Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Citrine, Voruna and now Dante

Do you tenno like this grind style? I just grabbed the last component of Dante today from Loid, "optics" after buying the master BP also from Loid. The master BP dropped into my lap on my last mission. Felt kinda irked by that. I don't remember the exact specifics of how Citrine and Voruna unfolded for me, but feeling was very similar... grinding for something and then just having it tossed to you feels a little insulting... yeah great, it sets me up for Helminth... I think DE might want to think of entertaining a better solution. 

• Like 1

Or... here's an idea....  Don't buy the blueprints until you've done all the runs you think you'll be doing (given you'll also want the weapons and a second Dante for Helminth)... and then buy only the parts you need.  You can calculate how many Vessel Capillaries you'll need in total.

• Like 15

I feel you, and specifically arranged my grinding to avoid that feeling.

Buying EVERYTHING from Loid (Dante, Onos, Ruvox) costs 1260 Capillaries, so I aim for that number and don't even think about buying anything until I have all 1260. If Dante BP drops? That lowers my target down to 990, but I'm still not buying anything until I hit that target

The end result, I only had to farm 630 capillaries, which is still a long grind, but at least I don't have to get a part drop immediately after I bought it

• Like 3

It's a much better way of farming things than a lot of older frames pre circuit Imo since you have an eventual point you can guarantee you will have the frame vs just hoping you get the Nidus part to drop from Rot C Infested salvage and getting unlucky like 10-20 times in a row. If you approach it like other grinds in WF it becomes less of a grind since you can pity it with currency drop that's increased on Steel Path at least.

• Like 6

That's RNG, that's how it works, don't know what else to tell you.

Dante's farm is FAR better than Citrines or Vorunas. Citrine requires a very very dull and obnoxious MIRROR DEFENCE, requiring you to pick up crystals, incentivizing only Titania gameplay.
Vorunas is just a survival that punishes you for playing solo. You go in solo, you'll get 4x LESS Lua Thrax Plasm than you will in a squad.

Dante's however, doesn't do either of those. It's just a disruption mission WITHOUT the Nullifying bubbles that the Demolishers normally have. It's awesome. Not only that, it's not per round you get the resources, it's simply per Demo kill, so you could leave halfway through a round if you wanted cause you've got enough Capilliaries.

It's a far better farm than Citrine or Voruna.

• Like 8

I actually like the system - you try your luck in the missions, and once you have enough currency to buy all that did not drop, you just go shopping. It is a pitty system - you buy what refuses to drop for you.

But Voruna needs some additional currency for crafting, so it is better to hold your shopping urges just a bit longer - till you have enough currency even for that.

• Like 5

citrine also suffers from the problem that dante doesn't where you do like 3 rotations of useless junk and then get 1 rotation with what you might want, meanwhile dnate you get to target farm rotation b or c within 3 rotations which is a bit faster(its also infititely more effecting playing more than 4 waves) than id want means you eventually can farm the rotations you want. Discruptions as a whole have hit a really good point qol wise that it makes other endless mission grinds feel not great wf wise, mind you i don't think citrine or voruna should be like a a b c c c c c (A B / C rotation lockin eventually would be nice at some point) but there's also no way to dynamically effect the rewards like i doubt they'd add a "youd get a better reward to maintaining max life support kinda thing but more dynamic rewards i feel would be good for endless stuff balance wise to at least incentivize people to spend more than 5 minutes in it.

Vorunas a little less tedious than citrine but you also need the pity currency to craft her, which both citrine and dante do not, but unless you are doing omni fissures i doubt people will stay much longer than rot C half the time.

Citrine's mission is pretty tedious and nobody wants to stay longer than rot c, it's mind-numbingly boring for an interesting concept to try and iterate on defense / mobile defense. It's a static time with no way to speed it up( while intended alot of people don't like it because they want to complete missions as fast as possible, hence why speedva is generally preferred for any normal defense.)

It's definitely a good way of doing the grind, you're still aiming to get the drops from the rotation but while doing that you passively gain a way of getting something you're missing if you don't want to deal with rng

4 hours ago, PrideB4TheFall said:

Do you tenno like this grind style? I just grabbed the last component of Dante today from Loid, "optics" after buying the master BP also from Loid. The master BP dropped into my lap on my last mission. Felt kinda irked by that. I don't remember the exact specifics of how Citrine and Voruna unfolded for me, but feeling was very similar... grinding for something and then just having it tossed to you feels a little insulting... yeah great, it sets me up for Helminth... I think DE might want to think of entertaining a better solution. 

the system is fine, you just feel bad because RNG decided to give you a part you already bought, for free. like yeah, it sucks, but you couldn't know you were gonna get the drop on the next run, right? that's why you bought it. with the "pity shops" as I call them, the trick is to focus on grinding the currency, not the parts. if it drops, great, if not, keep getting the currency until you have enough to buy it. it's a FAR superior system to standalone RNG, which makes farming many older frames a lot more punishing and still negatively affects newbies to this day.

you don't seriously want us to go back to the old days of RNG or nothing, right? pretty sus if you do...

