Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So two handed Nikanas , but how do you feel about two handed Scythes ?

(PSN)Akuma_Asura_

I know I know , you’ve probably seen this topic before but for good reason . Deep down you know you wanna be like an edge lord death god swinging around a huge sycthe :highfive:. & with the annocement of two handed nikanas it seems a little more possible . Anyway my question is do you think it would be a good edition to the game or just too diablo lll. 

Edited by (PS4)Akuma_Asura_

1 minute ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

if it means we get scythes that are proper size, then yes please. I'm up for any and all new melee weapons, and am super excited about Daikatanas becoming a thing.

also IIRC, didn't they have a concept for fan-blades? I remember they wanted to add those in, and people seemed to really like it.

they do, and its mostly done, they forgot about it entirely while working on PoE however...

I want ultra greatswords more. Heavy blades are good but they still don't feel powerful enough as a heavy weapons. Something even warframes can barely swing and deal extra high damage with very long reach at the expense of mobility and speed.

Scythes in Warframes aren't looking that bad but they deserve better stance. The current animations look ret@rded...no offense.

Edited by Marvelous_A

29 minutes ago, Obviousclone said:

two handed scythes should have been how they were from the beginning.

true, they were suppose to be bigger, what we have today is the one being used for harvesting * cough *

and WTF with the animation ? why it needs to spin in the hands before swinging it ? they also need to change this. this is what slowing down the attack speed of the scythes 

2 hours ago, Marvelous_A said:

I want ultra greatswords more. Heavy blades are good but they still don't feel powerful enough as a heavy weapons. Something even warframes can barely swing and deal extra high damage with very long reach at the expense of mobility and speed.

Scythes in Warframes aren't looking that bad but they deserve better stance. The current animations look ret@rded...no offense.

That'll be impractical in an actual gameplay environment sadly. With how enemy AI seem to have semi aimbot accuracy and how poo the damage scaling is, weapons that are slower than the slow weapons we have in the game pretty much turns you to a "shoot me!" sign than an actual threat.

Literally the only thing i want from DE, That i've been wanting ever since i got my first Scythe from Stalker. they're just too short and stumpy, with too many twirls (don't get me wrong i love twirls), And i swear if they take inspiration from Vindictus and have all of the combos end with the blade smashed into the ground, I won't get over that.

6 hours ago, 7thCreed said:

I think the scythes in game are already two-handed. Anyway, I like to have a huge nikana while I play NieR Automata music in the background.

Nope. Our "scythes" are more glorified hatchets/kamas/pickaxes. There is maybe one 2-.handed strike in the entirety of the combos, the rest is 1-H. And that does not say anything, there are 2-handed strikes in dagger combos aswell.