Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Final 2016 Devstream!

[DE]Rebecca

14 minutes ago, Archwizard said:

In order of importance:

Since the last time you mentioned addressing “mandatory” mods like +damage and multishot, you’ve added Primed Point Blank and Riven mods to the game, which simply contribute to the issue. Have you officially gone back on plans to address these mods?

Have you been able to spare that programmer for Shield Gating yet? When can we expect it?

Any progress on the Limbo rework?

In the Reddit AMA, you were asked if you'd considered adding an extra color tint option for metals on the PBR Prime items (including the frames post-Nova Prime)... and Sheldon missed the point when he answered. Would someone else care to revise?

This

(unless for the PBR part.....)

With most of the primes this year getting trailers explaining the lore behind why they were created (saryn to fight infested, vauban to fight corpus) will Valkyr and the older primes such as Ash, Mag and Loki get this treatment in the future?

Hi my favorite couch sitting people. 

Once upon a time in a dev stream far far away there was talk about a fan concept Warframe that had a lot of love from Steve in particular, Typhus. Has the desire to put Typhus into the game remained or has he been cut up and divided his abilities into other frames (i.e. new infested frame/Inaros)? Clearing this up would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a bunch for adding the energy bar to the team health HUD.  It's been INVALUABLE to EV Trins everywhere.

On the subject of team health HUD, can we get the ability to see the stats on our cell's companions/sentinels (on a separate toggle if needed)?  That would make the Trinity-friendly HUD I've been looking for since I started playing.  XD

Thanks for all the awesome content this year; here's to hoping that 2017 continues the trend!

Edited by Yzjdriel

1. (To Scott) Any news about Limbos rework? How will Rift surge be reworked and will another ability takes the place of rift walk now that rift walk/banish are gonna be the same abilities?

2. When are the Bard and the Infested frames hitting live by the way? Any confirmed names yet or other ability ideas?

Thanks to everyone at DE for their hard work <3

Here are some questions:

1. When will Operation: The Index coming our way? IIRC you mentioned it would be coming after TWW launched.

2. Progress on Bardframe?

3. The recent changes on the Overlay-map are not appreciated by all players. Maybe we could have the option to customise the overlay map to our own preferences? (Opacity, Scale, ...)

4. Progress on Focus 2.0?

5. Progress on Spear-Gun?

Edited by Huthalion

8 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

Question: are you guys going to allow more control about how we can fashion our warframes? Like allow us to color separate pieces individually (armor and syandana) or turn off Prime parts to be able to properly use tennogen skins like Valkyr Graxx?

To credit Sovreign, and expand a little on this question and topic:  This has certainly been coming up before TWW's PC release ( and at various points was even (re)brought up on devstreams - understanding that immediate projects of importance (and fun!) like TWW needed to be handled, now that we've entered a place at the end of the year that's a little bit more of a learning / acclimation period, when can we expect ( in a general sense? ) to be able to colour separate armor pieces, syandanas, and the like on our frames?  U19.5?  U20?  Beyond?

Examples of topic discussion via Devstreams: ( Devstream 80, and Devstream 72 from April 1, 2016 )

With the disclaimer from DE

that riven mods take too much space, some space and bandwidth info I think would be interesting to know:

How much % of data storage when compared to other types of data, does the riven data consumes on server space? And on client-host communications?

How much each part of the player profile uses more server space, aka, is it true that more cosmetic frame and weapon configurations (ABC and a DEF) and frame and weapons mods configurations (ABC and a DEF) will greatly increase server space per player and data exchange per player?

How much data in kilobytes/mega and what kind of data is exchanged between players and DE server during a 30 min survival?

How much more processing would required for leaving bodies on the floor/permanent blood/goo/gore spots?

It was said that the changes on army of the dead and the casting time between turrets were made to prevent the game getting too slow or freeze, can we see some tests of that? How much data a single turret or a single shadow consumes in the pc processing?

