Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur is the best warframe in the game.

EdmonEdmon

1 minute ago, (PS4)kamil_demon said:

frost is built around cc and defense.

all of frost's powers are about slowing the enemy down while also doing some damage while excals blind cannot

his avalanche removes enemy armor while freezing them so they cant move at all, sure it doesnt open them up for finishes but he can freeze a entire room making it easier to kill then excal could ever dream of

their is an inconsistent blind out of his freezing if you follow up the description before rework it exist their it also I think got transfer which is why I included frost but as his power that blind also freezes removes armor and can also slow...it be good.

I love how the OP keeps on insisting the "scaling lethality" of Excal and his abilities, when he has to rely on a mega-cheese weapon to even do so.. aka dagger + covert lethality. And then when someone approaches and challenges him to a survival competition - his Nidus vs Excal, the OP attempts to set up the competition to work in his favor so that he could abuse said mega-cheese weapon.

A Nidus challenges an Excal to an endless survival, where Nidus thrives in endless. The Excal then wants to include a race to see who can kill lv800 enemies the fastest in a more or less glorified exterminate, which shorter things like that are not one of Nidus' strong points.  All of this just supports that each frame has something that they specialize in, something that this situational. Which is the whole purpose of having the variety of frames that we do.

Also, just for funsies, if an excal has to finisher 1 enemy at a time, he cant kill a room full of enemies faster than a max range nidus who sucks em all up in a larva that drops enemies onto a spot that they cant path on and therefore die instantly. But technically, that's just another form of abuse. lol.

3 hours ago, EdmonEdmon said:

You'll get a lot of upvotes for this, but it isn't just my opinion, it's a list of factual statements backing up my position.

Unless you think a frame that is both potentially the fastest and definitely the most lethal on scaling enemies is somehow not a good metric by which to measure best in a game about getting from A to B in the shortest possible time & murdering things.

Ivara.   LOL.  She meets all the requirements that you listed.  And this is without even using Prowl.  So does this now make Ivara the Best Frame in the Game as she can do what you said Excal was good at and then she can go invis. 

This is just an observation that is taking into account the things you listed as the reason why.  :D

44 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

So then he made this thread. Take the hooks out of y'all's mouths.

I know, I know.  I just couldn't help it this time. :D

Edited by DatDarkOne

Banshee is the best Warframe in the game.

Her first ability is able to completely remove armor with an augment and covers her weakness to melee units.

Sonar can stack to do amounts of damage on enemies that will on-shot all content without the need to be in melee range (Can easily one-shot level 500 Jugg Behemoth, any questions?). So unlike Excalibur she can one-shot entire groups of enemies from range. 

Silence stuns enemies at a range before they will start shooting you, and because of her absurd damage enemies will not get past the front line. Oh, and with its augment you can open enemies to finishers... so I guess Banshee can do that too. 

And if all else fails you can just stun-lock the entire room.

So, clearly you are wrong and Banshee is actually the best Warframe. 

------------------------------------------------

Oh wait, actually Equinox is the best Warframe in the game.

Her first ability allows for swithing between one of the best DPS and one of the best CC frames.

In night form she is able to open enemies to finishers and with an augment can spread that status without even having to cast it again.

In day form she can massively boost the power strength of allies (but I guess that is irrelevant), and on the night side she can slow all enemies by 80% in a massive range, as well as massively reducing how much damage those enemies do per shot. 

And finally while in day form she has access to the best scaling damage ability in the game, just cast Rest on a group of enemies, switch forms, activate Maim, kill a few slept enemies, then deactivate maim and watch the numbers fly. 

So, clearly you are wrong and Equinox is actually the best Warframe.

-----------------------------------------------

Oh wait, actually Frost is the best Warframe in the game.

His first ability is an on-demand "halt" to any enemy.

His second ability is able to slow massive groups of enemies to a crawl with a near-instant cast (Augment stacks with cold proc).

And oh boy his third ability, while most only see this as defensive, those who did endurance runs in the Pacifism Defect know that this ability is able to take out half of ANY enemies health bar in a single cast. This gives Frost insane group murder potential at any level.

And as a final treat Frost is able to halt an entire room of enemies instantly... because he needs that too.

