Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How to prepare for the Plains of Eidolon...

METAHUMVN

So with the devstream fresh on our minds, here are some ways I think we Tenno should prepare for the upcoming update. 

1. If you have Zenurik energy overflow, get rid of now. Stop playing using it. It's going to be taken away from you, so you might as well figure out another way. Upgrade your build and your arsenal, and reformat the builds on your castor frames. Prepare to rely on energy pizzas for the most part. And stop farming focus until you know exactly what you're farming for and how the points will be "refunded" and "reinvested" in the "new" focus school overhaul. 

2. Max out your archwings. Stop using Odonata. Get powerful ones like Amesha. Build top-tier weapons like the Grattler and Fluctus and train yourself in archwing combat. Given that the warframes are going to suffer heavily from the focus school nerf, we'll probably going to have to rely on archwing combat to survive on the Plains. 

3. Develop long-range warframe loadouts. Invest in powerful sniper rifles like the Rubico and Lanka, and get used to using them. The days of frenetic, fast-paced, close-quarters combat are over. Now, the key will be to learn how to systemically eliminate your foes at range and maintain cover while doing so as you close in, just like in real life. Frames like Ember, Excalibur, Atlas, Hydroid, Octavia, and Nidus will all become useless on the plains. Frames like Ash, Mesa, Zephyr, and Titania will excel. 

So those are the top three things that came to mind. Feel free to add more because I'm sure that getting ready in advance won't hurt. 

5 minutes ago, UmbraCorporation said:

2. Max out your archwings. Stop using Odonata. Get powerful ones like Amesha. Build top-tier weapons like the Grattler and Fluctus and train yourself in archwing combat. Given that the warframes are going to suffer heavily from the focus school nerf, we'll probably going to have to rely on archwing combat to survive on the Plains. 

atm they plan to have aw weapons disabled in PoE, just an fyi

20 minutes ago, UmbraCorporation said:

If you have Zenurik energy overflow, get rid of now. Stop playing using it. It's going to be taken away from you, so you might as well figure out another way. Upgrade your build and your arsenal, and reformat the builds on your castor frames. Prepare to rely on energy pizzas for the most part. And stop farming focus until you know exactly what you're farming for and how the points will be "refunded" and "reinvested" in the "new" focus school overhaul. 

On reddit, they said they would probably look into making Energy Overflow into one of the new arcanes. The effects of it at least, not the name of course.

EDIT: Courtesy of @KAHO16

%25EC%25A0%259C%25EB%2588%2584%25EB%25A6

20 minutes ago, UmbraCorporation said:

Develop long-range warframe loadouts. Invest in powerful sniper rifles like the Rubico and Lanka, and get used to using them. The days of frenetic, fast-paced, close-quarters combat are over. Now, the key will be to learn how to systemically eliminate your foes at range and maintain cover while doing so as you close in, just like in real life. Frames like Ember, Excalibur, Atlas, Hydroid, Octavia, and Nidus will all become useless on the plains. Frames like Ash, Mesa, Zephyr, and Titania will exce

Good thing I've maxed every sniper and they are my favorite weapons haha.

On your second point, you won't need to max Archwing weapons, since they won't be usable on the plains, just max an archwing and you're good. I'll personally be using the Itzal, because you know... speed.

Edited by PoisonHD
Replaced text with image

1. If you have Zenurik energy overflow, get rid of now. Stop playing using it. It's going to be taken away from you, so you might as well figure out another way. Upgrade your build and your arsenal, and reformat the builds on your castor frames. Prepare to rely on energy pizzas for the most part. And stop farming focus until you know exactly what you're farming for and how the points will be "refunded" and "reinvested" in the "new" focus school overhaul. 

Pretty stupid thing to "advice". Better instead use things while you still can if you want or need to.

And it doesn't take a genius to mod for 175% energy efficiency and nothing to prepeare yourself to. 

3 hours ago, PoisonHD said:

On your second point, you won't need to max Archwing weapons, since they won't be usable on the plains, just max an archwing and you're good. I'll personally be using the Itzal, because you know... speed.

If that's true, that's just horrible. 

I'm serious. 

Like why...

The enemies get to deploy archwing enemies to hit us from above, yet we Tenno can't do the same...

I really wonder what DE's on right now...

Edited by UmbraCorporation

3 hours ago, UmbraCorporation said:

So with the devstream fresh on our minds, here are some ways I think we Tenno should prepare for the upcoming update. 

3. Develop long-range warframe loadouts. Invest in powerful sniper rifles like the Rubico and Lanka, and get used to using them. The days of frenetic, fast-paced, close-quarters combat are over. Now, the key will be to learn how to systemically eliminate your foes at range and maintain cover while doing so as you close in, just like in real life. Frames like Ember, Excalibur, Atlas, Hydroid, Octavia, and Nidus will all become useless on the plains. Frames like Ash, Mesa, Zephyr, and Titania will excel. 

