The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

Just now, k1llersqu1rl said:

oooorrrr... ballas forces us into the umbra, essentially enslaved, and ordis sacrifices himself to try to save us, Ordis was "Made" by Ballas, after all

Hmm... I suppose that's possible, but it doesn't quite make sense in my mind.

I figure that Ballas is talking to our warframe -- he and Marguilis (to a degree) were the masterminds of the warframe program. Lua bringing them strength likely refers to how the seat of our power was, up until the events of The Second ream, on Lua -- the Operator, and the Resevoir, more specifically. So, putting those things together, we get "Lua brings you strength, but you cannot defy your creator" -- which, better theories pending, I'm going to assume is Ballas basically saying to our frames, "You might be powered by the Operator, but you will obey me first."

As for the "Howl all you want, it won't bring him back"... I'm not sure yet. I need to start digging into that trailer more.

• Like 1

Well, my theory is that umbra is a warframe who lost his operator. Without his operator, he was driven mad, insane, with the desire to take revenge on... you guessed it, BALLAS!

And so, he will team up with US to bring down ballas and after the quest, the new mechanic we will have is to allow our operator to fight side by side with our warframe, at the same time!

2 minutes ago, S0V3REiGN said:

I think "him" is all the players crying for Excal Prime. lol

I think its more "Him" is Excal Prime itself, rather than the players.

Oh this is meme worthy...

Edited by Kaotyke
  • Like 2

Guys... I played the first trailer and the new one and noticed one thing...

The one talking in the new trailer... sounds like HUNHOW! Not Ballas!

Edit: So... it just sounds like Hunhow, but its still Ballas...

Edited by Kaotyke

7 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Guys... I played the first trailer and the new one and noticed one thing...

The one talking in the new trailer... sounds like HUNHOW! Not Ballas!

That’s what I first thought, but WARFRAME’s official subtitles on the trailer has it listed as Ballas talking and Umbra howling.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

That’s what I first thought, but WARFRAME’s official subtitles on the trailer has it listed as Ballas talking and Umbra howling.

Could Hunhow(or a fragment of him) have taken Ballas' form? Like Lotus did long time ago to infiltrate in the orokin high spheres?

In that case, Margulis/Lotus is also in danger

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

3 minutes ago, (XB1)OTF SERENiTY said:

Ballas has remained hidden for millennia. I don’t think anyone’s been able to get to him for years. 

But Hunhow could see in Lotus' mind while the second dream quest. So Hunhow knows how Ballas looks like.

Edited by AnGeL_KRoM

They've shown us a bunch of accessories we'll, I assume, be getting with the Sacrifice update... but what about that weapon? It looks like a Umbra version of a nikana or maybe skana, and it looks much more ornamental in the picture, as opposed to the latest trailer. 

Personally, as long as I can get that new beat for my ship, I'll be happy. That's the new hotness. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

They've shown us a bunch of accessories we'll, I assume, be getting with the Sacrifice update... but what about that weapon? It looks like a Umbra version of a nikana or maybe skana, and it looks much more ornamental in the picture, as opposed to the latest trailer. 

Personally, as long as I can get that new beat for my ship, I'll be happy. That's the new hotness. 

Gonna take a guess and say that we'll get it as a reward for completing the quest in blueprint form and have to hunt down the parts like Orvius. Hopefully not, but whatever, we'll see.

• Like 1

The first trailer has Ballas talking about what you would give to trade places with someone (implied you're going to lose that someone) and miracles require a sacrifice.

So perhaps Umbra creation has to do with the base material (person) giving themselves up save someone else, and despite their sacrifice they still lost that person.

*edit* on further reflection this would make a lot of sense if Umbra was a personal project by Ballas. The Orokin are definitely not too keen on purely artificial intelligence (sentients), but they also have difficulty controlling infestation-driven frames if certain prime codex entries are any indicator. Ballas refers to both Operator and Frame with distaste "Golems controlled by Devil minds."

So perhaps Umbra was his attempt to create something that required neither of the things he disliked in the mainline Warframes. A frame that was created from a biological "pure" intelligence and is driven by that person without relying on the control of infestation or a remote operator. At the very least he would transfer a pure biological intelligence into it not unlike how Cephalons are created from people. And to get someone to commit to such a life willingly would definitely require they be desperate for something in return, like saving someone else.

Edited by Beartornado
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Guys, a friend of mine just gave me a hint, I thing that Golden thing in the background is actually Teshin

Hide contents

Screenshot_2018-06-11-19-22-42.png

You're right!!!! I'm guessing that Teshin is going to sacrifice himself to save the Operators, and that in the original teaser from last year, where Ballas says, "For their life, yours", Ballas is talking to Teshin.

Noticed something else. Teshin is smoking in the back. Maybe he commits seppuku.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

You're right!!!! I'm guessing that Teshin is going to sacrifice himself to save the Operators, and that in the original teaser from last year, where Ballas says, "For their life, yours", Ballas is talking to Teshin.

That...would be incredibly twisted, but I could see it working in an equally twisted story. Maybe Ballas is experimenting on something (i.e Umbra), and needed an operator/another operator (successive non-Tenno operator failures maybe?) for it to work and Teshin's all "Nawp, use me instead, leave the kids alone."

Edited by Nyx219

1 minute ago, Nyx219 said:

That...would be incredibly twisted, but I could see it working in an equally twisted story. Maybe Ballas is experimenting on something (i.e Umbra), and needed an operator/another operator (successive non-Tenno operator failures maybe?) for it to work and Teshin's all "Nawp, use me instead, leave the kids alone."

Space Uncle, no! 😢 I just got attached to you from TWW, and now you wanna leave?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Space Uncle, no! 😢 I just got attached to you from TWW, and now you wanna leave?

I know, right? I mean, TWW's been a while for me, but I've found him to be endearing since it. Teshin's all about honor & discipline & the like, I can see how that kind of an act would fit right in with his ethics. Trading himself to protect others wouldn't be that out of character 😞