Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Psa: Coming Archwing Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

Most of the updates sound great! The archwing stats not using base warframe stats is a bit of a double edged sword, will have to see how it goes.

Just wanted to double check as I'm probably reading it wrong but:

Archwing Interception Rewards

Interception Rewards are now exclusively Archwing Mods, no other mods are presented in the Reward Table. 

No mods other than archwing mods for rewards, but no other changes = good...

no rewards other than augs, at all= not good, if elytron is now not available (not that I can get past wave 4 anyways)

I'll reserve my judgement about the seperation of Warframe from Archwing until I see if my new stats are better or worse, but my gut feeling is they won't be. As I said earlier right now with Zephyr loaded on my Archwing I have 1621 shields and 1345 health and as most who have played in the higher tier it's all bout speed and survivability so if the stats are going to be lower it will just make Archwing for most people not fun anymore, because getting killed repeatedly is not my idea of fun:) 

This really isn't what many of us wanted.  We wanted other frames to be viable because they gave other advantages other than the advantages the tankier frames provided.  Just tossing out the whole idea of what frame you are using effecting archwing play is not the right move.  It comes off as the lazy way out. 

Feel free to leave a reference link within your comment that points to feedback you've provided that outlines what it is you wanted so we can try to keep changes within an acceptable spectrum.

Edited by DERebecca

so if frames don't carry anything over to archwing stuff than... is DE falling back completely from their original idea of your frame changing the way your archwing works? Are there any plans to make your frame do Anything for your archwing?

And, perhaps the biggest  change of all:

Warframe Stats and Mods no longer carry over onto Archwing performance.

All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).

What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

Stay tuned for more details tomorrow, and we will update this with any major changes should they occur. We mostly wanted to give you a heads up on what you can expect in the ‘Archwing Improvements’ department!

^ should have done this first time ^

All Archwings now have different base Health/Shield/Armor stats that can be modded (with the newly buffed mods).

What this generally will change is the ‘Rhino or XYZ is the only Viable frame’ statements.

I hope you just forgot to mention base movement speed, cause if that's not also excluded then all this really did was just make Loki the new king of Archwing.

Thank you so much!!!!

I hope you just forgot to mention base movement speed, cause if that's not also excluded then all this really did was just make Loki the new king of Archwing.

SSHHHhhh.... my main is Loki..

Edited by D0ubleFE

Hell yeah!

for the innate vaccum thing, will there be an option to turn it off. since some of us love not using carrier, and enjoy the current pickup system in archwing, call me an machonist. but this change i personal dont want, i can see why others will like it. just would like an option to turn off that change if its possible soon.

What I'm looking forward to is how all these people excited that Warframes no longer effect Archwings will be back tomorrow crying because they are getting blasted out of the sky because they are slower and weaker, I really hope that is not the case but I don't think Archwings will be as durable as they are now.

Feel free to leave a reference link within your comment that points to feedback you've provided that outlines what it is you wanted so we can keep changes within an acceptable spectrum.

I did a quick search and found some posts dealing with what I mentioned, maybe not the best examples but definitely not the only ones.  Some of these posts are quite old and the discussions have died off as other things have come up that have taken the attention away like the update that shall not be named, syndicate rep and the like. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/355966-archwing-feedback-subability-based-on-warframe-used/?hl=%2Barchwing+%2Brhino+%2Bother+%2Bframes

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/352783-how-to-make-fast-but-fragile-frames-viable-in-archwing-missions/?hl=%2Barchwing+%2Brhino+%2Bother+%2Bframes

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/347939-revision-of-the-archwing-system/?hl=%2Barchwing+%2Brhino+%2Bother+%2Bframes

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/343024-archwing-warframe-choices/?hl=%2Barchwing+%2Brhino+%2Bother+%2Bframes

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/346165-regarding-archwings-and-the-warframes-you-use-with-them/#entry3868005

And some that I posted in, talking about alternatives to just giving archwings their own Health/shields etc, though it may not have been the main focus of the thread. 

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/330579-archwing-should-not-use-warframe-hp-energy-and-armor-stats/?hl=%2Bclockworkspectre+%2Barchwing#entry3726178

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/338839-are-you-still-hyped-about-archwings/page-3?hl=%2Bclockworkspectre+%2Barchwing#entry3791573

Some of the topics were not solely about frame choice in archwing, and some thread talked about doing what you said is happening.  Some of the concerns included loosing any sort of reason to choose one frame over another if the frames did not effect archwing at all.  Its not just about people only picking tanky frames. 

Edit:  From a post in this thread further down.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/362776-psa-coming-archwing-changes/page-4#entry4025768

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

This really isn't what many of us wanted.  We wanted other frames to be viable because they gave other advantages other than the advantages the tankier frames provided.  Just tossing out the whole idea of what frame you are using effecting archwing play is not the right move.  It comes off as the lazy way out. 

