Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Plains of Eidolon Feedback Survey

aidan890

I have a problem, I have a bad PC but can handle everything warframe trows at it except plains of Eidolon. When the second gate needs to open in area before PoE, game freezes and crashes. Every time i try... I know that is because of my bad PC (intel pentium e5800 3.20GHz Dual core, Nvidia Gforce 730, 3gb of ram) but if it can handle everything else at good fps, I think it would be nice to optimize it (maybe the cpu or hard drive is overused at point when I try to enter the second gate (they dont even open), I am guessing, not an expert) so we poor ninjas could enjoy it too.

15 minutes ago, SolidWulf said:

Surveys are actually a lot more useful. They provide actual statistics that can be used to make accurate assessments of the community's enjoyment and what parts need improving. Crawling through hundreds of forums pages to see disjointed, unorganized opinions that are not clear to an audience are not actually that helpful overall.

This of course relies on enough people taking the survey, but this is a problem shared by the forums as well.

You cannot make accurate assessements because you have no idea of the reasons behind people ranking stuff the way they are doing it. 
Someone rank the Cetus hub poorly. Good, DE has actual statistic on it. Now, why did that person ranked it poorly? Because it is irrelevant to gameplay? Because it has massive performance issues? Because they don't like the aesthitics? Because everything is centered around the hub and you have to do endless back and forths to accomplish anything on the plains?
These surveys can tell what people disliked but doesn't tell you anything about the reasons for people not liking something. And if you don't know why people doesn't like a certain feature, how can you possibly make it better? You can even make it worse. 
"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca

1 hour ago, [DE]Aidan said:

poe key art BANNER.png

Hey Tenno!

Now that Warframe’s largest update ever, “The Plains of Eidolon,” has been released to both PC and console Tenno, we wanted to give the community a concise method of giving feedback so that we know how to best develop future Open Zones!

You can find more information and the survey itself by clicking the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/nRO3PjI98CMiYuvj1

Thank you for taking the time to help make Warframe the best game it can be!

EDIT: The ranking system for the NPC question has been changed, you can not attribute the same ranking to multiple NPCs, and people that have previously submitted their results are now able to revise.

Done & Submitted just now. :satisfied:

23 minutes ago, SolidWulf said:

Surveys are actually a lot more useful. They provide actual statistics that can be used to make accurate assessments of the community's enjoyment and what parts need improving. Crawling through hundreds of forums pages to see disjointed, unorganized opinions that are not clear to an audience are not actually that helpful overall.

This of course relies on enough people taking the survey, but this is a problem shared by the forums as well.

It's only useful to seeing what people like or dislike. It's completely useless to get an idea of how people want things to change. Understanding how people want things to change is important so that they don't end up in another situation where people aren't happy with what they're doing. They say this will help them shape the next landscape, but it won't help them shape it to people's liking.

I'll probably be in the minority, but I don't like plains and the whole open area idea at all.

I was lured into warframe by the claustrophobic randomly generated dark labyrinths in the first place, and now instead of more labyrinths that I like, game gives me some skyrim maps with grass and rock collectathon. And terrible fishing.

I don't like it all.

I aint saying it shouldn't exist, as the variety is the good thing and a lot of people loving it, but I just wish that I'll get my some of my new claustrophobic labyrinths as well eventually.

And I despise fishing. Absolutely despise fishing. I play warframe for space ninja experience, not fishing. Let me grind for archwing charges by killing enemies, not fishing. Dear god, make fishing go away.

The standing/reward question for fishing and mining can cause confusion; I think the standing gains for ores and gems are a complete joke, but the ores/gems rewarded for mining is decent. 

I feel like bounties are sort of fair, but the grinding that is required for them kills any sense of game-play variety that the plains might create. It doesn't take THAT long to realize there's a bit under 10 different mission types in the plain, and the constant playing of bounties makes this painfully obvious. 

1 hour ago, MagPrime said:

Nice!

But if only there was a feedback sub-forum that was specifically for providing feedback on the plains, so that DE doesn't have to resort to online surveys to get viable and constructive feedback.

data is easier to get from surveys 

4 minutes ago, Anthraxicus said:

You cannot make accurate assessements because you have no idea of the reasons behind people ranking stuff the way they are doing it. 
Someone rank the Cetus hub poorly. Good, DE has actual statistic on it. Now, why did that person ranked it poorly? Because it is irrelevant to gameplay? Because it has massive performance issues? Because they don't like the aesthitics? Because everything is centered around the hub and you have to do endless back and forths to accomplish anything on the plains?
These surveys can tell what people disliked but doesn't tell you anything about the reasons for people not liking something. And if you don't know why people doesn't like a certain feature, how can you possibly make it better? You can even make it worse. 
"If one does not know to which port one is sailing, no wind is favorable" - Seneca

Well said. Couldn't be said better, imo. This survey does not actually provide feedback. It just gives an indicator of sentiment. All it ends up doing is shields DE from actual substantive feedback and gives them an excuse to just look at the survey results and not look at the feedback forum.

