Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Normally at the end of a Cinematic Quest, DE give us a free toy to add to our arsenal. What might Jade Shadow bring?

As much as I personally want to get Stalker I doubt we'll actually obtain him at the end of the quest, but speaking freely and openly. I want to be proven wrong there.

Anyway, DE have mentioned that Jade Shadow is the next Cinematic Quest in Warframe. While this isn't true for every Cinematic Quest, more times than not, we're given a new toy to add to our arsenal, complete with a slot and catalyst (or reactor in the case of Umbra).

Second Dream gives us Broken War

The War Within gave us Broken Scepter

The Sacrifice gave us Umbra and his signature Nikana

Prelude to War gave us Paracesis (ok I lied, this one requires you to craft and isn't cheap, still fits the sort of theme though.)

The New War gave us Nataruk

Veilbreaker gave us Archon Shards (or at least an introduction)

I don't think Angels of the Zariman gave us anything (an exception alongside Apostasy Prologue which is short anyway)

Whispers in the Walls gave us the Grimoire

misc quests,

Deadlock Protocal gives the Xoris

The Duviri Paradox gives Sun & Moon (also a blueprint but still)

With all that in mind, I assume we're going to be getting a new toy to play with in Jade Shadow.

Obviously we have no way to predict and it will probably be tied to the story itself but I'm curious what it'll be.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Zahnrad said:

As much as I personally want to get Stalker I doubt we'll actually obtain him at the end of the quest, but speaking freely and openly. I want to be proven wrong there.

Anyway, DE have mentioned that Jade Shadow is the next Cinematic Quest in Warframe. While this isn't true for every Cinematic Quest, more times than not, we're given a new toy to add to our arsenal, complete with a slot and catalyst (or reactor in the case of Umbra).

Second Dream gives us Broken War

The War Within gave us Broken Scepter

The Sacrifice gave us Umbra and his signature Nikana

Prelude to War gave us Paracesis (ok I lied, this one requires you to craft and isn't cheap, still fits the sort of theme though.)

I don't think Angels of the Zariman gave us anything (an exception alongside Apostasy Prologue which is short anyway)

Whispers in the Walls gave us the Grimoire

misc quests,

Deadlock Protocal gives the Xoris

The Duviri Paradox gives Sun & Moon (also a blueprint but still)

With all that in mind, I assume we're going to be getting a new toy to play with in Jade Shadow.

Obviously we have no way to predict and it will probably be tied to the story itself but I'm curious what it'll be.

jade main blueprint most likely

• Like 6

Well, considering they were directly quoted on the DevStream as saying 'Jade Shadows will be how you get Jade' you can consider that the case there.

It will also open up the store that Ordis will be running, where you can get Jade's weapons, too. Resources from the new game mode to pay for those.

Basically, despite all the hype around the Stalker lore, this is still just another frame quest, similar to Chains of Harrow or Call of the Tempestarii (both of which had some great moments).

It could be a really good Frame Quest, and could bring in something else that DE have not mentioned. But currently a lot that it's bringing with it has already been shown to us.

• Like 2

A way to get the main blueprint and parts, like other quests (Limbo, Mirage) would be more than enough for me. Just don't tack on yet another one-time resource.

45 minutes ago, (XBOX)ShadowBlood89 said:

jade main blueprint most likely

Incorrect cause the event is already giving her main BP so it would be something else

23 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Well, considering they were directly quoted on the DevStream as saying 'Jade Shadows will be how you get Jade' you can consider that the case there.

Then why is the event giving out the whole JADE set then? that statement contradicts what is happening ingame

or tinfoil theory they lied to make the stalker frame a surprise 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Jivy said:
55 minutes ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

Then why is the event giving out the whole JADE set then? that statement contradicts what is happening ingame

These aren't mutually exclusive; there's no reason players wouldn't be able to pick up their first Jade BP from the quest and get a duplicate for Helminth via the event. The same item can be procured from any number of sources DE wants, and DE has demonstrated a prodigious tendency towards experimenting with new things.

