Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nightmare Mode Feedback

[DE]Drew

Basically glad to see that it's back, but to be blunt it's easier than it used to be since I actually know what nightmare mod I'm jumping into before hand, also a little sad that it now functions on an alert timer esque system.

Edited by Irorone

The only thing bad I see is the restriction of 1 mod per planet each 8H but I think not so many players are hardly farm the nigthmare mods, so it's not really bad.

I really enjoy the fact of spitting these mods into 3 tiers, it make easier to find what we need but also harder for new player to obtain the high tiers mods.
I also think this tier systeme should be applied on Nightmare raid for each mission. First mission grant a tier 1 mod, second mission grant a tier 2 mod and 3rd mission grant a tier 3 mod.

I think having the bright saturated red background like the previous version of nightmare missions would be helpful in finding where they are on the map. Also not having as many "friendly fire" (aka solo mode) missions would be nice. Sort of noticed them pushing out the other modifiers. Other than the fact that "friendly" fire mode is inconsistent as well as pushing cooperative play out the window (outside of pre-made groups). Radial Blasts insta-kill other players for example. Some arrows don't damage others while some decide to do damage. 

Would be nice to see some of the old nightmare mods get a buff like Accelerated Blast, Wildfire, Stunning Speed, Rending Strike, Vigor, etc. Even if it's just reducing their drain . . .

Edit: Instead of friendly fire, you could have reduced ally buffs or something . . .

Edit2: I do like the smaller loot tables . . . but not being able to run them repeatedly makes me have a small chance to find anyone else doing the mission. Other than the nightmare mods, there doesn't seem to be any motivation to run these repeatedly. Could we get increased affinity/credit/focus/resource/endo gain? 

Edited by AwesmePersn

22 minutes ago, Irorone said:

Basically glad to see that it's back, but to be blunt it's easier than it used to be since I actually know what nightmare mod I'm jumping into before hand, also a little sad that it now functions on an alert timer esque system.

21 minutes ago, lukinu_u said:

The only thing bad I see is the restriction of 1 mod per planet each 8H...

@[DE]Drew Quick question: Do these new Nightmare mods included in NM LoR? How will that work? I'm asking since we can run NM LoR unlimited number of time.

Kind of seeing friendly fire mode as promoting solo play, or premade groups.

Seems about as popular as no HUD mode was.

Also, limiting nightmare to one run per 8 hours per planet, locking the mods behind the already "famous" Warframe RNG?  Why?

While listing the nightmare modifier on the node is nice, limiting the amount you can run it is a bit 'bleh'.

Locking RNG behind timewalls like that kind of... sucks for most players, to be blunt.

Edited by DeMeritus

While friendly fire is hilarious beyond words, it's probably not a good mode to leave in the game. It really doesn't suit the "cooperative play with your friends as unstoppable killing machines" theme that we all signed up for.

Also some of my clanmates hate me even more than they did before.

Biggest Annoyance: the 8 hour rotation and 1 go limitation...

Could really do with a 'nightmare tab' on the drop down showing nightmare missions along with the alerts etc because finding the dot on the maps isn't that easy imo.

If you do have to keep friendly fire can we get our sentinels/companions to not attack us and maybe have the damage as a percentage of our damage so it's not a one shot death scenario from our own team.... 

Also have to say I kind of prefer the system where we can just go do an alert for the mod we want, I'm not a massive fan of rng at the best of times and I'd rather have a 'harder challenge' to get the exact mod I want than have to wait 8 hours for rng to possibly give me the nightmare mod I'm trying to get

Edited by LSG501

the rate of play may be questionable. the number of existing Nightmare Missions at any given time is very limited since you can only play them once now.

i understand the obvious intention is to get people to play a wider variety of Nightmare Missions rather than only the ones Players can cheese in 30 secs, but even if one plays all of them, that's still not very many opportunities to play Nightmare Missions.

knowing the modifiers ahead of time is a double edged sword. it's nice to know so you don't get f...ed, but at the same time knowing ahead of time means there's no surprise during the Mission. it's just another Mission.

perhaps non-repeatable without Modifiers known would be more interesting in this regard. no incentive to quit until you get Modifiers you like. as long as the Modifiers aren't super punishing for some Equipment choices but not others, that should work fine despite the whining people would have of not being able to turn the difficulty off.

ones like Friendly Fire are fine to me - stop the eyes closed spray and pray and you're good. maybe reduce Damage by half or something to make it harder for one stray bullet to Kill someone.
not including Companions with it might be important, though.

got beat to it while writing, a Nightmare tab on the World State Menu would reduce the clicks to find said Missions.

