Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DO NOT under any circumstances make this Zaw

Zedera

Hello everyone.

So I saw the newest zaw parts drop, and I thought to myself. "Damn, those are some slow weapon handles". Then I looked a bit more and thought to myself a little more. "Damn, that's a hammer head. Hammers are slow." Then I looked even more and said to myself. "Damn, those Ruhang II's sure remove a lot of attack speed."

SO! I had the genius idea of putting them together. And let me be the first one to tell you.

DO NOT, under any circumstances, make a zaw with the Rabvee head, Shtung handle, and any form of Ruhang II links! It will make you regret having to level this weapon, gild it, and level it again. It will make you consider the guilt of throwing all those resources into making it and consider throwing it away. It is simply not worth it.

Why?

0.583 base attack speed on a hammer. That is why.

Ladies and gentlemen, I have found the warframe equivalent of the underworld, and it is wielding a weapon with 0.583 attack speed.

Infested chargers can get about three to five bites in during the time it takes you to swing your hammer once. Grineer butchers can hack you to death during the windup of your first attacks. Accidentally pressing 'E' once after rounding the corner into a light contingent of Grineer bullet fire can be potentially deadly, as you present yourself to be massaged by bullets while you do a slow, interpretive dance with your weapon in something that might be considered a swing if one were underwater.

slow.png

NOW. For science, I decided to slap spoiled strike on it and see what the end result.

The result is a whopping 0.467 attack speed. To put this into perspective, the slowest melee weapon in the game that is naturally occuring is the plasma sword and the sheev, both at 0.667. One is a sword, the other is a dagger. Neither is very slow. Right above them is the Arca Titron, at 0.733. This is a weapon that already feels very slow.

This weapon will attack at 2/3 the speed of those weapons after spoiled strike. That is slow enough for a grineer to look at you swinging at them, run away, go get coffee, and come back in time to be hit.

BUT, you might be saying to yourselves "Holy cow, this weapon with this setup has a base 220 damage! That's 40 more than the Arca Titron's 180 and 55 more than the Galatine Prime's 165! This thing must hit like a truck!"

Yes, yes it does. But there is not enough attack speed in christendom to make this a good weapon. To give you an idea, I invited a valkyr into my party, played as a volt, and slapped both Primed Fury and Berserker onto this thing with a true steel for good measure. Primed Fury got this weapon up to 0.904 attack speed. That is still slower than the base attack speed of the Sancti Magistar and Jat Kittag. And do not forget that hammers as a whole are slow to attack. In short, after all of these buffs were fully stacked, I was able to attack with the speed of your starting, mod-less skana for about 15 seconds. When just one buff fell off, I was back to swinging like I was under water.

So, in conclusion, I thought it would be a good joke weapon to make this and show it off to a few friends. Do not make the same mistake.

Edited by Zedera
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Gamma745 said:

Is it bad that I want to see a video of this atrocious hammer in action? It might be worth the laughs.

8 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Not good enough, get a Riven for the Rabvee with negative speed on it. I want to see this become as pathetic as possible, so actually, after said Riven, stand in those Void icey floors.

I need both of these to happen, for the glory of science!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Zedera said:

This weapon will attack at 2/3 the speed of those weapons after spoiled strike. That is slow enough for a grineer to look at you swinging at them, run away, go get coffee, and come back in time to be hit.

Thank, thank you very much, I had a bad day but this line made my day.

Here something in return.

Spoiler

qIGCFVU.jpg

gnPsOxg.jpg

0phSImA.jpg

QVyqj1s.jpg

So I don't have a riven for it (Rabvee just came out a couple weeks ago) and I didn't think to try the orokin tileset for the cold procs. However, I managed to get a gif of what it looks like. Idk what recording software to get for videos. Enjoy!

RemorsefulSlowHog-size_restricted.gif

• Like 1

0.467 Attack speed. A attack speed that’s Suicidal for most frames without every attack speed buff and mod in the game. The Titron is already annoyingly Slow from attacking normal and slide attacking even with Berserker, and Fury without WarCry so i can’t imagine swing this hammer.

3 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Not good enough, get a Riven for the Rabvee with negative speed on it. I want to see this become as pathetic as possible, so actually, after said Riven, stand in those Void icey floors.

They can also cold proc themselves with Wukong and the Lenz. (I think continues misery gives you a 12s cold proc)

Also should add spoiled strike for good measure.

Edited by Madway7

4 hours ago, LazerSkink said:

Now I want it and I want to max my Volt’s Power Strength and Speed so I can wreck my weapon stances and be a Speed-trolling Wack-a-mole dunce.

Srsly, though...

My thoughts turn to Excaliber’s Radial Finish Augment...

Damage INTO THE MILLIONS.

While its fun and all....It makes me think of ways to solve this issue. 

I think that melee attack speed should not affect swing animation speed if you go below 1.0 .     So if your weapon has 0.5 attack speed you will just have increased pause between attacks, but swings will be as fast as with 1.0 attack speed. 
 That will prevent extreeme animation locking at least.

I agree with the above. Funnily enough, ground slam attacks don't seem to be affected! So it is perfectly viable to take this and play whack-a-mole by only doing ground-slam, attacks, which will go at full speed and give you the full benefits of the base 220 damage! But everything else will give plenty of times for enemies to casually shift out of the way of your attacks, even with the attack range you get.

7 hours ago, Kainosh said:

While its fun and all....It makes me think of ways to solve this issue. 

I think that melee attack speed should not affect swing animation speed if you go below 1.0 .     So if your weapon has 0.5 attack speed you will just have increased pause between attacks, but swings will be as fast as with 1.0 attack speed. 
 That will prevent extreeme animation locking at least.

Nope. There are plenty of weapons that I like with <1. To me, choosing my attack speed is the most important factor after stance and knockdown immunity. Each category, no each *stance* has a different speed I find ideal. Sometimes it is 1.0, sometimes above, sometimes below.

To prevent extreme animation locking, let the player choose a faster speed by not building and modding to be the slowest thing possible. It's their choice, let them make it.

23 минуты назад, Kinetos сказал:

Nope. There are plenty of weapons that I like with <1. To me, choosing my attack speed is the most important factor

What i suggested will not change attack speed modding in any way.  Its more of an animation tweak.

Basically, your attack rate will be same...Just animation will play faster with longer pauses between attacks.