So, clearly you are wrong and Frost is actually the best Warframe. 

Or, ya know, maybe Trinity is the best Warframe in the game because she is able to empower her 3 (or 7) other allies by removing any concern for health or energy. So because Trinity is able to make any Warframe and unstoppable wrecking ball, she wins the "best" Warframe trophy by default. 

This was fun OP, thanks for the inspiration. 

11 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Banshee is the best Warframe in the game.

Her first ability is able to completely remove armor with an augment and covers her weakness to melee units.

Sonar can stack to do amounts of damage on enemies that will on-shot all content without the need to be in melee range (Can easily one-shot level 500 Jugg Behemoth, any questions?). So unlike Excalibur she can one-shot entire groups of enemies from range. 

Silence stuns enemies at a range before they will start shooting you, and because of her absurd damage enemies will not get past the front line. Oh, and with its augment you can open enemies to finishers... so I guess Banshee can do that too. 

And if all else fails you can just stun-lock the entire room.

So, clearly you are wrong and Banshee is actually the best Warframe. 

------------------------------------------------

Oh wait, actually Equinox is the best Warframe in the game.

Her first ability allows for swithing between one of the best DPS and one of the best CC frames.

In night form she is able to open enemies to finishers and with an augment can spread that status without even having to cast it again.

In day form she can massively boost the power strength of allies (but I guess that is irrelevant), and on the night side she can slow all enemies by 80% in a massive range, as well as massively reducing how much damage those enemies do per shot. 

And finally while in day form she has access to the best scaling damage ability in the game, just cast Rest on a group of enemies, switch forms, activate Maim, kill a few slept enemies, then deactivate maim and watch the numbers fly. 

So, clearly you are wrong and Equinox is actually the best Warframe.

Oh wait, actually Frost is the best Warframe in the game.

His first ability is an on-demand "halt" to any enemy.

His second ability is able to slow massive groups of enemies to a crawl with a near-instant cast (Augment stacks with cold proc).

And oh boy his third ability, while most only see this as defensive, those who did endurance runs in the Pacifism Defect know that this ability is able to take out half of ANY enemies health bar in a single cast. This gives Frost insane group murder potential at any level.

And as a final treat Frost is able to halt an entire room of enemies instantly... because he needs that too.

So, clearly you are wrong and Frost is actually the best Warframe. 

Or, ya know, maybe Trinity is the best Warframe in the game because she is able to empower her 3 (or 7) other allies by removing any concern for health or energy. So because Trinity is able to make any Warframe and unstoppable wrecking ball, she wins the "best" Warframe trophy by default. 

Warframe is the best Warframe in game.

13 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

So what I hear you saying is...#NerfTrinity.

5 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I don't know why anyone is even bothering to argue with him. There is literally nothing, not one thing, which anyone, anyone at all, could ever say to him that might cause him to even stop and reconsider his opinion.

You're absolutely right. I think OP's opinion was made up before they even posted. They don't seem interested in facts or the opinions / points of view of others, but rather he or she is convinced that their opinion is fact, that Excalibro is unmatched in terms of utility and capability, needs to tell the world of this, and that anyone that says otherwise is unequivocally wrong. I honestly hope I'm wrong though.

@OP *sigh* We get it, you love Excalibur. You think he's awesomesauce. You're a huge fan of the 'Frame and you want the world to know. That's absolutely fine. Just please do us two favors:

1. Please don't tell us we're wrong for disagreeing with you. People can take that as being a bit insulting and disrespectful.

2. Please stop confusing opinions with facts. Facts are demonstrated, indisputable things. Opinions are views and judgements about things that are not necessarily based on fact or knowledge. All you've done is given an estimation / judgement of the quality of a thing and the reasons for said judgement, while expecting everyone to accept that as fact and nod in approval at your post.

Fact: Excalibur has a potentially powerful set of abilities themed around melee combat / swords and his stats are about average and evenly balanced. He has 100 base health, 225 armor and 100 shields. Those are things that cannot be disputed.

