Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Stalker is Teshin and here's why - A theory with many a possible spoiler. Read at your own risk.

ObviousLee

1 minute ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Those that suffer severe trauma and mental breakdown often claim to hear voices. It does not mean there is some boogyman that is behind them all. The Tenno were lost on the Zariman for over a hundred years, trapped in the void and twisted by its energies. Its going to break a few neurodes in the brain box.

Right.  You are reinforcing the concept of possibility.  It's foreshadowing, most likely, right?  

The snippet was placed for a reason.

1.  Could just be boring, non-descript "voices" (not likely)

2.  Could be the voices of the infested...you know like the ones that talk in plural "we" as a collective intelligence and infected Jordas?

3.  Multiple personalities that could lead to something like Stalker being created?

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Right.  You are reinforcing the concept of possibility.  It's foreshadowing, most likely, right?  

The snippet was placed for a reason.

1.  Could just be boring, non-descript "voices" (not likely)

2.  Could be the voices of the infested...you know like the ones that talk in plural "we" as a collective intelligence and infected Jordas?

3.  Multiple personalities that could lead to something like Stalker being created?

No, I'm explaining why your snippet of proof holds no water. The snippet was placed to tell the story that we had already seen about the trauma and insanity they faced. It reinforces the story of the Orokin wanting to destroy them due to seeing them as demon minded children with powers beyond their control. They were abnormal and thus dangerous. There is no foreshadowing going on. I also see that you specifically take the most plausible explanation and claim it is the least likely with nothing else to back it up.

Tenno are not infested, they are specifically immune to it. The Warframe is infested based technology that is incapable of being infested again or incorporated into the hive mind.

Last I checked multiple personality disorder didn't create a separate time-traveling physical being bent on my destruction.

You are taking an outcome you have decided is true and then making the puzzle fit. You should instead take the pieces and put the puzzle together with no goal in mind other than logic.

Edited by NeithanDiniem

9 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

No, I'm explaining why your snippet of proof holds no water. The snippet was placed to tell the story that we had already seen about the trauma and insanity they faced. It reinforces the story of the Orokin wanting to destroy them due to seeing them as demon minded children with powers beyond their control. They were abnormal and thus dangerous. There is no foreshadowing going on. I also see that you specifically take the most plausible explanation and claim it is the least likely with nothing else to back it up.

Tenno are not infested, they are specifically immune to it. The Warframe is infested based technology that is incapable of being infested again or incorporated into the hive mind.

Last I checked multiple personality disorder didn't create a separate time-traveling physical being bent on my destruction.

You are taking an outcome you have decided is true and then making the puzzle fit. You should instead take the pieces and put the puzzle together with no goal in mind other than logic.

Never said it was true...hence possibility.  I haven't decided anything. I think it would be more interesting is all.  I'm not trying to get it right and disprove or invalidate anyone else.

And calling it out due to implausibility...We are super-hero, space Ninja, Sleeping Beauty Immortal Tweenies charged with other-dimensional energies that ignore the laws of science in our Universe...but we saw that coming, right?  (Ummm...no)

You better be ready for a possibility you didn't see coming that isn't so straightforward.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

You better be ready for a possibility you didn't see coming that isn't so straightforward.

That is why we make theories like this one, like other ones that go on almost nightly in Discord between myself and ObviousLee and others. However all the theory crafting we have done is based on solid evidence in the game. If it doesn't have enough weight behind it or hold up to scrutiny, its pushed aside as an unlikely option that can be returned to or pieced apart as a different theory is considered or tried by fire.

If your idea had references supporting it in more places in the game, Id consider it more plausible. If you are serious about it, weigh it yourself against the lore of the game (there is a lot to go through once you start looking for it) and find what supports it and what contradicts it.

4 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

That is why we make theories like this one, like other ones that go on almost nightly in Discord between myself and ObviousLee and others. However all the theory crafting we have done is based on solid evidence in the game. If it doesn't have enough weight behind it or hold up to scrutiny, its pushed aside as an unlikely option that can be returned to or pieced apart as a different theory is considered or tried by fire.

If your idea had references supporting it in more places in the game, Id consider it more plausible. If you are serious about it, weigh it yourself against the lore of the game (there is a lot to go through once you start looking for it) and find what supports it and what contradicts it.

Did you read the plot synopsis of the movie?

30 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Did you read the plot synopsis of the movie?

Yes and I still say that it holds no water here with only that one line in-game as proof. A solid theory requires support in other places in the game or when introduced it doesn't fit. If you were somehow correct and DE added that as the truth then there would be nothing else in the game pointing at that as having been part of the plan, and thus it would not feel as a part of the game and instead be an abnormal extension, grafted on.

At the end of the Orikin's Zero Era, some thing happen in their Empire, some thing horrific that the Tennos had to taken up in arms against the Orokins.

Stalker is a relic of the past, of that time when the Reign of something horrendous. Stalker had been even more corrupted through Sentenient Honhow.