I would like to complain: Those of us at RSB have noted that Nightmare Law of Retribution appears to be using the easy tier only. Arguably one of the hardest missions in the game (after factoring the challenges of getting a squad together, learning how to do it, coordinating with up to 7 other people, etc.), and we get low-end rewards. Granted, we don't run it for the mods, but it's still one of those things that makes me question reality.

Suggested changes: Give LoRNM its own table with all mods, OR give stage 2 the mediem tier and stage 3 the hard tier.

Nevermind, confirmed bug. Carry on!

Edited by DeltaPhantom

Bugs(?) in Nightmare missions:

1) Your Kavat (possibly all companions but haven't tested others yet) will randomly assassinate you, no matter the mission type.

2) Your Specters (gear item; includes Tenno Specters and Syndicate Specters) will be on the enemy's side instead of yours, no matter the mission type.

3) Sometimes the Nightmare modifier(s) in-mission will not match the one(s) shown in the Starmap (IE says "Energy Drain" but is instead "Health Vampire").

Edited by Meta_Nexus
Clarity

I know it is not intentional to allow players to farm the same nightmare planet node by finding fresh people who have yet to do it. I have a solution:

If DE really wanted to discourage this behaviour; they could easily punish players by halving their shield and health for each completed attempt at the same nightmare planet within cooldown. Both sides get their cake and eat it too, favoring the house longer term.

Otherwise, I see friendly fire being easily abused. I enjoy the idea of a tier system even though it currently does not work. I think changing the cooldown to 4-6 hours is a little bit more balanced. (Far easier to find people and get the mods you want.)

Really enjoying the nightmare modes though.

A Nightmare mission tab and timers would be really convenient.

A tab on the navigation map just for Nightmare missions, like the sorties/syndicate/fissure missions have, where it shows which is the current nightmare node, how much time left before it changes and, if the player finished the mission, how long until his personal reset.

Reducing the wait time after finishing a mission so another shows up would also be nice, its not like people farm Nightmare mods 24/7, or that these mods are ultra OP.

Friendly Fire mode just turns into 'Solo mode' or 'Friends-only mode', since there is a high chance of getting a troll when doing with randoms. Maybe bring one or some of the Sortie modifiers to replace it? Or maybe turn the 'high enemy density' glitch into a modifier.

I stopped doing them a looooong time ago. Didn't even know there were changes like LSG501 was mentioning with the 8 hour rotation and 1 go limitation. The prizes stopped being worth it so unless I'm seriously bored and need a "1 minute mission", I stay away from them.

The modes are ok. But once you figure out how to beat it, it gets old. They need spruced up a bit, or add a rotating modifier mid game. Maybe every few minutes the modifier can change? For example, I start with half health, no biggie. I'm fighting my way though and "ding! time to change that!", then a new modifier is applied. Let's say Energy drain. Great, now I have to be careful with my energy. A few minutes later it's time to change again. Energy drain is gone, and longer reloads come in to play.
Or to make things worse. what if every 5 minutes/waves a new modifier is ADDED to the other. Start with low grav, 5 minutes/waves later you have low grav and no shields. 5 minutes/waves pass again and you have low grav, no shields, and death detonation, and so on and so on until you can't take it any more. That would surely liven things up. lol

If you're talking about the Halloween event. Remembering what to do from last year helped a lot. I soloed the first two of them. Went to do the third one and the Jacko-guy got stuck in a stairwell and wouldn't come out. Alt-f4'd that and didn't go back. Again, the reward wasn't worth the time spent (Never thought I'd say that about a Reactor :shocked:).
If no one had done it before, or needed the prizes it would be a nice event. But I'll pass for now. :awkward:

Not meaning to be all, "ugh lame prizes guys...", but unless I start building repeat Warframes, I don't really need reactors. And leveling weapons that I'm never going to use on a daily basis is boring, so why bother putting catalysts on them? I know this isn't the case for everyone or for people just starting the game, but it is for some of us.

Anyway, that's my opinion. :smile:

Load up a Nightmare Mission. Get killed by an Ember's WoF or a Simulor Mirage. 10/10 would play again.

