Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kahl stuff is my favourite part of the game!

I have a bit above 1k hours in the game.

MR19. Mostly play solo, for the plot and characters etc.

Kahl and his garrison is my favourite part of the game, I think. I love his story, introduction during TWW, all the Blue Girl shenanigans and his PERSONALITY!

Seriously, I need more of Kahl. Let me save more brothers, have them join up the Ostrons etc. Love it all.

And I even love doing all his missions in the camp. So far I'm at camp level 5.

Gives me a little bit of that amazing Red Dead Redemption 2 camp vibe, you know? Checking in with my people, listening to what they have to say. Great stuff.

Do you like Kahl?

• Like 6

I'd like it more if he had more than three missions and DE didn't remove their Shard. It really needs some evergreen reward, hek I'd run it for Relic Packs even. 

• Like 3

Kahl is awesome, but they just abandoned it.  If they just made him moddable and expanded his missions...  The way his challenge is set up to redo his mission multiple times is kind of annoying too and sometimes hard to avoid with certain combinations of things.  As a result of Kahl's failures, we also never got the corpus guys content..

Edited by Lord_Drod
  • Like 1

I like Kahl as a character.  And the missions are enjoyable enough the first time you play them.  But I dislike them as repeated content, as the missions overall feel slow and lack reply value for me personally.  I stopped playing them when they still offered Archon Shards, because Archon Shards simply were not worth how bad it felt to replay Kahl's missions.

So personally, I'd prefer that there be no further Kahl missions.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Katoosie said:

Do you like Kahl?

No, he is my least favorite part of the game.  I should amend that.  He was my least favorite part of the game when he had an eternal grind for shards stapled to his stale content.  Now that DE has wisely moved his shard elsewhere, Limbo has regained his rightful place as my true least favorite.

• Like 1

Kahl isn't bad but repeating the same missions gets tiring. They could've done Narmer exterminate, capture, defense... after you finish the first scripted missions and it would've been better than what we got

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Voltage said:

You're probably one of like 5 players in the entire game that has enthusiasm towards Kahl's 3 recycled missions.

Considering there were Murex in every planet during the New War, there could very much be at least one mission for each tileset where Kahl could go to each week but, its just one more of those features DE added to the game that will get quickly grinded and forgotten.

6 hours ago, trst said:

I'd like it more if he had more than three missions and DE didn't remove their Shard. It really needs some evergreen reward, hek I'd run it for Relic Packs even. 

I used to do it for the Shards too, have over 1K stock and no use for them...

I did make a topic a wile back proposing a bunch of things for DE to add to Kahl's shop, many props from his missions like the Pazul humming sculpture he had to destroy in some missions, the Narmar Veil as Operator/Drifter mask, his Veil Breaker as Skin for Amps and a bunch of other stuff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Katoosie said:

Do you like Kahl?

I hate him, I hate his gameplay, I hate his character, I hate the way he talks, He's annoying and I HATE HIM WITH PASSION

• Like 5

As soon as DE makes these small changes it will be one of the most played content on my part as well:

1. Able to use any Grineer weapons that I own in my Arsenal

-Modding for these weapons are optional but I want weapon options

One of the greatest thing about this game is about +1000 mods and hundreds of weapons but Khal won't be using any of them, only specific weapons in each mission.

2. Open world Bounties can be completed in Solo-mode

-After those 4-5 Khal missions I was burned out. I had already seen and experienced the whole thing

-Bounties offer more variety which means more fun

Edited by Tuli_Donitsi

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Waeleto:

I hate him, I hate his gameplay, I hate his character, I hate the way he talks, He's annoying and I HATE HIM WITH PASSION

That should be the opinion of the majority. At least what I had read since the release. Real image would only provide the statistics.
Because the graphic was good. Gameplay is more for grandmas and grandpas. So it doesn't fit the usual Warframe content at all. The same thing is with Duviri with ridiculous Rewards per wasted time.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Venus-Venera said:

That should be the opinion of the majority. At least what I had read since the release. Real image would only provide the statistics.
Because the graphic was good. Gameplay is more for grandmas and grandpas. So it doesn't fit the usual Warframe content at all. The same thing is with Duviri with ridiculous Rewards per wasted time.

I like the Duviri too.

I guess I'm a minority player :)

• Like 5

vor 16 Minuten schrieb Katoosie:

I like the Duviri too.

I guess I'm a minority player :)

I like it every now and then, even though I don't need anything from there. And 1-1.5 hour runs are not uncommon in SP public. However, without real and unadulterated statistics from embarrassing propaganda, I can't say anything specific about it.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, trst said:

This. Once you get everything from his store he has no relevancy in terms of player rewards.

I enjoyed the idea back when it was out, but DE made me hate it.

