The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Devstream #80!

[DE]Rebecca

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

What do you intend to do to give players a fair compensation or opportunity to acquire the free slots they could and often would have had grandfathered in if given proper notice of the change?

Previously Unanswered Questions:

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of an ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, recently addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels? Can it even be anything but a drop in the bucket in comparison to simply holding thousands of instances of mods?

Things mentioned in a previous stream, but no changes yet seen:

Weapon Balance

Q: What changes might we see in the not too distant future to bring down outliers / bring up underperformers?

Hide contents

A lot of guns are completely outclassed in their field, such as the whole Gorgon family versus Soma. Since Mastery Rank Restriction appears to be tied less and less to the power grade of a weapon, is there any hope for more tightening of the 'tiers' of weapon power, as happened with such as the Supra among LMGs?

Players feel like weapons are often "missed" in a wave of buffs (e.g. secondary-shotguns as a whole during shotgun buff wave), or have suffered nerfs as outliers in the past (such as the Brakk and S.Gammacor) which may be outdated in today's Warframe. Are any of these on the radar for getting their fair share of buffs, or reversions of outdated nerfs?

Tonkor and Launchers

Q: Can the Tonkor get fair risk/reward rebalancing, and a tweak to r/r balance of other launcher weaponry, to bring back legitimacy of using other weapons and especially other launchers?

Hide contents

More damage, more blast radius, less risk. The Tonkor is an obvious outlier, and not even locked behind a high MR. Its no-worry, highest-damage nature while also being AOE means that it detracts from the contribution of other Tenno in a squad. Like a fully modded Ember Prime running through Mercury, people barely get to play the game in comparison. Usage statistics speak for themselves - almost every Sortie, and even most Void missions still feature at least one Tonkor.

Here's a long thread of arguments for and against.

Personally, I would prefer not removing self-damage from other launchers almost-entirely to bring them to the Tonkor's level. Part of the fantasy of using explosive ordnance is Danger Close - don't be reckless and hit yourself.

However, the self-damaging paradigm at the moment appears to be lower base damage, but full mod scaling. This brings untriggered ordnance launchers such as the Ogris into a position where they pose a greater risk to the user than to enemies, and because of a lack of optional detonation, mistakes are guaranteed to be deadly to the player.

I'd suggest the following to start with:

- As per the Elytron Archwing, grant a UI element projectile beacon for launcher weapons to help guard against mistakes (and helps triggered explosives be used more effectively).

- Alter the paradigm of self-damage so that players (with appropriate effective health mods) are protected from instant suicide until much closer to an upper limit on modding for power than current functionality.

- Give the Tonkor this tamer, more balanced self-damage.

Will Machete receive a Augment mod or buff?
It's currently the weakest weapon in the game, and could use some love.

Any chance for a Prisma Machete sold by the Void Trader soon?

Any chance we'll have Syndicate cosmetic skins and/or helmets one day?

Detron got a Void Trader variant, will Brakk be getting one too?

Will there be Vandal skins for Warframes?
I like the designs of the Vandal weapons, but they don't really match any of the warframes.
Would be cool if their colors where changeable, or at least there where matching Warframe skins.

Will we ever be getting a male Grineer themed tank/combat warframe with tons of armor?
Hopefully with a Rocket Punch power.

Would be cool is there where optional secondary missions during your main mission.
Like, during a spy mission, a officer could spawn,
and you could go capture him.
If you fail or choose not to do the optimal mission you don't fail your main mission,
it's just a chance at getting extra affinity,
and something to freshen up the game-play a little.

Would be cool for each Relay to get their own Bar where the Void Trader could go.
(he's always talking about wanting you to come to parties he's throwing.)

Would be cool of the Relays could have an Arcade, 
where you can play the different mini games like Happy Zephyr and Wyrmius.

Would be cool if the Relays could have a fighting pit where anyone in the relay can fight each other.

Also, could we get a smaller Kubrow body type?
I want to make a tiny dog, but even the smallest one isn't small enough.

The two main reasons I don't play this game as much as I used to are,
Tons of Game Breaking bugs, and To many load screens.