1 minute ago, Tennomancer said:

data is easier to get from surveys 

It gives raw numbers, but no reasons behind those numbers nor how the playerbase would like DE to make changes. 

DE used to have a sub-forum where the main post had survey questions, and then players were able to make posts, expanding on their answers, and these topics were moderated.  For whatever reason, DE shut down that sub-forum.

Sorry, but I just don't think having the survey is a good idea when it isn't integrated into the forum.  People wont see any point, any value, in making feedback topics.  This will basically kill the feedback sub-forums.

1 hour ago, Jukantos said:

while on the other hand i need to mine for AGES hoping i run into blue veins and then hoping for sentirum and nyth, which i need 30 of for the "arcane" sets.

The amount is insane, you need to find 90 since you need 3 to build a perfect one and each arcane need 3 perfect ones (or iam doing something wrong). I guess it's a platinium sink for vet but still... and this guy is right about the ressources disparity, i never liked the feeling of stockpilling a ressource without proper ressource sinks.

Other than that, i feel bounty wise, ressources like mining/fishing or whips should be shared and bounty should drop a reward to help with the afks and players who let others do the bounties for them while they gather ressources.  

Edited by Gilmaesh

I feel like there should be a reverse side of the Fishing/Mining resource requirements question.

For instance, I think that the requirements for obtaining fishing and mining equipment, gear, bait, etc. are all quite fair.

However-- and this is despite really, really enjoying fishing personally-- I don't think the resources obtained from them are used in a fair manner for other content from the plains.

I understand the need to interconnect the resources between the Ostrons and the Quills to pace progression through the Amps, and I understand the need for more valuable resources to be used to create more valuable objects like Zaw parts and Arcanes.

But I think that tying resources from fishing to these rewards, at least without an alternative avenue of acquiring them, is a mistake. I know that you can trade for and purchase fish parts with plat, but I feel that this only serves to further turn off players who dislike the fishing system. I've made a decent sum of plat by trading fish, and many players buying them from me complained about the system being tedious, boring, and/or unclear. I think including one or two more ways to acquire fish and minerals, such as in bounty vaults/caches, would make people feel like the alternatives of plat/trading were less unfair.

That been said, again, I really do love fishing, and I'd be overjoyed to see more fish. But I wouldn't want new content locked behind having to fish.

Just now, Worldbrand said:

I feel like there should be a reverse side of the Fishing/Mining resource requirements question.

For instance, I think that the requirements for obtaining fishing and mining equipment, gear, bait, etc. are all quite fair.

However-- and this is despite really, really enjoying fishing personally-- I don't think the resources obtained from them are used in a fair manner for other content from the plains.

I understand the need to interconnect the resources between the Ostrons and the Quills to pace progression through the Amps, and I understand the need for more valuable resources to be used to create more valuable objects like Zaw parts and Arcanes.

But I think that tying resources from fishing to these rewards, at least without an alternative avenue of acquiring them, is a mistake. I know that you can trade for and purchase fish parts with plat, but I feel that this only serves to further turn off players who dislike the fishing system. I've made a decent sum of plat by trading fish, and many players buying them from me complained about the system being tedious, boring, and/or unclear. I think including one or two more ways to acquire fish and minerals, such as in bounty vaults/caches, would make people feel like the alternatives of plat/trading were less unfair.

That been said, again, I really do love fishing, and I'd be overjoyed to see more fish. But I wouldn't want new content locked behind having to fish.

Like fishing giving you a drug to increase damage to eidolon, or grineer, or corpus.

Or creating costumizable mod (ostron special mod) from this item.

I will gladly fish all day

I did the survey and considered each answer, putting a lot of thought into them. Overall, I realized just how negative my responses were and would like to provide more context. Plains of Eidolon was fun for about 2 hours then got stagnant for me afterwards. There really isn't much incentive for myself to continue playing on the plains. The resources are trapped in a vacuum, and do not really affect other areas of the game. Operator upgrading is only for the teralyst fight, other aspects of the game that use operators can just use baseline abilities (focus nodes and base amp). Zaws are incredibly underwhelming for the time and resources it takes to build one. The merchants dont offer anything of value to take outside the plains. I get it's the first large consistet zone in the game and will get improvements. I just see little to no value in the items you can get from Cetus and that resources only affect that area. 

As for bounties, there really isn't much to say on them except there isn't a harder option with greater rewards. I know there are tier 5 bounties, but I would like to choose a difficulty to get a better shot at the rarer rewards in greater quantities to make them worth running. Other than that, they don't seem to be for Vets. That's just my two cents. 

