Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What melee riven mods are you looking forward to?

(PSN)CaptainIMalik

Galatine and Nikana. even though they will almost certainly have a faint disposition, I enjoy these weapons too much to not get a Riven for them. I won't be paying the inevitable 800p+ prices people will inevitably ask for them though, I'm just going to see what Rivens I get and keep what I want.

Machete Rivens will also be important: this could be the ONLY chance we have of getting those terrible weapons to be somewhat usable, and the Machete Wraith is one of the best-looking Blades in the game IMO.

I do not think that Rivens for melee would work in the same form we have for guns. There are far far too many completely worthless melee weapons out there, that I would not touch even with an OP Riven, like all the Longswords no one every plays with.

For melee, Riven mods would work best for classes instead. Like Longsword Riven, or Polearm Riven. Although they may need some tweaking on equip.

If it's just going to be more damage and range, none of them.

Why couldn't Riven mods give weapons unique effects instead of just something that can be obtained through another mod?  That goes for all Rivens, not just melee ones.  It's a huge grind that's made even worse thanks to RNG and all it's going to do is make the overpowered melee weapons even more so.

Rivens were a mistake.

As a Melee player i'd love to see the Melee Rivens in general, been waiting too long for those.

But to the question : Dual Kamas Prime, Tonbo, Fang Prime, Venka Prime, Nikana Prime (yeah its already really good but i enjoy it), Galatine Prime (yeah its already good too, but i'd love more crit/atk speed to not depend on berserker/bloodrush/bodycount).

Nikana/Dragon Nikana (hope they make the same riven for both, so we can choose which one we use)
Redeemer (+multishot, +attack speed)
Galatine (+attack speed, +crit)

Also hope that they add in the roll attributes like +Lifesteal while channelling (lifestrike), +Health on status hit (healing return), +combo duration, +crit/status% based on combo multiplier

Atterax. Because those pesky lvl 200 bombards won't go down soon enough!!

In all seriousness, would love to get a riven for the Dex Dakra, Ether daggers, Ether reaper, Ether sword and Dual Ether. Because these are seriously beautiful but utterly useless higher up in the starchart.

33 minutes ago, Etan-gK said:

we don't need it

I really wished people would stop using that non-argument. It's absolutely counter-productive and meant only to stop a discussion dead in it's tracks.

Look, if we're going that way: you don't NEED games, any games, to survive. So why play them? There is a serious clemload of stuff we don't actually NEED but which do make life a lot better. I don't NEED sauce on my crisps to make em good, it just makes them better.

We don't need melee rivens because SOME melee are absolutely OP? Then I would like to invite you to a melee only void survival, say an hour, you bring an Ether Reaper, I'll bring a Galatine. Tell me afterward how the reaper would NOT benefit from a riven.

"but we don't need a hour lo..."

Let me stop you right there bud. We don't need to play this game at all remember? But when we do play it it should be for fun. And some people happen to like going on long missions. Not because they need to but because they want to. 

You didn't need to comment on this forum. You didn't need to come to the forums. You don't even need a PC. Yet here we are... What was your argument again...?