14 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Uh, not quite? I think you have the scale a bit off. The Orbiter is huge. Massive. Enormous. It is a full blown naval carrier, and we know what it looks like.

latest?cb=20160716011357

That little kinda heart shape outlined in turquoise, right on the nose of the ship? That's the landing craft, docked.

It's not that big. I mean, if that thing on the tip is a liset, then this ship's not even half as big as a battleship.

if you ever make it this far i would like to know if we can get a bratton prime mod make it good its so outdated and also

whats your justification behind all these nerfs you continue to nerf and make the enemys harder it really starting to get old

nova,trinity,excalibur,mesa,all got nerfed and rhyno banshe mag  and limbo are  situational you made mag great then you ruined her again so its geting rediculous as well as so many skills that could be togled just for convinence loki and ash invisibility and zephyrs jetsstream should all be togled mesa could also be made better like only root her while firing peace maker but still be able to move instead of making her peace maker a constant drain it should be like 2 to 6 dots per shot thats all i wanted to know and hope you will consider what i have said  thank you   oh and please go back and take a new pass at the penta and the ogris it feels cheap that shot guns do muore damage then granades and rokets 

Edited by eyencee

You say you are gonna discuss about the basics, so I assume that's HP and damage types, weapon tiers, movement, stuff like that?

I think you are already working on a massive balance of the game, as you stated once, "trivializing" everything in the game to re-think it, but I would like to know if you are currently working on it...

I'm a vet, I remember the days while you had to make every shot count, and ammo restores were used WAY more often than nowadays. I hope you can balance damage types so we can get back to that, both for new players and vets alike, since now you can pretty much take a maxed out ignis to any non-endless mission (excluding sorties) and do short work of everything.

It would be nice if you could make it so elemental mods become more utility than straight damage upgrades, so that way we can start using the existent utility mods without having to think on a ammo efficiency loss, or DPS drops, etc...

Also on the topic, still planning to remove base damage mods and nerf multishot ones?

Lets start off with my usual question: If a player is on one of Ivaras dashwires and another dashwire is in range, could you make it so that you jump on the other dashwire when pressing X, and cycle through each one if there are more than just one dashwird in range?

Now, onto other questions! Will we see quests and story for each syndicate? Like, the leader of Steel Meridian is close to death, since she is a clone and those don't live very long. But because we are the Tenno, we say "F*** death" and build her her own custom "warframe".

Last but not least, can you open up an official thread in which you ask the players for QoL updates, like being able to see the exact location of teammates on the minimap instead of just the door you have to take to get to them, and focus on fixing the bugs and improving the parts that get brought up in that thread?

Edit: Speaking of Ivara QoL buffs, could you add keybindings to be able to fly upwards and downwards with Titania in fairy form?

Edited by KaeseSchnitte

5 hours ago, Cyborg-Rox said:

Would it be possible to do a pass on Glaives (especially their Throw Attack damage) like you have done in the past for Heavy Blades and Scythes?

Something I would do is give Glaives Throw Attack damage on par with the Gunblades, but remove stealth damage bonus from Throw attacks, so it wouldn't become overpowered. After all, the stealth bonus damage is meant as a reward for getting up-close in stealth. Ranged stealth is what we have headshots for.

Like always, stay hotdog.
Thanks for reading, have a Hektato:
Zs1N6oJ.png

Ranged throw would not make noise so, I disagree on losing the Stealth bonus.

Also try Ivara and Glaive and see what happens when guided.

Can you please increase endo drop rates for archwing missions, and add an excavation (or similar take) mission for archwing?

Archwing needs much more reason to be played and being able to get important resources like endo, neural sensors, oxium, and relics very efficiently and effectively through archwing would draw more players to it. 

I hope you consider/discuss/implement.

Thank you so much.  

Had a couple quick questions. (Apologies if any of these were already asked, I didn't flip through all 7 pages.)

Any news on the Nexus app for us Windows Phone users? (Pleeeeeease?)

Will Kubrow/Kavat armor sets ever be separated so we can equip parts like the armor pieces for the Warframes? I like a lot of the armor sets except for the helmets. I want to be able to see my Kubrow's chubby cheeked face but still give her some fancy armor.

