Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

TennoCon Non-attendee pack?

(PSN)DrTungg

Who else thinks its a shame there is no non-attendee pack.

I for one cannot travel and would love to be able to get said awesome swag?

if tennocon carries over to 2017 will de be offering a non attendee package?

thoughts opinions?

Yep. It'll cost 500 plat ingame. You'll get a message ingame that says "Git Gud" and gives you 501 plat back.

I love fashion frame as well, but it's DE's way of giving back to those that bothered to fly all the way to London for Warframe. I'd rather them have a +100% Credits or Affinity weekend as a general "Thanks".

3 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

i am a 2hr drive away and cannot be bothered. i do not like being around a lot of people as i generally get irritated. but again, i would like to have the swag.

I just don't have a ride from Markham to London. :/

I say no, a non-attendee pack shouldn't be made available. DE hasn't done so with previous events, and the digital swag is a special "thank you" to those who made the effort to come and visit.

The date was also made public well over two months in advance to give people ample time to schedule a trip accordingly.

Its not even about having plans or work or family or health - its the distance and cost - i would have to reserve a minimum of 4 days, around 1.5k $( bus, plane hotel, food). it's  6780 km from here and shortest flight is 16h.

For a local con, aimed at people in the same state (province?) As the con - yes, it makes sense to not offer digital passed.

But, we are talking global scale here.  Totally different when it's people from the other side of the planet.  Digital swag makes sense when we are working with this scale.

59 minutes ago, Lord_Impaler said:

Letter13 you have an appropriate avatar. i am assuming that is a sunika kubrow biting its victims necks until they bleed out :)

No, @Letter13 is a breed called DogeBombard. Which has an Ogris strapped to his back.

Blizzcon does it well. Digital and physical swag for those that attend. Digital swag for those that bought a stream ticket to watch, because life. But whatever DE wants to do, Its not really unfair to get elusive gifts for right time, right place.  But Letter13, just because thats how they've always done it before is a poor argument as to why they couldn't possibly change it up and expand gifts in the future.

2 minutes ago, Firetempest said:

Blizzcon does it well. Digital and physical swag for those that attend. Digital swag for those that bought a stream ticket to watch, because life. But whatever DE wants to do, Its not really unfair to get elusive gifts for right time, right place.  But Letter13, just because thats how they've always done it before is a poor argument as to why they couldn't possibly change it up and expand gifts in the future.

Firetempest FTW !!!

I dont think they should give exclusive stuff to people who dont go, and I am one of those that are pretty miffed I cant get the stuff. I wish there was something in the UK I could go to instead.

Even then, most people with a full time job and familys find it hard to justify the expenditure to travel anywhere more than a couple of hours away for something like this, so you would have to be a pretty big fan to make that sort of effort. So I say, let them keep the exclusive swag to themselves - they deserve it.

I have one friend who flys all the way to attend Dragoncon every year, its a shame I cant get him into Warframe..

1 hour ago, Letter13 said:

the digital swag is a special "thank you" to those who made the effort to come and visit.

It's also a bit of a 'tough crap' for those would be wiling to attend and pay for a ticket, but cannot justify spending XYZ just to come to Canada from wherever they are.

Yeah, I disagree with your reasoning here.

Edited by Naith

People buying tickets and not showing up don't make for successful conventions.  People actually attending do that.

Assuming DE wants Tennocon to become a yearly thing, they need people to actually show up.  Providing a motivator for that is perfectly reasonable.

Edited by Phatose