Edited by Sajochi

I personnally don’t go to the plains beciase Cetus is glitchy as all,get out. Navigating thru the plains to find your way back sucks. I have not seen a tutorial on how,to get into my archnwings, which I hate anyways.. The map overlay fpr plains is horrible. 

I have a hard time finding my way back to gates to exit  has to be easier directions 

so it’s been Un-enjoyable 

All just my opinion. 

Honestly, as good as the Plains are, some things still just need tweaks to really get it going at 100%. For example, while there is lore etc, on Earth its just kinda... THERE. and you're FORCED to do at least one bounty if you're a new player, in order to get to Mars. I honestly feel like the Plains should be behind a quest slightly further in, just so newbies aren't going there with their starter frame and MK-1 weapons. Because honestly, I feel that though they CAN, they'd get a far better experience within the plains if they can access it once they've had a bit more playtime to get to know the game.

Also if someone is super new, having this MASSIVE area, currently the ONLY one in the game, so early on, is... kindof underwhelming. I know you guys at DE want it to be accessible early, but it kinda weakens the impact if you can waltz in, like 15 minutes into your first ever playsession, only to be disappointed there are no other areas like it in game, yet.

As for Cetus and the Ostrons themselves,

Konzu's good, Lovely little personality, he feels kinda like a guy getting to that "grumpy old man" stage, but isnt there yet so hes just kinda sweetly-grumpy lol. Also kinda wish we could interact with Saya after the quest...? I don't know what precisely she'd DO, but its kinda strange having everyone with personality interact-able other than her.

We do need more variety in bounties though. since its ALWAYS Trusk Grineer, even if its different missiontypes, it kinda feels the same because they always act the same. some are nice and quick like the prisoner/drone bits, but it does get boring somewhat quickly, especially when the bounties switch over, and you see what was a T2 bounty mission, then just be bumped up or down on the list, with different rewards. I feel like myself and others were hoping for more unique bounty objectives other than defense and rescue and rescue and defense and exterminate.

Hai-Luk honestly just needs some more line variety. Its admittedly annoying when you hear "mmh just a wee one, nothing to fear" "mmmn... Teeth.. still too big." and "This one will feed the WHOOLE family! And the cousins too!" with how often you go to her.

Old Man Suumbat I kinda like, but we have very very little reason to go to him, ever. Sure we can turn in SOME mining resources for admittedly still minimal standing for how long it takes to mine compared to fish, but yeah. Other than the blueprints required to make some things/the upgraded cutters, we have no reason to go to him. Maybe, for a price (credits) he could refine ores/gems FOR us if we dont have the Ostron Rank, or just dont feel like going to our ship to craft it ourselves? (You'd still need the ingredients, and more credits than normal) And perhaps let us trade in all the gems/ores, and maybe refined gems/ores for an increased amount of standing?

Nakak is the mask kid, they were useful during the Plague Star event, but thats about it. Honestly I've seen ONE person using the volt mask, and flares are nearly pointless. I understand its just fashionframe and the flares are supposed to be useful, but theyre... not. Other plus side, if you can nab it, you can make your operator into Clem with the Grineer mask.

Master Tesonai is... alright? I'd say he has a good stock of stuff if I didnt already have his entire stock by day 3 of release. The Moonless Kavat kit looks amazing (except the ankles, they look a little wonky, and I wish you could still put armor on them, and the Hyekka kit) but honestly, the Drahk and Feral kubrow kits, are just.. really dark. even if you use bright light colors, its still grungy and hard to see what colors you even used. Maybe have him sometime offer other gene masking kits, or special ostron pet armor as specials in the future?

Hok. Ohhhh Hok. (and Pedlek) Honestly, I feel Hok is the best crafted personality in the GAME so far. even though I've heard all his lines, all of them are nearly as funny still after the 80th time. He's just got a great personality and dynamic with Pedlek (the Ostron kid, presumably uncaring, dumb, apprentice chilling in the basket next to him) and he's actually fairly useful. He doesn't contribute directly to the Plains themselves, but Zaws can actually be really good provided you build them to your playstyle. You can effectively make any weapontype a monster. EVEN DAGGERS AND MACHETES. AKA Hok needs no changes (even more hilarious lines would be appreciated though!)

Aaand the Quills (since I dont wanna spoil anyone juuuuuust in case). Honestly, cores still feel like they give peanuts worth. Its enough and I understand why it is like it is, but would there be any chance of getting Quills bounties at some point for a boost in standing? Like, T1 Kill 20 Vomvalysts T2 Kill 50 vomvalysts T3 Kill a Teralyst T4 Capture a Teralyst T5 capture/defeat the new one coming out? (just as like, difficulty ranges. obviously for T1 and 2 the Vomvalysts would have an increased spawn rate, and perhaps drop cores even less frequently, as to not abuse it)

Honestly, thats about all I can think of that need tweaks. TL:DR More bounty types, make Suumbat more useful, give Hai-Luk more lines to not sound like a depressed broken record, new Tesonai stuff? and quills bounties or something, please.