Is a second PC to console migration still in the works? I believe in a past DevStream there was something said about wanting to do another.

And lastly, will we ever be able to see other players Sentinels or Companions in Relays?

Thanks!

Edited by yakuza963

2 hours ago, kkinnison said:

How do you try to reduce the grind in the game with regards to farming? How do you justify limiting the ability for players to gain certain resources quickly and easily (Oxium, Orokin Cells, new relics mixed with old, and Void Traces)?

Im not sure what you're complaining about...Void traces fall like leafs Orokin cells are easy if you're aware of where to  look and the codex literally spells out relic information 

1. Stealth? We're space ninja, do not forget this...
  2. Old events as quests? A lot of the elements that happened in the quests are correlated to things ingame, so not having them breaks the story's continuity... Some of these quests were also an introduction to gamemodes! Reintroducing them as "tutorials" would help the beginners...
  3. Pet commands? Specter commands? Hostage commands?Any companion commands?( with new orders like "hack this terminal while I'm busy", "attack this prior unit" "go here & defend this side of the room" "let me do stealth")
  4. Why can't we see our arsenal in the dojos? Trading would be much easier to do with this!
  5. Any new tileset? New enemies? Next reworked boss? (Nef Anyo,I guess) New weapon types/stances? We've been a loooong time without new content for PvE, we're starving! (that's one of the reasons veterans & youtubers such as Mogamu get burned out way quicker... I myself don't touch the game much, lately)
  6. Where's the beginner sentinel?
  7. Umbra?
  8. Why do boosters work with real time instead of actual play time? Some of us need to work the whole week,and having payed for a weekly booster while actually playing the week-end is kind of a waste...
  9. When will Tennogen gifts be possible?
  10. Titania ws the idea of our community director, mrs Rebecca. What about all the fan concepts for warframes? Are Typhus & other popular ones still possible? When will you do a quest like "The enemies of the tenno" again?
  11. For many, Titania completely overshadows Zephyr. (Titania's free flight mode vs the actual Birdframe) Will you do anything to address this?
  12. When will Frost & Volt's cloth physics happen? It's been YEARS now...
  13. New weapons come, and put the older ones to shame. Will you come back to all these forgotten old weapons (& weapon types,like machete) to make them more attractive again?
  14. When will we be able to craft several of the same items in our foundry at the same time? (Instead of waiting again & again to make ciphers,etc)
  15. Why don't enemies interact with their environment more? Nobody uses elevators, nobody throws explosive barrels at us...They just attack/trigger the alarms or a lockdown.
  16. Why don't enemies use their cleverness to overcome our strength? (instead of just sending more cannon fodder. "If you can't win with your muscles,win with your brain...")
  17. Why does the Stealth multiplier use a timer? Stealth is about patience & takes a lot more time than run & gun gameplay...
  18. When will quests & old events be replayable?
  19. When will Deception 2.0 happen? It looks extremely outdated cmpared to the rest.
  20. When will Void (not Moon, Void) Spy happen?
  21. When will Phorid be revamped? He's just a bigger infested charger.
  22. Archwing PvP : when?
  23. Oberon's passive relies on wildlife yet we only have very few different units (sand skates,wild kubrows, lanx). Will you expand that?

Sup everyone! So, i got some questions....

1) When the Archwing trailer went up, there something that made me curious if gonna be implemented in the game, and its the mission where you start in the archwing and enter the ship you aiming for(the one on the trailer is a grinner ship). There is something like that on the J3 Raid, but would be fair something like a capture mission in that way? Raid the outer space and the invade the spaceship to capture a target and must leave the ship as a running tenno or an archwing... how about it?

2) Nightmare mission? I missed some harder missions. These days i'm not with much time, so, its hard to keep a 50 min+ on a game(survival) to finde enemies 95+ and stuff.

3) Ignis buff? Also, somewhat old weapons review(like amprex)

4) More  Events like: Operation Tubemen of Regor. Chose sides is awesome! And if possible, the choice could change ones gameplay(whenever it wins or loses).

