Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Umbra warframes [Discussion & Appreciation][*spoilers*]

3 hours ago, (PS4)vl_Monarch_lv said:

They've shown us a bunch of accessories we'll, I assume, be getting with the Sacrifice update... but what about that weapon? It looks like a Umbra version of a nikana or maybe skana, and it looks much more ornamental in the picture, as opposed to the latest trailer. 

Personally, as long as I can get that new beat for my ship, I'll be happy. That's the new hotness. 

Gonna take a guess and say that we'll get it as a reward for completing the quest in blueprint form and have to hunt down the parts like Orvius. Hopefully not, but whatever, we'll see.

• Like 1

The first trailer has Ballas talking about what you would give to trade places with someone (implied you're going to lose that someone) and miracles require a sacrifice.

So perhaps Umbra creation has to do with the base material (person) giving themselves up save someone else, and despite their sacrifice they still lost that person.

*edit* on further reflection this would make a lot of sense if Umbra was a personal project by Ballas. The Orokin are definitely not too keen on purely artificial intelligence (sentients), but they also have difficulty controlling infestation-driven frames if certain prime codex entries are any indicator. Ballas refers to both Operator and Frame with distaste "Golems controlled by Devil minds."

So perhaps Umbra was his attempt to create something that required neither of the things he disliked in the mainline Warframes. A frame that was created from a biological "pure" intelligence and is driven by that person without relying on the control of infestation or a remote operator. At the very least he would transfer a pure biological intelligence into it not unlike how Cephalons are created from people. And to get someone to commit to such a life willingly would definitely require they be desperate for something in return, like saving someone else.

Edited by Beartornado
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

Guys, a friend of mine just gave me a hint, I thing that Golden thing in the background is actually Teshin

Hide contents

Screenshot_2018-06-11-19-22-42.png

You're right!!!! I'm guessing that Teshin is going to sacrifice himself to save the Operators, and that in the original teaser from last year, where Ballas says, "For their life, yours", Ballas is talking to Teshin.

Noticed something else. Teshin is smoking in the back. Maybe he commits seppuku.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n said:

You're right!!!! I'm guessing that Teshin is going to sacrifice himself to save the Operators, and that in the original teaser from last year, where Ballas says, "For their life, yours", Ballas is talking to Teshin.

That...would be incredibly twisted, but I could see it working in an equally twisted story. Maybe Ballas is experimenting on something (i.e Umbra), and needed an operator/another operator (successive non-Tenno operator failures maybe?) for it to work and Teshin's all "Nawp, use me instead, leave the kids alone."

Edited by Nyx219

1 minute ago, Nyx219 said:

That...would be incredibly twisted, but I could see it working in an equally twisted story. Maybe Ballas is experimenting on something (i.e Umbra), and needed an operator/another operator (successive non-Tenno operator failures maybe?) for it to work and Teshin's all "Nawp, use me instead, leave the kids alone."

Space Uncle, no! 😢 I just got attached to you from TWW, and now you wanna leave?

3 minutes ago, (PS4)LeBlingKing69 said:

Space Uncle, no! 😢 I just got attached to you from TWW, and now you wanna leave?

I know, right? I mean, TWW's been a while for me, but I've found him to be endearing since it. Teshin's all about honor & discipline & the like, I can see how that kind of an act would fit right in with his ethics. Trading himself to protect others wouldn't be that out of character 😞

guys im just trying to find a place to hold my scream for seeing umbra in the trailer now, excuse me....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UMRA???????????????? WHAT!??????????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

did you see that trailer???? OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Megathread Update: 

• in preparation for info and things to come ive updated the Megathreads OP 
  • new op has multiple break down zones and consolidated old info
  • new zones  [Umbra Warframes] & [The Vault]  created
  • cleanup of old info and rearrangement 
  • further improved the utility of the images and source info

Best Regards [as always] 

Mako

• Like 5

1 hour ago, (PS4)bighugesumo-king said:

It really makes me want to get a pc, start warframe again, do all the quests required just so i can play it sooner. I bet every ps4 user feel that way now.

Literally bought a pc earlier last week for that exact reason but the specs couldn't run it too well. So I've just been spending Plat on ps4 to distract from my anxiety of waiting

I've noticed a few things of note in this.headerBG.jpg

Firstly: Up in the top right, there's mention of "subject ten".
Secondly: there's a new line of tenno writing on the left. It seems to read "MDL" -- possibly "Middle"? But the middle of what? Or where?
There is also some other writing, but I can't make that out, exactly.

Beyond that, there are those orokin "marker stones", as I'm calling them, and the Tree, barren like in the most recent trailer. There's more of those golden lines leading down to the arm... a possible hint to the Arm Cannons Superweapons?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

Secondly: there's a new line of tenno writing on the left. It seems to read "MDL" -- possibly "Middle"? But the middle of what? Or where?

Beyond that, there are those orokin "marker stones", as I'm calling them, and the Tree, barren like in the most recent trailer. There's more of those golden lines leading down to the arm... a possible hint to the Arm Cannons Superweapons?

nice job 

18 minutes ago, OmegaShadowcry said:

MDL is most likely Model. It's been used as an acronym for model before. Ever heard of MDL files? Well, it's a model file. 3d meshes. So I'm guess MDL is "model". Probably referring to the warframe.

2 minutes ago, (XB1)EternalDrk Mako said:

wonder why teshin bust is there ..... new

Cuz he's prolly gon' die. You can see him hunched over and smoking behind Ballas in the trailer.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n