Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

9th wave onslaught: Host quits!

Orcais

So a lot of tenno are only running till the 8th wave for faster returns of rewards, the host then quits the game this crashes the elite onslaught for the rest of the players, they are then returned to their ship with no reward or xp/focus for there effort  except for the host whom keeps all.

DE fix this now: this is nothing but pure selfishness by  players only out for themselves, not giving a rats arse of the other player they know full well are going to loose there bounty pay outs of 8 rounds of elite onslaught!.

Make it so that they must have majority vote to leave, e.g. more than 3 players in pub must vote to leave!

You advertised this game mode as a team/clan effort!, this is nothing more than a false and misleading statement on behalf of DE

https://imgur.com/Id668f8

https://imgur.com/VcqwXpw

https://imgur.com/vdLyTL7

ripped off again

Edited by Orcais

5 minutes ago, Orcais said:

Make it so that they must have majority vote to leave, e.g. more than 3 players in pub must vote to leave!

Because forcing someone to go farther then they want is a good game mechanic.

How about if, instead of this, they just fix the host migration to make it not break the mission? Then anyone can leave when they want, without issue.

And just like any other game mode, if you want to have a long run, recruit players with the same mindset. Warframe's extraction mechanics reduce everything to the lowest common denominator, so it's up to you to make sure everyone is on the same page.

And if recruitment chat isn't your thing, or you are under a week-long chat-ban for some seemingly random comment, you can always ask in squad chat, before entering the first portal, how long everyone wants to go (or asking if the group could go to wave 16/24/whatever goal you have in mind). If they don't answer with a goal you like, then don't go through the portal, and wait for Simaris to extract you.

10 minutes ago, Orcais said:

This is the worst solution I've seen for this problem so far...

How about they fix Host Migrations and make the reward show up at the end of the wave, not after someone goes inside the portal? Everyone is happy, host can leave if he wants and nobody would have a problem.

Your idea would lock players in just like survivals, and the last thing I want is to be locked inside a gamemode I don't want to go on just because the other 3 want. If they want to go on, they can go on without me.

vor 1 Minute schrieb (PS4)TheRealTommo:

You can't blame DE for other players quitting the game. However the host migration issue sounds bad.

Oh you can blame DE for releasing some half-wit crap again. Not the least bit of planning to see in this master piece. It's all try & error. You have to count with the host leaving at any point, be it frustration or RL issues. I expect to count this into the game design, at the very least! But they simply forgot or, worse, thought: "How bad can it be? people lose just 20+ minutes".

The only guys currently happy with Onslaught are the very lucky few selling vandal parts for several hundred platinum...

Don't just automatically blame the host rage quitting. 

I had a player not listen to me earlier today and decided to carry on even though I said I was leaving in chat (I was host) at the beginning of the round. Now because of the host migration issue they likely lost al of the rewards but that's not my fault when I told them with plenty of time I wouldn't be staying and they decided to carry on regardless.  

Should the host leaving be an issue, no, but this release is a buggy mess.

Edited by LSG501

4 minutes ago, Plasmaface said:

Nope. Every time the host leaves you get stuck in an infinite loading screen, wherein the game hangs forever. No crash, no failed to connect, nothing. 

Always a risk in endless modes. 

This one is particularly egregious since there's no 'continue on?' screen. However, the way to deal with it is the same as if there was: keep on eye on the host (#1 on the player UI) and follow him. What he does, you do. Period. 

Unless you plan on leaving earlier, of course. 

I suspect DE is going to have to add a 'continue on' screen at some point. This breaks up the flow of the game mode, but it's less problematic than the alternative. Bottom line is this is a peer to peer game and some of your peers are playing on toasters attached to the internet with tin cans and waxed twine. Always keep that in mind and keep on eye on the host. 

The problem here is a combination of 2 issues.

You get the reward if someone enters portal, not when the portal closes.

Host migration dosn't work at all.

So if host dosn't enter the portal, but a client enters, host gets the reward.

Then the game attempts to migrate, which fails, so the client who triggered reward won't get anything.

Just going to post this workaround here for the sake of it, as it can help till a fix is deployed.

• Once Wave 8 has been completed make sure everyone in the squad knows which player is the host, communication/attentiveness being key to this of course.
  • That host player needs to move through the Conduit into Wave 9.
  • All other players remain back and await the portal's closure, resulting in extractions for the clients.
  • Then the host, now solo, simply runs around for a minute and awaits the expiration of the remaining Efficiency.
  • Viola, as long as no bugs meddled and the Conduit's 30 second timer expires before the remaining Efficiency dwindles to nothing.

Since this bug is primarily tied to Migration not occurring properly, the solution is to extract in a way that subverts the possibility of a migration.  Doing the above safely allows both the clients and host to extract and keep their rewards a vast majority of the time.

