Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your reason to play solo?

angias

Personally i never play solo (excepted when i feel like caping my focus).

I often see player recommend playing solo when there is an issue with matchmaking or pub.

I mean what is gain to it?

(I am aware of stealth affinity multiplier)

How does it benefit the Community?

2 minutes ago, angias said:

How does it benefit the Community?

It doesn't.  It benefits me.

Why should I have to put up with someone else's nonsense when I don't have to.  Full disclosure, I play about 50% solo and 50% coop.  If playing coop makes sense then I do it but don't pretend that there are not negatives to had at the same time as the positives.

For people with defecatory internet, or a potatoe laptop, I do not want to be a pain to players by hosting, or I don't want ping lag adding on to my problems

You can pause missions (except poe)

You can go at your own pace

No expectations, you can try out different builds

Again, its faster for those that have bad internet and you wont get yelled at :>

That's just my honest opinion

I've heard players solo'ing because they hate leechers that just join and do nothing while you do the killing and the only thing they contribute to is adding the the number of enemies :c

It does not benefit the community, hence called Solo.

Edited by CalcualtedMurderMachine

I'm a loner, I prefer to do things by myself.

Plus, I don't want someone to help me, otherwise, it means that I didn't fully succeed/succeeded. (someone helps me there, I'm not english ;-;)

EDIT: I also just want to take my time, not having d*mb*sses with me rushing the mission.

Edited by Xenox_Ilz-ot

People are like ultra aggressive in Public. I understand, we all like slaughtering hordes, but sometimes I also want kills.

Also spy missions. I literally never do them on public. Takes me like 3 minutes no problem but on public it somehow takes longer and failure becomes an option. Or it turning into an exterminate from not stealthing any of them.

In general, in guarantees my experience is what I want it to be.

Personally, I get irritated with most people and their behavior. God forbid they are using voice chat. I have a fairly low tolerance for a lot of things, and I obviously can't make others behave in a way that doesn't annoy me, so I just save everyone the trouble and play alone. I did join 2 public groups for Plague Star, but felt that the rewards weren't worth it, so I did all my other runs alone. 

You're the only one controlling enemy AI.

You are the weakest link, the mission goes as fast as you go. No one can hinder you either intentionally or unintentionally.

Game is too easy while playing solo. Getting more players just makes it more easy (assuming everyone knows what they're doing and playing objective-oriented).

I'm selective on when I solo. If I'm looking to farm then I usually just pub because it's not a big deal. 

But when I actually want to accomplish something, i usually solo. This is especially true for Plains. I've done two missions with pubs and both times I had rude people get in my group and complain about the extraction timer. I'd rather just go alone than listen to someone who thinks 30secs is a long time. 

I don't like people. That's all.

Edit: And before someone asks why I play a multiplayer game if I don't, let me just say that I enjoy the fact that the game feels alive because of those people... I'd just rather enjoy that feeling from the sidelines.

Edited by Gabbynaru

il y a 8 minutes, HellVOps a dit :

No leechers, enough said when it happens.

I guess it's a question of opinion.

I don't think leecher represent a big portion of the playerbase nor it is enough of a problem to justify this behavior.

i only tend to play solo when doing Rivens or Spy missions...cuz people suck.

It's not meant to benefit the community. People have their reasons, and that's fine for them if they want to solo. Suggesting someone solo should never be the solution to overcoming bad game design, exploitation or lack of balance. That's in no way productive and only benefits those with a lack of skill that need the imbalance or exploits to accomplish anything.

The only thing that I play solo are sortie spy missions. God it's frustrating when a random fails. But when doing long missions, I prefer looking for a squad in chat than joining directly, I hate corridor campers, quake banshees,... thank god there's no leaving trolls squads during defense timeouts anymore. 

#1 I don't have to deal with other people's bullsh1t or eye popping special fx. 

#2 I can play at whatever pace I want without inconveniencing others. 

#3 I like to keep my FPS at 60. Most of the time it drops to 30 something online. 

#4 I can pause whenever I want.

#5 I can solo everything so I don't need help from others.

Edited by aligatorno