Bonus:

How is the medium times that a player got a 75% discount? What is the longest time recorded within an active player account?

Stil no fix for:

- Armor from Loki bundle needs 2 color channels to color the "plate" parts the same color

- Kubrows and Kavats still don´t have vaccuum

- Carrier Prime still has double life and shields than most of the sentinels

- Back of Nyx default helmet is uncolorable with or without immortal skin, making it not match light/white colors choices for the frame

- Back of Excalibur default helmet is uncolorable with or without immortal skin, making it not match light/white colors choices for the frame

- Magnum Force is very underpowered when compared to heavy caliber or spoiled strike or even normal elemental pistol mods

Any update on separate accessory customization? I.e. being able to colour each independently of one another.

Any update on more appearance/mod config tabs? Seriously running out of space now with just A/B/C and all these cosmetics and mod additions popping up.

Archwing and Archweapon Slot Limitations

Telling us about the limitation on Archwing gear and slots to be bought for platinum 11 hotfixes into Specters of the Rail was NOT a solution to disingenuously sneaking it in without adequate, fair forewarning in the first place.

Relevant thread popularity banner and all, and second thread after the first was unjustly closed before the problem has been addressed.

What do you intend to do to give players a fair compensation or opportunity to acquire the free slots they could and often would have had grandfathered in if given proper notice of the change?

Unanswered Questions:

Polarisation and Forma

Q: Separate to the issue of relevelling after Forma use, will there be any change to Forma and Polarisation to avoid 'wasted' forma in future?

A lot of posters seem to bemoan the lack of Forma drops, while some like myself rarely end up using it at all because of the downsides of removing build flexibility. Is there any chance of a Polarisation quality of life change so we don't have to suffer our obsolete polarity builds when balance changes and new mods happen? Body Count and Blood Rush gave melees more reason to want Madurai slots, while the upcoming removal of 'mandatory' base damage and multishot mods might ruin heavily Madurai polarised guns. Times change, and while we have to relevel our gear for every Forma we use, even if less in the proposed new Mastery Rank relevance change, making our efforts, our time and our resources wasted is not a satisfying element of the game.

Here's my original thread on the subject and a solution, with more discussion from another player's similar suggestion here.

Another thread here as well. Threads keep popping up about new Forma, better Forma, different Forma on a regular basis. The system needs overhauling.

Now: We have 'lower limit' modding capacity, making it more comfortable to level weapons by using them after Forma.

However, some still recognise that there's a bigger issue than just "when do I get to use a polarised item again". The growing mod load with Primed and other high-drain mods demands a lot out of our very limited drain, as often do Sorties for most weapons to perform adequately. The user-unfriendliness of polarisation impacts negatively on flexibility and fun, and I doubt I'm the only one who tends not to use it where possible to not lock myself out of half my mod collection.

Ammo

Q: Is there a possibility of a more significant ammo rework to fix bugs and aid balance of several weapon classes?

With static ammo pickups and certain restrictions, high ammo consumption weapons often fall short, not in raw DPS which they compete evenly in, but because they just can't keep going for long before they're completely dry and relying on pickups/Restores. We also see such bugs as the Sniper+Castana ammo restriction issue, recently addressed by a half-application of my own suggestion for the issue overall, using Pistol ammo for 'special' secondaries but with a different actual restoration numbers.
My suggestion here attempts to address all of that, as well as opens up balance levers by allowing any ammo type to be used for secondaries. There's also a chance for this to bring currently unused Max Ammo mods up to a functional level by allowing them to improve ammo gained per pickup (while not making Mutation obsolete either).

Using Mod Ranks Below Fusion Level

Q: Why force users to potentially hold many mods of lesser fusion, instead of being able to use ranks up to the fused maximum?

This has been mentioned in passing at times, but it's still ridiculous that we can't have this quality of life with the current modding system. It seems like something that would be an inherent part of a system where drain ranges so wildly and precise values are so aggressively tweaked (Corrupted Mods, looking at you).

