Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Latest Information On Greedy Pull

DE_Adam

What if Greedy Pull only pulled items a percentage of their distance from Mag, relative to her Power Strength score, and could not be pulled again for a time that is inversely proportional to the Mag's Power Duration statistic, such that the higher her Duration score the lower the "cool down" for an object to become again susceptible to Greedy Pull?

In this way, Efficiency-focused builds, which likely are using Fleeting Expertise, would increase the "cool down" through the Power Duration penalty, and Range-focused builds, which are likely using Overextended, would decrease their distance-per-Greedy Pull through the Power Strength penalty.

Edited by (PS4)Hooligantuan

you guys will do it in greed pull, but the limbo that is most annoying about it, which can demonize the lives of others more, will leave it the same way? the guys that will zoera straight to limbo after that.

While I'm not a fan of greedy Mags, I'm even less in favor of this nerf.

While it may seem like it solves the issue(s), there is still plenty to think about, for instance, mag with greedy pull was one of the few ways to restore a static mesa's energy, though it required team, at least a little bit. Making greedy pull only work on mag's drops is, as I see it, a way to limit the teamplay with mag.

I do not, however, have any other solution for the problem, but I still feel this is uncalled for.

Aaaand... mag is swiftly relegated to trash tier again as soon as this is implemented, never to be used again by most players.

GG

Edit: Devs, do you guys actually play your own game?  I mean actually play it without dev cheats on.  Starting out as a lowly rank zero, earning your mods and upgrades in PvE the way regular players do, etc?  [DE]Glen did, DERebecca did.  I know Glen did it without getting free carries from high end players all the time, and he's a pretty good player of the game that he works on.  Maaaaaybe you others should try the same to get a realistic handle on what it's like?  I think most of you devs seem... a little out of touch.  Just letting you know what people are saying outside of the game, and the impression a lot of your choices give.  I get to hear this quite a bit from players who left the game.

Glen is good enough and has enough of a grasp of the game that he GETS ONTO THE LEADERBOARDS through legit play.  He's also notable for making gameplay changes that the vast majority of players like or are at least neutral about.

Why aren't more of the devs playing their own game?

DE why not make changes in a reasonable fashion, make smaller changes, maybe get some feedback and re-iterate again?

DE devs why are you making such extreme changes all the time!? This mag rework as it's planned, will move Pull from the most favorable of the skills to the least favorable in terms of team play. And yet another extreme change, by Digital Extremes... 

Why not go back to the planning board and try to come up with a nerf that doesnt completely ruin Greedy Mag? There were a couple of suggestions by players that were OK.

The best suggestion I've read till now was to give G-Pull a cone shaped area of effect instead of spherical.

...you really believe that Mesa+Gmag was the only viable tactic on Draco?

Haha, say hello to reworked Frosts, Saryns and other nukers we used long before, also, Trinity with EV is coming back...

Mag is going back to the dumpster once again, I could understand not grabbing energy for entire team (and that would pretty much be the solution) as health and ammo are viable for other tactics than Draco camping, but well, imho, you went overboard with the nerf.

Farewell Mag, you are going to be completely useless once again.

Yeah, just give them a Christmas list why don't you? 

"The devs couldn't possibly nerf everything now coul- oh S#&$." 

Hardly. People will just replace Mag with Trinity. Frost will Snowglobe the Mesa, Mesa will switch off Peacemaker, Trinity will EV an enemy and kill it to instantly kick Mesa's energy back to full, Mesa will switch Peacemaker back on and continue the slaughter. All of this can be done in about 5 seconds or less.

This will not solve the Draco issue at all.

Correct. Too correct.

All ppl are going to do is basically find another way to make is easier to farm Draco or any other farming place. This will stop nothing, really. But im wondering as to how this is going to affect some Syndicate missions in where they use Gmag to get medallions that are hard to reach. Hmm, i wonder.

When does over half the community ever react positively to a nerf?

When that more-than-half doesnt have strun wraith no longer gets kill stealed (nova?)

And draco farming is possible without mag-fueled 4-spamming so ppl will prob just adapt/ find another optimal farming method so i believe the fallout wont be that bad this time

Hardly. People will just replace Mag with Trinity. Frost will Snowglobe the Mesa, Mesa will switch off Peacemaker, Trinity will EV an enemy and kill it to instantly kick Mesa's energy back to full, Mesa will switch Peacemaker back on and continue the slaughter. All of this can be done in about 5 seconds or less.

nah, too troublesome, that's starcraft level microing

Limbo

People would still be using Limbo/ Mesa if it still worked

Edited by jwya

Greedy Pull will still be statcrepe and remove LoS Checks on Enemies

Pull is LoS constrained in the first place because it needed to be. why should an Augment remove LoS Checks on Enemies?

that's just a straight upgrade. even if the Mod literally did nothing else, removing LoS Checks on Enemies is still just a straight upgrade for the Warframe. direct stat increase.

there isn't even any tradeoff, like, removing LoS Checks on Enemies but reducing the Range of the Ability by 50% in total (0.5x Multiplier for final Range).

no, just a direct stat upgrade.

that's just as big a problem as collecting l00t. infinite CC on all Enemies on the map. i mean, seriously? collecting Energy for someone to AFK is only half of it, the other half of the time, the Mag does it all herself, because with LoS Checks removed on Enemies, can stunlock all Enemies in their Spawn Rooms until they die.

Magnetic Damage taking a while to Kill? that's fine, just spam it some more.

Pull is LoS constrained in the first place because it needed to be. why should an Augment remove LoS Checks on Enemies?

that's just a straight upgrade. even if the Mod literally did nothing else, removing LoS Checks on Enemies is still just a straight upgrade for the Warframe. direct stat increase.

there isn't even any tradeoff, like, removing LoS Checks on Enemies but reducing the Range of the Ability by 50% in total (0.5x Multiplier for final Range).

no, just a direct stat upgrade.

that's just as big a problem as collecting l00t. infinite CC on all Enemies on the map. i mean, seriously? collecting Energy for someone to AFK is only half of it, the other half of the time, the Mag does it all herself, because with LoS Checks removed on Enemies, can stunlock all Enemies in their Spawn Rooms until they die.

Magnetic Damage taking a while to Kill? that's fine, just spam it some more.

All of this. Changing the way the item pull works to break undesirable synergies is good and all, but it is still a phenomenally strong CC power, and removing Greedy Pull's ability to lift Pull's LOS restrictions is still a necessity.

this skill is getting nerfed because most nabs cry because of draco and they fail to realise that mag isn`t the issue, it`s just the mechanic of the map... this reminds me about the first time they added syndicates where we were spaming Xini (i think thats the name of the map, i may be mistaken since it was some time ago and the name is not that important anyway) and DE started nerfing frames, forum felt the storm and then they just changed the map.

As a sort-of-compensation, can Shield Transference be buffed to extend to allies as well as the casting Mag?

To anyone complaining that Mag is useless, a good Mag can easily outdamage a Mesa. She is extremely powerful, and definitely not useless, if the player in question is actually capable of using her.

That would be really good, Polorize mag is actually really good if you play her right, but shield transference should be a team thing.