The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

1 hour ago, Arrjo said:

We all know that there will be that guy who will enable every single possible sound just to make your ears bleed.

I hope they will add option "ignore Bard's custom sequence/always use default sequence" so I won't have to mute sounds entirely...

I have my own music on when i'm gaming.

It doesn't matter what sounds they play it will all sound like 80's power ballads.

1 hour ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Given that most mission types require mobility, I'm not a fan of deployable-centric warframes which, by their very nature, favor static play.

This is exactly my concern. When I thought about the bard frame, especially after the step sequencer demo Steve has shown, I imagined fast paced combat with lots of movement. A Vauban-like kit however represents the opposite for me.

I think the idea of deplorables are OK, but throwing them out and that being most of the interaction with that ability... probably not.

Since its the beginning of the year this time, I would be OK with them taking a while to get this sorted out so we don't wind up with another Vauban rework after a bunch of years. And so we don't get another frame to make the discrepancy between Vauban(tap to throw) and Ivaras(tap to cycle) styles feel goofier.

And overall more time to work fun things into her kit without making her OP. (its always a good design philosophy to add power to the abilities and areas where it will feel the most fun (ult that are meant to be spammed) and take them away from the areas where you can afford (health/shields/armor  and maybe basic abilities like your 1,2,3).

Anyways, they seemed confused a bit on how to design so many cool things. Take some time, make more cool/fun things.

]\'[

I like vauban, but I don't think I want another vauban. I think bardframe should have more of a support role (kinda like D&D bards). 

Power Ideas include:

* a buff to attacks made to the beat of her music (could also just be a passive)

* the ability to reverse the players position and HP to where it was to a fiew seconds ago

* buff sprint speed and bullet jump based on the temop of the music

* an ability that is aimed like a remote observer that distracts enemies and makes them move closer to it

* an ability that has a similar aiming mechanic to mesas 4 that stuns and reduces the armor and shields of enemies (you can still move while casting this)

* an ability that makes enemies mosh in a large square in front of you for the duration (rad proc, disarm,  make them ignore players, and every time they hit each other they suffer knockdown/stun)

Scott said Wut?

That's a horrible idea, imo.

No God! Please No! NOOOOO!

No more deployables for the love of God. With Vauban's we have enough.

The Bard Frame even has speakers on its body!

The game has evolved and changed in many ways, it is really fast-phased to date. We don't need another Vauban in town.

As it's supposed to be a Musician Warframe and it seems to have some sort of speakers in its arms, etc. I was hoping for something like an Aura-Based Support with music included (Sona, Lucio).

Can you imagen Bard Frame having a deployable box with a Speed Buff around it?

Vauban has this deploy mechanic already and to be completely honest: I don't like it even a little bit.

I know there are people who like Vauban, he just doesn't work for me, so PLEASE! Don't do this to the new Bard Frame!

Edited by 0meg4x

Hey there!

So, in the last devstream (#85) , it was said that the current abilities of the next frame to be released, the "Bard frame", have been scrapped and the current idea is to make them vauban-ish, meaning only deployables, to which I have to say... PLEASE DON'T. Vauban, even after the rework, is close to being the most boring frame in the game due to all his abilities being basically the same. Throw a grenade, and S#&$ happens. 

I'm not saying having deployables is bad, per se, but making ALL abilities deployables? Please , no.

So, here is my idea for an ultimate (and yes, I know some people tend top dislike these kinds of ultimates...) : Give him an "exalted weapon" in form of what would basically be a "dubstep gun" (EDIT : I don't mean that literally, but to give people a basic idea. I simply mean a gun with pretty particle effects that changes behaviour depending on the composed beat) shooting in a way that is dependend on what you have composed on the step sequencer.

The idea is for the weapon to fire according to the beat; the faster the beat, the faster the firerate but the lower the damage per bullet; the slower the beat, the slower the firrate but the "bullets" will hit like a truck. The "power" of the beat could then be a balance between crit and status, or simply show in the visuals of the shots, which might be better, otherwise everyone would probably just go for whatever gave more crit.

You could even have one of the other abilities infulence the beat in some way with a change wheel like Ivara and Vauban have : One option speeds the beat up, one slows it down, one ups the bass, one tones it down (or instead of the bass change take something different). That way you could manipulate the song ingame to change the effects on all the frames other abilities on the fly.

What do you guys think?

Edited by ShikiRen

the theme of the frame seems to be closer to ochestra band member over dubstep, so when I was thinking about these things I saw a instrument like a tuba or trumpet, maybe a large string instrument like Sonja from League, though I will be severely disappointed if we don't get  guitar battle axe.

2 minutes ago, SilvaDreams said:

Design council can't make new topics in that area. Just vote or give ideas when they open up a topic for things.

Ok changed. But if there is a discussion open on the Bard frames abilities, posting this idea there would still be nice. I know they'll propably end with every Button throwing another deployable, but... those kinds of kits just seems to heavily disjointed, and sometimes even redundant. Like, Vauban now has quite a few more options but 99% of the cast is still simply the "best" greande, so Bastille or Vortex. They could easily fill all the deployable needs with a choice wheel for the Bard frame, then give him a beat-manipulation ability, and 2 other abilities that interact with the beat. Like in my idea, a beat-dependend exalted gun, or a CC abilitiy that makes enemies dance to the beat etc. etc.

