Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

1 minute ago, NINE_IRON_08 said:

To make Venari better in my opinion:

1. Keep Venari as a passive and when she dies, pressing 3 will summon her for an energy cost
  2. Make her 3 battle postures not cost energy to change, however
    1. Make them change on holding 3
    2. Pressing Khora's 3 will command Venari to perform an action within context of her currently selected posture, this should cost energy as well.
    3. In regard to Venari's context actions:
      1. Attack posture should make Venari attack in that area starting with the enemy the reticule is pointed at.
      2. Protect posture should send Venari to protect the area the reticule is pointed at, a change to protect below.
      3. Heal posture should send Venari to an area or to a specific person.
    4. Protect should do a small radial disarm within a few meters instead of a single target

DE please please PLEASE listen to all these things, i love them and need them in my crazy cat lady's life

I'm not sure if you guys would like to rework the visual fx but I think Khora would look much more threatening if her whip and ensnare and strangledome were changed to use some kind of barbed wire model.

Plus it would look much cooler (in a way) if ensnare wrapped the enemies up in chains and not just spun around them. I mean like wrapped around their face and neck and arms restricting movement / breathing.

Just a couple thoughts I had while watching her.

When reworking Venari PLEASE do not make them revive-able by traditional means. Having to sit there and babysit a cat during some higher tier missions and just having the message that the cat is down gets very annoying and droning. I was enthused when I learned that Venari was duration based, but now that it's just another random Kavat, I can't see many people enjoying having to constantly revive them from Traps, Eidolons, or high tier missions where they aren't exactly the smartest and tankiest.

Venari should be able to revive you when you die instead of having being ress'd like normal companions when you die or give it something like where it is like Alad V where she will rush to you after being downed then she will attempt to revive you which would take some time to do.

6 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Since Venari is a special Kavat exclusive to Khora, why not make her has a cooldown timer before she comes back again... from the orbiter? I can imagine it will be a hassle to revive 2 pets in high level missions.

6 hours ago, xXDeadsinxX said:

• Strangedome: Still needs to completely replaced by something else, it’s way way too similar to Harrow’s Condemn and Vauban’s Vortex.

I'll agree with this, to be honest. Maybe her fourth can summon pillars of living metal that dispense living metal "snakes" that seek enemies? idk

Loving the planned changes thus far! i do have some thoughts and ideas though:

-If VK7 Venari is to become passive and switching modes will cost energy, perhaps put that skill in the "1" slot, move Whipclaw and Ensnare to 2 and 3? Being able to switch modes on the fly at very little or (currently) zero cost can allow for greater survivability early on. 

-Whipclaw "marks" (perhaps not visibly) enemies, which then become prioritized by Venari? Maybe make this an augment down the road?

-Ensnare could work similar to Nyx's Mind Control in that: "... targets are immune to friendly fire damage (you and your allies)... damage you and your team deal to them while the ability is active will be accumulated and then dealt to the enemy once the ability ends."
     -this would eliminate the common scenario of your ensnared target being killed before it can effect other enemies within range

Beyond that, I'm absolutely loving her. She fills a much needed "battlespace shaping"/tactical niche, in a game of "sit in the center and press 4 " style gameplay. That, coupled with her flexibility, makes our "Shining Lady of Steel" quite the asset in any match.

When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

For the love of the Lotus, no, please no.

Venari's current biggest bonus is that she is "recastable" whenever shes done, theres no need to risk your life or hunt for health orbs and whatnot to get her back.

If you really want to make her a passive then atleast incorporate Khora"s third skill to be able to revive her for extra energy.

My biggest problem with this is the fact that I'll have to worry about losing Venari now.

While her being always out is good on paper, the fact that she cannot be resummoned when she expires/dies (as is the case presently) is a big kink in it for me...

I really don't want Venari to be permanently lost like Sentinels are when they die, until you have to revive or whathaveyou.

A lot of people kill themselves just for their precious sentinel to return, I don't want Venari to be lost until revive too.

Please let her come back on her own or with a recast of 3, like how Nekros' shadows work if you have fewer than the max?

• Strangledome
    • Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
    • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!

I mean as lovely as another Vauban/Harrow AoE cc ult is we've kinda seen it a few times already. What if you took Khora's ult in an entirely different direction and gave her like a living metal coating that moves over her body and damages/latches on to ensnare enemies that hit her in melee? Or just have her morph into an Exalted Cat form that locks/disables her other powers while in use and that uses the same model and animations we already have for Venari. Maybe it automatically lets you dash to enemies at range when you tap melee and scales off your equipped melee weapon as you claw your foes down? You could give the exalted form additional HP or Shields or Evasion or something based on power strength and let Tenno run around as a pack of 3 kitties (Kavat, Venari, and Khora). An Exalted kitten it would give players a reason to build her mod loadout as a Duration-Range CC or for DPS

I seriously hope they abadon this plan on making her into a loseable companion because at best if she still deals as low damage as currently we will be having a decoy what can heal us no big thing to lose but if she gets better we are going back to the sentinel issue you have said.

Can we please not allow venari to die permanently? One of the reasons i like how it currently is, is simply because if it dies, we can resummon it.

Can we at least make it so trying to toggle venari's stance while it's downed revives it?

I havent had the chance yet to play khora for myself since i am a console player but as for the changes to venari becoming an added passive with out having to be summoned i didnt see anything wrong with her being duration based i would much prefer that rather than risking her dying then having to die myself in order to get her back the point of venari was that she was khoras personal kavat its not like she would be able to be used with any other frame plus as i saw from another post if venari dies khoras third ability becomes useless so I highly believe venari shold just stay a duration based ability or heck even a channeled ability if your goal is to extend her time out and about

I really wish the fourth ability to be replaced by a new one. A buff that increases the damage of companions on squad and invokes a "clowder" of Kavats to help Khora in combat for a certain time. That would be really cool. Hyekka Master would be envious. xD

What a difficult task, to make everyone happy with the changes... Im sorry DE, you a have a hard job ahead. But honestly, you made the mistake first. 

My suggestion is to give Venari an special status to make it different from the other pets, what means to make the revive different from them, at the cost of energy for example, as some tenno said before. Venari shouldnt be another pet more, is something special for Khora. Thats my idea. 

Good luck DE, if you need a coffee ask me and i ll bring it to you xd

7 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Strangledome
    • Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
    • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!

While I like the changes to her 1-3 (besides having to die to res venari) I hope that the in progress plans for strangledome are to remove it completely and go back to the exalted whip.

Just a thought, how bout with that exalted whip every time you hit something with it (or short internal cd), Venari pounces there (if in range) and deals aoe slash proc? 

Archived