Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.4

[DE]Rebecca

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

- Fixes to ensure mission timer pauses once all enemies have been cleared and players are waiting for portal to appear.

I don't know about that. Having one random mob stuck/ducking somewhere would keep the timer going with a wee bit too big an impact on the overall progress. On top of that, having the timer going while portal materializes can lead to 2 waves of anger and frustration caused by either the mission crashing due to loading times and sudden switching from next zone back to Simaris or just by watching your even numbered wave ending in a failure because Simaris took its sweet, sweet time to open the conduit - meaning quite a bit of wasted minutes for not much. Please remember that, overall, the mission doesn't create special challenges (that any RQ Banshee can't bypass and that any other warframe using close range attacks can mitigate) and doesn't have too much of an incentive to keep players coming back - to the point where Defection missions feel more lively, to the point where sabotage missions with cashes or even Kuva Survival feel more rewarding.

Punish the players for failing, for bad tactics and such. Don't do it for bad AI path-finding, for overcautious AI behavior and don't frustrate'em with unnecessary delays that come on top of the previously mentioned issues, a feeling further pushed by subpar rewards and the dead time of odd numbered zones... Hmm.. could maybe haul all the trash loot into odd numbered zones and replace'em in the even numbered ones with more desirable drops.

Although, truth be told, if the mechanics of Onslaught don't change and the challenge will remain "how many times can a Banshee player mash '4' before falling asleep", then the rewards are fitting, if not too good for the mission.

• This is made worse by the host migration system DELETING ALL PLAYER REWARDS IF THE HOST LEAVES! Host doesn't get that C rotation zone 8 reward he wanted? He dips. You lose 20 minutes of your life, no affinity, no drops, no NOTHING.

Ah man, I just lost ten round because of this. Annoyed because I was doing so well. Damn host migration?

So about the loot that I lost...

• This is made worse by the host migration system DELETING ALL PLAYER REWARDS IF THE HOST LEAVES! Host doesn't get that C rotation zone 8 reward he wanted? He dips. You lose 20 minutes of your life, no affinity, no drops, no NOTHING.

Ah man, I just lost ten round because of this. Annoyed because I was doing so well. Damn host migration?

So about the loot that I lost...

1 hour ago, VengefulMaelstrom said:

Please give a reward for each zone of Santuary Onslaught instead of every 2 zones, makes getting the parts with abysmal drop rates easier

Fully support this, seeing as DE doesn't seem to want to do anything about the drop rates being too low on the things we actually want (most of us don't want relics or endo) this would 'help' a little with the grind. 

Oh and no mention of fixing the host migration bug where we lose everything...hmm

48 minutes ago, Fearless_Observer said:

Thanks for the hotfix, i'm going to play now and I really hope that my game doesn't freeze if I'm not the host like it did before. RNGesus, be kind to me too! :)

Update: Got in Sanctuary with a squad of 2 Volts and a Inaros, me being Trinity.

First bug was when I had already jumped to zone 8 and Simaris told me to hurry because my teammates had already jumped and I was like "Yo Simaris, I'm already here, son!" at which he replied by giving me a white screen for a few seconds but eventually he saw his mistake and brought me back to the game.

Then, one of my teammates' kavat didn't make the jump to zone 9, so R.I.P. to the poor bugger.

And finally at zone 10, after reviving a teammate, my Trinity start doing the moonwalk in the same spot and I couldn't move anymore nor shoot or melee, not even with the command unstuck, not even trying to die (stupid Carrier decided this time to actually revive me on my first dying attempt...), so when the portal closed, it was "hasta la vista, baby" for me.

But at least, this time, I kept my rewards...

DE, fixing bugs since 2013, one hotfix at a time xD

I vote for either doing drops every Zone or reducing the Zone timer to a minute. That'll make it feel more fast paced to boot. Also can we get the drop rotation on Defection to be 4 rescues to get the C reward as well? It'd make Harrow farming so much more bearable.

I have serioulsy lost the will to play any more onslaught after losing the khora neuroptics, that i've been farming hours for, to whichever bug causes everyone to lose all mission rewards. There wasn't even a host migration, just a laggy host. How can rotation rewards still not be safeguarded in this game after so many years??

Tried the recent hotfix on Elite Onslaught solo again. It's at best, slightly better with the stimulus being moved around on zone 5, 6, and 7 in specific regards to playing it solo. (I didn't bother to go past 9, because I would usually just scrap by reaching zone 9).

In regards to solo on Elite Onslaught, it's still a pretty rough and painful ride to get through on solo to rotation C if you're not running with Zenurik, arcanes or lacking other builds. At best I'm running with Wukong and atterax with maiming strike and I'm just scrapping by to get to rotation C, because I have nothing else in my arsenal that can come close to making it this far as far as I can tell. 

It's a slight improvement (in regards to moving stimulus and some spawns), but may we please see more future hotfix changes adjust the solo efficiency rate be more reasonable and lenient on us?

- Zone 6: Especially in regards to Lua balcony, may this tileset either be completely removed (because it's far too big of an open space and due to the enemy type being Grineer, they run into wide open spaces or take cover behind defensive positions rather than directly coming right at us. And you will lose a ton of efficiency on this one). Or possibly change the enemy type to infested? (Not sure if that might help more maybe?). The stimulus being moved towards near the circular bottom area and now at the bottom of the right staircase is a slight improvement (just Lua's balcony is still far too spacious and the enemy AI are not good at coming directly towards us in solo mod, they still spread themselves out too far). It's this single zone that causes the most grief for solo I would say (Zone 7 just a little bit, but nowhere near as bad as Lua balacony). 

- Zone 7: Thank you for moving one of the stimulus towards near the spawn in area rather than way far off to the left. I noticed that one of the spawn doors was actually removed so that was also nice. Still lose some efficiency on here but I think it's just mainly due to enemy AI constantly moving back and forth the levels since they keep running on the staircases and they don't seem to want to stay on one level. But it's more reasonable than Lua balcony that's for sure.

They did say they were still working on fixing bugs, maybe they just don't know what's causing the whole host migration bug. What I would like to see is the increase in the frequency of rewards. It's just too much to sit through 20 minutes and just get relics, if i wanted to do that i'd go to hydron. At least i can level up some frames and weapons and still get some relics from it.

2 minutes ago, BtheLee said:

They did say they were still working on fixing bugs, maybe they just don't know what's causing the whole host migration bug. What I would like to see is the increase in the frequency of rewards. It's just too much to sit through 20 minutes and just get relics, if i wanted to do that i'd go to hydron. At least i can level up some frames and weapons and still get some relics from it.

It drop radiant relics lol, Well worth doing the new game mode but only problem it has the bugs and 400 endo reward :P (we cannot escape this reward ever) 

me and a friend just got to transition 12 had 100% efficiency when the map started,but the map was a huge kuva fortress map 1 min later we was finished.

you really gotta try and take these maps outta the rotation. And please give out some kinda decent rewards,Im finishing games with nothing but relics.....

but what ya have is kinda fun,just needs some serious tweaks.

I love sanctuary onslaught, but i have to criticise the rewards (elite), where u recieve a lot of radiant relics (i find it good),but the problem is....why DE didnt put any mods on elite and normal, which there are tons of mods that are worth to get.

Edit: i was talking about rare mods.

I'm fed up with losing all my hard earned loot. This is the most frustrating bug filled pile of smeg ever. I guess I'll just wait a few days/weeks and see if the bugs get fixed. Might Have grown some hair back by then.

I'm so tender at the moment. Don't touch me.

Archived