Forcing folks to leave/stay based on a vote would actually make this issue worse than current.  Since everyone extracting simultaneously increases the risk of a Migration occurring, due to the current functionality of the mission's end screen.  The proper solution, as was noted prior in this thread, is simply to allow DE time to fix the bug itself.

This seems like a bug, im sure it will be fixed. Personally im hoping for an allowance for people to leave and host migrate, like defense. Or have rewards save every 2 rounds, like how cetus bounties work.

I think DE were more optimistic with the idea of matchmade teams than is reality.

19 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Always a risk in endless modes. 

In this case, its not a risk - its a sure thing.  Particularly egregious since DE could have solved the frustration by simply rewarding the level focus, affinity, and wave reward if applicable BEFORE the portal opens - to each players account.

Then if host migrates, game crashes, doesn't matter - you keep your progress instead of having pissed 20/40 whatever minutes down the drain.

The "solution" should never be "well pay attention to what the host does".  The solution should be DE fix it.

Edited by tucker_d_dawg

Just now, tucker_d_dawg said:

In this case, its not a risk - its a sure thing. 

Doesn't matter. 

It's the reality you have to deal with and that's how you deal with it.

DE will get around to fixing this and probably add some QoL improvements, but right now it is what it is. 

Extract bro.

Play with friends, recruit.  No one is required to host you for any specific amount of time.  An average player has no reason to stay past the C payout.

The fact that it breaks and makes y'all lose everything sucks and should be fixed, so should the broken host switching.  These are big problems.

The host being allowed to extract is not a problem, this drop-out feature is a HUGE qol change from survival missions.  Now people like you can't hold people who want to get out hostage.

16 minutes ago, KochDerFrettchen said:

Extract bro.

Play with friends, recruit.  No one is required to host you for any specific amount of time.  An average player has no reason to stay past the C payout.

The fact that it breaks and makes y'all lose everything sucks and should be fixed, so should the broken host switching.  These are big problems.

The host being allowed to extract is not a problem, this drop-out feature is a HUGE qol change from survival missions.  Now people like you can't hold people who want to get ut hostage.

drop-out feature is a QoL?

You mean a '#*!% over anyone left in the mission for any freaking reason'? No, if you are a host, have the freaking decency to tell your team and sit out the remaining efficiency. Just because there are migration bugs, doesn't mean you can fully act like a $&*^ and leave when you please, that case just go freaking solo.

No, a MASSIVE QOL would be to set an option to act as an host, i for example do say at the start to wich point i go. Onslaught i even tell them, i will continue to 12, so bail out at 11, so they all have a full fair chance of leaving the game properly and get their rewards. Add a bonus QOL to this, every 2-3 waves, add the same extraction option as in Defense, so people have a choice to go or leave and if some leave, all can leave.

Sadly i forgot to make a proper screenshot including chat, this host said before he left 'lol no rewards for you'.

f54577d54c95db1cdbcdce04d00aad8b.png

Currently this mode is freaking acid to the community, self proclaimed elites that leave at the start for not everyone having corrosive, or someone isn't using meta-frame, random leave as they please, that's even apart a joke of a droptable and bugs.

Edited by SinergyX

Just got another one. 12 waves for nothing. A complete waste of my time and an unwanted testy of my patience.

I got absolutely NOTHING. 

No relics, no parts, not even the goddamn credits. 

And this trash happens every time the host leaves. Every Single Time.

Edited by Plasmaface

58 minutes ago, SinergyX said:

drop-out feature is a QoL?

You mean a '#*!% over anyone left in the mission for any freaking reason'? No, if you are a host, have the freaking decency to tell your team and sit out the remaining efficiency. Just because there are migration bugs, doesn't mean you can fully act like a $&*^ and leave when you please, that case just go freaking solo.

No, a MASSIVE QOL would be to set an option to act as an host, i for example do say at the start to wich point i go. Onslaught i even tell them, i will continue to 12, so bail out at 11, so they all have a full fair chance of leaving the game properly and get their rewards. Add a bonus QOL to this, every 2-3 waves, add the same extraction option as in Defense, so people have a choice to go or leave and if some leave, all can leave.

Sadly i forgot to make a proper screenshot including chat, this host said before he left 'lol no rewards for you'.

f54577d54c95db1cdbcdce04d00aad8b.png

Currently this mode is freaking acid to the community, self proclaimed elites that leave at the start for not everyone having corrosive, or someone isn't using meta-frame, random leave as they please, that's even apart a joke of a droptable and bugs.

Read the whole post, it's not that long.  The broken host swap is a problem, the buggines of the game mode is a problem.

Being able to extract a public party after C rotation instead of having your rewards held hostage by three people who refuse to leave is not a problem.  It would be great if this feature was added to survival and excavation.

Edited by KochDerFrettchen
huge text repeat