The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It basically seems to work like a nullifier bubble while you're transferring to the next round, which is pretty damn punishing when it drains or turns off abilities

That is the whole point (discussed in a recent stream). It has the same mechanics as a nulifier bubble. In saying that, I fail to see why it is even necessary. 

7 hours ago, That1Cactus said:

it's called an update being bugged and de trying to fix it. i'm certain the console players are thankful we're testing this out so that it *doesn't* cause problems anymore

Yeah, now imagine if they hadn't rushed the damn thing and lumped us with an unplayable mess on a friday night.

1 minute ago, FrostedMike said:

The whole point is starting fresh with every zone, Nidus's mutation stacks are no exeption. I'm even glad it drains slowly and not just gone.

If the point was starting fresh, Nidus would start with no stacks. Because when you start the mission, Nidus has no stacks.

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

If the point was starting fresh, Nidus would start with no stacks. Because when you start the mission, Nidus has no stacks.

This is what I was originally thought, but this is not the reality after experiancing it myself. I think it's because it's so difficult to even gain stacks there.

Nidus is not useful without stacks.

There is not enough time to get 100 stacks in 2.5 mins.

Nidus is not useful in 2.5 mins.

This mission that is played in 2.5 minutes Nidus is not useful in.

A whole Warframe is not useful in this game mode.

There needs to be a change.

Just now, FrostedMike said:

I think it's because it's so difficult to even gain stacks there.

The idea is just to have no powers carry over. I assume there would be countless bugs if they did. So, it is just treated as a nulifier bubble - and Nidus just happens to lose stacks. I am not even sure they had considered the stacks when they designed it.

I never found my health full after the transition (unless it already was). It just seems to be energy and powers that are reset.

The easiest fix for most of these problems is a solution already in the game, when you open a void relic you get the item saved even in the cases of missions messing up critically.

If they use that here there would be no issues even with the broken host migration. With the broken host migration AND you only know what item you get after someone has already proceeded it makes it grounds for griefing and wasting everyones time.  That or make it the defense type leave system, where you make your option known.

Edited by Deadoon

18 minutes ago, FrostedMike said:

The whole point is starting fresh with every zone, Nidus's mutation stacks are no exeption. I'm even glad it drains slowly and not just gone.

It should not function this way because Nidus is unique. There is no reason for him not to be an exception. If you had to start every round with no stacks the frame would be borderline useless in the mode, which is ridiculous. So there's no point in draining stacks either, because all it is amounts to nothing more than arbitrary early Onslaught punishment for playing a specific frame, and a late game inconvenience for the same reason.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

22 minutes ago, krc473 said:

That is the whole point (discussed in a recent stream). It has the same mechanics as a nulifier bubble. In saying that, I fail to see why it is even necessary. 

Yes, it has the same mechanics as a bubble. My point is that it should not work the same way for Nidus. I assume the point is to disable abilities, but there's no point to draining stacks. I believe this is a severe oversight. I can't see why it would be this way by design, specifically to punish Nidus.

Just got the most frustrating espirience with the Elite mode, got a captura scene nice... got the lato vandal bp NICE, finisehd zone 8 and... CRASHED, tried to go back to the mision... everyone on the squad got DCed and lost the rewards, and again the crash was on the moment the conduict spawns
Also when someone reconects after a crash like this one the nezt zone conduict will not spawn

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

I believe this is a severe oversight. I can't see why it would be this way by design, specifically to punish Nidus.

On the stream, they had to check what would happen with some of the programmers. I feel like it is something that they did not even consider.

I agree, it should not drain stacks. Hopefully, they will realise it is a bad idea and fix it.

7 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

I can't believe in 2018 company's still dont do server hosting.. 

Servers are expensive, and you'd have to have enough servers to facilitate every single mission going on at once. That's on top of the server space already used to store your account and everything you own in game, especially in regards to Rivens. For PvE games, peer-to-peer hosting is much cheaper and easier on the devs end. For PvP games though it's unacceptable.

14 minutes ago, MokutoBunshi said:

Nidus is not useful without stacks.

There is not enough time to get 100 stacks in 2.5 mins.

Nidus is not useful in 2.5 mins.

This mission that is played in 2.5 minutes Nidus is not useful in.

A whole Warframe is not useful in this game mode.

There needs to be a change.

