The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Coming Soon: Special Enemy & AI Devstream #87

[DE]Rebecca

Regarding AI:

Kubrows and Kavats still have pretty lackluster AI. I would appreciate even a simple mechanic of, "the companion patrols around any waypoint you place," being added to them.

Regarding Kubrows/Kavats in general:

When will we see them get some form of looting mod, like Vacuum? You made it clear you were considering the idea, then pretty much just never mentioned it again. I haven't forgotten and I still hold to the idea that you should give them a slightly improved form of Chesa's looting mod, and giving Chesa something similar to Carrier's new ammo mutation mod (IE: it steals guns from enemies and gives you the ammo).

1 minute ago, Chipputer said:

Regarding AI:

Kubrows and Kavats still have pretty lackluster AI. I would appreciate even a simple mechanic of, "the companion patrols around any waypoint you place," being added to them.

Regarding Kubrows/Kavats in general:

When will we see them get some form of looting mod, like Vacuum? You made it clear you were considering the idea, then pretty much just never mentioned it again. I haven't forgotten and I still hold to the idea that you should give them a slightly improved form of Chesa's looting mod, and giving Chesa something similar to Carrier's new ammo mutation mod (IE: it steals guns from enemies and gives you the ammo).

ALL of this ^

Why is it that you guys continue to shove conclave events and content at us despite the OVERWHELMING majority of the community not only not enjoying it, but full on hating it- and to boot not fixing any of the issues that cause such a negative reaction before doing so?

TL;DR: Why keep intentionally forcing stuff (conclave) onto us that you KNOW we all hate?

1.) The current state of Warframe's energy economy and the accessibility of energy restoration has resulted in gameplay and a meta profuse with ability spam. While ability nullification does something to counter the largely unbalanced energy system, ability use is a large part of Warframe's identity, and a large part of what attracts many players to the game. Furthermore, nullification can result in situations that players perceive to be largely unreasonable or irritating. How open is DE to the idea of reworking/balancing the energy system to naturally limit ability use instead of implementing situational restrictions such as nullifiers? A possible approach would be to remove or restrict all of the energy-use altering mods and energy replenishment mechanics currently in place and instead implement innate energy regeneration for each Warframe. Such a change would promote the smarter use of abilities. Players would occasionally have to choose a best course of action instead of simply spamming all four abilities, and there would be no need for nullifiers.

2.) Warframe has a great variety of enemy units. However, the majority of enemies are re-cycled versions of a few unique models, often with aura abilities slapped on. While auras may be intended to create challenge and stimulate players, aura effects lack the mechanical complexity or responsiveness that abilities do. Players often find themselves dying to a toxic aura coming from an enemy in the next room over, or dealing with a hoard of super enemies augmented by a rainbow of auras. The only real options players have are to kill the aura unit quickly or run away. Are there any plans to move away from blanket auras and towards more precise abilities and predictable behaviors that can be avoided, obstructed, and possibly countered?

3.) A while ago, DE invested in interchangeable parts for the Corpus Comba and Scrambus units, implementing the first truly interchangeable enemies. The infested are often viewed as the least developed of the three main enemy factions, especially due to their lack of unit diversity. Furthermore, many of the infested models were created a a time when the lore of the infested was very limited. Recent developments have indicated that the Infestation is much more conscious and controlling than previously thought. The infestation seems to gain control over its form as it progresses. As such, it would make sense for the infested enemies encountered in heavily infested areas to demonstrate much more purposeful, crafted, and useful looking designs. Is a completely revamped infested faction- with units that are heavily randomized and more purposeful/predatory in design- a possibility for the future? 

Edited by Jamescell

Why the do most enemies that have a special ability use their ability the moment they get aggro. E.G 3 scorpions come along and they all aggro so they all try to grapple you at that moment or a commander switch teleporting you the moment they see you with no way to counter it(which is bs btw because no element of skill can be used to counter this and in high level this basically means death).

Like why not make them only use the grapple if you start running away from them like how heavys only slam the ground when you get near them. Hell even shield Lancers act similarly so why should grapples be any different especially when they're near damn impossible to dodge. 

This has been on my list of questions for a while
Can we get the ability to command our pets and sentinels to use their powers... I'm sorta tired of shade or a huras stealthing me AFTER I killed everyone.

Why are Heavy Gunners and Bombard's 'gound slam' unstoppable .. is that part of the AI ? Cuz I shouldn't have to use paralyze on them 4 times because they are invincible during it.

Edited by Dragonofdarkness13

Hello guys !

1/Will the sergent and ambulas be reworked in the future ? When I fight them, it's like to fight normal ennemies with more HP. I would love too see more boss fight like Kela de thayme it's so fun ! 

2/ Will we have more gigantic boss like Jordas and Lephantis in future update ? 