That my take on this aweful choice Stalker has taken, Tenshin might be a double.

A few ideas that I thought of reading your post:

For starters, the orokin structure that Tesshin draws his nikana on us is inferred to be the Twin Queens. Yes, they are the Grineers leader however they are not Grineer. From the codex entry for the hidden statues you can see they are indeed orokin. Renowned for their actions during the war but twisted and disgusting to look at. In fact, they were almost executed for being so hideous. The grineer, seing how ruthless they are decided to appoint them their queens even though they are not grineer. From the first war within trailer you hear two voices. One that is twisted and crackly. The other sounds that of a child. Both are female seen in the same tileset as the second trailer for the War Within. When th camera tries to move towards the voices, two grineer vanguard appear.You can tell they're grineer by their bodyshape and lack of elegance. Now to your stalker theory. There are a few reasons why i think it isn't him. In the second dream, after the stalker finds you recovering your operator, he suddenly looks at his hand and a few seconds later, the operator does the same. Also the final words that hunhow says. "You hate yourself" or "Are you one of them?" now that only solidifys that the stalker is indeed something that resembles a Tenno and uses transference hence the reason why he can use warframe powers and nullify them. However, look at Tesshin. He is driven by the honor of the sword (something derived from the Japanese Samurai) also, why would he prepare the tenno to fight the sentients if he was planning to be allied witht them when they retuened to the origin system? Yes, Tesshin was there when Hunhows tomb was opened but so was stalker. You said it yourself. How does the stalker traces us? How does he know where we are? Tesshin was at the opening of the tomb to confirm his theory that the sentients have returned. Also, if he does indeed have ties with the twin queens he can alert them to the arrival of a old enemy. Stalkers lore is too gray for me to really assume "who" he is. Yes he was driven mad and he wants blood for blood. Tesshin trains us to strengthen ourselves against ourselves and the old enemy. I really dont see why he would betray the orokin and the tenno by joining the sentients as stalker. Lastly Tesshins general appearence. If anything i believe he resembles baro kiteer skin tone wise and outfit wise. From the sands of inaros we learned that Baro Kiteer was from a tribe that worshipped one of the warframes on phobos. Before we try to decide who Tesshin is we must first ask who he was before the fall. Where was he from. What was his mission? Why is he helping us so much? It makes no sense for him to make us stronger only to kill us in the end. Because in the days of the orokin, the warframes were the only ones who could successfully kill the sentients. So, if he killed all the tenno, who would stop the sentients from taking over the origin system? The orokin? theyre dead. The grineer and corpus? Please. They're the reminents of the empire who could'nt defeat hem at their full power. Wouldnt that be defeating Tesshins whole purpose as an Orokin? Letting the Sentients take over everything. Okay rant over

Now to who I think Tesshin is and what he is up to...I'm putting my money on the resurfacing of an old "ally" one that created the Tenno and was originally the sentients opponent...The empire rises again... 

(Sorry for bad grammar I am in class so can not really pay attention to the little things)

On 7/30/2016 at 6:55 AM, ObviousLee said:

Ok folks. this is going to be a LOT to take in, as it's gonna be long, and a lot of things looping back to one another. I will do my absolute best to explain what I've found by reading through the lore, watching the second dream repeatedly, and cross checking the codex, with pure canonical view. no personal thoughts or opinions, just what the game itself has presented as a whole.

First, Why is the stalker Teshin? Conclave guy? Not possible. 

But it is. And the evidence is glaring if you are looking at everything DE has presented as intended, and that includes behaviour of characters, in and out of battle. So, let us look in depth at the stalker, what he does functionally, and in regards to who he attacks.

The stalker attacks tenno for their crimes against the Orokin, and killing of Grineer and Corpus figureheads, the Corpus being Orokin themselves. Again, the Stalker attacks warframes visciously, as in where he has a massive situational advantage against his singular target due to blitz tactics and shutting down their ability to defend themsleves.. He has been a relatively low threat to heavily armed and powerful warframes, if ever, until he was empowered by Hunhow. Then, he became a major league threat to all warframes, as his defenses were heavily augmented with Sentient tech as well as Hunhow's presence itself(remember, his consciousness is linked to all of his fragments. Source: Lotus lines from the second dream). Now, Why did he usually attack Tenno? Why was he a threat  Tenno, and also, why so many abilities unlike the Tenno's few per warframe? The answer lies in his codex entry:  

"Some have walked these desolate worlds while you slept. Some like me. I remember what you did. I remember the day.

The Tenno appeared at the Terminus, gleaming and victorious. Our cold and gold Emperors, breathless, bathed you in savior's silk. Then came the sound. Across all our worlds, all at once, the ceremonial Naga drums. A royal salute to the honored Tenno. Ten solemn beats to declare the suffering was over. I watched from a distance, with the rest of the low Guardians. With each beat terror began to crush my throat. The Tenno were not stoic and silent, They were waiting. They were poised. I tried to call out but only a strangled whisper escaped.

