Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

some feedback on upcoming changes
venari should be revivable by casting her 3 and currently protect and heal postures are kind of bad
also khora gets cool aesthetic changes but no stat changes with them? why? I think its a waste :/
venari should be able to use sharpened claws on special attacks

whipclaw should benefit from condition overload
and I know you at DE are propably sick of hearing it already but how about making that exalted whip on her 1 once held down
propably will never happen but one can wish right?

strangledome
strangled enemies should have better hitboxes

@[DE]Rebecca Thank you for the update ! Nice to see that you guys are hearing our feedback !

Whipclaw : I know you can't make the ability overpowered, but what about lvl 100+ enemies ? Whipclaw does almost no damage on them so halving the damage in Strangledome wouldn't make it any more useful... Anyway, a 360 or 180 whiplash like Gara's 1 would be nice.

Ensnare : Synergy for propagation with Whipclaw is nice ! \o/

Venari : Why not making "recast Venari" for 50~100 Energy on "Hold 3" ? Sacrificing myself (and a potential mission-needed revive) because one of my skill went down and I wasn't able to save it seems not a good idea.

Strangledome : Nice preview ! What about removing the crazy ragdolling ?

16 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.
  • Strangledome
    • Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
    • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!

How about #3 a passive with the #3 function remains as a function to toggle between mode at no energy cost. Only consume energy when used when Venari is dead/gone.

How about make #4 as a huge web-like trap that trap unaware enemies passing by below? Or another summon ability? (i like summons/pet xD). 

maybe if venari dies we can cast the "command" (3rd) ability to resummon her for a large amount of energy? if she dies for good and doesn't come back until you revive, it basically restricts her to 3 abilities which is a HUGE penalty for something you cant always control

Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.

wouldn't it be better to use Whiplash for Battle Posture and have Venari auto attack anyone who is Ensnared, thereby leaving the 3rd ability for other benefit's, such as a Whip crack that briefly stuns, and applies a puncture proc to all enemies over time which will reduce their damage?

• Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage

Please make it so that her heals scale off of something, and also the added benefit of being able to revive downed teammates would really make the healing mode a lot more useful 

Changing Venari like this has two deep ramifications:

1) If you do let Venari die, you lose access to it until you die. This is a huge penalty compared to any other Warframe power. Her 3 becomes an empty button in this state.

2) Now you can't control when you don't want Venari there.

Solution to both: Press 3 summons Venari. Press 3 toggles modes. Hold 3 dispels Venari. Pressing 3 while Venari is dead re-summons-- there's no distinction to be made between dead or dispelled.

The problem Venari had was not energy cost, but duration. I understand that you want to make this ability more convenient, but the proposed changes actually have deeper drawbacks.

I also understand that one of the consistent design decisions in Warframe is to make lasting abilities like this require a duration or otherwise be channeled. Venari is a completely unique summon with its own mods-- an extension of Khora herself, and I can see that the change to her passive is to reflect that. But I think that in the interest of making it actually desirable to use, it's okay to break precedence and just make it cost x energy to summon indefinitely with the option to dispel.

If you want to add a penalty for letting Venari die, perhaps a cooldown? I know Warframe has strayed away from cooldowns, but again, really unique ability with understandably unique consequences. Plus you've been playing around with cooldowns in Onslaught. Introducing one doesn't mean you'll necessarily start introducing them across the board. (It's not like we don't already have cooldowns for things like Safeguard Switch or Phoenix Renewal).

So lets say that the venari change come through and that you can't spawn it using skill, and it dies, you effectively lost a warframe ability until you die and revive? And considering how finicky pet ai can be with how it can be stuck in an animation or under some stairs/tile, I feel like making Venari something that you can't summon at whim is a massive nerf.

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive

please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this please dont do this

Her first ability looks alot better, but it still feels really generic and doesn't really give much more than just swinging a melee weapon, can we give it something specific that would make her first ability more nuanced and useful in niche situations? Perhaps allow it to strip a percentage of armor or remove a percentage of shields on hit. Also can we allow it to have its AOE upon hitting something scale with range?

