Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

With Venari, Can We Now Mod Exalted Weapons Separately?

EchoesOfRain

Venari came with a small modification to the arsenal screen, with its own section to customize and mod Venari. Any chance we could take this tech and use it to mod Exalted weapons? Right now those weapons rely on the equipped weapon, but exalted weapons don't benefit from any rivens you might have on them, wasting a mod slot. The build for your gun or melee may not work well with the build for your warframe's exalted ability. This is the perfect opportunity to give us an amazing QoL change

2 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

It sounds like a good idea, but... the complaint will be that "this will make exalted weapons overpowered, and they are already powerful."

except it would be no different than it is now....just giving us even more flexibility in our builds (which is a good thing) as we wouldn't be required to mod our primary, secondary or melee for exalted abilities.

3 minutes ago, VampirePirate said:

It sounds like a good idea, but... the complaint will be that "this will make exalted weapons overpowered, and they are already powerful."

It wont make them any more powerful than they already can be. 

Also, if it follows the trend of Venari we may have to work for it.  Unless I've been misinformed about how Khora works, we'd need to add a Catalyst and any Forma we may want.

2 minutes ago, Kalvorax said:

except it would be no different than it is now....just giving us even more flexibility in our builds (which is a good thing) as we wouldn't be required to mod our primary, secondary or melee for exalted abilities.

okay... just get prepared for some heavy debating from other people, is all i'm saying.

2 minutes ago, Katinka said:

It wont make them any more powerful than they already can be. 

Also, if it follows the trend of Venari we may have to work for it.  Unless I've been misinformed about how Khora works, we'd need to add a Catalyst and any Forma we may want.

i'm not for or against the idea.  Just telling you what the complaint will be.

I'm not for this.  While it does mean you "waste" a slot for not having the Riven translate over, I think Exalted Weapons are fine as they are.  And I would rather not have to forma Excalibur, Ivara, Mesa, Valkyr, Titania, and Wukong just for their weapons.  That is my biggest irk with Venari is that whatever you think you need forma-wise for Khora, you practically need to double it just for the sake of the Kavat.  Titania would be the worst because you would have to mod both her Dex Pixia and her melee for her ultimate.  This should be a one off and something unique that is Khora exclusive.

25 minutes ago, Olianu said:

I think Exalted Weapons are fine as they are.

Spoiler

Image result for reeeee gif

Suffer.

Weapon based abilities are far from fine, the fact that they cost energy and yet a lot of them still under-perform is a pretty good example of why.

I say we go all out, allow us to mod them separately, remove the currently pointless restriction on acolyte mods because it won't hurt the current broken meta, and then create Rivens specifically for weapon abilities.

Make the melee situation even messier that it already is, because then there's more reason to buckle down with Melee 3.0. Sound logic imo. 

Plus it would mean I might actually be able to use a Riven for once...

(I'm only half joking).

I would probably dislike having to forma and putting potatoes on those seperately... if they came with a decent amount of useful polarities (3 x V for example) and potato on frame = potato on exalted. Then yeah I'd be all for it.

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Image result for reeeee gif

Suffer.

Weapon based abilities are far from fine, the fact that they cost energy and yet a lot of them still under-perform is a pretty good example of why.

I say we go all out, allow us to mod them separately, remove the currently pointless restriction on acolyte mods because it won't hurt the current broken meta, and then create Rivens specifically for weapon abilities.

Make the melee situation even messier that it already is, because then there's more reason to buckle down with Melee 3.0. Sound logic imo. 

Plus it would mean I might actually be able to use a Riven for once...

(I'm only half joking).

This^ so much This^

I think that Venari sets an appropriate precedent for this.

I'd probably mod Excalibur's melee for regaining health while using the Exalted Blade when I'm strictly on the offensive. They might have to look at some other frames though. Perhaps this would push Titania over some edge? Impossible for her melee, but her range maybe?

3 hours ago, Madway7 said:

I would probably dislike having to forma and putting potatoes on those seperately... if they came with a decent amount of useful polarities (3 x V for example) and potato on frame = potato on exalted. Then yeah I'd be all for it.

Wait, Venari need a potato separate from Khora? You don't have it potatoed as well if you only put reactor on Khora?