• Like 2

100% your "fault" for not optimizing your approach. 

• calculate target required currency (this includes everything you MAY want: weapons, frame parts, simulacrum scene...)
  • farm currency
  • each time you get an RNG part, reduce target currency.

once you have parts+sufficient currency to build everything, stop farm, start crafting. 
If you get impatient and start purchasing stuff before you've iterated the above, maybe you "get lucky" and don't get  a drop of something you already bought, but chances are the more you want, the more likely your impatience only resulted in a longer farm.

• Like 3

I love this grind style. No more bashing my head into the wall for wasting 30 minutes on a run that didn’t get me what I want.

now it’s work towards enough currency and work towards less for every part I get.

Edited by ToastyGrimlock98
  • Like 2

The Dante farm has been the best. Did two SP disruption runs where I stayed for around 1h and 20min in each, after that I had everything I needed in order to buy the few things I was missing. Being able to go ham on C rotation over and over and over is amazing.

I have no idea why people are complaining, this farm type with an earnable currency is objectively more forgiving than farming the same boss from 2015 for 2 hours and potentially  getting nothing for your work.

• Like 2

I really love the grind for these frames.  Get what drops you get from the actual mission, but all the while you're accumulating currency to trade in for whatever RNG doesn't give you.  It feels great to not have to face-grind until RNG literally gives me every part, and I think this system should basically be part of every grind in the game.

• Like 2

I adore it. I got Dante in one single hour-long disruption. Omnia Fissures are so nice for passive Voruna farming as well. Only issue I had with Citrine is that mirror defence is just not a fun game mode 

Dagath was a real easy farm as well. I enjoy being rewarded more for doing steelpath

vor 13 Stunden schrieb PrideB4TheFall:

I think unless DE makes all parts drop alltogether in a lvl 5 capture mission that is doable in under 15 seconds, people won't be happy with any solution. There will always be complaints, always.

Yeah I prefer having to do Ropalolyst 60 times, and fighting Tyl Regor 120 times, and 2 years of ESO. 

People often forget that such systems work, to help out the extreme outliers that can happen to people, because thats just the way RNG and statistics work. 

I actually personally got Khora and Equinox really fast and without burning out, was pleasant grind, but... I know and acknowledge some people had far more bad luck, and some people will have horror stories, which again, its how RNG and statistics just are. You will have extreme outliers. People need to be aware not to take their own personal experience for granted. 

That being said, such systems aren't perfect either, its a balancing act. I thought Mirror Defence and the pity system for Citrine was fine... for getting Citrine... but everything else, especially the Arcanes? Ehhh... Anyway, this is the better solution, but ideally, some of the values and time involved could be improved depending on other factors (for example Arcane rerolling system, somewhat offsets some of the issues, but not completely). Dante pity system, seems rather time effective. Of course also may depend on a persons preferences and enjoyment around Disruption. Or their effectiveness at it. Since Disruption is one of those missions you can get the required currency quite fast if you are really fast at the SP version (as opposed to Mirror Defence which had less ways to speed up). 

Am 5.4.2024 um 22:52 schrieb TummyLover:

I adore it. I got Dante in one single hour-long disruption. Omnia Fissures are so nice for passive Voruna farming as well. Only issue I had with Citrine is that mirror defence is just not a fun game mode 

Dagath was a real easy farm as well. I enjoy being rewarded more for doing steelpath

It's often worth buying normal warframes with platinum. because the time invested is extremely much too high with just a few warframes.
Back then, people farmed Khora for several months.
hm... come on! You can even farm platinum for purchase within a week and it's also chill and there are other rewards.

On 2024-04-05 at 1:16 PM, ominumi said:

So you prefer Khora's grind than this? Or even Harrow for that matter.

I got burned due to impatience. I have helminth Dante cooking now. Currently enjoying the Mirage eclipse tweaks. 

On 2024-04-05 at 9:55 AM, PrideB4TheFall said:

i thought it was too fast! 

We got Dante and all the weapons within a few hours or so, and then... nothing left to gain from new disruption mode 

q_q 

i like it but, it's counterproductive to go back