Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive.
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.

I think just tapping the ability should swap Venari's stances. While holding the ability should change the base damage that Khora's Whipclam does to enemies(also alters her appearance like how it was supposed to with her original kit). Slash adds a slash proc to enemies. Impact takes out shields and staggers enemies, and Pierce takes out armor and possibly lowers enemies damage.

3 minutes ago, Darkvramp said:

Are we going to be able to revive her?

I like to know that myself. The idea of summoning a pet like we do now is really neat and isnt over powered. What can be better if a change is forced to be done, is to make it possible to revive Venari with, let us say, a 100 energy or so (While efficency mods can cahnge that).

But just, having her doesnt sound as fun. It be just a copy of another kavat in teh team, just fancier and no loyatly and dna stability loosing.

7 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive.
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.

press and hold to revive Venari when Venari dies 

Just now, Ocerkin said:

question, the game has been running for 5 years now, when is it not longer a beta? seems like full release wont occur until DE stop making money off the game to me

They keep it a beta so they can to full reworks like Melee and Movement. 

14 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari

Not sure that I like this, but we'll see what happens as all of it is subject to change. However, I'd prefer to just cast and remove the duration, or keep it duration based and remove Venari's health. If not, Venari dies, Venari dies. Recast for energy - maybe with a small cooldown; similar to what happens in Onslaught. Otherwise, I'm happy with these planned changes so far! I already love Khora as she is, so this is all great to see.

*Even after clarifying that Venari will likely be able to be revived, I still don't like the idea of having Venari basically just be another kavat in the revive department.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive.

This will make Venari worse and make Khora's 3rd ability non existent outside of low level. Pets die easily, their AI can't deal with enemies and deal with threat properly, things like Sapping Osprey already are an issue and constantly/easily kill pets (to the point that you revive the Kubrow/Kavat and they instantly enter bleedout again because of drone nearby), the only reason this isn't a major issue for Khora is because she can cast Venari, taking the cast away will only make things worse because then you will have to die to summon Venari again.

At high levels pets are an issue because they die super fast and often derp so hard that they die right after reviving (bigger issue for Kubrows due to loyalty), that pretty much means Khora will have an ability that she can only use when she dies, that's just bad. Just no, please, no. I'd rather not have Venari as a passive, I don't need that, I much prefer how she works now but with added commands, I'd rather cast than have a crappy passive pet that is a power but requires me to die to bring her back.

Bleedout timer would be "okay" but far worse than what we have now, because at mid~high level pets become a reviving fest, Venari at least only eats my energy (sometimes too much because some enemies really don't like pets and insta lock-on to her).

Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.

Emphasis on the bold part, what? Shouldn't changing posture be free? So to change to heal from attack I need to pay energy twice because protect is in the middle? I hope this wasn't phrased properly.

Strangledome

• Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
  • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!

Can we at least have the enemies stop moving as much? It's detrimental, that and the dome size increasing with range mods also is detrimental (not the pull, that's fine). And please highlight the enemies like how Khora's 2 does, that would help finding the enemies.

Overall I don't see many of the issues being addressed (well, things that I find to be bigger issues than most of the fixes being announced here) and it feels like we are going around the issues and not fixing the real issues. Ensnare's duration being halved on pulled enemies isn't being mentioned here, Venari's abilities also need fixes/changes but nothing about that either.

Edit:

(*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

That's still worse than what we have now. Recasting is what makes Venari less of a pain to deal with, I use my energy, not my time. Pets doesn't even have invincibility when revived and at high levels it can often happen that the enemy will insta kill them right after you revive them (even more when you use Operator to revive which makes the pet the only target the enemy will have which many times makes it so the pet dies right after I finish reviving them) and they constantly die to sapping Osprey mines as they can't deal with hazards.

Often I have to tell people to stop reviving my Kavat because she just keeps dying and some people are nice enough to revive her but when I don't need the Kavat anymore they can let it die instead of delaying extraction, now Khora will have to manage possibly 2 pets bleeding out and she can't heal Venari except for 1 mod that forces her to use melee. Didn't revive your second Kavat? Now you need to die to have access to one of your powers, C'mon, we are just taking a stop forward and then taking 2 steps back.

13 minutes ago, MrDash said:

It literally says right there "When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive."

yeah... Wich sounds terrible. Do I need to die to revive Venari? At this point is better as an ability :D

4 minutes ago, DarkFlameZealot said:

Take onslaught out of the game then and completely rework both. It's what the entire community that cares a little bit about the game wants.

I don't want Onslaught taken out of the game.  I want it fixed so that a host leaving doesn't cause everyone else to lose all their rewards, but I quite like the game mode personally.   Sure a Banshee or Equinox can suck all the fun out of playing it, but if I can actually leave at the end of any zone, even if I'm the host, I really don't mind.

16 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Whipclaw

• Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the combo counter.
  • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
  • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.

Good tweaks and additions, but do you think you could increase it's damage? It's very lackluster when you take into consideration Gara's Shattered Las and Wukong's Iron Jab that do 800 damage scaled by mods, and Atlas's Landslide doing 350/700/1400 damage,

Also, please make it a single handed ability.

The ability compared to other melee based first abilities is lackluster in the damage department, and some uniformity across them when help immensely.

22 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

PC Tenno, what a week it's been!

This post aims to go over 1 main point of Beasts of the Sanctuary: Khora!
At a glance, I think the gap between Gara and Khora's release is one of the longest between releasing new Warframes. That alone doesn't feel too good. There are a lot of reasons for this, and most of them are layered in re-designs of the Warframe (IPS/Quest goals, etc). The way Khora was released was certainly not the most ideal given the wait for a new Warframe, but we are going to make her better thanks to your experiences.

As must be said for all time, everything below is subject to change! This is especially important - while we want to give you a sense of what we're planning, it's equally important that you know we are indeed planning. 

Here's what we're planning on doing with Khora!

• Ability casting times have been shortened across the board - Natural Talent is always great, but the base animations needed shortening.
  • Whipclaw
    • Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the combo counter.
    • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
    • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.
  • Ensnare
    • Ensnare effects multiple enemies. When an enemy is ensnared, the living metal will propagate and pull in every enemy within range. The living metal ensnaring enemies will then propagate a second time to pull in another wave of enemies within range.
    • Procs no longer wake up ensnared enemies.
  • Venari
  • Strangledome
    • Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
    • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!

We expect to release this to PC this week for the most part - so stay tuned to notes as each hotfix rolls out. We think Wednesday at the earliest pending testing and implementation!

P.S We are also making some FX changes to simply have more oomph and visceral feels! 

Happy with what i see so far. 

Though one thing to add: will you allow Venari to attack enemies while in Heal and even follow the player around instead of staying in one area? 

venari is already at a disadvantage compared to normal a kavat by not using decoy or reflect. She's just as squishy with no survivability if she's not on attack mode.

I really hope you guys thought about a bleedout state or she's gonna be out of the experience most of the time judging from how squishy she was when I was playing with khora.

She still not really that useful too on heal and defence mode, the disarm and knockback should be AOEs and the heal needs some bugfixes.

She needs to compensate for the fact that she doesn't use Cat's eye or Charm and be constantly up with khora because it's a majot part of her design.

With these proposed changes Venari is relegated to being the meme ability in her jot that no one cares about.

Archived