Edited by (PSN)Unstar
typo
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

These aren't mutually exclusive; there's no reason players wouldn't be able to pick up their first Jade BP from the quest and get a duplicate for Helminth via the event. The same item can be procured from any number of sources DE wants, and DE has demonstrated a prodigious tendency towards experimenting with new things.

I feel like that doesn't make sense.

If it was part of an Event, then sure. But DE said even after Belly of the Beast is over, Ordis will still sell Jade.

So we have two permanent methods which at least to me, doesn't make sense when Quest duplicates are normally handed over to Simaris's offerings.

1 hour ago, Zahnrad said:

it also gave us drifter's weapons, Sirocco (Amp) and Rumblejack (Melee).

1 hour ago, Zahnrad said:

I don't think those count as "cinematic" quetsts. AotZ especially was basically just a tutorial to the Zariman tileset features (Lohk Surges, pickups etc) and the 3 new game modes at the time (Void Cascade, Void Flood and Void Armageddon respectively)

as for what it is, it could be stalker, but it could also be something else: perhaps a weapon Stalker had back when he was a low guardian? far as I can tell he adopted the Dread/Despair/Hate setup after the fall of the empire when he started hunting us. 

• Like 2

If the leaks are true, we're getting something to accompany Dread, Despair, and Hate.   Spoiler follows, proceed at your own risk.

Spoiler

Stalker's little known archmelee weapon:  Disappointment.  :P

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I don't think those count as "cinematic" quetsts. AotZ especially

Fair, I was kinda counting them due to them being part of the Linear Warframe storyline.

5 minutes ago, Zahnrad said:

Fair, I was kinda counting them due to them being part of the Linear Warframe storyline.

I get that, it's just when I think "cinematic", I'm thinking very long extended cutscenes with lore bomb dialogue and full mocap acting. 

Posted (edited)

My money is on it being an Orbiter decoration. Maybe a Stalker themed Domestik Drone named Apathy.

Edit: Also in regards to the theory that it'll be adding Stalker to our arsenal I hope that's not the case if it's the Duviri version. His kit is rather bland and outright offensive for having a viable version of Absorb that rightfully belongs in Nyx's kit.

Edited by trst
  • Like 1

More Umbral mods. 

Reasons I think so:

1. They've been giving out a good amount of Umbra Forma lately, but the mods that use Umbra polarity are mostly kinda powercrept by now.  New Umbral mods would make Umbra polarity good again, right?
  2. "Umbra" is Latin for "Shadow" so, if not now, when? 
  3. Copium.

Sure maybe the third reason repeats the first two, but uh... that's all I got.

• Like 1

Calling right now, we're getting the stalker himself in our arsenal as a fully playable warframe or AT LEAST his helmet

They were very heavy on the "no spoiler" meaning we're getting something very huge

We already know jade's main blueprint is coming from ordis in the relay

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Jivy:

Its the "Stalker quest" and DE are heavily implying that we are getting something big

If it isn't stalker you can all laugh at me

I will join you in being laughed at when we dont get the stalker.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

99% sure it's the ship skin, failing that, it's Jades blueprint. As much as I want Stalker in our arsenal, I highly doubt DE would do that. I mean, the one in Duviri is already shoddily put together with clunky animations for stolen abilities. They'd have to re-work the duviri version as well and I doubt they had time for that.

Edited by _Eclips3_
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

I don't think those count as "cinematic" quetsts. AotZ

What's AotZ? Attack on the Zaw? Ash on the Zimmer frame? Atlas of the Zebra?

vor einer Stunde schrieb _Eclips3_:

99% sure it's the ship skin, failing that, it's Jades blueprint. As much as I want Stalker in our arsenal, I highly doubt DE would do that. I mean, the one in Duviri is already shoddily put together with clunky animations for stolen abilities. They'd have to re-work the duviri version as well and I doubt they had time for that.

With how many different abilities stalker had at various points in time I think this would be the perfect time to give him to us as kitframe. :)

• Like 2