Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Perfect World is Selling the Lato Prime

jxtichi012

3 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

We PC players also have exclusive Tennogen items, perhaps not permanent, but still.

NOT ALL OF US. I play on the WF standalone client, and I don't have access to almost any of the Steam-based TennoGen items.

Just pointing out that there are a number of different variant WF "versions" currently, even among PC players.

Just now, Ksaero said:

But linking your account to Steam economy doesn't change anything in a bad way and it's not much of an effort.

It means I have to keep the version on Steam updated. Since I near exclusively play on standalone, this means I have to keep two full versions of the game up to date if I want to buy Tennogen. For someone with limited throughput, this is far more of a hassle than I'd like.

Just now, FierceRadiance said:

NOT ALL OF US. I play on the WF standalone client, and I don't have access to almost any of the Steam-based TennoGen items.

Just pointing out that there are a number of different variant WF "versions" currently, even among PC players.

Well Steam thingy is different because standaloners play with Steam users and can easily link themselves to Tennogen.

Just now, Venom-Snake said:

Really guys, should we even care?

China Warframe does not effect the Global build in any way. Its just fire waiting to be spread.

Just roll your eyes and move on.

Exactically. Can anyone 'asplain the original issue of this post to me so it doesn't just sound like simple ugly jealousy that cousin Billy who lives in another city got a toy that I can't have?

4 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

But linking your account to Steam economy doesn't change anything in a bad way and it's not much of an effort.

Except you have to update Steam and Warframe whenever new stuff comes out, and not everyone has a PC that plays nice with Steam.  Until I did a few upgrades, running anything through Steam caused lag and crashing.

Just now, Noamuth said:

Except you have to update Steam and Warframe whenever new stuff comes out, and not everyone has a PC that plays nice with Steam.  Until I did a few upgrades, running anything through Steam caused lag and crashing.

If I'm not mistaken, you can log into standalone version with the Steam-linked account, so it means you can just reinstall Warframe through Steam, buy what you need and reinstall a standalone version again.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

Well Steam thingy is different because standaloners play with Steam users and can easily link themselves to Tennogen.

A 35 GB DL is "easy"? I suppose it's just clicking a button and walking away from the 'pooter (for the rest of the farging day).  I'd also have to deal with another layer of complexity and/or issues via the Steam overlay to gain.....paintjobs and pictures.  Granted, there are some I'd like to own, and would pay for if I could. But it's still a PITA for very little reward, which is why I haven't done it. Again, my point is that there are a number of different versions of WF floating around now, and to get pissy because somebody somewhere got something you can't have is just -IMHO- childish.  This is simple jealousy, and there's nothing for it but to get over it.

40 minutes ago, Corvid said:

PWE has nothing to do with this. PW is the company publishing Warframe in China. PWE publishes Chinese games in the west.

Similar names, different companies.

PWE and PW are the same company. PWE is the North American branch, similar to how there's a Nexon America, Nexon Korea, Nexon Taiwan, etc.

14 minutes ago, Myscho said:

They should do some agreement like "global founders pack never go live in china and china founders never go live in global", because release part of founder pack which have no place there is kinda backstabbing especially is the same company

Ultimately, international disputes between companies or entities are hard to enforce, and this is especially true when it comes to China. We can't change what Perfect World did on the Chinese Warframe, nor can we stop them. Just let Perfect World keep screwing up their version of the game until most of the players leave until it gets shut down.

Following what Letter13 said, this issue doesn't concern or effect any of us.

1 minute ago, Ksaero said:

If I'm not mistaken, you can log into standalone version with the Steam-linked account, so it means you can just reinstall Warframe through Steam, buy what you need and reinstall a standalone version again.

Logging in through standalone does not display the Tennogen items in the market, even if your account is linked to steam. I know this because my account is linked, but they don't show up. If I want to buy any new stuff, I need to update the steam version.

1 minute ago, Heckzu said:

PWE and PW are the same company. PWE is the North American branch, similar to how there's a Nexon America, Nexon Korea, Nexon Taiwan, etc.

IIRC, PWE is a subsidiary, while PW is the umbrella company. What I said is technically accurate.

If you believe that's how it's done, how can you say it's not a hassle to reinstal Warframe?

Its a good sized game and takes a few hours.

Spoiler; that's not how it's done.  You have two versions of Warframe.  One linked to Steam and the stand alone.  You can play either with no issues but the main sticking point is that if you don't use the Steam version, you have to go through not only the Steam interface updating, but then any updates Warframe has.  And with the time between TennoGen items, you have about 40 minutes worth of updating.

