Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Changes to the Operators Would You Want to See Implemented?

Diavaz

for me... i already like them and will likely enjoy using mine more often once i get the first custom amp.

tho the ability to have 50-100% of the affinity from kills made by the operator go straight into the current focus school would be awesome, heck, even 25% would do, you might not be able to kill enemies as fast or as high lv compared to a frame with weapons, but you'd in exchange get a higher affinity to focus rate

1 minute ago, letir said:

1. Better base HP.

2. Health regeneration.

3. Falling damage should be scrapped.

4. Much better base energy, especially Amp beam.

There is already ways to make all of those happen. Focus, Arcanes, and AMPs.

I want the animation for firing a beam in front of you be a bit different. I'd rather his arm be straight out, with his other arm supporting like when Samus fires her arm canon than the shoot from the hip we have now.

Just now, JSharpie said:

There is already ways to make all of those happen. Focus, Arcanes, and AMPs.

I want the animation for firing a beam in front of you be a bit different. I'd rather his arm be straight out, with his other arm supporting like when Samus fires her arm canon than the shoot from the hip we have now.

I don't want "ways". I want BASE stats worthwhile to use.

Buff the numbers on a bunch of school abilities (looking at you, Unariu) and bring back Operator mode resetting jumps. 

Oh, and buff the damage of the beam to a degree that it melts even high level enemies, this is raw void magic for Pete's sake. 

My list for what I'd like to see regarding Operators:

Spoiler

-The ability to use the old Focus Power despite unlocking free mobility for Operators as an Operator ability, at least.

-Innate Void Beam should be able to be augmented without needing amplifiers, perhaps via 'frame and equipped weapon stats. Otherwise, an option to change how you look when using the amplifier at least to the open-palm look.

-The option, when enough Focus is put down, to unlock the ability to allow your 'frame to act like any specter, but with new Command abilities (Tenno's 2, holding swaps between the list of actions: Attack, Attack area/target with weapon, Stop/Start, Defend (marking the surface beneath you makes you the defend target) target, roam/idle (aka follow/wait) ).

-The option, when even more Focus is attained, to unlock an optional upgrade to the 'Warframe Specter mode' that allows you to become one with it, replacing the 'frame's head with the Tenno's. This however sacrifices the 'frame's first ability for Void Beam/blast (which can be toggled) and using Focus will un-merge the Tenno Whole. Rolling toggles on Void Mode. This mode's 'un-helmeting' feature is optional and can be toggled off. To tell when a Tenno is 'Whole', watch if they look like they're constantly channeling.

-An option, as a third and final step, to make the 'Whole' mode a permanent addition which is toggled using Focus.

-Operators to use 1h 'frame sidearms as emergency sidearm.

-Operators to acquire a wearable Orokin Reactor that adds 'frame moddability to them, with the ability to add one of any 'frame's augments (which will allow the Tenno to use those powers)? 

-Void Mode to be bound to a toggle-enable power, with Void Dash being the Tenno Bullet Jump.

Edit: Response.

8 minutes ago, DrBorris said:

Buff... ...this is raw void magic for Pete's sake. 

Make damage from raw Void Beam scale based on enemy health, shields, armour on top of all your equipped weapons, weapon mods, and 'frame mods. The more damage the raw Beam would do, the bigger the beam.

Edited by Koldraxon-732
@DrBorris, remember Second Dream? That beam.

Ignoring kuva farming (which is still kinda weird), operators only really work against Sentients, which makes sense from the fact that their power comes from the void. You can kill lower level enemies and ragdoll the higher ones for other factions, but the main reason to use them is vs sentient faction.

I don't want operators to replace Warframes, so giving us Eidolons and their little blue dudes to fight gives us a bit more to do with them, along with the ability to reset the resistances of the Lua sentients and the Stalker. More sentient faction enemies appearing across the solar system after completing TSD would give us more opportunity to use them.

Edited by dstrawberrygirl

"Singleplayer co-op" with your Warframe.
In other words, have it actually do something as opposed to just standing there, frozen.

BioWare games (Mass Effect, Dragon Age) had some cool combos your squad members could do with you
(Example: Squad member lifts enemy with telekinesis, Player shoots a rocket at the enemy for bonus damage, and sends them flying)
I'd like to see more things like that in Warframe, both between Warframe and operator as well as between multiple players.

Edited by Shifted

28 minutes ago, letir said:

I don't want "ways". I want BASE stats worthwhile to use.

So you want increased based stats and armor with no work in an online free2play game?

Yeah okay buddy. I could get behind you if you said make focus easier to obtain, or increase daily cetus standing, but just outright buffing operators when we can already do that is kind of silly to ask for.

Hmm.

1. Transferring out of a Warframe counts as a Void Dash with the school-specific perks.
    • Transferring into Warframe while sliding as Operator continues the slide.
    • Transferring into Warframe while Void Dashing as Operator continues into Bullet Jump.
  2. While in Operator mode, able to see Warframe's stats on HUD, including buffs active (icons next to shields and HP/squad list).
  3. Companion is hidden and invulnerable while in Operator mode.
  4. Ability to rapidly generate Shield points while in Void Mode and Void Dash. These shields will decay over time once out of Void Mode and Void Dash, making actively dodging and maneuvering ideal, and at least improves Operator survivability outside of health and armor stats.
  5. Void Beam and Amp energy rechargeable with Energy Orbs and Void Dashing through enemies (unless it already does that, then that'd be perfect).
  6. Operator jump and slide empowered by coming out of Void Mode and Void Dash, increasing mobility slightly outside of Naramon way-bound passives.

1. Operator's age/voice & facial expressions to be a young adult. (No Longer Little Brats)

2. Default to Operator, while in Relays/Dojos/Ships

• You can toggle this off and on.

3.Your Warframe & Pets fight alongside you.

• All Mods & Powers are affected, Including Weapons

4. Overall HP/Armour are improvised 

• Schools do this, but as a pre-set, it needs to be better. 

5. Duel-Amps & Armor is not just cosmetic.

• Each Armor can be upgraded and refocused with augments or implants, etc. 

6. Sheilds & Gateing added to the Operator

• Sheilds will be 100 at base, can upgrade to 200

7. Much better way to get Focus Points.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

More voice lines (better ones) more talkative (yep, kill me), more outfits, syandanas/cloaks.

2 minutes ago, Atekron said:

pls, make it that Lotus take Lua back to wherever it was before SD with all operators, thk u

I knew this thread would also attract all the salty, troll, operator haters...