5) More stuffs for Dojo - Rooms, cosmetics, utility for it(besides some place to research some blueprints and stuff.
6) With Corpus faction, after sometime of alarm, they respawn a Bursa; and on side of Grinner? Could respawn one Manic Bombard(or Drekar Manic Bombard) ? Cause on Corpuse side, if you esnns fo s psvrfull mission, you just desactive all alarms when the got up; on other side, if its the grinner, you just leave it out and keep moving - nothing big gonna show up and wrack you up.

7) Sentinel - could it make then roam a bit off from you tenno ? Somewhat like a kubrow.
8) Unique Orokin hacking puzzles, when will they arrive? (AuroraSonicBoom question) - good one
9) More weapons augments?
10) Limbo, Oberon & Hidroid rework/buff ?
11) More weapons skins?
12) Music improvements ? Like when the alarm is off, plays some nice and calm music - but when alarm goes up, some heavy S#&$ start playing - more to give some kind of atmosphere.
13) Sortie Token? With the endless(and harder) sorties?!
14) A long time ago, something poped out like a "foundry 2.0" - so... still up ?
15) A new sentinel? infested ?
16) Somewhere, on a Devstream, was said that the enemies leader/boss's would, sometime, give us an especial mission against the enemy faction. If thats correct, would be possible the infested boss's give some mission?(like change the ship computers route to a orokin derelict - instead to the planet)
17) Any chance of an founder that has "Hunter's Pack" grow up to a "Master Pack"? 
18) We got spy 2.0, but what about stealth 2.0 ?
19) More  intelligent enemies, make then dodge and cover, use some skills(grenades). Most of enemies just stand in the same place and shot you, hardly go to some cover.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

it'll be time to take a look at some of Warframe's big picture areas. Updates are our life blood, but so is a satisfying core gameplay experience.

Very curious to hear what is (and what isn't) said.

Edit: Hell, might as well append the list of questions.
tl;dr - 2 is rephrased, 3 is new (3b isn't), 4b is new, 6 is new, 8 (undercover boss) is now re:TWW.
I thiiiink that's all the changes since last time.

-----

Again: Mostly same as before (polishing the presentation is a WIP), responses to given answers at the end; and spoilerized for length.

By rough order of importance and/or current relevance - and my perception of the likelihood they'll be addressed.

I'll try and condense the questions into bullet points, with context or elaboration below as needed.

1) Are Kavats intended to be strictly better than Kubrows?
Because they very much seem to be (and the scan vs egg pricing seems to support that view.)

2) Controls for repeated Stealth finishers are clunky and leave you fully visible while removing player control. Can Stealth finisher animations/conditions get a pass?
To make them more fluid, less vulnerability/visibility-inducing? Particularly when sneaking up on multiple units, individual takedowns (not to mention the new alert-ing mechanics) tend to screw you up.
Elevations break them, facing can be finicky, and the vast majority have a lot of unnecessary frames that aren't needed.
Furthermore, having i-frames for them is great, but they root you in the open - leaving you visible and often getting you spotted.
Using one every so often is fine, but using them in sequence (e.g. sleeping or blinding an enemy group) - and especially if you're going "legit" stealth (i.e. not invis) is very clunky.

2b) Also, can they be given a different keybind than melee?
Speaking of "legit" stealth and finicky facing, I'd rather not accidentally poke the Bombard I'm trying to sneak up on and shank, ya know?

3) Can Convergence please be gotten rid of?
While the Convergence spawn mechanics are not completely clear to me, there is a certain exp generation condition.
This is rather counterproductive most of the time, as it'll spawn immediately after I nuke a room, clear a Spy vault, etc.
Assuming the answer is 'No':
- Any word on it getting a pass? It's been... what? 9 months? A year?

3b) Not a question, and assuming Convergence is staying: When considering any new Focus/Convergence changes, please keep Spy missions in mind? :'(
tl;dr - Convergence has killed Spy missions as a source of Focus.

4) Could we get a quick overview on your take of the 'state of the frames'?
How satisfied you are with what was reworked, what (if anything) more needs to be done there, next 'brightest fires', etc.

