Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag Prime melee Weapon?

Rayiss

Hi my fellow Tenno! :D

So I'm recently struggling finding a good melee Weapon that fits the style of my Mag Prime I'm currently using the Lacera because I think of all melee weapons so far it fits the style of mag the most.

Can you share your used melee weapons for Mag Prime? And why did you pick them?

(I'm not looking for the strongest melee weapon here this thread is about the style)

Thank you for all that suggestions! :D

I will try out as much weapons you recommended as possible :)

28 minutes ago, KokoroWish said:

Any of the thrown weapons work. Their stances involve alot of orbits and boomeranging throws that play into her theme. Glaive Prime for that prime theme if you like.

I thought of the glaive prime too havent tried any glaive weapon quite a time now I think it's time to give it a shot :)

58 minutes ago, Oru5732 said:

Zenistar is kinda cool, as Magnetize can pull the disk around.

I never thought of the zenistar! I will definitely try this weapon! Thank you!

32 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

You want style, but Mag Prime can only use a few melee weapons in her magnetize. Just run whatever you want. Throwing those specific melee into Magnetize is funny the first few times, but quite impractical.

Maybe your right :)

I asked because I have only a limited amount of potatoes and wasn't sure the upgrade my Lacera before I tried some different weapons on mag (because play style and fashion style is important!)

20 minutes ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I'd say Orvius, if you don't pair it with a 1-handed sidearm (because of its channeling charged attack), with the right mods on other weapons for lingering status and elements, could be a Condition Overload-based nuke.

Thank you for this suggestion I never really tried the orvius I will surely try it now :D

I like using the orvius in tandem with the mara detron because they work so well with magnatize, and the orbital strikes from astral twilight gives mag a breathing room whenever needed.

Another good melee would be the hirudo. Mag can self replenish shields, but has no means of healing health. And with toxic & slash bypassing shields, hirudo's quick heals (without needing to go full melee or channeling) is a really good way to get yourself out of sticky situations.

Edited by (PS4)watt4hem
Side note regarding the orvius, you can still use its special channeling throw while dual wielding. Simply throw at the right timw to make it go rainbow, and don't let go of the melee button. It basically treats the orvius asbif it was channeled.

11 minutes ago, (PS4)watt4hem said:

I like using the orvius in tandem with the mara detron because they work so well with magnatize, and the orbital strikes from astral twilight gives mag a breathing room whenever needed.

Another good melee would be the hirudo. Mag can self replenish shields, but has no means of healing health. And with toxic & slash bypassing shields, hirudo's quick heals (without needing to go full melee or channeling) is a really good way to get yourself out of sticky situations.

Thank you for this answer! I will  definitely try those Weapons out :)

The hirudo sounds interesting :D

I personally use Obex Prisma with a syndicate augment. In short, it explodes enemies who die on a downed finisher, many times triggering a chain reaction around all nearby mobs. This synergizes well with Mag's two first abilities which pull enemies either to you or to a tight cluster. It's the sheeeet.

Edited by Tellakey

12 minutes ago, Sziklamester said:

Let her decide what she wish to use @MagPrime

Hahaha nice one xD

8 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

I personally use Obex Prisma with a syndicate augment. In short, it explodes enemies who die on a downed finisher, many times triggering a chain reaction around all nearby mobs. This synergizes well with Mag's two first abilities which pull enemies either to you or to a tight cluster. It's the sheeeet.

Thanks for that I'll have a look on this chain reaction melee Weapon :D

1 minute ago, Rayiss said:

Hahaha nice one xD

Thanks for that I'll have a look on this chain reaction melee Weapon :D

Cool! Don't forget to judge the weapon only as a maxed product and not as a pre-leveled one. It could seem overwhelming if you don't take the time to put the right mods in. But do it and its downright OP (DE pls no nerf). It's my secret weapon nobody else talks about. Shhhhhh...

Obex or its Prisma variant. I build for a nice amount of base damage (and Finisher damage) and equip Entropy Detonation (available from Cephalon Suda). Pull knocks enemies down and brings them in melee range, Magnetize does an okay job of grouping enemies, scaling health blasts from Entropy Detonation are fun times.

EDIT: @Tellakey beat me to this. Guess your secret isn't so secret tho, eh Tenno? Props to Obex.

Edited by SenorClipClop

5 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Obex or its Prisma variant. I build for a nice amount of base damage (and Finisher damage) and equip Entropy Detonation (available from Cephalon Suda). Pull knocks enemies down and brings them in melee range, Magnetize does an okay job of grouping enemies, scaling health blasts from Entropy Detonation are fun times.

EDIT: @Tellakey beat me to this. Guess your secret isn't so secret tho, eh Tenno? Props to Obex.

We shall be the Obex cult! :D

I like to use polearms with her with decent range. I use pull to get enemies close enough, and use the range to take out the enemies I pull in before they get up. I like the range as well because getting close with a squishy mag is sometimes a bit risky. I generally use the kesheg or sydon with her. 

Thanks to all of you looks like I have a lot of weapons to try and I thought that I have a decent load out with all my melee weapons but none of you have mentioned a single melee I got xD

Well im going to farm and grind for now (and of course praying to rngesus) :D

Maybe I try the reaper prime too for fashionframe purposes :D

3 hours ago, Koldraxon-732 said:

I'd say Orvius, if you don't pair it with a 1-handed sidearm (because of its channeling charged attack), with the right mods on other weapons for lingering status and elements, could be a Condition Overload-based nuke.

The special effects of the channeled throw are part of the charged throw when dual wielding. 

Try these 

Sword: Mag P came with Dakra P, I think it was chosen for its high base damage, which can be multiplied by the bubble. Broken war, Krokhur have crept in to top it, so I use these while dakra is vaulted. Any stance is fine but a vid on dakra and wiki taught me Crimson Dervish has a 300% multiplier so why not. Special mention to plasma sword since it looks like a light saber and Pangolin for its slam status effect 

Tonfas: both stances have a spin which I enjoy doing inside the bubble or or for tracking. Ohma has pure elemental which can easily be status proced. The spin combo on the sovereign outcast is fast and can track well. Kronen has ragdoll whole Ohma electric status on slam.

Glaives: these interact with the bubble unlike gunblades :( 

Elemental slam attacks are good while enemies are stuck in the bubble. Heat dagger/sword, Silva/Aegis, Amphis, Ohma, Dark dagger can all proc on slam. 

Hammers for Corpus Axes for Infested I suggest Jat kittag for its range

Sydon’s puncture base is very good for grineer

Galatine or any long reaching weapon for that pull to melee combo even in midair. Jump to a backflip can help you track. Orthos P has the range even on slam, while Gram has style 

Remember the melee will not put in the damage as much as Mag so keep casting and ccing. Steel charge aura if you intend to do mainly melee. Greedy pull I like to use to grab stuff/orbs this makes her recover faster when matched with Equilibrium. Elemental bullet jumps or mobilize helps escape bad situations, so does a quick polarize or crush if you have the energy 

Channeling is good idea in general. 

GG & thanks to all creators and Mag Mains who taught me these 

Edited by (PS4)Chel-El