In all seriousness. New nightmare mode is fun. I just don't agree with the friendly fire aspect of it - I hate those types of things in games like this. Where most players abilities are ranged, it's never nice to be affected by them. That and the current Meta Weapons. Tonkor. Simulor etc.

Mana drain is EXTREMELY fast. I dunno, what you really trying to do, but now its like "no ability" mod. There is almost no way to cast something, only you can do is drop pizza every 34 seconds for example of Loki. I don't feel like it good idea.

Health drain... you know, it is mostly like a free health restore.

Friendly fire... You know, if you can't do any of this mission solo, you go public, and have another 3 ppl, who are not skilled enouth... Well, it's even more fun. Anyway it's broke any CC, or DD abilties. Just a bit contr-intuitive. I mean you go in party, only to act like a selfish player at Loki, Inaros e.t.c.  And one question. Can i get ban... I mean report griffers? For example somebody is bored enouth to kill everybody near extraction.

You need to do something (replace it already) with greeneer puzzle. I know, its problem of my PC mostly, but i hate em soooo much. This is just ruin my game expirience, and now i just die after each one. This is awfull.

Hijack. Well, i guess another 3 locked doors must be my personal curse. I just have no idea what they do exept this. I mean i have no problem with em, if my FPS doesn't drop. ALSO, at this mission all is ok... Just becouse enemies stop spawning and there is noone in a second (G3) room. This not a nightmare only, regular missions too. Add mobs, remove puzzles.

P.S. My fellow Loka's Ansient don't get any resist and die just in few seconds. It is bug, or feature?

I would like to see the timer mechanic changed, maybe have them update once you've cleared a tier rather than every 8hrs? Or maybe generate a fresh one for the planet you're on after you clear it. The 3 resets a day bit isn't all that bad, but having to wait up to 8hrs between resets seems a little unreasonable.

The mission modifiers are mostly fun, no real complaints here. I had some severe frame rate drops yesterday, especially on Nightmare Pavlov - Lua, but I saw that it was mentioned in the hotfix so I'm assuming that's probably resolved.

8 hours ago, -JT-_-R3W1ND said:

Mana drain is EXTREMELY fast. I dunno, what you really trying to do, but now its like "no ability" mod. There is almost no way to cast something, only you can do is drop pizza every 34 seconds for example of Loki. I don't feel like it good idea.

Yeah I noticed energy drain was stupidly fast, even seemed to get faster after casting zenurik where I thought it was at the very least supposed to slow drain down.  The level basically turned into a no energy run for me which is ok to a point but when you have builds based around using life strike or channelling weapons it can get rather annoying.

seemed okay, haven't played a lot of them. thx for bringing this missiontype back.

after doing the halloween event, i wonder if there could be some color overlay/saturation change or whatever is doing the dark halloween nightmarish style. would be nice to go in the "normal" nightmare mission and have a visual permanent indicator that you will have addiontal conditions, other then looking on the enemy level and the short pop up at the start. and i think is looks nice and would underline the theme of these mission type.

Vampire health drain should not start immediately on survival and defense missions. Should only start after hacking the panel in survival or after reaching def pod. Because it starts immediately you can be almost completely out of health before the first enemy even spawns in the mission. 

Friendly-fire mode might as well just be called Troll-mode. No one will play it on anything but solo because of griefers. Remove that mode from the game. 

Imo, the difficulty was amazingly toned down with something as simple as listing the nightmare modifier on starmap. Before we should build for whatever comes and adapt in mission, currently it's as simple as "oh, no shields, I'll take Inaros"; "friendly fire? better go solo or with friends"; etc. too easy to cheese

I'm a fan of the creative new hazards, with a few exceptions, as commonly noted already.

Friendly fire simply doesn't work for this type of game, and should effectively mean "solo play". That is because of troll players, give them a chance to disrupt other player's games, and they will do exactly that. I had one person in my alliance bragging shamelessly about how he kept destroying his cells with simulor and mirage like it was some accomplishment. Bottom line is, it's simply too much of a meta-hazard to fit in with the theme of the game.

Energy drain, as well, is also highly annoying. The drain rate is unbelievably fast, I'm estimating 10e/s, which essentially amounts to a "no energy hazard". And as the community has repeatedly stated in the past (nullifiers, low energy events), this is a highly punishing and frustrating way to play, and outclasses all other hazards in difficulty.