16 minutes ago, Shepard42 said:

I have a problem, I have a bad PC but can handle everything warframe trows at it except plains of Eidolon. When the second gate needs to open in area before PoE, game freezes and crashes. Every time i try... I know that is because of my bad PC (intel pentium e5800 3.20GHz Dual core, Nvidia Gforce 730, 3gb of ram) but if it can handle everything else at good fps, I think it would be nice to optimize it (maybe the cpu or hard drive is overused at point when I try to enter the second gate (they dont even open), I am guessing, not an expert) so we poor ninjas could enjoy it too.

Will 100% garentee your maxing mem and possibly CPU, open up windows task manager and look at the tab that's a graphical representation of system usage when you try to go into Poe, also look up event viewer and see if the error code is something like 0x00000005 mem exception. That error occures when a program requests more mem than it can use

There is only one piece of Feedback about the PLains of Eidolon I wish I could give in this Survey. In general I love how every thing has turned out BUT. If there was one change I could implement. When doing pick-up groups *AT NIGHT* On the plains. Those who have not completed the War Within should not be grouped with those who have. (If the player population , as in numbers, even supports that notion) I have done a large number of Eidolon fights in pick up groups to varying amounts of success. Some of my best fun and groups have been PUGS. Someone who has not completed the War WIthin can contribute very little to the fight and is a detriment, (I'm also spoiling content for them) I don't even want to talk about Eidolon fights with those who have not even done the Second Dream.

The vendor-type NPCs go equally unnoticed except for their dialogue or whether they're willing to give me cosmetics. There's also a lot of the city that has interesting nooks but no real reason to go in the nooks. Would be nice if future worlds had gardens or trade areas or wandering npcs that encouraged you to look around if you weren't just there to bounty and bounce. Maybe some sort of in-city mini-game? Converting your trash mods into playing cards (Touch of triple triad or gwent in warframe?) Not all the future worlds can have more fishing after all...

1 hour ago, Jukantos said:

I feel i can't give the most important feedback for the plains that i need to give, which is how the amounts of the different resources needed are so incredibly vastly apart it's staggering. My Fersteel and Coprite Alloy are basically useless piles of trash, my devars are only worth converting into standing, while on the other hand i need to mine for AGES hoping i run into blue veins and then hoping for sentirum and nyth, which i need 30 of for the "arcane" sets.

Quoting for emphasis.

Farming nyth has been, by far, the most miserable experience I've ever had in Warframe. It's not fun gameplay. There's no joy when you finally get one of the gems you need after running around with no luck for a half an hour or more. There's not even relief. Just discomfort that you're going to have to run back, reset the instance, and spend another half an hour not doing something fun in order to get another gem.

What would be a fun mining game?

A clan-mate just suggested a minigame that involved Transferring into Ravenous Maws that would burrow, explosively chow down on rocks, cause havoc among the Grineer, and also poop gems when they've killed enough rocks and consumed sufficient Grineer souls.

Great survey asides from the confusion of having to rank NPCs. Thought like many others you had to rank them from 7 to 1 in regards to each other. Also think it would be important to separate function from personality in these cases, since otherwise people vote for the ones they use more often and not necessarily the most memorable characters.

Hopefully this will help balance rewards, mission types and future expansions.

Edited by (PS4)Stealth_Cobra

My biggest gripes with the Plains is that there's too few different Bounty objectives (like 7 total?) making doing bounties a bit too repetitive. I would really love to have like an extra dozen Bounty objectives added, with different gameplay mechanics to really spice up the overall Plains gameplay experience more.

Also, endlessly mining for Nyth and Sentirum is by far my least favorite Plains activity. Please make it more common so we can just kinda get it more passively, instead of completely burning out on mining for that one Arcane set you want.

1 hour ago, [DE]Aidan said:

poe key art BANNER.png

Hey Tenno!

Now that Warframe’s largest update ever, “The Plains of Eidolon,” has been released to both PC and console Tenno, we wanted to give the community a concise method of giving feedback so that we know how to best develop future Open Zones!

You can find more information and the survey itself by clicking the following link: https://goo.gl/forms/nRO3PjI98CMiYuvj1

Thank you for taking the time to help make Warframe the best game it can be!

EDIT: The ranking system for the NPC question has been changed, you can not attribute the same ranking to multiple NPCs, and people that have previously submitted their results are now able to revise.

Is there someplace we can add additional feedback? I was expecting a "Add anything else you want to comment on" section near the end of the survey.