Have to disagree with you here, seems to me it opens more opportunities for ground/space archwing missions. This way they can link every mission type currently in game and have archwing attached to it.

Say you have a stealth/rescue type mission you may want a Loki or Ash and not a min/maxed Tank frame designed for Archwing  potentially putting hostage at risk of assassination from alarm.  If the Archwing is seperate i can start ground portion with any frame i find fun to play, when it transitions to space i don't have to fear my mission fail because i started with caster/light/mobile frame instead of brick wall.

Tenno,

Archwing will be receiving some changes in the next major update (likely tomorrow on PC). This post will give a general outline of what you can expect tomorrow, as well as the fundamental takeaway that we aren’t done changing, tweaking, and forever adjusting things to better fit a fun Archwing experience!

Dual Decurion Buff

The latest Archwing Reinforcement will be receiving boosts on stats for damage and clip size.

The weapon now fires as Automatic instead of semi-Automatic.

Innate Vacuum for Loot pickup

All players will now experience a default radial ‘Vacuum’ effect for loot making pick-ups easier to grab and improve the general flow of movement.

Archwing Interception Rewards

Interception Rewards are now exclusively Archwing Mods, no other mods are presented in the Reward Table.    

Stunlock Reduced

Overall stunlock intensity reduced in combat.

Buffed Mods

Critical Chance Mods for Melee and Rifle have both been buffed.

Health/Shield/Armor Mods have been buffed.

All of these are beautiful good news! Thanks a lot.

@ClockWorkSpectre In one of those comments Adun mentions he uses Excalibur because he looks cool, which to my way of thinking in a game mode that's all about survivability, that's just a impractical reason to use a Warframe with Archwing, I just hope he looks just as cool drifting in space after being pummeled. Unless these new buff to the mods make the Archwings as good or better then it pretty much is mote point what Warframe you use since none of the abilities nor mods will apply.

hm, you dont mention the out of mission forced extraction thing.

you dont mention the rail gun's horrid, selective aim at all, either.

lets hope that the archwing shield, hp and energy mods are sufficiently buffed to have us not dread the frame stat loss.

also, lets hope you give the dual shot ones a look, too. +30% is a bit meh.

other than that, nice and welcome changes on all of those.

the dual decurions were why i put a turbo function on my mouse. i shouldnt need a turbo function on my mouse. this is a good change there.

(im)patiently waiting for the update. tomorrow, you say? hmm. better a stable but a bit late than a rushed release on time.

While I am glad to hear about most of these changes, 

I think that it is sad that warframe mods and stats no longer carry over - indeed, now the choice of Warframe used will be purely cosmetic (maybe it would be best to have the smallest frame possible to have the smallest hitbox?). While I can see the advantages of this approach - at least it dethrones the Rhino Prime Primacy, I actually would have preferred going the other way - allowing MORE Warframe mods and characteristics to be relevant - maybe introduce frame specific passives exclusive to Archwing. 

As it stands, especially with so few Archwing mods, there will not much in the way of diversity of builds and gameplay. This diversity of approaches is something I really value about WF.

On a final note - though i am glad to hear that Dual Decurion will be getting a buff, I must say that I prefer them as fast semi auto hand cannons than full auto guns. I grant that the new version probably fits the description of them in game though.

While I am glad to hear about most of these changes, 

I think that it is sad that warframe mods and stats no longer carry over - indeed, now the choice of Warframe used will be purely cosmetic (maybe it would be best to have the smallest frame possible to have the smallest hitbox?). While I can see the advantages of this approach - at least it dethrones the Rhino Prime Primacy, I actually would have preferred going the other way - allowing MORE Warframe mods and characteristics to be relevant - maybe introduce frame specific passives exclusive to Archwing. 

As it stands, especially with so few Archwing mods, there will not much in the way of diversity of builds and gameplay. This diversity of approaches is something I really value about WF.

I am glad I am not the only one speaking up on this.  

Having your warframe effect archwing play adds flavor to archwing, but it also allows for more varied builds (maybe not so much variety YET, but maybe later).

Passives and some bleed over of warframe stats would be much better than just leaving all archwing stats to the archwing chosen.  

Edited by ClockworkSpectre

Having your warframe effect archwing play adds flavor to archwing, but it also allows for more varied builds(maybe not so much variet YET, but maybe later)

Yes and those builds are:

Pick Rhino

Pick Volt

Pick Saryn

And assuming we're allowed to use frame passives later (such as run speed and armor and stamina) then the builds become:

Pick Rhino

Pick Valkyr

Pick Saryn

So nah.

This is the best solution at the moment.

Edited by Kruglov