Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

a plea to DE; please un nerf the Bramma's ammo

balancing something around being not fun to use is always sad.

and the Bramma is a tragic case. its one of a handful of video game weapons (like OG thorn in destiny) where I was so proud to have finally earned it. I remember when the lich system launched and was just terrible, for normal people like me they might as well not exist, the grind was abysmal, enemies used to be hard-ish (pre SP) you could not buy it in the store. I remember seeing people with a Bramma on their back in public spaces and being so jealous. 

after a few months DE made the system actually do-able and I was able to get a Bramma, I was so proud, walking around with that amazing bow on my back, the awesome sound effects. it was so satisfying, I think that was around scarlet spear because I remember using the Bramma alot.

well so did everyone else, nerf, nerf, nerf.

I could handle all  the stat and gameplay nerfs, but the ammo? I don't run with carrier (and I'm not going to) even with ammo mods I still end up sucking rounds through a straw, and for any area there is not constant mobs. . .don't even get to use it. its so damn unpleasant to just holster your weapon every couple secs because you dared to use it. especially when its been power / aoe crept over time but was left on a drip feed because of neglect. 

if the problem is spam, fire rate or reload (NOT AMMO, this can be bypassed anyway and does not solve whatever the initial problem is, just makes it un fun for the majority)

if the problem is the AOE, remove / reduce / whatever the AOE aspect is.

if its particle effects, the particle effects.

if its damage, damage

etc.

but if you have a problem with the drapes you don't remove the window.

so please, could you spare a few rounds for the Bramma so I might be able to actually fire my weapon? I would really appreciate it. 

• Like 14

12 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

please un nerf the Bramma's ammo

no-pernalonga.gif

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

if the problem is the AOE, remove / reduce / whatever the AOE aspect is.

if its particle effects, the particle effects.

if its damage, damage

The whole Bow was the problem, it was exaggerated in everything. DE had nerfed Damage and AoE already, nerfing it further would make the weapon unable to kill and render it actually useless. Nerfing the Ammo for the most part did what had to be done, making players think before shooting to maximize the damage and kills per shot instead of just running around spamming the thing.

14 minutes ago, ominumi said:

We need Self damage back. Just like the good old day. 

Yes please, im a major advocate for this.

• Like 14

vor 22 Minuten schrieb ominumi:

We need Self damage back. Just like the good old day. 

It never worked because there are closing doors, players jumping in front of you and enemies around the corner. etc.
Players have been camping in defs with immortal warframes. and that was it. But you can now do the same thing much more effectively with warframe skills.

The weapon was not "nerfed" but intentionally completely ruined. just like many others. there's a reason for that...

• Like 9

kuva zarr, and bramma both totally uselles on circuit...in the normal game still viable if played in survival because the high number of enemies.

Edited by Vaml77
  • Like 2

The real problem is that they singled out a few weapons instead of looking at the weapon family as a whole. The only reason the Bramma nerf can feel stupid to some players is because of things like Tenet Envoy. Honestly, it's still fine though. There's still a huge presence of these weapons, especially Kuva Ogris.

• Like 4

So basically you want to shoot at the floor to kill the room again

Or my personal favorite (and why I no longer PUG) shoot at your teammates ahead of you with your bright colored energy AoE to blind/troll them

• Like 9

I'd say the Kuva Bramma, and by extension other big hitters like Kuva Ogris, ammo nerf was fine.

The problem was dumpstering everything else along with it since monkey see large explosion monkey nerf large explosion. Battery weapons was never an issue (other than maybe Pax Charge x Sporelacer which didn't get hit). Akarius also got hit way too harshly just because it was AOE when it was status-based so it actually needed help since Shot can't work it. Etc. There are other weapons that also got hit too harshly. Wukong also got Triple-Nerfed despite it being the best frame that was in the prime offerings list which explained why its usage was so high.

It would have been miles better to do the nerfs in stages starting with the strong hitters and then moving down the list rather than trying to make the Kuva Bramma and something like Akarius or Bubonico receive the same nerf.

• Like 3

After the zarr/bramma nerfs nothing actually changed, people just switched from using wukongs and started using thermal sunder titania to do the same thing but faster. people who complained about having to play walking simulator still find themselves doing the same thing. 

Edited by ReddyDisco
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

After the zarr/bramma nerfs nothing actually changed, people just switched from using wukongs and started using thermal sunder titania to do the same thing but faster. people who complained about having to play walking simulator still find themselves doing the same thing. 

If they want to avoid Titania, there's always SP.  Just saying

I've been a fan of Bramma before the change, and after, and I gotta say it's in a fine position atm. Just suck it up and run ammo mods on your sentinel or weapon and you'll be fine. It's not like you're leaning on just the bramma during a mission anyway, ik you're using your Melee and secondary when your bramma is out of ammo.

Edited by (PSN)ErydisTheLucario
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Hexerin said:

How does Steel Path relate to avoiding Titania?

Thermal Sunder Titania is pretty much a non issue there as her TTK drastically increases, therefore you almost never see one on SP

• Like 1

Scavenger, Ammo Case, Mutation = What ammo nerf?

The whole thing is pointless since you can just use these to counter it. Only time I've seen issues is in Circuit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zThulsaDoomz said:

Thermal Sunder Titania is pretty much a non issue there as her TTK drastically increases, therefore you almost never see one on SP

Sounds like a modding issue. I don't see Thermal Sunder very much on SP, but when I do, it has no problems keeping the map empty of enemies.

• Like 3

It was hit with an ammo nerf so that it remained usable without players throwing (even more of) a fit over "muh damage". Also reducing rate or reload (neither do much on a bow anyways) doesn't actually deal with the spam issue just due to how grossly overkill the damage is thus mitigating those nerfs with mods would have been trivial.

As is there's a half dozen ways to mitigate any ammo concern and well over a dozen indirect methods for dealing with it. Just use them and you'll be fine.

I don't get why people want Self Damage back other than buff up Chroma strategy, but maybe DE should introduce another mod like "Suicide Shot"; remove staggers but able to deal damage to user by 10%(min rank) to 100%(max rank).

• Like 2