I thought they were going to add new missions, potentially add new characters to select, especially if we consider that Kahl is customizable.

Looking back it's been the worst grind ever introduced, at least for me. Extremely repetitive and with barely enough points to grab a BASE archon shard and some breadcrumbs to slowly pile up for the other rewards.

• Like 2

I generally like a lot of aspects of it too, but its not my overall favourite. I do like it more than most though. 

Stuff I like. Kahl's character, personality, perspective as a Grineer soldier who has broken away from the Grineer as a faction under the Queens or others authority, but still loyal and dedicated to his Brothers. His general ability to work with others that aren't Grineer. His interactions and friendship with Daughter. Their interactions in general. I do like the difference and novelty of the missions you run with him. I like you can customise Kahl, I like they eventually added more weapons to his gameplay too, I liked and appreciated the gameplay was different and utilised working in a squad. I also personally quite liked Sneaky Sabotage. Not originally, its a preference I developed. Its boss fight was interesting, as far as the laser air strike weapon, freezing the boss, oh and I mean Exergis fan here so. 

Stuff I didn't like as much. The repetition. The first few times playing, it was fine. Even as someone who enjoyed it, I would still play many weeks after many grew tired and irritated. I understood why others would get irritated, even if I still enjoyed it, people have different ideas of fun and thresholds. Thing is, there would be a small incentive to say explore an entire tile set. Why? Side objectives. If an environment is new and fresh, that can be fun to explore. After multiple repetitions though... well its no longer exploration, or new. Its just looking for an item just for a reward and then if the tole sets are large and with multiple routes and your character is much slower than the normal gameplay loop... Okay but no rush right? Or if you miss it you miss it... but then you have design like doing it in 15 minutes as a bonus and or multiple side objectives requiring exploration. Then you also had to do all 3 to rotate... 

Stuff I think could have been interesting. At least personally. One your max rank the syndicate and have done the rotation of missions a few times. Like maybe 3 rotations of 3. So around 2 months of progression. Just let players choose what Kahl mission they can do. At that point the other missions have justified their resources and existence, and people can avoid the ones they disliked and ones they enjoy. Add evergreen rewards to the store. Stuff that no one would feel obligated to do, to get exclusives, but stuff thats nice, and decently alright as far as time investment, like doing the Kahl quest will let you have ways to get Catalysts or Forma, or even certain Arcanes, if its like Acrithis and on rotation. Something you can totally avoid, but also engage in if you enjoy it and have a reason to. Let you customise Kahl's load out to allow any Grineer weapon.

I'd also add in an extra mission after max rank, thats just Kahl and friends going through a tileset and its just an Extermination. Yes its boring and it'll probably be popular, but sometimes someone just wants to go and kill the thing, and then trying to find a Floof, 5 dog tags, and 5 symbols hidden, and doing that all in 15 minutes... Again, personally my fav was Sneaky Sabotage, but sometimes you have to let people have an outlet so they don't end up resenting the content... Something that is just more direct and less about busywork to make them feel like they have to spend 10 minutes search massive areas for slightly broken wall textures. I'd personally also maybe consider some sort of RPG element where the more you use Kahl, the more he levels up, and gets faster, stronger, and tough, meaning there is a long term incentivise in doing Kahl stuff, because it will make future Kahl missions faster and easier, and surely if Kahl is doing the exact same 3 missions over and over... Let Kahl get fast, let Kalh get strong!  Though I admit that might just be something I'd like. Its a bit left field. 

Also, I'd add a small area in Kahl's camp, he will often occupy where he is in a boat, and you can go and fish with him and get new dialogue. Maybe once you reach max rank. Fishing is already in the game, and it can have different types of fish, included Infested that Daughter shipped over. Let Kahl fish with his friends. Maybe sometimes the Business is there too. Then also when you visit Daughter at Deimos, there should be a decoration near her wall of stuff Kahl sent her. Like fish stuff, since he knows she likes fish stuff, and poetry. Since Khal is basically just Charr when you think about it, and they are both in love with blue girls who are very long lived and a part of the elite.  Give then new lines reflecting this. The gift sharing I mean, the are great as just friends too. 

• Like 2

vor 40 Minuten schrieb S074:

I enjoyed the idea back when it was out, but DE made me hate it.

I thought they were going to add new missions, potentially add new characters to select, especially if we consider that Kahl is customizable.

Looking back it's been the worst grind ever introduced, at least for me. Extremely repetitive and with barely enough points to grab a BASE archon shard and some breadcrumbs to slowly pile up for the other rewards.

that was a failure if criticism in the forum represents the majority of players. so it doesn't make any profit for the company.

and since it's solo stuff, you have to look at the competition. because other companies produce first-class solo content with breathtaking graphics, story, sound and gameplay. khal, new war quest or whatever can never keep up with that...