Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Devstream #85 Overview

AM-Bunny

1 hour ago, NearoC said:

all previous mutagen things were already trivial, that's not really an issue.

As a new player, with zero starting mutagen samples, and an irregular drop rate of 0-2 from even the best places to farm mutagen samples-- I would disagree.

I hear people bandy about "run full team nekros, descrate, hydroid, special tentacle build and mass resource drop boosters" and occasionally "smeeta kavat with resource drop mod" (which has a very low proc rate) but none of these recommendations are valid for a new player who isn't playing with plat to spare.

Because if I had the plat, rather than spending it on the resource boosters, I'd just buy the hema direct.

So not getting a damage buff? To alleviate the use of same ole crap like serration/hornets strike/ pressure point..but getting harder enemies? Meh

How bout no more forced archwing missions for major quests...

Or making the game less linear..

Or banshee prime???

Edited by (PS4)big_eviljak

Damage 3.0 equals Rivens becomming the new Meta meaning enemy and damage scaling will go up and Enemy 2.0 sounds like more nullifiers, sentients, bursas will come our way.

I was worried when Rivens showed up. How do you counter it from a enemy point of view? 

By giving enemies Rivens of their own? This enemy must be killed with headshots while aimgliding, but will 1shot you if he aims at you for 1.5 seconds.

Is not a new enemy tier harder to do than to Edit the mod system we do have? 

5 hours ago, AM-Bunny said:

• Damage 3.0 is still very uncertain, now it sounds as though the devs aren't committing to removing Serration/mandatory mods -- it may introduce new tiers of enemies rather than altering  player's loadouts

Right, because loadouts totally aren't the issue. Can't wait for more invincible CC-spamming ability-nullifying cheese sponges.

55 minutes ago, CarrotSalad said:

Would anyone be so kind as to provide screenshots of the earth tile set before and after the gfx update?

[DE]Steve has been posting them on his twitter mostly:

https://twitter.com/sj_sinclair/status/817139863967436802

BTW that before and after shot looks insane, It took me a while to realize it was actually the same location from the same angle, epic job :D

--Edit to fix twitter link, embed thingy dosn't display right in my browser at least
Edited by enizer

7 hours ago, Maziani said:

As a new player, with zero starting mutagen samples, and an irregular drop rate of 0-2 from even the best places to farm mutagen samples-- I would disagree.

I hear people bandy about "run full team nekros, descrate, hydroid, special tentacle build and mass resource drop boosters" and occasionally "smeeta kavat with resource drop mod" (which has a very low proc rate) but none of these recommendations are valid for a new player who isn't playing with plat to spare.

Because if I had the plat, rather than spending it on the resource boosters, I'd just buy the hema direct.

What are you even trying to get at it? It's like you read my post then replied to someone else.

I didn't say Mutagens were common, I said not much used them. Tell me what you think was an at all notable mutagen sample sink prior to Hema? What would be majorly effected by an increase in drop on them.. an INCREASE, that would somehow be notably easier to get that wasn't already easy?

Your entire post runs unrelated to what I was talking about. I wasn't talking about farming mutagens at all, I was talking about how it wasn't NECESSARY to farm them, not that you wouldn't need to with meta frames or whatever else lol.

40 minutes ago, Naith said:

Yeah it was pretty much nothing and slightly overhyped...

I hoped it was a community ITEM, like a social hub, operators relay or something. 

I am happy for DE that they are able to host another con though. 

2 hours ago, NearoC said:

I was talking about how it wasn't NECESSARY to farm them

For an established player, I understand why would you say this.

As a new player, you need at least 410 mutagen samples to get everything. There may be more than that, the wiki isn't 100% up to date. I know for sure that the Nidus warframe requires mutagen samples but it's not listed there.

At a minimum of 5 minutes per sample (and I think that's generous, as I frequently get 2-3 per 20 minutes in ODD or ODS) that's just over 34 hours.

I would not call that trivial. Not even if you split that amongst a small group of friends. It's still hours. (Without boosters, specialty party setups, or just skipping the grind with plat.)

If you think that's trivial, then I propose that you've forgotten what it is to be a new player.

53 minutes ago, Maziani said:

At a minimum of 5 minutes per sample (and I think that's generous, as I frequently get 2-3 per 20 minutes in ODD or ODS) that's just over 34 hours.

That's a much lower rate than my experience, even solo without any boosters or loot frame I'd expect to get a sample every two minutes on average.

1 hour ago, Maziani said:

For an established player, I understand why would you say this.

As a new player, you need at least 410 mutagen samples to get everything. There may be more than that, the wiki isn't 100% up to date. I know for sure that the Nidus warframe requires mutagen samples but it's not listed there.

I would not call that trivial. Not even if you split that amongst a small group of friends. It's still hours. (Without boosters, specialty party setups, or just skipping the grind with plat.)

If you think that's trivial, then I propose that you've forgotten what it is to be a new player.

As a new player you should get that 410 just while playing the game. For example when you farm for corrupted mods you are bound to find some samples, it's not like you need all of them at same time either. It really is trivial when you get more experienced and are willing to grind properly for a bit to do it fast.

25 minutes ago, ViS4GE said:

As a new player you should get that 410 just while playing the game. For example when you farm for corrupted mods you are bound to find some samples, it's not like you need all of them at same time either. It really is trivial when you get more experienced and are willing to grind properly for a bit to do it fast.

No where near. I have 3000+ hrs in the game and have 3000 samples and when I started playing the game the derelict was a levelling spot. A new player is not going to acquire that amount of samples just by playing the game I'm afraid.