So those are the top three things that came to mind. Feel free to add more because I'm sure that getting ready in advance won't hurt. 

Just some weapons you might be able to use.

Knell

Seer

Vectis Prime

Vectis

Arca Scisco

Lanka

Snipetron

Snipetron Vandal

Lanka

Rubico

Vulkar

Vulkar Wraith

and some more. 

I would say that Lex and the others might be good as well, and the Sybaris' family. However, I'd prefer the Dex Sybaris just because of that higher crit chance.

also, for the warframes you should probably invest in: Nova, Volt, Zephyr, Mesa, Atlas, Ash, Limbo (because you can go in-out of void, plus long cast range), Octavia (to an extent), Titana, Loki, Mag, Nehza, Equinox, Inaros, and Mirage.

1 hour ago, UmbraCorporation said:

And it won't be long before they nerf corrupted mods so that we can't do these "meta builds" anymore. 

Then no one would have problems anymore because no one will be playing WF as some cheap CoD ripoff. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

It's not like wf is that unique. If you like the shooter part of it there's shtloads of games and new ones like Destiny for example, if you like the abilities part of that there's shttons of games including mobas like Gigantic. WF isn't some special snowflake or one of a kind that can't be replaced.

ITT: People knee-jerking so hard they may never walk again.

Seriously?

"Close range combat is OVER!!"

"DE are gonna screw you over so badly that Archwings will be the only way to fight!"

"Level up good strong Archwing weapons (which DE have already explicitly stated are not gonna be used in Plains)!"

"You gotta get yourself off the Energy overflow, just go cold turkey. The shakes and cravings are gonna suck, but someday things will be better. We have to have hope."

Edited by BornWithTeeth

39 minutes ago, BornWithTeeth said:

"You gotta get yourself off the Energy overflow, just go cold turkey. The shakes and cravings are gonna suck, but someday things will be better. We have to have hope."

I actually laughed at this. So true. Best. 5/7 would read again. 

1) Focus points will be refunded into a pool to be used as we want. Telling people to stop earning them is ridiculous in the extreme. A better suggestion would be to keep earning as you are currently, but watch for news on the new schools to possibly switch which you are currently earning Focus for. Like this information will not be out until PoE anyway, so is moot all around.

2) Others have already commented on this for integration into PoE, however, I agree that maxing out Arch-Wings and associated gear is a good thing to do in any event. Maxing out any Frame, Arch-Wing, Weapon is what Warframe play is all about.

3) Relying on any part of Warframe for a build is risky. Anyone who's played for more than a few weeks knows this. Shuffling builds/weapons/frames constantly becomes second nature. "Adapt and Overcome" should be a motto for Warframe players, lol.

On thing nobody mentioned that would be a good idea is for those that have completed TSD and TWW to work on:

Spoiler

Operator combat (as much as we currently have) and the use of all the powers of the Operator. As DE has flatly stated that these will be required to take down the PoE Sentinals.

2 hours ago, BornWithTeeth said:

Seriously?

"Close range combat is OVER!!"

"DE are gonna screw you over so badly that Archwings will be the only way to fight!"

"Level up good strong Archwing weapons (which DE have already explicitly stated are not gonna be used in Plains)!"

Right?! Lol I'm dying over here :crylaugh:

My response was a little harsh, but seriously UmbraCorporation, it is as if someone else saw the Devstream and then described it to you over a crappy phone connection.

- Archwing weapons are not in use for Plains.

- Stating that Focus has been nuked and therefore the poor helpless Warframes must switch into Archwing mode, in what is known as a rather OP Archwing to boot, is a hilarious overreaction.

- It is ludicrous to say that Plains will be all about long ranged combat and that short ranged brawler builds have been rendered totally pointless. What we actually saw in the stream was Rebecca activating a point defence Alert and then getting swarmed by dozens of Grineer who all deployed within a hundred yards of her from their own drop pods and landers.

- It is not going to be the case that going out onto the Plains without a decent sniper rifle will result in instant failure. Besides which, anyone who has advanced builds which absolutely require energy overflow has surely also got at least one rifle into which they have invested a couple of Forma, otherwise what the devil have they been up to all this time?

- Speaking of energy overflow, the histrionics about it are starting to wear thin.

10 hours ago, UmbraCorporation said:

3. Develop long-range warframe loadouts. Invest in powerful sniper rifles like the Rubico and Lanka, and get used to using them. The days of frenetic, fast-paced, close-quarters combat are over

I'll continue to use my Pin point accurate Soma Prime and you can't stop me :P

Or I'll just dart around amongst enemy patrols obliterating them with whatever weapon I desire to use

10 hours ago, UmbraCorporation said:

eh... just cuz reb stopped using silence doesn't mean its going to be difficult in up close combat. cc will still work just as it does already. 

amesha isn't that great anyhow...