When the ninth beat rang a torrent of blood filled the stadium, loosed by Tenno blades. The drums, the Empire, fell silent forever.

Now I hunt, dividing your numbers. Watching from that dark place, cataloging your sins, I am the ghost of retribution. You may forget but you are not innocent."
http://imgur.com/a/ozUXy#3

Notice how the L in low, is not capitalized yet, the G in guardians is. If the class of the Guardian were low, then it would be Low Guardian. As it stands, it's most likely a point of view, and I shall explain it.

If we look at a Tenno's warframe, we know that it has four abilities max, and works on a "input void energy, produce desired result consistantly" type of system similar to say fueling your car. You know putting gas in it and then turning on the engine, popping it in to gear and then pressing the gas pedal is going to have a specific, often reliable result. The same principle applies here. Now, If you look at the Stalkers ability pool, it's much large ( See:http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Stalker for details) but again as he only targets weak prey, his ability strength is much, much weaker (level scaling does not apply to lore). So right here, we see a massive difference between the Stalker, and the Tenno. Tenno have warframes with immense power, but few abilities. Stalker has more abilities, and yet is weaker in his powers. What this means, is those weaker abilities are compensated by more adaptability and versatility. Now, lets look at the head that Stalker presented to Hunhow. It was that of a Loki. Literally the easiest prey to corner as the Stalker, due to it relying on it's abilities entirely for defense, which the stalker can simply dispel. None of this, is accidental. DE has an established habit of putting the facts out there and making them so obscure you only really see them in hindsight. The way the stalker behaves, his particular targets of choice, which is always when he has the advantage(again, lore wise, not scaling) and all his abilities are less powerful than the Tenno versions, however he has access to more than we do, as do the Acolytes.

Now in the Stalker codex entry above, I've mentioned the importance of the capitalization. Here is where it becomes important.

In The Second Dream, a few interesting pieces of information come up. You get these shadow conversations that give you crucial hints into the past events that led us to where we are now. In sequence:

1:Ballas "What they need Margulis, is to be destroyed. They're devils, from that hell. Not Human anymore." Margulis "No Ballas, no more destruction. We could heal them. Maybe they're meant to save us." Ballas "How can you defend these devils Margulis, after what they've done to you?" Margulis "Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind. They won't hurt anyone, I just need more time." Ballas "Hush, my wilted love. I cannot protect you. Tomorrow, you mus renounce before the Seven."

1-1 This conversation is between Ballas and Margulis during the sentient war, after the return if the Zeriman ship from the Void.

2: Margulis says "This will stop the voices from taking hold, you will have to dream, my angel."

2-2 Margulis is speaking to a child from the Zeriman, who is being plagued by voices in their head from void exposure.

3: "So shame on you! You Orokin, so perfect on the outside, but you're rotted! Through and through!" 

3-3 Margulis berating the Seven Executors.

4: "Seven hands raised. For your apostasy,the sentence is...death. Margulis...Why?"

4-4 Ballas speaking directly to Margulis after handing down the judment.

5: Presently unknown person "....it's about the rejects we consigned to Lua a few years ago. They're calling it....Transference."  Ballas " ....I know we're desperate, Executor, but these aren't Dax soldiers. These are golems, possessed by devil minds."

5-5 Conversation between an unknown person and Ballas regarding the WarFrame project that had been carried on after Margulis had been executed.

By now, you're wondering how this ties Teshin to being the Stalker. I'm getting to that, I promise, but all of the details that link Teshin to being the Stalker need to be completely fleshed out.

Now, The Stalker has been hunting us for a while, with absolutely no remorse. Never once does he ever hesitate, save for the moment you are in the Reservoir. He gave pause when he could have struck the operator dead, then and there. Hunhow told him his hatred was too weak, but Hunhows was strong. Stalker then vanishes, and you and your allegedly dying(6) operator head back to the Orbiter. Lotus tells you that she doesn't know mhow much time you have, giving a strong hint that if you don't do as she says, you will die. The Stalker shows up again, trying to impede you. Eventually, he has you on the ground, and rams his sword through your Frame.

As he's about to grab you by the throat, Hunhow says "i know what you're thinking. you're wondering, was i ever one of these wretched things? you know the answer.....You hate them. You hate yourself." 

