Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I love Khora all the abilities look good,only the 4th ability would be better if it had more range or if it could in some way attract or kill more enemies,as even with all the range mods the ability is limited,or if it could move and kill the Venari in the cage

It's great to see how quickly DE answered our worries,  thanks for that. 

While I'm mostly happy with the changes,  here's my concerns :

1st Ability:

-The damage overall feels weak, I think a moderate damage boost could be a good idea as even though melee combo will let her scale, the rate to which we get the damage multiplier from it quickly slows down while her base damage is pretty low.

-It would be nice to see the ability become a cone attack rather than a projectile that makes it really hard to use on most occasions.

3rd Ability:

-Venari being a part of her 3 should't be allowed to be lost permanently as that would mean losing the ability with it. Rather,  it would be cool to be able to summon her after she died for energy.

-Venari is frail and can't use Charm/Reflect, giving her less utility and survivability than the other kavats. Sure,  she can attack and has unique abilities,  but they aren't too noticeable due to how weak they are, and even if they were stronger,  she would die too often to make it worthwhile. I think the abilities gained for each mode should be tweaked or changed as just summoning her and letting her do her own things feels too passive and lacks control over our own ability. 

The pets AI being somewhat clunky, I feel the different modes should be applied to Khora AND Venari, as they are basically a part of each other as I see it.

Attack mode could give a damaging aura, as if her metallic bits were actually hurting enemies, or it could give a little damage bonus.

Her protect mode could give armor,  damage reduction or even some form of damage absorption akin to a weaker Rhino's Iron skin,  as if she was using her living steel to protect herself, just slowly disarming enemies one by one doesn't feel like "Protection".

And finally her healing mode could become a heal-over-time or life-steal effect that would/could affect friends in range as well. 

Hope the formatting isn't too bad as I' posting from mobile. 

Thanks for reading !

Already baking Khora, but not sure if she'll get off the foundry table before these changes go live, so I can't tell how much these improve  upon the frame :S
Guess I'll have to trust the community's feedback :)

One tiny comment regarding her #3: if Venari goes down, what if we could cast #3 to revive her remotely (increased energy cost) -- "manual revive" by approaching Venari could still be an option if the energy pool is dry
This would make companion management a tad bit easier for people if they happen to have both Venari and another companion bleeding out at the same time.
If not worked into the base ability, maybe this could be a future augment for Khora?
(btw sry if this was suggested before)

Looking forward to what else you have in store for her #4!

vor 11 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:

Venari

• Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Wait WHAT? That thing dies every other second on lvl 50 Missons! Having a one Click revive was the only upside she had!

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

please no i like the passive part but remove when she dies you can't revive her till you revive or give venari like 10 million health. Please change khoras three to something else otherwise her three is going to be useless.

also can you please change the effciency in sanctuary onslaught, like make it so the effciency stops going down when the conduit begins not when you are entering the portal  because it takes like 10 seconds and you lose like 15 eff.

1 hour ago, Shaygar said:

Hopefully she still has Beast Shield as a passive on top of this, I quite liked it, especially the look, other than that these changes are wonderful

Tie the Beastshield passive to Venari's protect mode and give him comparable passive buffs for attack and heal.

11 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Strangledome
    • Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
    • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!

If it doesn't get removed, can you at least remove the ragdolling so it holds them still and immobilized? It's very hard to get accurate shots sometimes in the heat of battle -we have enough issue dodging tracking rockets to have the time to aim properly without bullet-spray weaponry. Holding them still like Harrow can would make aiming much, much easier.

Honestly reading these changes was depressing. Most of them are QoL fixes which should be worked on after you fix the major inherit design issues with her kit.

There's a ton of focus on the Kavat which is the ability which needs the least improvement. If it's going to be passive, which seriously how lazy do you need to be to want that, then make her invincible. The cat dies constantly at high end and you wont always be able to revive her. This is just a terrible change. I don't mind pressing 3 every few minutes and if you thought this was a priority change I dunno what to say.

Meanwhile strangledome just drops enemies after they're dead. The QoL is fine sure, but does nothing to fix the fact that the ability just doesn't fit with her kit or into the game as a whole. Please just get rid of it, so many players have asked for this and it will be far easier than trying to fix a flawed design.

Also no damage buffs other than slash on the Kavat? Whipclaw already benefited from the combo counter it just didn't contribute to it.

All in all the frame still has nothing she's good at, nothing she'll well be known for. Very depressing considering both how long we waited and how amazing the last frame was.