6 minutes ago, zephyr_infinity said:

the theme of the frame seems to be closer to ochestra band member over dubstep, so when I was thinking about these things I saw a instrument like a tuba or trumpet, maybe a large string instrument like Sonja from League, though I will be severely disappointed if we don't get  guitar battle axe.

"dubstep gun" was more chosen because people immediatly know what type of weapon I think of. I don't want it to literally be one. Simply an exalted gun that changes behaviour depending on what you made with the step sequencer. Clarified it in the first post.

Edited by ShikiRen

I'm not really fond of the idea either....unless DE is letting us drop little speakers or boomboxes.  then maybe.

Plus unless i'm reading it wrong it sounds like they want it's song to play a part in it's abilities.  Which I thought they were specifically going to avoid doing.

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Knight Raime said:

I'm not really fond of the idea either....unless DE is letting us drop little speakers or boomboxes.  then maybe.

Plus unless i'm reading it wrong it sounds like they want it's song to play a part in it's abilities.  Which I thought they were specifically going to avoid doing.

No, having her song affect the abilities was something they wanted to do. 

as for the OP, I think that the concept is fine, and I don't really understand what is wrong with Vauban. Could you say that Ember's 3 and 4 is "Ember slams the ground with her fist and S#&$ happens?" It's the S#&$ that happens that defines the ability, not the animation attached to it.

Just now, ragingdeamon said:

No, having her song affect the abilities was something they wanted to do. 

as for the OP, I think that the concept is fine, and I don't really understand what is wrong with Vauban. Could you say that Ember's 3 and 4 is "Ember slams the ground with her fist and S#&$ happens?" It's the S#&$ that happens that defines the ability, not the animation attached to it.

Problem is, Vaubans abilities are also too similar, and additionally aren't too effective in non-sortie non-endless missions because enemies die before your abilities do much. Deployables tend to concentrate on "stay in one spot" playstyles, and we just had that on Nidus.

And my problem with vauban? #1 : Launch a grenade with pitiful damage with cc. #2 : launch a bouncer useless cause bullet jump exists, does pitiful damage, and pitiful cc. OR: launch tripwires that only cc OR launch a mine that does pitiful damage OR launch a mine with CC. #3 : Big AE CC that makes Abilities 1 and 3 of ability 2 largely useless; And lastly, #4 Which is , again, large AOE CC making all but one of his other abilities even more useless. Add to that that you, mostly, gain the same effect whether or not you cast bastille or vortex, and the fact that after energy efficiency it's really just personal preference whther you spam the one or the other, and you have a frame that does the same thing on every single ability with the only difference being that the first half of his abilities completely underperform and whether the ability also deals pitiful damage or not.

Now, compare that to other frames. Like your example, Ember. #3 is a pretty good AE CC with decent damage that leaves a damaging field behind. #4 is a continually damaging ability that runs until you disable it. Both of those abilities have distinct differences and situations where to use them, never mind one is good for more stationary stuff while the other helps when you are on the move. Vaubans 3 and 4 are mostly "cc enemies where they stand, or cc them at one point"; the effect is the same, you won't get hit. And due to their large area of effect they completely trump tripwire, lightning nades, concussion mine, and bounce pads, making sure you basically never cast those abilities once you have #3 and #4 unlocked.

Vaubans abilities are variations on a similar theme with no synergy at all. And I really, really do not like it. And well, I'm not saying there wouldn't be ways to make a whole range of deployable abilities interesting and diverse, it's just that they actually made Vauban this bland, and made his rework not much better that makes me worried they'll do it again if they make a similar concept. 

And before you ask what I'd have done to make Vaubans abilities more diverse... They could have given him a deployable Turret instead of more nades people need to step on. They could have given him a small deployable robot that works like a specter so he has something that helps when doing quick extermination runs. They could have given him a drone that takes an enemy and "mindcontrols" them aka taking over their robotics. *sigh*

End rant,

As someone who's played lots of bard characters in MMORPGs I believe I could like the Idea of using your instrument as a weapon. Would be an awesome nod to some old D&D RPGs, or AIONs utterly overpowered bard class. However I am also slightly 'afraid' that they might turn it into some kind of bastardchild between excalibur and vauban.

If the new warframe going to have buffs, I hope that they don't do anything when you turn off the game music lel

An interesting topic though everyone has to think on what they might do with this.Personally I don't mind it too much ,but it shouldn't be just all deployment.I think the deployments should be the first power and only first ,but have it like ivaras with four I don't mind vauban,but I really don't like how it feels like its backwards as far as deployment goes ,but if anything since it's sound it probably would be like equinox's third ability circle and be like a disc or ball you throw out.I don't mind it ,but she would kinda feel clunky and think of the frame rate on vauban.She would have it 3 times as bad so I think the first be the deployables and the rest be her imagine spamming a bard frame the system would have a hard time decyfering what's going on,so my opinion is have 4 deployables for first and the rest be her also i would kinda like it if other warframes danced not keep beat but dance and companions.Maybe bullets if the frame rate isn't bad.

P.S. pls make her not too squishy

15 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

PLEASE NO MORE EXALTED WEAPONS!! PLEASE NO

And exatly why is that? At least those abilities scale well, in case of the Bard Frame it would be incredibly unique because it would change depending on the beat, and if they made abilities that actually synergized with the exalted weapon for once, it is a really good type of ability instead of "press button, something happens". Way more interactive.