This line, along with the Lotus informing the Operator prior to them rescuing their main body, that the secret of the Reservoir had driven the stalker mad. This Secret, which was so important that the Lotus hid an entire celestial body in the void and then implanted false information that it had been destroyed. This is, simply put, massive in scope of power and ability and is more than willing to use it to protect the Tenno. Meaning, that if she's willing to hide a moon, there really isn't much she's not going to do to protect them as best she can.(which is important for later)

Now, we look finally before the real meat and potatoes, at the act of the betrayal, and it's results. While the Guardians watched, Stalker referes to him and others as low Guardians. the low isn't a rank, as so much as it is a reflection of self in comparison to the Tenno. Guardians again, display less power and abilities compared to the Tenno. They don't bullet jump, they don't wall run, they aren't entirely physically terrifying, unless using their abundant powers. So, entire stadium filled with Tenno and Guardians watching, The Tenno are bathed in saviors silk. This detail is important, as it demonstrates the immense weight of the act. The Orokin are extraordinarily vain. They were ready to have the children destroyed just because their power wasn't able to be immediately subdued, but were stopped by Margulis. So, The Guardians, outnumbered vastly by the Tenno are far away because what do they need to protect the Orokin for presently, when the saviors are here. Saviors that have abilities that greatly surpass the Guardians, that saved the Orokin that the Guardians love so mu....oh....oh wait....oh darn....yup...yup they're killing them. We, the Tenno of the Zeriman ship, the first, slaughtered those who had tormented, used, and abused us. We killed every last one, including those handful that knew of the Warframe program in detail. It's not difficult to surmise that the Lotus along with the Tenno destroyed the majority of the Warframe programs information, as she's the most powerful hacker in the system asiide from Hunhow.

So, let's assemble the current facts presented by the game. We have an entity, that is a Guardian with limited damage powe, but greater power variety in comparison to the Tenno, who is effectively cut from the same cloth as the Tenno. The musings of Hunhow, and the Stalkers reaction to discovering the secret behind the Reservoir, his ability to even use a warframe which is requires one to be exposed to the void's energies. Now, that does not mean that the Stalker is a Tenno. The fact that he refers to himself, and others, as Guardians in which he, and presumably the Acolytes who follow him, have unique less powerful versions of mass-produced battle tuned warframes with greater range of powers. The stalker met up with Hunh.....

Oh wait. How did the stalker know where to find Hunhow, or that he'd even be in the mood to talk?

This, is where evidence begins to point to Teshin.

Who all was "present" for the cracking of Hunhow's tomb? There was the Operator, there was the Lotus, and there was Teshin. Only ones who knew about it. Period. 

What does this mean? It means that the only way the Stalker could know Hunhow's location, were if he'd been made privy to it's location. In that last survival mission, that drill fo Tyl's is just, hammering away at that tomb like it's making bank, while Teshin is pleading with Tyl to not open the tomb, as he knows not what he's meddling with. In response, Tyl pretty much sticks his tongue out and goes oh, you don't want me to do this? That means i really need to do this! 

So, the end result in this mission is Hunhow being awakened, as he'd been sleeping in his tomb until it was opened. Tyl runs off like any sane person would, and for a while thats the last we hear about Hunhow, until the second dream.

Now, lets look at Teshin diirectly. He's the master of the conclave, he teaches and observes tenno combat, helping them hone their skills to fight the returning Sentients that he forsaw in his arrival, which was when we first got the pvp rework. Read his quotes very carefully, with the information That is present within this post.

"We were led astray. We forgot the Conclave, so when that new evil came, we were not prepared. This is how we failed the Orokin. You went into stasis, but not me. I searched the long path for redemption, for the kind of balance only The Conclave can create. Now I return, only to find the Tenno still herded like livestock. Horrors from beyond the Outer Terminus are coming. You must prepare. You must accept The Conclave. Let it be your teacher and I its humble guide. For true balance can only be found in the face of the ultimate enemy. Yourself."
Remember that stalker codex way up there? where he says "Some have walked these desolate worlds while you slept. Some like me". Teshin predicted the return of an evil he was well aware of, but the Tenno had become ignorant to due to being in the second dream. 

"The Lotus seduced the Tenno. Led them on a complacent path like oxen. I failed the Orokin but I will preserve their legacy. The Tenno. Now is the time for action. Cast off your harness and become a pupil of The Conclave. Through trial combat, I will prepare you for the evils beyond the Outer Terminus. A warrior only grows if they face the ultimate enemy. Themselves."
 In this entry, we see him mocking the Lotus, by comparing the path the Lotus sent them on against the Orokin. He also shows immense reverence to the Orokin in these entries, making it a poorly hidden fact that he held them in the highest esteem, despite what they did to the Tenno.

Now, we look to the newest trailer for The War Within. In it, we see a Nyx approaching a chamber that has the following, exceptionally important details.
1: It's Orokin tech. If you pause it and look carefully, the texture and design of that room, is identical to both your Liset/Orbiter, and any Clan Dojo. 
2: Glowing crimson sigils on the back wall. These sigils are the same color the Stalker has on his WarFrame armor.
3. The entire room is bathed in crimson and hues of black and grey, colors of the Stalker.
4: there is a Void pool identical to the one seen in the Reservoir.
5. Teshin, shaking his head in disappointment, says "You should not have come here. You've ruined us both!" and draws his Nikana.

