Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Limbo Rework Discussion and Feedback

Hrodgrim

8 hours ago, PsiWarp said:

A little bit of news about Banish on allies:

The question and answer in this context are fine by me, but considering there is also AoE Banish changes to factor into the rework, I really hope there will be something done to make teammates' lives a little easier with a Banish-happy Limbo around.

The backflip is to escape Volt's speed. It's a simple roll to get out of the Rift currently

8 hours ago, General_Durandal said:

I'll just assume you only read the "it's dumb" comments, (that give no reason to why)

and non of the, "it's bad because" comments. (that explain why it's bad and how they could fix it)

You assume wrong.

Before you said that you also replied to me here after I explained a concept that could fix it :) I guess you forgot we've spoken on this topic before.

12 hours ago, main_antagonist said:

12 hours ago, DarkOvion said:

The limit isn't for peoples computers, it's the load on THEIR servers.

1 hour ago, main_antagonist said:

I'm pretty sure that's wrong, when you're in a squad there is a host who acts as the server that's why when the host leaves you get a migration.

28 minutes ago, DarkOvion said:

Go watch the video.

Why would I need to watch a video about something I can just screenshot to explain it to you like this? Within my total usage being 19% cpu, 50% memory it's clear that warframe is using these computer resources the most not the network.

50% of my memory/RAM isn't even being used by warframe I've got other programs open while playing the game. 12gigs of ram and it says warframe is using 1.5gig.

If you were right that the game runs from the network and that having a Limbo use stasis for projectiles is going to be a burden for their servers then my network usage would be very high.

Multiplayer PVP has dedicated servers, Multiplayer PVE uses a host from the squad peer to peer networking so as long as the game can run it client side it wouldn't have much of an impact if any on the network usage hope this helps you understand how the game works :) 

(PVE = players vs everything)

(PVP = Player vs player)]

An explanation about networking for games can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_server

Edited by main_antagonist
Ram explained more.

Too many people are equating limit with the proposed overload, they are not the same thing.

I fully support a limit and understand why that limit needs to be in place. I am vehemently against the overload mechanic because it will cripple Limbo. 

Limbo's rework looks really promising in the new devstream, but how does his Banish affect allies now? Since it's AoE now, will you banish your allies along with enemies? Can allies get the dodge shift into the void passive that Limbo has for the duration of the banish buff?

How was Cataclysm changed again? With the new "Time Freeze" ability, Cataclysm seems underwhelming and "Time Freeze" seems more like the ultimate ability.

On 2/19/2017 at 10:45 AM, -Amaterasu- said:

The limit exists so potatoes can handle it so it's not going to go whether you like it or not, as for the downsides as long as they implement some way to tell when you're near your limit (maybe some sort of obvious visual effect) then I don't see any problem with it since the duration on his being in the rift seems to be indefinite now (if it costs energy it will probably be channeled since the transition is a roll) there will at least be a fair way for him to go down.

Shadows of the dead is now trash because of the "do not kill potatoes" arguement. I think DE is holding back good ideas or things on purpose and using this as an excuse, OR they are being held back by low spec computers and consoles. DE needs to up the system requirements. This game is almost 4 years old, and the hardware then was much worse than now. It is 2017 and although I understand not everyone can upgrade, but it is holding back potential for DE with Earth Remaster and such. 

Catabubble remain as it is, but deals more damage on cast and explosion and stuns on contact. Time freeze works only in rift and with catabubble you can cover a lot of enemies, more than banish. Also you can protect targets that cant be banished like excavs, pods, consoles.

I won't know for certain until I have hands-on time with the rework, but it does appear to be a sortie-defense-Limbo nerf by making banish an AoE.

On the surface, I do like DE's choice to move his 2 to a roll activation.

It'll make Limbo less vulnerable to attack by removing the movement stoppage in the original skill.

So another question, and maybe the root of my concern over the "roll to Rift Walk." It is not clear to me which of the following is the case (or if any are the case):

1. When you roll, you do a somersault into the rift (e.g., it's like a normal roll, but it carries you into the rift)

2. Limbo can no longer roll, but instead does some sort of different animation and enters the rift.

The reason for my concern is that I use Rift Walk to bypass security systems. I do not want the warframe to move at all when I'm doing that, because all it takes is a bit of lag or not-quite-finished animation to roll through a laser and set it off. 

2 hours ago, (Xbox One)CannyJack said:

So another question, and maybe the root of my concern over the "roll to Rift Walk." It is not clear to me which of the following is the case (or if any are the case):

1. When you roll, you do a somersault into the rift (e.g., it's like a normal roll, but it carries you into the rift)

2. Limbo can no longer roll, but instead does some sort of different animation and enters the rift.

The reason for my concern is that I use Rift Walk to bypass security systems. I do not want the warframe to move at all when I'm doing that, because all it takes is a bit of lag or not-quite-finished animation to roll through a laser and set it off. 

From the video it appears as though Limbo does a 3m to 4m dash when entering or exiting the rift.

As long as you're in the rift before bypassing security lasers you should be alright.

On 20/2/2017 at 1:09 AM, Echorion said:

It looks like a lot of fun but I don't see how a complicated set of abilities that let you freeze and kill some enemies is any better than a character that can do that in a more simple and effective way.

Because Limbo actually has a skill cap, than brainlessly spamming 4 on frost? xD