Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bard Warframe Speculation, Discussion and Feedback Thread

Zanoza-chan

46 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Well, there was that recent Tenno Tunes contest, having those be playable tracks would not be completely ridiculous, right? 

Theres a point. Even if we can load up tunes from our computer would be cool.

Just to clear up something:

6 hours ago, LightAlphaRat said:

but everything is ruined juste because they aren't synchronized!

DE have said that the idea behind this is that everyone's Bard is synced to a single beat. This is applied at the server level so when you start casting your abilities it will be automatically synched to that main beat, and so will every other frame's songs. You will never hear the songs out of beat from each other, and they will even start from the same point as each other.

So, according to the DevStream answer, even if you all cast at different times, the songs will all be in sync.

Anyone else play WF with the sound turned off?

I do and I am now wondering will this impact the way I use the Bard frame.

Also what do we know of Bard frames abilities or buffs (since we know it will be a caster frame, I assume buffs will be part of the package). 

I am tired of power strength buffs.

We need another frame that can increase enemy speed. Nova is the only one that can do it for an entire map. Unless I am wrong, please tell me who else can speed up enemy movement on a map level.

Equniox speed boost is lame.

Eh most of the time i have Warframe muted because it's a f2p grinder. So it's actually nice to have Netflix on a second tv while you chill in a survival with Ember and Nekki farming.☺

Farmed 100 odd cells among other things while watching season 1 of Luke Cage (definitely recommend this show).

So i don't think it will affect much of the Bardframe for ya in grinding and because of the way the abilities seem to animate. ☺

Edited by (PS4)Mofojokers

1 minute ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

Eh most of the time i have Warframe muted because it's a f2p grinder. So it's actually nice to have Netflix on a second tv while you chill in a survival with Ember and Nekki farming.☺

Farmed 100 odd cells among other things while watching season 1 of Luke Cage (definitely recommend this show).

So i don't think it will affect much of the Bardframe for ya in grinding and because of the way the abilities seem to animate. ☺

Off topic of Warframe, I definitely recommend Luke Cage also. I finished season 1 and really want a season 2.

On topic of Warframe, I can't play Warframe on mute, or, any game on mute. It bugs me, especially when playing a horror game or a highly competitive FPS where you have to listen carefully. Warframe is a game where these conditions rarely apply though.

I hope we can tell somewhat from the visuals how strong the beat is at a given moment. From the Step Sequencer here we can see each section affects one of her abilities:

So I assume you can modify the power level of each of the first three abilities individually, and they combine to form your full melody with the ultimate ("Amplifier" as seen in Devstream) probably boosting their effects while factoring in sounds from the environment.

I saw the Devstream...if you were able to make sense of that hot jumbled stream of random colors then more power to you. 

I know in the end it will be a matter of press 1, 2,3 or 4 and watch the power takes place. I just hope its not a thing that your powers are actually dependent on a musical beat that changes during the game.

I ask because this is the first frame that I am not 100% open and positive about in waiting for. 

I for some reason I have a sense of not just underperformance but frustration with Bard's possible powers.

I mean i have no clue what a "step sequencer" really does.  And really who is excited to listen to user generated beats. I am not interested in the musical trolling that will occur.

Hummm..musical trolling. Just saying it freaks me out.

It might just be that Nidus was really so freaking cool that logic says what immediately follows will not be as cool. 

Still, there is not much in the game I listen to (mostly due to the repetitive nature of Lotus). 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Mofojokers said:

I see your Luke Cage and raise you Jessica Jones!

Also, up to what level infested can ember handle before they become too much for her?

it wont affect you. you have 4 abilities that all look like buffs. 1 might be a debuf. you will use the default sound clips and every one will hate you for wasting there time and not having the decency to leech as loki and stealth revive another leach who was leveling a primary in a sortie

we should be able to mute the bard so we dont have to hear it at all in the options

Based on the dev video's I've seen of them using the bard frame I'm expecting the forum to be filled with complaints about how the powers are an eyesore etc. 

Have to say I'm personally not looking forward to the way they act on screen based on the devstreams...  It's not like we don't have enough visual 'flair' to overpower our view of the enemies already, especially in dark spaces with neon shades of colours on abilities or energy. 

On 2/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Are you reffering to the Day form's 2nd ability? If so, she does have a fantastic Augment mod for her 3rd that (in Night form) slows enemies, that you can bring to a crawling halt especially stacked with Nova's 4th. You can make a great melee build around that which really does works wonderfully.

But anyway, I still agree that would be cool to see more Warframes get abilities that affect enemies movements and animations. Even things like Nyx's passive that has a decent chance to disarm enemies, one of Ivara's 1st abilities (Noise Arrow), or Titania's 2nd ability (Lantern) are always welcomed additions too. Anything like that really lol.

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

On 2/10/2017 at 3:08 PM, (PS4)Exia0321 said:

Anyone else play WF with the sound turned off?

I do and I am now wondering will this impact the way I use the Bard frame.

Also what do we know of Bard frames abilities or buffs (since we know it will be a caster frame, I assume buffs will be part of the package). 

I am tired of power strength buffs.

We need another frame that can increase enemy speed. Nova is the only one that can do it for an entire map. Unless I am wrong, please tell me who else can speed up enemy movement on a map level.

Why play the game on Mute? The sounds are good...the in-game music is good as well but when bard frame comes out and we start hearing things like John Cena's intro (or any other annoying music peace) ill see your point there....

On 08/02/2017 at 6:01 PM, chaotea said:

So first of all, theres a radio in the orbiter, which i generally turn off because i find some of the voices annoying (some of it sound badly acted, other bit dont make sense. Why is the grineer soldier not talking in grineer?, ect.) Still thats my preference and its cool if you like 

Just google it. Grineer language is the same as English just the character set is different.

On 10/30/2016 at 3:15 PM, Zhoyzu said:

The process for obtaining new DC members is completely arbitrary and nets a significant amount of undesirables which devalues any input from DC and reduces DC influence to negligible. As of now DC is nothing more than a 12hr sneak peek and is no different that the regular forums or region chats. 

Well some of us on console do make good ideas.  like my dev noogle idea, or mako's customizable to loadaout and colors noogle. or my syndicate armor idea