Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

40 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

The Sword is called King Arthur

It's based on the Soviet Russia version where Excalibur pulls King Arthur from the stone.

Or the Stone is Excalibur, the sword is King Arthur, and Excalibur Umbra is warframe. Excalibur is stealing King Arthur (sword) from Excalibur (stone). It's like Excalibur-ception, Soviet Russia style. How many level do you want to delve into?

Edited by (PS4)A_SimpleName

so wow the tennocon stuff huh.

i admit i never saw them taking on a challenge like the planes of eidolon.

im curious to see how this shapes the game going forward. will we end up with more open world spaces of varying styles and locations?

i feel like that would allow much richer sense of story and connected state of the galaxy.

it would make it easier to breathe life into the game.

make it feel like the universe moves.

what do you think about it?

umbra.

i tend to feel like the odd gal out on this one as i dont care about excal umbra beyond the lore bits.

im still not sure what to think.

but i may be misinformed on how umbra will work if we were told anything.

if its just excals powers ill pass on using it i expect.

Your thoughts?

HARROW

harrow. i really want harrow. i think he looks cool and i like his concept alot.

plus im really keen to get the lore with his quest.

so far ive enjoyed pretty much every quest for warframe, the more lore the heavy the better.

as pc people may respond to this please no spoilers for harrow quest.

Plains of Eidolon has me hyped. The Sentient coming out of the ground at the end was very Shadow of the Colossus. Can't wait to kill one.

Also, I believe they've already said they plan to do more open-world zones with other tilesets. Some of the Corpus planet-side tilesets (Europa, Venus) would make good candidates. Maybe Mars as well.

I've always been sort of neutral on Umbra, because while it certainly looks cool, it hasn't really meant anything in the context of the game, because there hasn't been any context. That said, it sounds like The Sacrifice will be delving into what (or perhaps who) the warframes are--and that does interest me. So I'm pretty excited for it in that capacity.

Chains of Harrow was really cool. A lot of good lore, and some really good characterization in the form of Rell. Parts of it are a touch repetitive--there's 3 missions or so that basically follow the exact same gameplay pattern--but the dialogue and such helps hold it up. There's also a part that involves using the Operator in combat, which may frustrate you or not depending on how much you like the Operator; regardless, it's pretty forgiving, as any progress you make in between deaths/retries is saved.

18 minutes ago, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

as pc people may respond to this please no spoilers for harrow quest.

In the Harrow Quest you play as The Ashen One who must go on a quest to uncover the 4 elemental crystals in order to stop Bowser from obtaining the One Ring.

sorrynotsorry.

1 minute ago, NinthAria said:

Plains of Eidolon has me hyped. The Sentient coming out of the ground at the end was very Shadow of the Colossus. Can't wait to kill one.

Also, I believe they've already said they plan to do more open-world zones with other tilesets. Some of the Corpus planet-side tilesets (Europa, Venus) would make good candidates. Maybe Mars as well.

I've always been sort of neutral on Umbra, because while it certainly looks cool, it hasn't really meant anything in the context of the game, because there hasn't been any context. That said, it sounds like The Sacrifice will be delving into what (or perhaps who) the warframes are--and that does interest me. So I'm pretty excited for it in that capacity.

Chains of Harrow was really cool. A lot of good lore, and some really good characterization in the form of Rell. Parts of it are a touch repetitive--there's 3 missions or so that basically follow the exact same gameplay pattern--but the dialogue and such helps hold it up. There's also a part that involves using the Operator in combat, which may frustrate you or not depending on how much you like the Operator; regardless, it's pretty forgiving, as any progress you make in between deaths/retries is saved.

tip tip example of giving me harrow tidbits and not spoiling it at all! thank you for that 

i adore the lore so i feel ill be fine. games by nature are repetitive at some point along the line no matter what they are.

9 minutes ago, JSharpie said:

In the Harrow Quest you play as The Ashen One who must go on a quest to uncover the 4 elemental crystals in order to stop Bowser from obtaining the One Ring.

sorrynotsorry.

NOOOOOO!!! What will I do with all these dragon bones I've been collecting to build Voltron with?

Addendum: Chains of Harrow is also spooky as hell. This was probably obvious from the teaser material, but...yeah. DE wasn't kidding when they said Chains of Harrow was basically the opposite of Octavia's Anthem. It's dark, it's moody, and some really freaky stuff goes down. Prepare yourself in whatever way is appropriate to your taste (or distaste) in horror.

Also, if you're planning on buying Harrow straight out instead of farming for him, make sure to do so before you finish the quest, as there's a free melee riven in it for you if you have Harrow already.

1 minute ago, (PS4)StellarPotato said:

if thats the case, then its sooner then i thought. its summer now.

In many videos about Eidolon. you can read in the description : Late summer

Also DE steve confirm than PoE will be sooner from what we think!

10 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

But wouldn't a quest on a pre-existing tileset (Lua) be easier to implement than the Plains of Eidolon? Unless of course the quest takes us there as well.

It's a cinematic quest. They have to mocap scenes, write and rewrite scripts, make new tiles and such. It's not just a "oh, we have lua already, let's release immediately" The way it looks, their full attention would be going towards PoE because it's the bigger resource hog and they's want to get it in our hands first since it looks more complete than umbra currently. 

1 minute ago, (Xbox One)OTF SERENiTY said:

They must have been covertly working on PoE for a very long time if it is expected to drop late summer. 

I wonder how this hasn't been leaked at all.

because they are deleting all of the datamining when they come out, good luck to find some :v

Well we don't have a stronger version to Lato , lato vandel was an exclusive Lato prime of course is a founder exclusive, why can't there be a Lato umbra ? And his "signature" weapons will be in the prime vault by the time he' out plus most people have a nikana and spria prime so why would they want two when they buy  his acess pack if theres one there will be a prime for every pistol except the La to why not  a Lato umbra 

Edited by (PS4)RedWhiskey96

15 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

It's a cinematic quest. They have to mocap scenes, write and rewrite scripts, make new tiles and such. It's not just a "oh, we have lua already, let's release immediately" The way it looks, their full attention would be going towards PoE because it's the bigger resource hog and they's want to get it in our hands first since it looks more complete than umbra currently. 

True, but umbra has 2 years of existence, it has a possibility of being ready.

And still it will be the "next cinematic quest" as said it can actually be the next update, I believe PoE has way more work since requires way more people to develope and fix glitches before releasing.

and PoE was done in what? 6 months as they said I believe? and again umbra has 2 years.. well its up to DE anyway, I just hope for umbra first anyway.

Edited by Eminem37

5 minutes ago, LordOfScrugging said:

umbra the frame does, doesn't mean the quest or anything else is

I also agree, as well we have the problem of one update clouding the other like the war within , when it was about to be release I guess Scott said they wanted to wait to release umbra so it would not "cloud" the war within or vise versa if you understand me, It would have more sense to release the quest before PoE since PoE is a bigger update

Edited by Eminem37