For a short while, I've been wondering why Teshin would do that.Why would the master of the Conclave, a place where he observes and trains tenno in armed combat, sitting in a room that is very much Orokin tech and practically has "Stalker's vacation home" spraypainted on it, attack a nyx, saying they're both boned?
The answer, is so very, very simple. 
Teshin is the stalker. 
Why? How? Again, very simple. What better place to choose targets, than a place where they gather. What better secret identity, than a well known, well loved public figure who assists the masses? What better way to learn your targets weaknesses, than to train them yourself?
What Teshin stands to lose upon that scene - He disables the Warframe, but knows the Operator can still leak the secret to the Lotus. So, he makes an effort to silence you via cutting off your connection to your WarFrame, as shown later with the Operator walking on her own.

This means, the Operator doesn't need to be in their chair all the time. Teshin was located next to a void pool, which most likely will house an operator chair in it which sustains the operators. That being the case, that means that the Stalkers Operator, would be able to walk around for a period of time as well.
Now, Here's something else to take into account. Teshin is not always at the relay, as evidence of his presence in the Orokin tech room in the trailer. Since he's not a God and omnipresent, this means if he's not at the relay, he's physically somewhere else. 

If you add everything up, here is what you get: The Stalker used Tyl to crack open the tomb of Hunhow, so that he could meet with Hunhow and help him kill his most hated enemy, the Tenno.

"But Lee! all the children from the Zeriman are still children!" Yes, You would be too if you were kept in stasis for millenia and also aged at an excessively slow rate.
"But Lee! Teshin is old, all the void kids are still kids!" Teshin wasn't in stasis for millenia. Void kids were.
"But Lee! Teshin is a good guy trying to help us out!" Teshin is a very very intelligent, revenge driven psychopath. Comparison? Dexter Morgan.

Edit: To those saying the stalker was driven mad by the secret of the reservoir, yes, he was. a very long time ago. Did he know the location of the reservoir for tenno, well the answer is ObviousLee not. However, as we've discerned a functional difference between Guardians and Tenno, although they are created essentially the same way, served differing roles in where they may have been deployed, as well as housed. Remember, when the conversation between Ballas and the unknown person is going on, they're talking about the transference system and the kids from the Zeriman, who were consigned to Lua. A logical thinking empire, after discovering that children placed into the dream are easier to control and handle than the up an at'em children of the Zeriman were, would have sent in any further subjects(which they did as evidence by the Lotus stating as the Tenno numbers grew, they founded great schools) in a subdued dreaming state for essentially greater control and thus have an easier time of assigning roles and purpose. This means any future Guardian would not be aware of the fact that they were ever anything other than a Guardian, similar to how Tenno believe they are the WarFrame until they discover their physical body.

Now, about the Tomb. Tyl does indeed refer to Teshin as a Psuedo Tenno which I did indeed neglect to mention due to feeling like it would honestly distract from and therefore reduce the weight of the rest of the presented information. Howver, the reason i refer back to the Tomb is it kind of explains things about the stalker being driven mad. See, when we read driven mad, most probably imagine something akin to him falling to his knees screaming in intelligible rage or something along those lines. From personal life experience, I've seen madness, and although it takes on quite a few forms, they're all relatively similar along one core commonality, which is doing things that make absolutely no logical sense to the masses. Something like say, taking a moment to realize that even if the you found the betrayers, you'd not have the ability to do much against them save for the weaklings. You'd hunt them down regardless, but you're under-powered in comparison. So, how can I tip the odds in my favor? The Sentients.... I can bring back the greatest enemy the Tenno ever faced. And while they're caught amidst the strife, I will strike. But.....how can I do this.....How can I bring about their resurrection... So, I set a plan in motion. I walked, and learned, while you slept. I sharpened my skills, I sharpened my mind. The Grineer have grown competent,pliable enough if given the proper motivation to the proper person. Like the location of an ancient artifact I found about six hundred Tuesdays ago.that leads to a tomb. Since I can't get inside to see what is in there, and all signs point to it being sentient, and I need to get in there but don't have the means, but hey! Tyl does." This is essentially a plan set in motion to make contact with the one species that gave us a genuine run for our money for the sake of revenge.

These, are not actions i would deem a sane man or woman would make. At. All. So, if you consider this in tandem: The Count of Monte Cristo was driven absolutely insane with his thirst for vengeance over being falsely imprisoned and his life being destroyed. He forged an elaborate plan that was based on entirely obliterating everything that his enemies had, from their wealth to their social status to eventually their lives. He wanted them left with nothing, hollow husks of what they once were before he killed them. Again, not the actions, of a sane man.

Dexter Morgan, a sociopath with a psychotic homicidal urge that threatens to lead to him losing complete control of himself and going on a murder spree that can only be quelled by picking stalking hunting and killing his prey (typically other serial killers) and claiming a trophy to remember them by. The reason i mention Dexter here is because if the Stalker and Teshin are indeed one and the same, as i fully believe they are, then they have personality traits that are eerily similar. Both Dexter and Teshin are public figures who serve an important role within the story of which they exist as characters. Both are for the most part well liked, with minor differences of opinions based on who you talk to. some love Teshin/Dexter, some merely tolerate him, and some want to kill him if given the chance. Now i'm not saying TeshinxDexter or anything like that, but I am saying that iif you look at the Stalker and Teshin as one and the same, and you stand Dexter Morgan with his Dark Passenger next to Teshin and Stalker, well, seems like a mirror to me, psychologically speaking.

