Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Valkyr Prime design lore discussion

Cyborg-Rox

2 minutes ago, MarrikBroom said:

I always took the Primes to be 'we've iterated on the design before making the delux Prime version to show to the executors to greenlight the eventual mass produced design.

Primes should simply be the way the Orokin honored WFs that fought will in the war. It's the simplest and most logical explanation. Primes should be the decorated war hero

I doubt DE can hear any of this over the sound of money counters and cha-ching sounds.  Christmas is coming so therefore, Valkyr Prime!  The fact that there probably shouldn't be such is irrelevant when it comes to cashing in in time for the holidays!

6 minutes ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

SIMPLE FIX TO EVERYONES PROBLEMS

Alad Valkyr is an experimented on Valkyr Prime and Germ Valkyr is just what regular non prime Valkyr looks like, and Germ Valkyr was never touched by Alad. 

Not really a fix, because I still dislike the look of Valkyr P, I prefer if it even slightly resembles Germ Valkyr....

1 minute ago, williamwatsonMH4 said:

well, I'm talking about lore wise, that and if you like Valkyr but not the prime then just shove the germ skin on if you have it.

actually, the germ skin would merge with Valkyr prime, so you will get walker germ prime :D

Edited by williamwatsonMH4

This thread alone proves only one thing ..... not a single person has a solid grasp on Warframes lore.

I repeat something I said in another Valkyr Prime thread ... the only people that should ever mention the lore are DE. They are the only ones that know what's going on without adding wild speculation that will later be proven wrong. 

If I'd never seen the vanilla Valkyr, I definitely could believe that Gersemi was the normal version of Valkyr Prime. Look at the "tendon" structure of the torso and thighs. 

The exchange of Valkyr's Prime bling for wings and a tail, then for shackles that resemble the original Prime gear also makes perfect sense in-story. Compared to Primes which look pure and golden, normal warframes wear their organic composition more on their sleeves, figuratively. So "regular" Valkyr replaces her Prime ornaments with more animalistic features. Then the Corpus rebuild, like most of their work, is based on the original Orokin design. 

The Gersemi skin is more of a "rebuild" than it is a representation of the original, regardless of what the hell it's flavor text might say.  The helmets between base Valkyr and Gersemi only share their color, as base has a more floral petal thing going on, while Gersemi is more of a single solid piece with flanking "ears/wings."  Hard for me to believe any artist worth their salt would totally ignore the art design of the original in creating the "historically original" design.  Further, the arms are of different proportions, with the Gersemi arms being the thinner between the two skins (thin enough to suggest they're prosthetic limbs.)  She's still angry, surprised so many people actually let that one go.

Basically, Gersemi was a very loosely realized "original form" of Valkyr to begin with.  It basically adopted most of her silhouette, but the actual design fails to imitate the few reference points already available on the default Valkyr skin.

Finally, primes have always followed the design of the originals, lore be damned.  Do you really think we find Warframe parts just lying around and reassemble them?  Hell, The War Within...

Spoiler

Suggested that maybe we only have ONE warframe to a Tenno.  At least, that's what I got from it.

18 minutes ago, Ailissa said:

This thread alone proves only one thing ..... not a single person has a solid grasp on Warframes lore.

I repeat something I said in another Valkyr Prime thread ... the only people that should ever mention the lore are DE. They are the only ones that know what's going on without adding wild speculation that will later be proven wrong. 

No one has a grasp because they barely drop solid info, everything is a mystery, and it doesnt help that they retcon something with every lore update.

DE cant even tell you the lore cause they will change it again and again.

Originally it was cool that everything is a mystery but it became apparent that the reason there's a mystery at every corner is because there isnt anything else. They have to make it seem like there is something going because there is nothing.

And im talking as a player. This is how it appears as a player.

Spoilers ahead from The Second Dream!

Spoiler

Technically, this is legit - Although Gersemi Skin WAS Valkyr's Original Appearance, you might have forgotten that Alad V... has existed waaaaaay back during (hence Hunhow referring to him as Orokin) the Orokin Era, it would make sense that Valkyr Prime's appearance would resemble like the base Valkyr since Alad V has or most likely, experimented on both Prime and Non-Primed Variants. 

Comparing both of them, the Prime resembles the base Valkyr but is much more smoother and symmetrical, as opposed to the base Valkyr which is rather... disfigured due to being a lesser quality of the Valkyr Prime.

EDIT: If anything, Gersemi Skin would be the earliest known appearance of Valkyr, followed by Valkyr Prime and then base Valkyr.

Edited by Harowing

29 minutes ago, Harowing said:

Spoilers ahead from The Second Dream!

Hide contents

Technically, this is legit - Although Gersemi Skin WAS Valkyr's Original Appearance, you might have forgotten that Alad V... might have existed waaaaaay back during (hence Hunhow referring to him as Orokin), it would make sense that Valkyr Prime's appearance would resemble like the base Valkyr since Alad V has or most likely, experimented on both Prime and Non-Primed Variants. 

Compared both of them, the Prime resembles the base Valkyr but is much more smoother and symmetrical, as opposed to the base Valkyr which is rather... disfigured due to being a lesser quality of the Valkyr Prime.

Hunhow called Alad V an Orokin because he is of the same species as the Orokin, and as an alien life form with no comprehension or perhaps interest in the separation of social classes within humanity Hunhow does not see such distinctions as Orokin versus Corpus, he was just using the most familiar term he had for the human race, which would naturally be the extremely well known Orokin. 

As for Alad V possibly having an idea of what the original/prime version of Valkyr looked like, and possibly trying to model the more base addition of Valkyr (germesi) to further resemble that learned information, you might be onto something. 

Edited by Cubewano

When she got leaked in the game, i looked at her model and told myself "Is she based on her default skin?!", i then proceeded to ignore it because of how i hate being spoiled. Earlier this week, one of my clan mate showed me the prime bond accessory leak. And i freaked out.

Even worst, today while watching the devstream, i saw this:

yeeBuxj.png

Corpus prime? How can that be?

I hope i'm not the only one that is very annoyed with the Valkyr prime design. How can her corpus bits on her default skin be primed?? That doesn't make any sense. 

This is a mistake, please DE, redo the Valkyr prime model and do it right. I did not wait 2.5 years for this stuff. 

Edit: I'm talking about the corpus bits on her arms, as well as the prime bond. Sorry for the confusion.

Edited by Stoner74