The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bile hurts more than platinum? (Archon Shards unequip)

1 hour ago, (PSN)GEN-Son_17 said:

I'm the opposite of you. Azure for the win! Beefing up frames, increasing DR and survivability, opens up toms of opportunities for me. Maybe if they allow trading one day, I'll definitely hook you up with some of my crimson shards. 

My Excal is using all Tau Blue. I use it for Armor on any frame that has flat DR like Trinity, Mesa and Citrine.

Most the time Crimson turns into survival with longer duration on effects like Gara's Splinter Shield.

When it comes to non-DR frames it's one big shrug. Like what are they gunna do for Mag, Harrow or Volt?

vor einer Stunde schrieb Xzorn:

My Excal is using all Tau Blue. I use it for Armor on any frame that has flat DR like Trinity, Mesa and Citrine.

Most the time Crimson turns into survival with longer duration on effects like Gara's Splinter Shield.

When it comes to non-DR frames it's one big shrug. Like what are they gunna do for Mag, Harrow or Volt?

In order for such topics to bear fruit, we need to define the area where these warframes are used. For me it is: SP circuit.

For Harrow, I have 3 yellow for faster cast and 2 orange for secondary crit. My secondaries easily get red/orange crits.

And Harrow has its problems. The current mechanics do not allow 3-4 effective builds. Because I already have at least these builds: secondary (2 orange), primary (2 orange/red), mele (2 green - because of mele corr buff arcane), primary/secondary (2 green - with cold+corr proc weapons), support spec for energy with a usable range.

I will probably remove a polarity for this, because Harrow is difficult to mod like this. But the current shard functionality does not allow different shards for multiple builds anyway...

I solved survival for Harrow like this: full umbra set + combat discipline with arcane barrier. Just bought Catalyzing Shields. maybe i'll install that too.

and with excal i only have blue shards so he can face roll 3-4k enemies in sp circuit. i need a lot of health buffer so he generates enough energy with rage and doesn't fall over.

2 hours ago, Xzorn said:

Those three frames completely transform with good armor and health, especially Mag. If I recall, every 300 armor doubles eHP, so I was pleasantly surprised to find my Mag brushing off hits and allowing adaptation to fully activate its DR for both her health and shields. I was able to try set-ups I normally wouldn't, and I did not have to rely on abilities and parkour as much. Really nice change of pace.

• Like 1

1. Go to a Relay and ask for Resource Boost.

2. Farm a defense or survival mission with booster active and if possible with a loot frame

3. Don't leave and reset after 5 minute. Stay at least for wave 4 or 20min.

4. Enjoy your stockpile.

• Like 3

I was gonna debate ... But , I see no worthwhile counterargument to just let you use plat for pretty much any of the options.

Being able to rush things with plat is already a capability , it can be expanded to helminth resources.

• Like 1

This is the third or fourth one of these posts I've seen lately.

Do you guys not have Nav cords? You guys all have voidgel orbs right? Morphics and Ticor plate, Isos basically rain from the sky. Thermal sludge is super fast to get.

Seriously these days it's easier to fill bile than pheromones.

Also shards aren't mods. Be thoughtful on putting them into frames.

• Like 8

vor 8 Minuten schrieb pwnSacrifice:

Do you guys not have Nav cords? You guys all have voidgel orbs right? Morphics and Ticor plate, Isos basically rain from the sky. Thermal sludge is super fast to get.

Agreed. I usually don't remove shards unless I make a complete build change or replace normal ones with tauforged.

That being said, Hieracon - Pluto should be the answer to their prayers. Excavation mission where Endo, Neo and Axi relics are found and Cryotic and Morphics are farmed along the way.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Agall said:

There's a difference between providing currently available solutions to a problem, deconstructing the utility of a community suggested 'improvement', and simply hating on someone's idea. I think every suggestion should be contested, even if the contest is mostly unreasonable, as long as it's thought out.

Otherwise, you're simply complaining about poorly developed criticisms or trolls which exist in any community. That's not the summation of any community, but simply vocal minorities within it.

I know there's a difference, but half the time it's just a flat out "No" or "Jus play gem" which isn't very helpful and is clearly done to elicit a negative response.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

I solved survival for Harrow like this: full umbra set + combat discipline with arcane barrier. Just bought Catalyzing Shields. maybe i'll install that too.

I've never really had issue surviving with base Harrow. Auger gives enough shields for Condemn to travel and if all else fails press 4 or spam 1.

Using Blue for Health on him doesn't seem awful to replace Primed Vigor but I've no idea what I'd replace it with. Rolling Guard for the status clear maybe?

Thing about the Azure/Amber shards is it'd rather use Crimson for weapons and not lock myself to a damage type. I use very few of them honestly. Saryn gets green obviously. I gave Citrin a purple for her 1st. I think that's it honestly. If they made the 1st ability Elemental buff augments like Shock Trooper and Fireball Frenzy not mix with other elements on your weapons I think it would open up a lot more options for those shards.

2 hours ago, pwnSacrifice said:

It's mainly new players reaching Archon hunts. They got 3 crimson shards and 10 warframes. They want to shuffle around shards everytime they play a different warframe.

• Like 2

I don't think I've ever had any issue farming bile ingredients.  Pretty sure in two hours, I can usually farm more than enough for whatever I'm doing with my helminth.

Then again, if you only have two hours a night to play, you probably shouldn't bother with shards at all.  Yes they can be a decent boost, but they're not genuinely necessary unless you're trying to do the hardest content, which would mean that you'd either dedicate days to farming or do what I do and keep a priority list for what frames keep their shards so I'm not wasting my time or resources trying to shuffle everything between too many frames.