What about the Twin queens? couldn't they have made more Tenno and Guardians? No, they could not, and here is the short and simple of it: The Twins were considered abominations by the Orokin. There is no reason at all they would have been privy to anything as classified as Tenno and Guardian OPS or files. They were left to themselves, neglected and abandoned.
As to why nobody else could make new stalker type of frames, again everyone who had anything to do with Warframe tech is, and was, dead. we killed everyone that had to do with the project, as well as the royalty. On top of which Lotus, who again hid an entire celestial body(I literally cannot emphasize that enough, just consider the amount of mass just *pop* gone, and the power needed to make that happen. freaking mindboggling) as well as most likely did information control and destroyed any records available pertaining to the Warframe program. Remember, Lotus OPHACKSPLSNRF, which is game lore, with her only peer being fellow Sentients, or Hunhow himself.

Also from DiosGX
Stalker drops a Nikana stance, Blind Justice. Stalker, however, does not use a Nikana.

Hide contents
Teshin does

Edit 2:  The connection between the Twin Queens in the upcoming update is Both Teshin and the Stalker revered the Orokin, specifically the Royalty. as such, it's logical to assume that a Guardian would do everything in it's power to defend the last of the royal family, including making a deal with the devil, Hunhow.(see SPAWN for plot similarity). The operator in the video is in what she clearly expects to be Grineer structure, but it's painfully Orokin. It even has a void pool in the center, and if you watch the opening bit carefully a few times, you realize that you're able to see the entirety of that chamber. And i feel it makes logical sense that a Guardian's pod would be somewhat close to the royalty. We also know that dojo's float in space, and that that was dojo tech, inside a grineer asteroid. so is it not possible that the asteroid is merely a shell covering a dojo that houses the last of the Orokin royalty as well as the Stalker/Teshin' as a last line of defense?

Edit 3, a copy of my last post in response to why i'm using lore to verify upcoming lore. 
are you inquiring as to why he stopped going wayne brady on your operator and dropped you like a sack of potatoes?

I'm willing to bet it had something to do with the warframe, a living, semi-sentient being, moving of it's own accord and surprising not only the stalker, but also hunhow who thought them only lifeless mechanical dolls

remember the hacked transmission that was decoded? about the carrier signal being hacked and a possible tracer detected? so it rebooted the somatic link, which is most likely nearly instant, but causes your perception to flicker. so it's not the lights that are flickering, but most likely it's the somatic link recycling. either way, it was a very very small tightknit clue that lead myself as well as a few others to the conclusion that the operator and the warframe were indeed seperate, and communicated control via a control wave of some sort, which turned out to be the somatic link.(I was a UAV operator in the army and worked with albeit extraordinarily primitive in comparison, but very similar tech to the actual transference theory of input command, thing goes and does the thing where you want it to and how you want it to do it with equipment that acts as a signal relay and processor. Essentially all the equipment I used in the army is inside the orbiter chair. so, that piece of information eas extremely important in it's reveal that once decoded it confirmed what the tenno were, almost a month before TSD was released. Steve said that the original idea for U19 as a bulk release back when he mentioned the second quest they were working on, he said that their goal was to do what TSD did for warframe, but they wanted it to have a bigger impact. All the information i presented, isi relevant  in that it is not my theory so much as it's my observation of everything the game has to offer. you said it yourself, the idea is to make the stalker scary in his moveset, and yet the acolytes who have the same helmet, varying warframes but with a similar power structure to the stalker are out being hooligans. 

I strongly suggest you re-watch both trailers. the reason being is that the center architecture in the first trailer, has 4 massive ribbed pylon'esque cables atop a rounded pedestal in a large cavernous room with a deep sloping floor. the room the operator discovers in the second trailer, is a flat floored surface with no massive ribbed pylons and no domed tower with royalty standing on it, but instead is a pool identical to the one the tenno discovers on lua in TSD, which is a longstanding quest chain with increasingly levels of wat as you progress in the quest chain ending with the inaros quest which adds another viewpoint outside the orokin civilization. 

Again, the nyx is expecting the interior she stumbles into to be grineer tech, and yet what she finds looks identical to a dojo. it's likely  that the twin queens are housed in a Dojo, along with Teshin and the Stalker warframe.

As for why he didn't just hop into the stalker frame from the get? because that kind of reveals that he's the stalker in the trailer at point blank, which ruins the surprise(if i'm even remotely correct) for the update. so of course they aren't going to show him doing that. He may very well wind up doing so. alternately, time. It takes about 20 seconds for the void chair to make it's way from it's hidden position under the pool and be ready to receive or deliver it's operator. 20 seconds, lorewise within the warframe universe, is an eternity to be fighting a Tenno, as demonstrated by the in game lore, and our ability to destroy entire ships of enemies by ourselves. the only other faction in the game lore wise that can contend with warframes for speed and agility are the infestation, the hyena pack, and zanuka. this is discounting the nonsensical buggy elevated jump that occurs in say void towers, as thats not a story element as it's horrid pathing.