Can the data load of a handful of extra bytes per loadout (to identify the rank of the slotted mod to use) really be higher than the load involved with having an actual incentive to hold multiple mods all with their own fusion levels? Can it even be anything but a drop in the bucket in comparison to simply holding thousands of instances of mods?

Questionable Augments reviving Degenerate Gameplay

Q: What were you thinking with Resonant Quake and when will it be reworked to stop the repeat of Blind Mirage shenanigans?

Don't really need to say much about this - but I've seen a surge in threads about it. Resonant Quake Banshee is Blind Mirage with less energy efficiency. It removes the gameplay on single-tile maps, and energy restores allow it to be used near-indefinitely.

Things mentioned in a previous stream, but no changes yet seen:

Weapon Balance

Q: What changes might we see in the not too distant future to bring down outliers / bring up underperformers?

Hide contents

A lot of guns are completely outclassed in their field, such as the whole Gorgon family versus Soma. Since Mastery Rank Restriction appears to be tied less and less to the power grade of a weapon, is there any hope for more tightening of the 'tiers' of weapon power, as happened with such as the Supra among LMGs?

Players feel like weapons are often "missed" in a wave of buffs (e.g. secondary-shotguns as a whole during shotgun buff wave), or have suffered nerfs as outliers in the past (such as the Brakk and S.Gammacor) which may be outdated in today's Warframe. Are any of these on the radar for getting their fair share of buffs, or reversions of outdated nerfs?

Tonkor, Synoid Simulor and Launchers

Q: Can the Tonkor and Synoid Simulor get fair risk/reward rebalancing, and a tweak to r/r balance of other launcher and 'launcher' weaponry, to bring back legitimacy of using other weapons and especially other traditional launchers? (Changes said to be coming in the new year. Hopeful!)

Hide contents

More damage, more blast radius, less risk. The Tonkor is an obvious outlier, and not even locked behind a high MR. Its no-worry, highest-damage nature while also being AOE means that it detracts from the contribution of other Tenno in a squad. Like a fully modded Ember Prime running through Mercury, people barely get to play the game in comparison. Usage statistics speak for themselves - almost every Sortie, and even most Void missions still feature at least one Tonkor.

Here's a long thread of arguments for and against.

Personally, I would prefer not removing self-damage from other launchers almost-entirely to bring them to the Tonkor's level. Part of the fantasy of using explosive ordnance is Danger Close - don't be reckless and hit yourself.

However, the self-damaging paradigm at the moment appears to be lower base damage, but full mod scaling. This brings untriggered ordnance launchers such as the Ogris into a position where they pose a greater risk to the user than to enemies, and because of a lack of optional detonation, mistakes are guaranteed to be deadly to the player.

I'd suggest the following to start with:

- As per the Elytron Archwing, grant a UI element projectile beacon for launcher weapons to help guard against mistakes (and helps triggered explosives be used more effectively).

- Alter the paradigm of self-damage so that players (with appropriate effective health mods) are protected from instant suicide until much closer to an upper limit on modding for power than current functionality.

- Give the Tonkor this tamer, more balanced self-damage.

Edited by EDYinnit

Yes! I can't wait! LoL

Questions:

#1: Back in october in The Vacuum Within, You said "Kubrows/Kavats are not off the table." Does this means Vacuum is going to be implemented to Companions any time soon?

#2: My Hype for the Musician Warframe is so strong I just can't wait to know more about it, can you tell us What kind of role is she going to represent?

#3: I recall reading that the upcoming Infested Warframe is to be released this year. That was said back then, but... Right now, How true is this?

#4: What happened to the "Exoskeleton Sentient"?

And the Focus related huge arm weapon thing?

And "This sentient can only can be defeated by this huge weapon"?

#5: What is the plan for Arcanes?

One: Unable to run the same two Arcanes on another Warframe which is not fair xD.

Two: This is what hurts me the most... I can not FashionFrame as hard as I would like because of them.

Edited by 0meg4x
Add some Questions.