Good things in games these days take time.  It's fine if you don't have that time--many don't, myself included--but that just means that you have to prioritize things like what frames keep their shards so that you don't have to waste time gathering resources just to shuffle everything around.

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Raarsi said:

I don't think I've ever had any issue farming bile ingredients.  Pretty sure in two hours, I can usually farm more than enough for whatever I'm doing with my helminth.

Then again, if you only have two hours a night to play, you probably shouldn't bother with shards at all.  Yes they can be a decent boost, but they're not genuinely necessary unless you're trying to do the hardest content, which would mean that you'd either dedicate days to farming or do what I do and keep a priority list for what frames keep their shards so I'm not wasting my time or resources trying to shuffle everything between too many frames.

Good things in games these days take time.  It's fine if you don't have that time--many don't, myself included--but that just means that you have to prioritize things like what frames keep their shards so that you don't have to waste time gathering resources just to shuffle everything around.

"But the build guides have them so I need to have them." Kinda makes you wonder how noob friendly these guides are.

• Like 3

Two simple ways of collecting bile resources.

1. Always have an extractor running on the Zariman.  This will passively increase your voidgel and you don't really have to actively "do" anything to keep it running.  Voidgel is also really useful because you only need ten to feed to the Helminth.

2. Go fishing on Duviri.  Fishing is really fast and you can build up ariette scales quickly to feed the Helminth.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, _Eclips3_ said:

I know there's a difference, but half the time it's just a flat out "No" or "Jus play gem" which isn't very helpful and is clearly done to elicit a negative response.

Not really. Some people just won't take no for an answer, even though the no is, often times, the best answer. In the case of bile, the issue is clearly more about minimizing obsessive adding and removal, requiring a little more thought and reading about what the shards can do as well as really taking some time to consider what your main goal is. There's also the farming aspect, promoting active gameplay to support how much, or how little, changes you would like to make. 

The shard system isn't a new or mid level player system. Unless a player has done nothing but speed runs and decided to skip every breakable loot crate or item, the Nav Cords alone should be in the high thousands range. I understand the thought behind the removal requests (because it's annoying to not be able to just swap whenever we want), but I see no issues with any system that forces a pause and thought before taking action. That sounds MUCH healthier for a game.

Bile is "annoying" and that's enough to get a lot of players to disengage. I've got half a dozen frames in full tau ready to annihilate the entire game, there's nothing else for me to do other than screw around with funny niche builds, but the annoyance of Bile is enough to not bother, what with all the live mission testing required. I've got other games to play. So who is actually happy with the Bile thing? The guys who are only here for gatekeeping and schadenfreude? This how DE intends players to engage?

• Like 4

vor 53 Minuten schrieb Xylena_Lazarow:

Bile is "annoying" and that's enough to get a lot of players to disengage. I've got half a dozen frames in full tau ready to annihilate the entire game, there's nothing else for me to do other than screw around with funny niche builds, but the annoyance of Bile is enough to not bother, what with all the live mission testing required. I've got other games to play. So who is actually happy with the Bile thing? The guys who are only here for gatekeeping and schadenfreude? This how DE intends players to engage?

A lot of people made good suggestion on how to resolve this, instead of just chiming in a circle-jerk how terrible it is. You think making a suggestion on how to fix a problem is 'gatekeeping' or 'schadenfreude'. Seriously?

51 minutes ago, Xylena_Lazarow said:

It's beneficial in that it returns value and incentive to gathering basic resources again. All those farming frames and meta nodes, or really just the star chart in general, lost nearly all their value the moment players got their stockpiles to the point of no longer caring.

You see it as an annoyance, I see it as a reason to engage with parts of the game that nobody has reason to return to otherwise. Needing to go and get more resources is literally more reasons to play the game. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ominumi said:

"But the build guides have them so I need to have them." Kinda makes you wonder how noob friendly these guides are.

Well that's why those players are noobs, because they should be looking at beginner guides instead of asking the wrong questions.

Yes, going from new player to endgame is still a convoluted mess (and will likely always be), but that's a discussion for a different thread.

Posted (edited)
Am 4.6.2024 um 17:10 schrieb ominumi:

It's not like we can buy Bile resources with plat.... oh wait we can.

Wait, which? 

Edit: I checked the market and it's a singular morphic for 10 plat.. that's definitely not an alternative 

Edited by (XBOX)K1jker

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

A lot of people made good suggestion on how to resolve this, instead of just chiming in a circle-jerk how terrible it is. You think making a suggestion on how to fix a problem is 'gatekeeping' or 'schadenfreude'. Seriously?

I skip over most player suggestions (and so do devs). Sorry. Saw people defending a heinous grind as usual. All this sort of grind is ultimately doing is pushing some number of players out of engaging with the system altogether because it's not worth their time.

1 hour ago, trst said:

You see it as an annoyance, I see it as a reason to engage with parts of the game that nobody has reason to return to otherwise. Needing to go and get more resources is literally more reasons to play the game. 

That's a fair response, but why Bile specifically? Wouldn't it give the same meaning and engagement to you if it was Oxides or Synthetics? They deliberately chose mats for Bile that come from obscure specific corners of the game, with little to no overlap with other grinds, with fewer players farming them, in order to ensure that Bile would accumulate more slowly than the others during normal gameplay. In other words, they know darn well that Bile is "annoying" to go out of your way for.

• Like 2