Edit 4 - Lancer synthesis lore entry that i believe relates to the stalkers initial discovery of the secret of the warframes  

Spoiler
http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Lancer

Edit 5: How does the stalker track you? The stalker jacks into your somatic link and uses it as a tracker for your location as demonstrated here for the stalker loading screen;

in the below text, pulled from the stalker loading page translation you see some interesting things in the first line. a tracking signal? how would something be able to invade the somatic relay's signal and get a fix on it?

Void Link Severed

Reason: foreign carrier detected. Origin: unknown. Suspection: tracking signal.
Reinitiating dipolar connection on novel carrier. 
Bio in standby for check and sync. 
Motion compensation complete. 
Selenic lensing locked. 
Somatic control established. 
(Margulis) implantation intact. 
EVM status nominal. 
War platform awaiting sync.

Initilizing synaptic overlay... Good night, sweet angel.

The answer is relatively simple. He gets it as teshin while manning the conclave. Lets look at what the conclave arena's are/

The arena's in the conclave are three-dimensional spaces created within the relay that a Tenno's WarFrame is transported into. Which means that your command signals need to pass through to that space meaning they need to be relayed through. This moment gives Teshin the easy opportunity to snatch his targets that he wishes to hunt at his convenience as he can track your location.

Now, lets look at what Teshin stands to gain from his actions as the Stalker. The Stalker/Teshin set a chain of events in motion that would allow Stalker to interact with hunhow and form a mutually beneficial agreement to hunt down the Tenno as a whole. What winds up happening is during the story, the stalker has your Operator dead to rights and is in the process of killing you. You're saved by your WarFrames autonomous actions as it breaks War in its chest, causing Stalker to vanish. But, What if that isn't the Stalkers end-game ?

If i were in service to the Orokin royalty, the very last of their kind and was assigned the task of protecting them while simultaneously wanting to exact the ultimate revenge, here is how I would do it.

If my enemies numbers are not only high, but able to be easily replaced, as evidence by my killing only the actual WarFrames, while knowing that somewhere, out there, is their source. But I can't get to it, nor do I even know where it is to get to. But I know of someone who may be able to help. So, I launch a plan to resurrect the one enemy that was the sole reason for the Tenno's existence. I then will form a partnership with it, to gain it's trust. I will then play both Tenno and Sentient against one another until both are so weary that I and our forces(possibly Acolytes/Grineer/Corpus mass blitz on the remaining Tenno and Sentient forces. Whipe out the Tenno, the Lotus, and the Sentients in one fell swoop. My Queens will be safe, My enemies will be dead, and my vengeance will be satisfied.

Also the Stalker has the ability to make void keys, which only high ranking orokin would have access to the tech to do so on a genetic level(remember at the time of the fall everything stopped working) and teshin is in a room that is related to the Queens.

This is seriously the best well thought out theory ive ever heard on the forum! Do you follow DK on youtube? You need to because this would blow his mind 

23 hours ago, Zarozian said:

The Nightwatch could be called Nightwatch for a reason. Probably because they guard the Guardians while they sleep in their dojo hidden in the asteroid belt. Good night, sweet angel yeah? ;>

very possible. something to consider, so i'll research into it.

7 hours ago, Sithis32 said:

This is seriously the best well thought out theory ive ever heard on the forum! Do you follow DK on youtube? You need to because this would blow his mind 

many thanks, glad you found it a good read!

9 hours ago, FHTheIllest said:

A few ideas that I thought of reading your post:

For starters, the orokin structure that Tesshin draws his nikana on us is inferred to be the Twin Queens. Yes, they are the Grineers leader however they are not Grineer. From the codex entry for the hidden statues you can see they are indeed orokin. Renowned for their actions during the war but twisted and disgusting to look at. In fact, they were almost executed for being so hideous. The grineer, seing how ruthless they are decided to appoint them their queens even though they are not grineer. From the first war within trailer you hear two voices. One that is twisted and crackly. The other sounds that of a child. Both are female seen in the same tileset as the second trailer for the War Within. When th camera tries to move towards the voices, two grineer vanguard appear.You can tell they're grineer by their bodyshape and lack of elegance. Now to your stalker theory. There are a few reasons why i think it isn't him. In the second dream, after the stalker finds you recovering your operator, he suddenly looks at his hand and a few seconds later, the operator does the same. Also the final words that hunhow says. "You hate yourself" or "Are you one of them?" now that only solidifys that the stalker is indeed something that resembles a Tenno and uses transference hence the reason why he can use warframe powers and nullify them. However, look at Tesshin. He is driven by the honor of the sword (something derived from the Japanese Samurai) also, why would he prepare the tenno to fight the sentients if he was planning to be allied witht them when they retuened to the origin system? Yes, Tesshin was there when Hunhows tomb was opened but so was stalker. You said it yourself. How does the stalker traces us? How does he know where we are? Tesshin was at the opening of the tomb to confirm his theory that the sentients have returned. Also, if he does indeed have ties with the twin queens he can alert them to the arrival of a old enemy. Stalkers lore is too gray for me to really assume "who" he is. Yes he was driven mad and he wants blood for blood. Tesshin trains us to strengthen ourselves against ourselves and the old enemy. I really dont see why he would betray the orokin and the tenno by joining the sentients as stalker. Lastly Tesshins general appearence. If anything i believe he resembles baro kiteer skin tone wise and outfit wise. From the sands of inaros we learned that Baro Kiteer was from a tribe that worshipped one of the warframes on phobos. Before we try to decide who Tesshin is we must first ask who he was before the fall. Where was he from. What was his mission? Why is he helping us so much? It makes no sense for him to make us stronger only to kill us in the end. Because in the days of the orokin, the warframes were the only ones who could successfully kill the sentients. So, if he killed all the tenno, who would stop the sentients from taking over the origin system? The orokin? theyre dead. The grineer and corpus? Please. They're the reminents of the empire who could'nt defeat hem at their full power. Wouldnt that be defeating Tesshins whole purpose as an Orokin? Letting the Sentients take over everything. Okay rant over

Now to who I think Tesshin is and what he is up to...I'm putting my money on the resurfacing of an old "ally" one that created the Tenno and was originally the sentients opponent...The empire rises again... 

(Sorry for bad grammar I am in class so can not really pay attention to the little things)

the reasoning again, is pitting the tenno against the sentients  and using the grineer and corpus to effectively clean up shop after both the tenno and sentients are exhausted from the battle. this ensures the safe rule of the orokin twin queens.

1 hour ago, ObviousLee said:

i was curious as to why the person revived it. think the reason is getting people to talk about it again, or watch me interact with new nay-sayers.

Can't say I blame him. I've been subbed to this for months and I haven't said more than a sentence. Fun to watch, I suppose. 

Well, gratifying, rather.

I see a lot of strange theories about this game.

Most of them make no sense whatsoever but the mind works in mysterious ways so I can't complain.

This actually makes sense .... and I never liked Teshin.

Also, you mentioned Spawn, I love Spawn. I even liked the game. Hell, I even liked the movie.

Remember Tyl Regor and Teshin go way back? He is even surprised to see him alive. And he mocks him for his "honor".

Now, I just want to point out that this entire conversation is strange, given Tyls position as one of the top Grineer. Would he not know that Teshin was one of them?

Lastly - we still have no idea Teshin will actually fight US in that trailer.

If you ad one and two together you get three.

Teshin is labeled as Pseudo-Tenno, he was probably a Dax.

Stalker is most likely a warframe that lost its' link to its' Tenno, or the Tenno mind was totally merged to the Stalker.

It would also be kinda dumb to have Stalker as Stalker, then Stalker as Teshin in two major quest back to back. It kinda waters down the characters, takes away their value. Not everything can be about the Stalker, sorry Stalker Fanboys/girls.

8 hours ago, remsellis said:

Teshin is labeled as Pseudo-Tenno, he was probably a Dax.

Then he would have been labeled as a Dax... The Grineer are well aware over what the Dax were and would know to label what they do properly.

Stalker is most likely a warframe that lost its' link to its' Tenno, or the Tenno mind was totally merged to the Stalker.

That is but one viable theory, it is not the only one that exists.

It would also be kinda dumb to have Stalker as Stalker, then Stalker as Teshin in two major quest back to back. It kinda waters down the characters, takes away their value. Not everything can be about the Stalker, sorry Stalker Fanboys/girls.

The three cinematic quests are a trilogy as said by the Devs, so having Stalker in more than one would make even more sense, really. Also when you keep going into one character's story you actually build their importance rather than water them down. If you only go at each character as a shallow story you will find that your game is quite shallow on the character department. Stalker is one of the oldest characters in the lore of this game; Other than Lotus, Hunhow, Teshin, The twin queens, and the Tenno, no one else that we know of has lived as long as we have. Hes kind of important...

Edited by NeithanDiniem

• 5 weeks later...

I disagree for the fact of what happens in second dream when the stalker acts surprised and confused when he discovers what we truly are and looks at himself as if wondering if he is also just like us. But if he was yeah in, he would already know who he is, he's a grown &#! man and is walking around perfectly conscious.

the "muh theory will be proven in The War Within" responses some people issued when their theory met criticism were quite funny

to know that TWW did not proof any of their claims but actually debunks them (play the quest, I am not going to spoil it here) is even funnier

On 12.11.2016 at 1:46 PM, VisionAndVoice said:

This is usally too petty for me, but I'll allow myself this pettines just this once.

72c.jpg