The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains of Eidolon

DonGheddo

As we all know, with plains of Eleidon, we will receive another big Sentient (we do not know his name yet, so let's call him "Harbinger"). And he looks much different, than our old, beloved friend, Hunhow. So if the "sentient-mothership" looks different, should I expect different smaller units look? I mean, other appearance of Concu- and Battalysts, or even entirely new ones.

10 minutes ago, Mints said:

File this one under "people not that well acquainted with Greek."

Congratulations, you've just won the "smuggest reply of the month" award. The trophy is a golden pile of salt.

2 minutes ago, tomrair said:

Congratulations, you've just won the "smuggest reply of the month" award. The trophy is a golden pile of salt.

I'm not sure why you find it so offensive. It's a greek word and it's used in classical literature. You're not that well acquainted with Greek. Most people aren't. It's not really something you should feel ashamed about. It's not like I know how to speak it.

Edited by Mints

This Sentient, from my initial sights, vaguely resembles a Moa-Osprey hybrid, with a tree stuck on it's right wing.

While Hunhow must've been more airborne/spacefaring in his combat methods, this platform must be one of the types intended to besiege Orokin fortresses.

For all I know it could've once been an Orokin-Era Corpus Raptor-Bursa hybrid.

I'd rather call it the PH: 'Giant Sentient Moa-Osprey with a tree stuck to it's right wing'

The Eidolon looks as though it adapted some Orokin technology into itself (the white tree on its arms, either they are antlers or actual organic material integrated into the Sentient), considering the proximity to a living tower also made of flesh.

I'm not easily mind-blown by open worlds any more..  numerous Assassins Creed, Far Cry and  GTA games to name a few.. I've played open world so much, I just go "meh" these days. said "meh" to Ghost Recon Wildlands, Far Cry 5 and even Ark: Survival evolved.. but this....

this blew my mind and I'm still trying to pick up bits of my brain from the floor as I type this!

OPEN WORLD WARFRAME! no wonder the crowds lost the plot, especially once we saw Spearfishing, weapon crafting, NPC's to interact with, and of course that beautiful landscape! the landscape itself reminds me of a sort of space Savannah. it looked very alive with all it's plants and animals, and of course the Grineer outposts dotted along the landscape. the Bazaar looked awesome, really had a sort of medieval-Persian vibe to it for me, and it's great to see the Warframes mingling amongst the crowd, reminds me of the first Assassin's Creed (hopefully minus the beggars and crazies that get in the way!)

the weapon crafting looked a little basic, but that's probably a good thing, as I'm sure myself and many others would be there for hours on end trying to decide how we want our weapons to look and handle. I'm glad they've put some Indian/Arabic inspired blade shapes in there, the Crescent-blade design looks like a Dothraki weapon from Game of Thrones! not sure how we'll unlock each grip and blade design, but I'll be going for them, be sure of that!

spearfishing is one of those things I didn't know I wanted in a game until I saw it for myself. love how you also show off your catch as well, look at the whopping great fish I caught, space mom! I hope it's not just limited to missions and can be done whenever you want, and that's an important factor of this: with plains of Eidolon, even if there's no REAL reason to be there, there's something to do! this'll also be great new not just for melee enthusiasts and spear-chucking aficionados, but also Snipers; finally, we can go on a  PROPERLY long range map, and pick off our enemies from incredible distances!

and then there's the.. thing... that comes out at ight. it appears to be a giant sentient, but what it's gonna do, who knows. I hope it borrows a little from Dying Light, in that night-time is far more dangerous than daytime. we saw that even the Grineer couldn't get to their dropship fast enough to avoid this thing, so I'm hoping that at night, we have to constantly be on the lookout for Sentient assaults, maybe fighting large numbers of them on open ground whilst the big guy himself fires cannons at us!

TLDR: I'm incredibly hyped for this update, DE have outdone themselves. I never thought we'd get open-world in the game, much less in a cool way like this. I just hope this update doesn't get DElayed too many times!

10 minutes ago, PsiWarp said:

The Eidolon looks as though it adapted some Orokin technology into itself (the white tree on its arms, either they are antlers or actual organic material integrated into the Sentient), considering the proximity to a living tower also made of flesh.

The bolded part of your post made me remember how odd it was to see that part of the walkthrough for their update.

. . . Still don't know why there is flesh in there.

4 hours ago, White_Matter said:

This got me hyped almost as much as melee 2.0 or the second dream.

It is gonna be the most revolutionary update as far as we've seen.

When is the release date ? 

I don't know but i'd like to learn, let me check it out

by the way, it would be AWESOME to have street artists in each unique terrain.

Such as in plains of eidolon there could be street artists that play music only unique to that tribe/society, that when you pay them to listen to their music, they send you to a minigame-ish thigny where you have to complete minor very minor tasks to unravel the story it tells.

but in somewhere like Mars, near the Tomb of Inaros, the street artists there could paint vivid paintings explaining further lore. What i meant by 'vivid' is that just like Ordis' codex memories, we could interact with the painting to get some hallucinogen into our warframe that connects all the way back to the operator and lets us 'live' short stories of the content of painting!

edited

Edited by Yeselectro

Was Steve joking around when he was talking about buying things at the market? 'Cuz I'd actually really like to be able to buy new pets and customizations there... Also, are "cosmetic" pets (i.e., pets that just hang around the ship and aren't used in combat) planned? Those rodent-like creatures seen at the pet shop don't look like they're combat-worthy, but I'd still love to have one.

16 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

The bolded part of your post made me remember how odd it was to see that part of the walkthrough for their update.

. . . Still don't know why there is flesh in there.

Its techno-organic material, as the Orokin had an affinity for such (Sentients, Warframes, and the Infested all being examples). The real question:

Why are they harvesting it...? 

It doesn't look particularly appetizing.

1 minute ago, Brachion said:

Was Steve joking around when he was talking about buying things at the market? 'Cuz I'd actually really like to be able to buy new pets and customizations there... Also, are "cosmetic" pets (i.e., pets that just hang around the ship and aren't used in combat) planned? Those rodent-like creatures seen at the pet shop don't look like they're combat-worthy, but I'd still love to have one.

I'd love to have pets that I don't have to take care of in the game, maybe pet it a few times but that's it.

Also, it's said that feral kavats could eat infestation (but that needs a citation). Maybe a feral kavats that eats the infestation? Not all of it, just enough to survive.

Its a nice change. I imagine the time and effort to create a large block of open world takes a little more time to make than a dozen+ segmented tiles. But the flowing cohesive world will feel really good.

I just question the density of points of interest and the possible RNG of encounters and events. Like am I going to have to check back daily irl for a particular enemy/resource/event to spawn at x&y location. Will there be different dropship points to unlock to save time checking those locations, etc.

It can have the best... and the worst of mmo world mechanics.

Edited by Firetempest

1 hour ago, Bravely_Casual said:

Its techno-organic material, as the Orokin had an affinity for such (Sentients, Warframes, and the Infested all being examples). The real question:

Why are they harvesting it...? 

It doesn't look particularly appetizing.

To feed Eidolon and keep it from eating them lol

I guess this direction was the only one they could take given the landscape of current games nowadays.

I'd be impressed if this open world thingy they trying to pull doesn't fall on its face once its released to the public.