Opinion: No other 'Frame can match Excalibur in terms of all-around capability damage output, CC / support capabilities and survivability. That can and has been HEAVILY disputed here. Besides, everyone in their right minds knows that Oberon is the new, true master race (I kid, I kid)

And I'm sorry, but no, you're not going to win this argument just because you believe and say you're right and tell everyone that you don't agree with that they're wrong - because reasons. That's not how discussions work. Discussions are about sharing ideas and points of view with the intent of learning or discovering something new.

On the topic of Warframe's posterboy, I think Excalibur is a great starter 'Frame and a good all-rounder. However, I also think that there are 'Frames that have better utility, damage capacity and / or survivability and that are a bit more team-oriented than Excalibur. But that's the beauty of Warframe, there's a 'Frame to suit almost any task or mood. There's a 'Frame for just about everyone. I don't believe there's a truly objectively perfect 'Frame out there, but there's probably a perfect 'Frame for almost every player. OP's perfect 'Frame just happens to be Excalibur - mine happens to be Oberon Prime - but who am I to tell him he's wrong?

Just my 2 plat though.

Edited by MirageKnight

4 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

I don't know why anyone is even bothering to argue with him. There is literally nothing, not one thing, which anyone, anyone at all, could ever say to him that might cause him to even stop and reconsider his opinion.

There is nothing wrong with that.  The real reason not to argue with him is that this discussion is 100% subjective.  Just say your peace.  No reason to argue.

Excaliber is a well-rounded Frame but performance is often circumstantial/situational.

Here are just a couple of simple examples:

1. Base-Speed-Duration Loki.

Mod for speed and invisibility and let your weapons work.  A mod-enhanced 1.2 base speed costs NO energy and is it's own power.

2.  CC-Grineer-killer Discharge-Capacitance Volt and Mapwipe WoF Ember.

These two ^ utilize CC very differently and for different reasons than RB Excal, and he can't really compete with their CC Niche.  And that is just 2 examples.

6 hours ago, EdmonEdmon said:

No-one has actually put forward a comprehensive argument as to why Excalibur is not the best as a complete package with strong capability in many areas. They've only cherry picked where certain frames can out perform Excalibur in certain aspects of play.

6 hours ago, EdmonEdmon said:

You didn't agree to also do the race and the DPS test and make it a best of three.

You are also cherry picking. You only want to do tests where Excalibur could win. 

So how about we add some extra tests? In a battle between Excalibur and nidus, who can heal an ally the most the fastest? 

Who can prevent an ally from dying? 

Who can do the most damage at one time, to a group of enemies

Whose abilities scale the highest, without relying on weapons? 

Edited by Miser_able

19 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

Excaliber is a well-rounded Frame but performance is often circumstantial/situational.

Here are just a couple of simple examples:

1. Base-Speed-Duration Loki.

Mod for speed and invisibility and let your weapons work.  A mod-enhanced 1.2 base speed costs NO energy and is it's own power.

2.  CC-Grineer-killer Discharge-Capacitance Volt and Mapwipe WoF Ember.

These two ^ utilize CC very differently and for different reasons than RB Excal, and he can't really compete with their CC Niche.  And that is just 2 examples.

Me, I'm just a simple Resonance Savage Silence Banshee Prime player. 254% Power Strength, 45% Efficiency, 94% Range, 172% Duration, 744 Energy with Primed Flow and Quick Thinking. Silence the crowd and keep moving to CC CQC the enemies, cast Sonar 2-3 times, slide attack with either a Maiming Strike Secura Lecta or Scoliac + Riven, rinse and repeat. When Focus shows up, pop Naramon. If I need energy, my two Arcane Energize sets help to keep me sustained.

Yep, I do eat Cheese Wiz straight from the spray can. Come at me.

Edited by (PS4)Lei-Lei_23
Stat correction

I would like to mention that OP is Mastery rank 23 player with only 400 hours spent in game and majority of his gear (basically almost every frame or weapon) with literally 0 kills and 0 usage.

Exp farm boosted player who used only his excal.

Why are you guys even trying to discuss with that person? he lack experience and has no idea what other frames are capable of.

Edited by Tacritan

1 minute ago, Tacritan said:

I would like to mention that OP is Mastery rank 23 player with only 400 hours spent in game and majority (basically almost every frame or weapon) with 0-50 kills and 0 usage.

Exp farm boosted player who used only his excal.

Well it's not like there is any reason to use any other frame is there?