Thanks for reading and for all your amazing work DE !  :) 

I think there needs to be a system where we can for say 5 plat reset your frame or weapon to "Foundry Default" where all forma and potatoes are taken off and and the frame is set to Unranked. The potatoes and and forma are not lost and returned to the player. This is for players like myself that after using forma for something then having that changed would like to "fix" it without putting in MORE forma. ex. i had forma'd my Frost Prime to function with only snow-globe when abilities still had mod cards(this was 5 forma) but now that this has changed and frost's abilities have changed(not by much) i would like to have the option to change his polarities without adding More forma. Now i'm not saying reset then be allowed to put all those forma back on right away, no i'm saying RESET the frame so i have to rank it to 30 for every forma again and i believe this would balance it out. Thank you for your time and consideration and if you could address this in the next live stream i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you again and have a nice day.

SoulHunter2008

Will you be fixing the Grineer "Scorch" enemy on console any time soon? More specifically Xbox One? (Not sure if Playstation has the issue.) I did a mobile defense mission the other day and a single scorch enemy destroyed the objective in seconds along with two of my teammates. The Ignis they are equipped with can also damage through walls and kill tenno in the path of their fire if they are engaging another faction in a nearby tileset. These have been issues with this specific enemy for several updates now, but have not been addressed.

1.  Sapping ospreys do absolutely ridiculous damage, especially at higher levels, it's not particularly fun to be one-shot (or take huge amounts of damage) because you happened to graze one of the huge static fields all over the map. Can something be done about them?
  2.  I love my Kavat, but two things annoy me to no end: I can't stealth with my kavat, it randomly goes berserk and slaughters everything when I'm trying to remain stealthy and keep my stealth kill chain going. Something like being able to look at them and press x for aggressive/passive would be nice. The second thing is vacuum, I'd like vacuum outside of using a sentinel; I used to play with carrier prime because the ammo conversion was incredibly useful, vacuum was also great but in a QoL kinda way, it's not gonna give anyone a serious tactical/strategic advantage over the enemy, but adding vacuum to a pet that tends to run away quite far from you feels kinda unreliable, so why not just add vacuum passively to all warframes?
  3.  Can you do something about credit gain in general? It's always credits that stop me from doing things, I'm always running low on them, getting large amounts of them is extremely tedious and boring; for example I need around 7 million credits just to get my remaining priority mods up to max rank, at the moment I can get about ~500k in an hour with a dedicated team and just straight-up farming for credits (no booster), 14 hours wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't so incredibly boring for so little gain. My suggestion would be to boost credit gain in missions that can't be farmed, like alerts of invasions, making them very worthwhile to go on. Or perhaps some kinda sortie style chain of missions for resources/credits.
  4. Can the time to build forma be reduced? or allow us to build multiple at once?

Just now, Mossflower said:
  1.  Sapping ospreys do absolutely ridiculous damage, especially at higher levels, it's not particularly fun to be one-shot (or take huge amounts of damage) because you happened to graze one of the huge static fields all over the map. Can something be done about them?
  2.  I love my Kavat, but two things annoy me to no end: I can't stealth with my kavat, it randomly goes berserk and slaughters everything when I'm trying to remain stealthy and keep my stealth kill chain going. Something like being able to look at them and press x for aggressive/passive would be nice. The second thing is vacuum, I'd like vacuum outside of using a sentinel; I used to play with carrier prime because the ammo conversion was incredibly useful, vacuum was also great but in a QoL kinda way, it's not gonna give anyone a serious tactical/strategic advantage over the enemy, but adding vacuum to a pet that tends to run away quite far from you feels kinda unreliable, so why not just add vacuum passively to all warframes?
  3.  Can you do something about credit gain in general? It's always credits that stop me from doing things, I'm always running low on them, getting large amounts of them is extremely tedious and boring; for example I need around 7 million credits just to get my remaining priority mods up to max rank, at the moment I can get about ~500k in an hour with a dedicated team and just straight-up farming for credits (no booster), 14 hours wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't so incredibly boring for so little gain. My suggestion would be to boost credit gain in missions that can't be farmed, like alerts of invasions, making them very worthwhile to go on. Or perhaps some kinda sortie style chain of missions for resources/credits.
  4. Can the time to build forma be reduced? or allow us to build multiple at once?

I've recently been informed that an endurance run of The Index (with the maximum buy-in and a win) should yield around 400k.

Since enemy AI is - for the most part - "run at the Tenno and shoot in their general direction," and we already have commander units for factions (techs and...commanders), mayhap Grineer/Corpus units could gain a tactics boost when in range? Better accuracy, spreading out to avoid CC, that kind of thing. 

The only thing keeping me Hyped in this WHOLE game right now is Excalibur Umbra.. and even the Umbra topic has dissapeared from Forum Topics.

Simply put.

WHEN ARE WE FINALLY GONNA HAVE waaaait just a moment... read it clooosely EXCALIBUR UMBRA!!!

not any other kind of Umbra,that would be cool but.. where is OUR version of excalibur

Will bombards get a fire-rate nerf, give their rockets a light up effect when in flight so we can see them because the smoke trail doesn't help, and have enemy attacks that fire tracking projectiles (bombards included) be removed from the game.

also will you please add all these event exclusive enemies (nightwatch grineer) in-game instead of throwing in one year only events

Edited by Banansa47

Kubrow Kavat

Are we going to get commands soon? I'm talking about Guard, follow, loot or something.

Sentinel

Are we going to be able to set targeting priority for sentinels like, attack ancients only or a set of enemies from a list or... attack all nullifier bubbles?