28 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I get that they're 2 versions of the game yes, the issue I have is with resale of the founders gear.

It was stated that they would not be resold, most believe that applies to re-release in the global build, but why doesn't that apply to the sale of the assets?

Yes, it has no impact on us. But as far as I can see DE have resold the founders gear to Chinaframe despite saying otherwise.

It does apply to the sale of the assets. DE has kept their word, but Perfect World did not. The issue here is that international disputes are very hard to settle and lawful action between international entities is difficult to enforce, so there's a limit to what DE can do about this.

Edited by Heckzu
Clarification purposes

As a Founder, seeing this isn't really that big of a deal. I mean, I am a tiny bit miffed about all this, but only because it surprises me that PW is disrespecting the global player base, and DE themselves.

Their basically poking the beehive that gives them the honey.

39 minutes ago, Venom-Snake said:

Really guys, should we even care?

China Warframe does not effect the Global build in any way. Its just fire waiting to be spread.

Just roll your eyes and move on.

Why should we care?

40 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I get that they're 2 versions of the game yes, the issue I have is with resale of the founders gear.

It was stated that they would not be resold, most believe that applies to re-release in the global build, but why doesn't that apply to the sale of the assets?

Yes, it has no impact on us. But as far as I can see DE have resold the founders gear to Chinaframe despite saying otherwise.

This is why we should care. DE's promise to not resell Founders gear should apply regardless of the build of the game, as that promise predates any other build of the game. If that promise applies to the console builds, which came after Founders, then it should apply to the Chinese build, which also came afterwards. This is a matter of whether or not DE's word is trustworthy, and of whether or not they will honor their word, even if Changyou is dishonoring that word. It's also a matter of the respect that they show to console players and non-Founder pc players and how valuable those players are compared to their China-build players. While some people here might not understand the message that DE is sending (intentionally or unintentionally), others do. It sends the inherent message that the chins community is so special that they'll receive special treatment, whereas non-Founders (console and pc) are just the red-headed step-children who receive the leftovers. That's inevitably the way many players (not all, not most, but many) will interpret this move by DE (even if it's directly Changyou, it's indirectly DE).

IMO, DE needs to either 1) honor their word and stop selling/giving away Founders items to the Chinese community, or 2) re-release Founders items to the global community and tell players that they're going back on their word.

Good to see the official DE response. Not surprised to see PW doing this on their own, but it is good to have confirmation that DE wasn't involved.

Edited by AntoineFlemming

1 hour ago, jxtichi012 said:

http://wf.mytvgame.com/wf/general/newsact/20161028/55443.html

n15S0Pm.png

m2zCtTO.png

After they sold the Primed Streamline, They are now selling the Lato Prime during the Halloween. 

Regarding this OP *specifically*:

This offer (if true, which looks like it is) does violate our requests launching content. There are certain freedoms for the 'games as service' execution our international partners have, but we were able to get some explicit forbidden releases established which included Founder's gear. I can't speak too much on this simply because my involvement is minimum, but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this.

5 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

Wasn't preventing this virtually the entire reason the Umbra gear was created though? So much for 'respect'.

Great, it's happening again. Feels like July 19, 2015 has risen up once more. I'm just going to lie in wait for this entire thing to pass. By 'this entire thing', I'm referring to the (now high) likelihood of Excalibur Prime being given to the Chinese build.

But again, lie in wait.

EDIT: To clarify, I'm not mad; I'm just not looking forward to the forum flood of threads like these incoming for the next few weeks.

EDIT 2: Did not realize Rebecca made a comment on this 1 minute before I did. I'll trust this:

but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this

Edited by LazerSkink

1 minute ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This offer (if true, which looks like it is) does violate our requests launching content. There are certain freedoms for the 'games as service' execution our international partners have, but we were able to get some explicit forbidden releases established which included Founder's gear. I can't speak too much on this simply because my involvement is minimum, but for those concerned about this rest assured we did not approve this.

Thanks for the statement.

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Relieved to hear this. Completely without sarcasm, I'm very re-assured by this.

Thank you Rebecca.

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thanks, SpaceMom.

Since this violates the agreement, is there anything DE can do?

5 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Thanks for the response. It is reassuring.

1 hour ago, Zachles said:

Is this for real? Can you show me the link? PW is the most *ss backwards, money grabbing company on the planet, so I'm not even surprised if this is actually true.

Also, regardless of whether or not it has any effect on us in our version of the game, they shouldn't be selling exclusive limited time items anywhere or to anyone. And this isn't just from me being a Grandmaster about the Lato Prime. Those people must be p*ssed off.

It's been quoted by someone before me, in a reddit link.