4b) Is Volt's rework officially done? Has Energy Shield permanently lost its beam weapon interaction?

5) Given Steve's thoughts on disconnecting (or not disconnecting) cosmetics and gameplay, are there any UI improvements in the pipes for managing your synd sigils across your entire arsenal?

5b) Also, any UI addition/streamlining to bring your active Focus tree into the Arsenal?
After all, it is a part of your loadout.

6) What was the intent in removing the conclave rating from mods and the arsenal?

7) Given that it's obvious that 'all weapon were not made equal', is there any concrete intention to officially tier gear? After all, Scott has said on at least a couple of previous Devstreams that he has some kind of tiering system when creating new weapons.

8) Scott: Is "undercover boss" still a thing? Will you resume it for TWW?

9) Is 'All Warframes should be overpowered' (or however DE_Steve phrased it) still the intention?
9b) On that note: if 'yes', how do Nullifiers fit in with this vision?

10) Excavation re-revisit? Please? ... Please? From its inception, it was my favorite game-mode. (And given its popularity in the CHT poll asking about previous events, I'm not alone in this.)

11) Have any changes been made to the announced next batch of weapon augments (these), based on the feedback given?

12) And on the topic of band-aid mods, has any thought been given to Covert Lethality, daggers, dual daggers, stealth-prompt attacks, etc?
12b) Actually, backtrack a bit: What do you consider to be 'bandaid's?

13) Can syndicate procs please not activate while you have the stealth multiplier buff up? (Seems both an easier and simpler solution than putting them under player control, though I may be wrong.)
btw, thanks for making them silent.

14) Snipers: Scope-sway is irritating and possibly inapproriate (do 'frames need to breathe, have a cardiovascular system?), but I can live with it. That said: Any word on removing hipfire accuracy malus from snipers? Please?
Alternatively, are there any particular pros or cons to  removing it faster so quickscoping is possible?

15) I admit, I've not played Dark Sector, but the Glaive has been a favorite of mine for almost a year now. Any chance that the richochet mechanic will be looked at? I don't think I've ever seen a bounce hit something.

15b) On that note, do you consider thrown melee to be in a good place (what with bounces being, afaik, completely ineffectual - as above -, their attack-cycle length, the inherent 2-3 mod slot tax required to make them usable (Quick Return, Power Throw, Whirlwind(, Entropy Flight), their not being affected by melee combo... and all of which are mod slots you can't use to increase their damage)?

15c) What about having Altfire while in melee-mode immediately throw your thrown melee? Since it doesn't do anything atm.
(Would also dovetail nicely with Reload or Altfire switching modes for the Split Sword, if that ever happens.)

16) You have tracking data on completed missions. Has there been any talk about unplayed or disliked (e.g. here) mission types?

17) How will 'Damage / Enemy Scaling 3.0' affect status weapons' underpreformance in DE Approved Content enemy-levels compared with crit (or even decent straight-damage) weapons?

17b) Will this finally redeem the Sure Shot et al. mods? (+% status, 15% at rank 5 - where the dualstats give 60% at rank 3)

18) Reticule customisation? Particularly in Archwing, the crosshairs dot can be very hard to see.
--- Credit where credit is due: The new Archwing scope is much less easily lost. Thank you for that.

19) Speaking of Archwing - What about removing aura-inheritence and just giving them an aura slot? Are there any particular cons?

20) Any plans to better integrate Archwing into your loadout selection? If nothing else, to make it clear at-a-glance which AW loadout (by loadout name is probably sufficient) is currently selected.

21) Options to disable/limit screen shake and auto-mantle?

22) Exilus slots have been around for a while now. Are they working as intended vis-a-vis modding flexibility?

22b) Similarly, what are your current thoughts on augments vis-a-vis mod slots? Are they working as intended? What are your thoughts about dedicated aug slots? If that's a possibility, at what point does that just become a 'tech tree' - and as such why not just implement it as one?

23) Any realistic chance that revisiting the combo counter. or at least the bandaid mods Body Count/Harkonar Scope is on the radar? Such as splitting the bonus between base duration and the mod, like the Conclave KD/stagger defense mod - Anticipation, or how staggers work in Lunaro, now.

