The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This design for Yareli is horrible

Tidiusx

Good skins try to reinterpret a design somewhat. Limina turns Limbo from a stage magician into a sentient wizard, Soprana turns Banshee from a noise frame to a Vocaloid Idol, and Harrier turns Zephyr from a Tengu into a fighter jet. Whilst it's not usually this dramatic, Yareli's base design was also pretty controversial (I should know, I took part in it), so a complete 180 is a fun way to reinterpret her.

• Like 14

hace 1 hora, Tidiusx dijo:

This design for Yareli is horrible, from being a beautiful idol she becomes a monster from a horror movie.

I will simply say that they took the tentacles-anime-loli thing very seriously with this design.  Personally, it's not to my taste but I'm sure that more than one person wanted to see the skin more closely ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (it's a joke for god sake).

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
  • Like 2

as a "yareli enjoyerTMthis skin is awful. I was hoping the "deluxe" skin would make some sense, or look at least passable. this is a crime against not only fashion, but good taste and aesthetics.

but whatever, that nova asura skin exists so it's not the first to look butt ugly. no sale here DE

On 2024-03-23 at 10:32 PM, -Krism- said:

You don't, I do, end of debate

uh, the fee-hyuck are you saying? like seriously what are you saying this makes no sense. 

Graz, you failed the "end the debate" skill check, that much is certain

• Like 7

Pretty sure the objective with the skin was something different from her normal skin while still sorta staying within her water theme.

"Ugly" is subjective, but different is not as much.  They do get points off for not having nipple tassels though.

1 hour ago, Loza03 said:

Good skins try to reinterpret a design somewhat. Limina turns Limbo from a stage magician into a sentient wizard, Soprana turns Banshee from a noise frame to a Vocaloid Idol, and Harrier turns Zephyr from a Tengu into a fighter jet. Whilst it's not usually this dramatic, Yareli's base design was also pretty controversial (I should know, I took part in it), so a complete 180 is a fun way to reinterpret her.

The skin is nice and all... but it went, as you said, 180 degree and turned into male.

1 hour ago, quxier said:

The skin is nice and all... but it went, as you said, 180 degree and turned into male.

Somebody got there first but... definitely still has feminine features on there.

3 hours ago, Tidiusx said:

from being a beautiful idol she becomes a monster from a horror movie

maybe that explains why I like it then, I'd rather be "monster of the deep" than "overly cute kawaii-style" any day of the week. this and her augment might actually be enoguh to encourage me to use Yareli again.

2 hours ago, IamIronMan400 said:

Looks more like a Xenomorph than Yareli

YES! that's what the vibe is! I was thinking that the curvatures and texture of the bubbles look like that slimy Xenomorph Skin..

I'm gonna do it. I'm making a Xeno-Yareli fashion!

• Like 3

Thoughts:

*This design has strong synergy with Iareli's aquatic theme, however it quickly distances itself from the delicate blue doll design with this purple dark jellyfish woman(forgive me artists for not using the name of the skin in this description), this serious and mutant design for a character hypothetically aimed at a children's story. 

*This skin resembles the same series of tennogen extraterrestrial skins such as Loki Erebus/ Volt Fulgursor / Nyx Carnifex, I would love to buy these skins so my criticism is not related to the style and quality of development but is related to the sudden change in identity of Iareli.

*In short, It seems that the developers are trying to attract the wrong audience, trying to attract the adult audience, to Iareli's kit so this skin seems to distance itself from the supporters  of Iareli's.

(there are some design similarities to the ivara and ivara prime but this can be easily disassociated with the fashionframe. I'm sorry if these criticisms sounded acidic, I work in the arts and I know the creative blender is deafening)

Edited by Famecans
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CephalonOlphus said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

Even with the prominent breasts and ass?

Maybe her back looks little "weird" for male but front is masculine. Maybe it's one or more of: image size, image quality, colors.

Only quality I don't like are the high-heels.

Heels are far overblown in the game, and don't combine well with either swimming or riding a 'board'. in a thematic or 'aesthetic' sense in that pretentious way

Lovely otherwise. a wetsuit merged with a jellyfish? reminiscent of the aliens from The Abyss, or maybe a merging of the alien designs and the design of their technology.

Departing from the "Japanime Magical-Girl" trope was the only appropriate action for a Yareli deluxe, because that base quality only relates to the visual design of the character, not her kit or larger theme.