Whipclaw: changes are great however I would still like to see it have either better hit detection or a larger cone to hit out of, as it stands right now if you are not aiming at the center mass then you run about a 50/50 chance of missing. I'd also like it to benefit from melee range mods as it doesn't currently seem to and instead is gaining range off of ability range.

Ensnare: no complaints here.

Venari: Why was it decided that 3 wouldn't resummon her for an energy cost when she dies? With how that change is, if she dies (which is common for a pet in high level content unless you're running Link Armor with Valkyr or Rhino or similar) then you effectively lose that ability unless you drop 10% of your total exp gain thus far and lose a revive. On another note, will we have to pay energy twice to go from Protect to Attack or Attack to Heal or Heal to Protect? Other than that the changes to Venari are good however I would like to see Venari gain damage from power strength instead of speed or have speed also affect the internal cooldown of her abilities.

Strangledome: Synergy with Whipclaw is great. beyond that however I'll reserve judgement for when the other changes are announced.

As for everyone asking for her exalted whip back: Why? How could DE make it so it isn't just another weapon like Titania's Diwata (you know, the thing that never gets used in Razorwing mode)? It won't benefit from your meme strikes and critslide rivens. Its uniqueness was drawn from swapping damage types on the fly, which to my understanding was only possible under Damage 2.5 which was scrapped for due to the community backlash. Valkyr's claws come with invulerability and high crit chance. Excalibur's Exalted Blade is ranged and has a Radial Blind, along with its augment for 100% status chance. Ivara's Artemis Bow does incredibly damage along with multishot affecting each of its arrows, not to mention the augment turning it into a rocket launcher on headshot. Titania brings an archwing into normal missions along with being the premier Hemoocyte killer with her augment. Mesa, well I'm sure we all know her rep from old Draco and other endless missions. The point is what can be done for her Exalted Whip (if it's even being considered to bring it back) that would make it unique and not just an Atterax or Scoliac with no Maiming Strike or "Slide attacks have a +107.2% chance to be a critical hit."

I just have 1 problem in these changes Vinari have to be revived it is not a normal kavat its a part of khora's abilily so we should be able to recast vinari or or make khora selfish like in heal stance khora and vinari will be healed no one else >.> and what will happen if vinari dies is that perma? and 1 more thing what type of kavat vinari is like is it a smeeta/or the other one we dont know so so CAN WE EQUIP kavat specific mods like charm/cats eye on it so that it performs good give khora buffs like that 

She needs these buffs, and more, she doesn't live up to what we were advertised, at all. Keep in mind, this is a bottom tier frame, for 325p... or a possible 50+ hour grind. There is no game mode that she performs admirably. To start, roll 2 and 4 together into a single, useful, CC skill, give us the Exalted Whip, make ensnare castable on the move, keep the proposed changes to Venari, as well as adding a hold 3 to re-summon function, should Venari die, and we MIGHT have a base to work from.

As it stands, WITH these changes, Khora will be always be a bottom tier frame, that's "fun" enough to have a cult following, she get's COMPLETELY eclipsed, by every 75p frame in the game... DE not only did you drop the ball with Khora, you kicked it into space... ATM, she is a complete waste of grind time, development time, system memory, and platinum. EASILY the worst frame in the game atm. Sorry if you think otherwise, I'd love to hear reasons why... She literally has no use... and requires double forma.

Strangledome sucks, it will always suck, unless you make one of the abilities it mimics, suck by over buffing Strangledome, it's lame, it's boring, and it should have never made it to LIVE... Exalted Whip could've and would've been fun... but you HAD to listen to the people that thought having 5.... count em *5*, Frames with "Exalted" weapons.. was too many...

Seriously DE, I would rather leave party, than party with Khora, THAT'S how much Strangledome sucks... just get rid of it...please...#ExaltedWhip

13 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Venari

• Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Please let Venari die as she dies currently, without bleedout timer. Let her to be recast with ability 3 though, even if it would mean increased energy cost.

The reasoning:

The pets are stupid and they go get stuck, get killed and otherwise do stupid things which lead to their untimely demise. When one is doing high intensity content, one might not have the time (or the will) to revive a fallen pet during the bleedout, because it eats up precious seconds that might cost you the mission. Nothing is more annoying that reviving a stupid pet (except reviving warframes that didn't want to bring HP mods when rank0 and leveling) that decided to do stupid things and got downed, so just die off and we'll revive you with an ability cast.