24) I don't expect Banshee's passive to change, sadly, so:
Since Silence isn't actually 'Silence' so much as 'Deafen', and Banshee has innate weapon silencing for a passive. Any thoughts on changing Silence? Possibly into its PvP/Malice version?

-----
Addressed:
Steve shared his thoughts on disconnecting cosmetics from gameplay.

All passives now appear in the Arsenal.
Although clarity (read: stats) would stil be appreciated.

Limbo is next on the review list.

11b) Nullifers completely shut down Magnetize. However, take Magnetize add in a Miter (physical projectile with punchthrough) and the bubble burst augment...
Yay for hard-counter pileups, I guess.
-- Nullifiers now dispel any ability they interact with, making this irrelevant.

13) Nitain was nominally added to give players a reason to run credit-only alerts... Except that it A) didn't address credit-only alerts at all, what with not being a credit-only alert and with B) credit-only alerts still existing.
(Note that I'm not touching on the Nitain alert frequency - beyond saying that it's not as bad as I feared it might be, as that depends on an individual's free time.)

So, any followup?
-- Item alerts cycle through much faster, and many credit-only alerts now offer Rare cores (up from any rarity cores). That said, credit-only alerts do still exist.

Could you please formulate, communicate and adhere to a unified vision of 'what Warframe is intended to be'?

tl;dr-

* Where is Warframe supposed to fall on the 'skill-based shooter <-> Horde mode ARPG' scale?
- Relatedly, where is it intended to fall on the 'skill <-> gear' scale? How easy/hard a fight is a player intended to have if they're severely over/under-modded?

* How static vs. dynamic is Warframe intended to be?
If primarily dynamic - and given the repeated statements (and a freaking anti-afk measure based solely on) that you don't want people sitting in a single spot for extended periods of time - what's the design logic behind low-range 'emanation'-type buffs? (such as Chroma's Vex Armor, Mirage's Total Eclipse Zephyr's Jet Stream and now Vauban's passive.)

Because those encourage players to huddle up (which generally means 'stand still in a common spot') to get any benefit from them. Which is something of a mixed message.
-- "All things to all people", "make your own fun".
Being 'all things to all people' is an admirable goal, but you need, at least a little, to fascilitate it - making it less difficult to do.
For example: I like the frentic, fullness-of-senses of enemy density in a "level appropriate" game of Excavation nm, we don't talk about that anymore survival once the spawns start ramping up. This starts past ~17 minutes, but for the enemy level to begin approaching my mods, I need to wait for ~47-54 minutes before things actually become dangerous.
Now, I recently came across a post (for the first time, incidentally) that says I can't "underclock" my mods to tune my power level to the content due to limitations of the Mod system architecture. Fair enough.
But the point remains that I can't, and even if I have multiples of mods, I need to 1) Estimate player-to-enemy power correctly and then 2) suffle all my mods on all my gear (while not losing track of what my mod setup was before), and then 3) do this again and again, every single time, for any mission that isn't 'up to my level'.
This is waaay too much manual upkeep to expect, by my lights.
On the flip side, I have no way to influence enemy levels or spawn density aside from snoring my way through the first 45 minutes while I wait for the game to scale up the enemies. Urgh.
So, all things to all people. Wonderful, I can live with that - but give me something to work with.

Given the recent reintroduction of the EMP aura - Are you happy with the current state of Auras in general? Such as:
* The existence of 3-rank auras vs to more standard 5, making them (even) less desirable, because less mod points.
* All the V auras being additive straight damage, which is to say: both lacking in variety and growing less beneficial as your base damage mods improve.
* D auras being: Situational (Infested Impedance), useless (Physique, because it scales off base, unmodded health) and alright (Rejuvenation).
* - auras having Corrosive Projection, Energy Siphon, the Radars and basically every other actually-useful aura excepting Rejuvenation.)
-- It's a system that hasn't been touched in a long while, and will at least be partially expanded with Titania bringing a few more. Beyond that remains to be seen.

Edited by Chroia
Well, I was already here...