Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dear DE we only have one Kuva melee.

Famecans

More would be fun. I know they have animation issues and what not, and I know Holokeys are polarising, but I'd personally be fine if they added a vendor that sold Kuva Melee weapons, like we do for Tenet melee. Ideally whatever the acquirement method would be free of RNG (sort of how you are guaranteed a Holokey when defeating a Sister), 

• Like 1

Maybe some suggestions?

Atterax comes to mind as a real og weapon..

Maybe the Halikar, that one seriously needs help.

Jat Kittag would be neat too - but I guess it'd be another hammer :/

the Sheev maybe lol same meme potential as the Seer really

Ghoulsaw like.. seriously that thing sucks... but that's probably the stances fault x.x

Maybe a Queens Scepter as a Kuva counter part to the Broken Scepter idk just spitballing here...

Now that I look at it, there actually aren't that many grineer melee weapons that don't have a prisma or wraith variant yet.

Edited by LittleLeoniePrime
  • Like 5

Yep, that was what I expecting for the next kuva weapon. There are loads of options to pick from that are not fan favorites.

Tenet weapons, we already have a neat melee batch though so we don't need a new tenet melee though.

• Like 1

I was betting on a kuva melee for that very reason.  (And secondarily because DE's been emphasizing melee more.). As usual when I try to predict what DE will do, I lost.

The one I lust after the most is Kuva Ripkas.  But I'd be delighted to see Ghoulsaw, Jet Kittykat,  Halikar, or either Machete or Slaytra.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RLanzinger said:

KuVa GhOuLSaW...

😅You sir, are a masochist.  I don't know whether to clap or hide under the bed.  

And to add to this insanity 

1 hour ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

I +1 this sentiment. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Jat Kusar wouldnt. Ripkas sounde nice. 

Edited by Zakkhar
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Maybe a Queens Cepter as a Kuva counter part to the Broken Cepter idk just spitballing here...

I know lore is not immutable, but under the current lore that's a hard "no"

Kuva Scepters are badges of office for Orokin that cause the empire's citizens to obey them. The Grineer Queens were the Queens because they found the last one, the only one, it marked them as the last of the Orokin

Giving new ones to the Liches kinda undoes the only reason it was special

• Like 1

Just now, TARINunit9 said:

Kuva Scepters are badges of office for Orokin that cause the empire's citizens to obey them. The Grineer Queens were the Queens because they found the last one, the only one, it marked them as the last of the Orokin

fair enough.

As at least half a lore head I can be content with such an answer :)

As much as I would've liked to see the power of the kuva used in a weapon hehe

• Like 1

I would have liked another Kuva melee too. I suppose out of all of them, Jat Kittag would have been my pick: I know Kuva Shildeg is a hammer too, but Jat Kittag is an old weapon that once had a massive following, but has since been power-crept by a huge amount of melee weapons that have come after, including the Kuva Shildeg.  a Kuva/Wraith version with better stats is just what the weapon neds IMO; veterans familiar with it get an upgrade, and newer players get introduced to the joys of having a melee that does all your CC work for you lol.

Ripkas, Sheev or Ghoulsaw would be great, but one people haven't mentioned is Amphis. the classic Guardsmen/Prosecutor weapon of choice has pretty poor stats compared to other melees even within the Staves category, which aside from Bo Prime  and it's incarnon, are kind of underwhelming as a whole IMO. a higher voltage Kuva variant that has a wide electric AoE would be awesome IMO.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Aruquae said:

Hmmm Kuva Daikyu, but it’s a melee weapon… you slap people with the bow like that guy throwing a tantrum in Brave…

Yes…

This is the kind of innovate genius that DE needs to listen to. 

Or how about, Kuva Daikyu Incarnon. Takes your idea at base form, but Incarnon makes the Arrow get even bigger. Then thats wielded like a Kuva Rapier, you stab people with, and the Bow part is now a Kuva Glaive that you throw at people. Left hand Rapier, right hand Glaive. Uses Sword and Shield Stances, unless you hold down heavy, then its thrown, like Glaives, but the sliding attack is based on Rapier stances, but if you backflip, you just die, straight deaded! No one knows why. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

I'd take it. I'd love a Kuva Jat Kittag. I occasionally want to use my old kittag till I remember how terrible its stats are these days. 

22 hours ago, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Maybe a Queens Scepter as a Kuva counter part to the Broken Scepter idk just spitballing here...

You mean like War as a counterpart to Broken War? 

Actually a great idea. 11/10 idea. Would totally beat up Grineer for the irony alone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, -ShadowRadiance- said:

*Clem.*

Translation;

Clem stole. Good weapon make pow pow on bad grinner head. 

*Clem nods*

On that note, how do we not have Kuva Krakatas, single or twin?

I'm all for Kuva Ghoulsaw too.  Right up there with Kuva Stug in making a meme a dream.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Im going to introduce you to War and Broken War. 

What is broken, can be fixed. We just turned it into a melee weapon instead of ordering people around. 

Perhaps Lichs give you the blueprint on death so you can repair it using the broken scepter instead of a normal kuva weapon.

• Like 1

On 2024-04-28 at 9:55 AM, LittleLeoniePrime said:

Maybe some suggestions?

Atterax comes to mind as a real og weapon..

Maybe the Halikar, that one seriously needs help.

Ghoulsaw like.. seriously that thing sucks... but that's probably the stances fault x.x

Now that I look at it, there actually aren't that many grineer melee weapons that don't have a prisma or wraith variant yet.

Dude. Give me everything you said. Oh god I could do some serious damage if I had these. +1

• Like 1

I have created a topic that covers Kuva melee weapons as well as many other Kuva AND Tenet weapons people have been wanting, as well as some original Kuva and Tenet weapons I thought of. I was thinking, which I mention in this topic, that Cressa Tal (Steel Meridian leader) could function for this purpose just like how Ergo Glast sells all the Tenet melee weapons at the moment. But as others have pointed out, waiting for Ergo Glast to have the elemental bonus we want is a pain. Anyways, here's the link to my topic, I think you and several of the Tenno who responded will like it:

• Like 1

There are already way too many different Kuva weapons on the Lich drop table. If there was some other method provided for getting them like the Ergo Glast Tenet weapons that could work, though.

edit: ...and I see that you just addressed that, sorry.

Edited by jothki
  • Like 1

On 2024-04-28 at 6:03 PM, MBaldelli said:
On 2024-04-28 at 5:49 PM, RLanzinger said:

KuVa GhOuLSaW...

😅You sir, are a masochist.  I don't know whether to clap or hide under the bed.  

It's pretty fun weapon. Even your monster under the bed agrees.