Even worse, it would be really bad design if it was actually possible to somehow lose an entire ability for the remaining mission just because the pet AI did not really live up to the expectations of what it should actually be doing and the only way of bringing it back would cost you affinity and a revive.

Keep Venari a summon and/or make her recastable in the event she dies, like it is now on live.

the changes are looking great so far: 

i have few suggestions :

Whipclaw :

make it a combo ability that can be casted 3 time in succession first cast being a straight lash followed by a left and right swipes.

would work great with the combo counter mechanic.

Ensnare:

nice changes 

Strangledom :

i like the changes maybe a damage buff on the ability or make Venari jump on the ennemies caught in the strangledom for increased damage

I have a dumb question.  Will she get the armor boost from pet(s) on the field still, or is Just Venari now?  I like the armor boost in concept, but I felt it just needed to work with the team as it's written in the passive's info.

I like the changes but I fell like more can be done

Whipclaw should have a small cone effect when casted, and if it is not a one handed ability it should be

Ensnare if the original enemy's die will ensnare disappear? That's about my only complaint 

Venari I would like to see "metal clones" of venari, that way venari can stay by your side, for example when venari attacks it sends a clone that takes the fire instead of venari same with protect and heal should do a similar thing and also give u a fraction of the healing as well if it is healing a teammate. 

Will venari have a bleedout timer? Also the should be another way to get it back, maybe when venari is dead you have to channel ALOT of energy in to your third ability to revive it. 

Strangle dome I would give you suggestions but ya'll got ideas for it and I would like to see them first

Venari needs to stay a summon, just with some tweaks, there's a bible of suggestions for her 3rd ability in the feedback section pls.

Also the hitbox behaviour needs to be improved alot on her 1st since most times it misses completely or half of the target if they're too close

The passive still makes me want to facepalm myself, and strangledome needs to have a higher range altho i'm not really a fan of that ability per se.

the rest mentioned in the dev workshop about her first and second abilities sounds excellent

Il y a 12 heures, [DE]Rebecca a dit :

PC Tenno, what a week it's been!

This post aims to go over 1 main point of Beasts of the Sanctuary: Khora!
At a glance, I think the gap between Gara and Khora's release is one of the longest between releasing new Warframes. That alone doesn't feel too good. There are a lot of reasons for this, and most of them are layered in re-designs of the Warframe (IPS/Quest goals, etc). The way Khora was released was certainly not the most ideal given the wait for a new Warframe, but we are going to make her better thanks to your experiences.

As must be said for all time, everything below is subject to change! This is especially important - while we want to give you a sense of what we're planning, it's equally important that you know we are indeed planning. 

Here's what we're planning on doing with Khora!

• Ability casting times have been shortened across the board - Natural Talent is always great, but the base animations needed shortening.
  • Whipclaw
    • Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the combo counter.
    • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
    • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.
  • Ensnare
    • Ensnare effects multiple enemies. When an enemy is ensnared, the living metal will propagate and pull in every enemy within range. The living metal ensnaring enemies will then propagate a second time to pull in another wave of enemies within range.
    • Procs no longer wake up ensnared enemies.
  • Venari
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.
  • Strangledome
    • Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
    • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!

We expect to release this to PC this week for the most part - so stay tuned to notes as each hotfix rolls out. We think Wednesday at the earliest pending testing and implementation!

P.S We are also making some FX changes to simply have more oomph and visceral feels! 

.All change are welcomes, but venari is the skill what make khora special and have 0 real utily for the time,here are some ideas for make venari more usefull

now we have cd, if venari dead i think instead of wait for revive to revive venari we could wait a cd time to recast 3 skill to revive if we couldn t revive venari.

Offensive mode: atacks speed increase 50%,venari atacks increase mele combo by 5 per hit, this will work very well whit whipclaw after the work,

Defensive mode: venari total health increase 150%, and venari take 20%less dmg cap to 40%, 30% dmg taken by khora is transfered to venari; whit this venari is our bodyguard ,while is alive she will protec us

Heal mode: venari do a heal pulse every 5 sec that pulse heal 10% of dmg done by venary on a range of 20 m

i know this changes could be hard to be done but can make Venari something more special for khora than only 1 companion more

srry for my bad english hope that dont hurt your eyes too hard

Yeah, there really should be an ability to revive Venari with a press of a button. Still hope for the exalted whip though. Even if it won't work with the memeing strike, it'll give Khora an additional character. And her 4th just looks ugly .__.

Archived