Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was the hardest Sortie Assassination you've done?

BaIthazar

today I have heard a lot of people complain about the Lephantis Sortie.
but I thought it was only mildy annoying because to me he was little more than a bullet sponge.

the hardest Sortie assassination I've done so far (in my opinion, and I've missed a lot) is a Bow Only Kela de Thaym Sortie.

simply taking pot shots at her would have already taken ages, and that was without the artillery phases and her sitting on top her balcony being an invincible git.
Iron skin didn't last very long against constant roller fire and missiles, and being able to hide in a cataclysm was very dependant on your Limbo knowing what he was doing.

shooting the turning discs between artillery salvos was also a bit of a hassle when theres 4 discs and 2 of your squadmates were downed by missiles

after multiple attempts with people getting fed up and leaving or everyone running out of lives I ended up switching to Ash and bladestorming her to death.

but it was still the most annoying and (to me) hardest Sortie Assassination I've had.

what's yours?

Edited by BaIthazar

There was a melee only raptor assassination awhile back, and it was by far the hardest sortie assassination I've done. Kela de thaym used to be hard, but that was back when I thought that shatter shield didn't affect her missiles.

Eventually I had to use ivara and artemis bow to tackle the raptors, and the amount of energy I used was immense. Quite a number of energy pads were used, an equal number of revives, and plenty of mistakes where I thought I was safe to wait 8 seconds to regen my energy.

Enhanced Armour Hyena Pack...

Needed two Valkyrs in the squad just to manage with revives; wasted 30+ Large Energy Restores; only way to reliably damage the Hyenas was with Hysteria; it was a pure nightmare before we managed to kill the one with magnetic procs. I still have Viatnam Flashbacks of it to this day.

Lephantis with Elemental Nullification Enhancement.

Why? Because it nullifies almost all of your damage. My max power chroma who can oneshot sortie bosses such as augmented armor vay hek and lvl 150 eximus corrupted heavy gunners with an opticor and pyrana, couldn't even tickle lephantis. My beastly riven-powered pyrana dealt 2-digit pellets on him and i even had a nova with me. Since Lephantis is naturally pretty beefy, we got shown today how broken elemental enhancement nullification condition really can be. Or it's just bugged to no end, i honestly don't know. All in all, i wouldn't call it "hard" by any means, just annoyingly time consuming. And the worst thing is, it's not even worth the time because we all know why.

Kela bow only sortie on the other hand was actually pretty easy. Bring a zhuge and a banshee and the victory lies already in your hands.

11 minutes ago, SupremeDutchGamer said:

even worse is something like enhanced armor tyl regor... practically unkillable manics.

I am still waiting for another one of those...so I can solo the bastard with Silva & Aegis only and proove that it's the best Sword & Shield.

Vay Hek energy reduction

he is so annoying coz he apply magnetic too

31 minutes ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Bow Only Kela de Thaym definitely wins, followed closely by Shotgun Only ... Kela de Thaym.

Imagine a No Warframe Powers Kela de Thaym Sortie Assassination!

i wonder kela on melee only, what now?

Edited by Baterial

12 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

All in all, i wouldn't call it "hard" by any means, just annoyingly time consuming.

This is exactly how I feel regarding elemental enhancement Lephantis. This is the second time he's come up and also the second time I've sat there shooting at him going, "yup. This is about how long it should take. Definitely," while getting weird looks from my wife for talking out loud to myself.

*cough*

None of the sortie assassinations have been hard. They've just been time consuming. The only one that even comes close to being, "hard," is probably sortie Lech Kril, but that's not because Kril is hard so much as having to find a safe time to pop out and shoot his back and then wait around for him to decide to do the attack he needs to do to freeze himself. I've taken to just smacking everything around him with radiation and letting them break his tubes and then coming in and finishing the job, later, myself.

Also I pretty much solo every sortie unless friends happen to log in at the same time or it's an elemental enhancement Lephantis. Thing just takes too long.

From a solo standpoint: Bow Only Mutalist Alad V. Getting openings on Alad V while solo is just an annoying waiting game since the openings are fewer and shorter than teamplay. Kela De Thaym, even Bow Only, is ridiculously easy if you just strip armor with a Kavat and bring Nova with Zenurik, and Vay Hek can be easily done in nearly the same with pretty much anything explosive.

However from a teamplay standpoint Kela De Thaym in general is the most annoying to me simply because god forbid the team can hit all their buttons just to get into the fight in the first place; let alone bring a frame capable of keeping the group safe from artillery and not run around like chickens with their heads cut off spawning damn near endless rollers because they keep dropping down to ground level. It's why I've taken to soloing almost every sortie now as it just makes a vast majority of them easier.

Edited by (PS4)ipwnuhard3

55 minutes ago, Baterial said:

i wonder kela on melee only, what now?

DE made sure Bosses dont get melee only because of Vay Hek.

Now... Bow Only Kela...

You can use the Operator, leave the Warframe in the Button, dash near the wheel and use the Void Beam. And the Warframe wont be staggered by the Rollers.

Elemental enchantment ones are always cancer because most physical weapons are crp or iconvenient to use (like shotguns) or both.

Kela is also cancer, each time that sortie pops up I just skip it. I've had enough of her during the event. It's not even Kela that made me lose the sht but goddemn rollers. Ugh.

2 hours ago, Aurea_Hiigara said:

Bow Only Kela de Thaym definitely wins, followed closely by Shotgun Only ... Kela de Thaym.

Imagine a No Warframe Powers Kela de Thaym Sortie Assassination!

Actually Shotgun only Kela was really easy. Tigris Prime with slash + corrosive was dealing tons of damage to her. Tbh i'd rather play it again than tiresome bulletsponge lephantis which wasn't even hard but tedious and boring.

Edited by dregomz