Her second ability looks alot better now with the proposed changes, and until I get my hands on that I can't really comment much more. It seems as if those proposed changes might fix the problems I had with it.

Venari still as a concept seems lackluster, as kavats are still as dumb as a bag of bricks with a face drawn on it, perhaps you could give it more functionality other than a glorified specter. My idea for Venari would be to give her a passive buff that triggers a' la charm that is different depending on what mode she's in. A buff along the lines of the adarza kavat when she's in the offensive mode, a DR buff when she's in the defensive mode, and perhaps keep the support mode the same, but allow its range to either scale with ability range or make it affinity range.

Strangledome actually seems quite nice, however the ability cost vs. the duration it stays up for seems a bit much. Can we either decrease its base cost or increase its base duration?

Venari is messing with my dogs loyalty! I though Khora was like a beast master warframe and she supposed to buff all pets. And please remove that swing from Strangledome. I don't know if it's only me, but it's very annoying when playing with bows or melee only.

please give us the opportunity to somehow resummon venari once we somehow missed the chance. i really dont like the idea of her dying "forever" until i am revived+ i dont want to revive her every 5 seconds in high level mission because companions have the urge to die instantly in those mission and i dont want to have a "useless" ability for the rest of the mission once venari is gone

2 minutes ago, NLukaz said:

please remove that swing from Strangledome. I don't know if it's only me, but it's very annoying when playing with bows or melee only.

they should've pulled in right away and sticks rather than swinging like hell especially when u build khora with 200+ range and the dome pulls an enemy from 20 meters away causing the speed of the pull also makes the ragdolled unit swings crazy

17 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

i would rather her 3 resummon her if dead like it is now...having to stop to revive is not that great...especially if you miss the window.

are there any plans to look at her weapons? The Hystrix with its 16 rounds on a auto pistol is A) gone to fast with the insane recoil and B) to low of a mag...feels like it should be a 2 shot burst or single fire at such a low mag.

nonono XD why did you guys have to whine about the venari duration , the duration was huge and not a problem at all now you'll have to revive .... . yey to ppl suiciding to get their cats back. So yeah as stated above , u'll just have one less ability when she's gone , and she will be.  ... How about make her re-castable (only after death) of double the energy cost. I know you can make kavats really tanky, but they also have no brain. I was excited i could mod this kavat way different than the normal ones cuz you could recast them, now medi pet kit , pack leader , etc etc will need room.

I like the dangledome changes , good they will drop once dead since it was hard to see wich were alive and wich were dry meat.

Will the ensare changes make it feel faster? Since i feel that was it's main issue and/or make it synergise with strangledome more since i do understand other people not seeing the point using strangledome if ensnare works fine... how about it makes a hub of living metal also spreading across the floor damaging enemies that come too close to the ensare/strangledome hyper hub and drain energy as long as their placement and duration are the same (since else itll be too much ?)

but love DE is putting good work on her otherwise , as always :thumbup:

PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD KEEP VENARI AS A CASTABLE ABILITY! 

WHY in the world are you wanting to make venari a passive ability?! let alone you can't use her again once you are revived?! then what the #*!% is the point in releasing Khora to begin with?! For the love of god keep venari as a castable ability, being able to change what venari does and summoning her is the best thing about Khora?! Hell if anything I would have accepted a decrease in duration for venari, due to the fact that i have about 175% duration and venari can stay active for almost 200 seconds. why get rid of the one thing that makes a warframe stand out from the rest?! Seriously, Khora -- the next one to get the Gara treatment. #*!% up the one thing that makes a warframe different from the others. if Venari is turned into this bullS#&$ passive ability, I would want a refund and Khora token out of my inventory. Because that is the most dumbest S#&$ you could do to a warframe -- one which most of us have been waiting on for half a year for due to the content drought.

Archived