Perhaps you could change your build then larva nidus would be useful and you don't need stacks either.

vor 7 Stunden schrieb KilluaWalker:

Normally I can take an educated guess at what a person wants when they give criticism to a peice of content but im kinda lost on what you would like. 

If you want the game to be "less mindless" your asking for entire fundamentals of the game to change, something i dont think is going to change anytime soon.

Why not have an educated guess, then? Or do some math yourself? Like 100/2*8*3 minutes. That's 20 hours in the statistical average for a 2% reward like Braton Vandal BP to drop in wave 8 of Elite Onslaught. If you make it that far all the time. And all while pressing 4 and doing slide attacks all the time...

You leave the very strong impression that you haven't even tried Onslaught yet.

As Necros if I summon my shadows on one level then travel to the next one I need to wait till they die to be able to summon them to where I am.

If i try to bring them to my position by casting 4 while they are still alive they don't get summoned to me. (This also happens in the Plains of Eidulon if I get too far away from my summons)

Can we get new sekharas added to the normal and hardcore version of this mode to replace the ones that were removed with raids.  Are better yet you can bring back a version of the skulll badge for the sanctuary onslaught leaderboards. Also can we get a sekhara for finishing a certain amount not of tridolon on the plains.

As much as I would love to play in a Group, whether Pre-made or Public, the number of bugs that can potentially waste your time if you're trying to get something in a specific Rotation is just too damn easy to trigger. If someone DC's and reconnects mid-way, the portal for the next Zone won't spawn and the mission ends. Host disappears and causes a Host Migration which then leads to disconnection and lost of rewards. These are bugs that were reported way too many times and seems like it won't be fixed anytime soon so I'd like to suggest if you can optimize the game mode for Solo Play in the mean time.

• Reduce the drain rate of Stability based on the number of players, with the standard drain (which is live) to be that of 4 Players, having lower Stability Rate the less players are in the squad.
  • Increase the Stability Gain from getting Efficiency Stimulus based on the number of players in the squad, with the standard 10% with 4 Players and higher gain the lesser the players are in the squad.
  • Starting Energy from each Zone is increased the less players there are in the squad.

49 minutes ago, tCartmant said:

I can't believe in 2018 company's still dont do server hosting.. 

They do. Relays, Cetus, Chat, Login, Datacenter... they just cant secure enough servers to provide smooth experience for hundred thousands hungry tenno at the same time.

I actually didn't even notice this until I saw this thread because I pretty much max out my stacks by the 2nd wave and stopped caring. I run a build though with Overextended, Transient Fortitude, Intensify and Growing Power to stay around 130-150-ish power and I just do nothing but spam 1 on the horde of mobs soon as I start because it doesn't have enough damage to kill them right away, I've gotten to around 50 stacks in the first 30-40 seconds like this on Elite mode.

Edited by MarcusGraves

The big rooms really kill the rate required. But after the first C rotation at 8, I think its fair for the "difficulty" to really ramp up instead of needing to wait for a hour. If there was actions to be taken to decrease efficiency loss, like standing on nulifier pads out in the open of some of these arena sized rooms. It would make a better team game. There needs to be some more dangerous gimmicks or you are only fighting spawn rate.

5 hours ago, Duduminador said:

Congratz DE, you do not disappoint in creating new content that never fails to get washed out by old meta, whether it's an ulti mesa or the next random frame on eternal Atterax spintowin. It's actualy amazing that with so many updates and hotfixes, that you refuse to deal with this stuff. Digital Extremes certainly shells out more updates than any other game out there. But the other developers actually bother to address exploit mechanics.

Disagree and its also off topic. Plenty of overused things have been nerfed into the ground, think Telos Boltace. Good things will be used, though. If you are annoyed by Atterax, shouldnt you applaud that Telos Boltace has virtually vanished from the game?

Or have you forgotten the old invul bless trin? Or the blind-without-line-of-sight Mirage? All these things used on high level content have been pretty much axed, and you ask for even MORE nerfs?

I certainly dont approve of nerfing everything that is slightly better than the rest. You can get similar results with other weapons than the Atterax, think Guandao. And Mesa is just a convenient way to kill things fast, and there are other ways to kill things fast.

Stop ASKING for nerfs, people put forma into them, bought high priced Riven mods and tailored useful items into their favourite loadout, which means they also get emotionally attached to something. Nerfing those things will hurt the ones that use them emotionally. Not a good marketing strategy.