Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rest In Peace John Bain, TotalBiscuit.

ChaoticEdge

5 hours ago, Vlada91 said:

Oh woow didn't know that,that is 2 bad. Didn't know that player but its 2 bad. He cannot live a day for umbra 2 come... 😕 that is just sad.

He was not just a player, he was one of the lead contributors to gaming media and the fight for the rights of gamers for the last 10 years or so, a reviewer, critic, writer, streamer and all round gaming celebrity.
His original review of Warframe led to a population explosion in the game that had a hand in making it the steam top 10 ten list game we play today.

Edited by Carnage2K4

Frontier Developments are the developers I first think of when thinking of in game tributes.  There are many references and outright memorials to many people who have passed, even to one players dog.

If DE place it somewhere slightly to one side all those who don't want it don't even have to see it, let alone visit it.

16 hours ago, YodaKittenz said:

people gathering in relays for totalbuiscut

17954C2CCC38A8AF60917973E626FBD1C6986429 (1366Ã768)

I would honestly love to see a top hat on that Rhino as an "In Memoriam" to TotalBiscuit, even if just for a week or so. I think it would be a great gesture and a reminder that Warframe may not have been what it is without John.

Exactly its not meant to be something intrusive or that would affect the game and gameplay

I mean does anyone hates or is bothered that the founders list exists in the relays?

A bet a Lot of players doesnt even know that such list exists

Edited by -.SP.-G43riel

52 minutes ago, main_antagonist said:

Hopefully something to immortalise his memory can be added to the game rip

Hopefully no.

As been said elsewhere, not everyone enjoys seeing a reminder of death when trying to clear their mind of everyday life things (including the case of death). I said it in another thread, some people cant even read the epitaph pages in a newspaper because they dont wanna be reminded of someone they lost. Same deal in a game. We dont play games to remember our dead, we play games to clear our mind and have fun.

Many people would very likely get upset if a piece of memorial would be placed in the game. It would also be a cheap move on the companies part. It would be a "oh look at us, we are so generous and our hearts are big!". I'd get it if a dev dies and they wanted them to stay part of the game in some way. But if they wanna honor and immortalize Biscuit it should be through a cancer research program dedicated to him or some make-a-wish like foundation thing for kids with cancer. An in-game memorial thing would just feel like a PR move, a bad PR move.

I said this in another thread on the subject. If they wanna honor him and immortalize him in some way they should simply decide on making a yearly donation to either cancer research or a make-a-wish like foundation for kids with cancer. They can just call it a Biscuit donation. Good PR for the company, good way to spend money and hopefully an advancement towards better cancer treatment or a happy day for a kid at a S#&$ty spot in life.

An in-game thing would just be a "oh look at us!" PR ploy, in a bad way.

49 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Hopefully no.

As been said elsewhere, not everyone enjoys seeing a reminder of death when trying to clear their mind of everyday life things (including the case of death). I said it in another thread, some people cant even read the epitaph pages in a newspaper because they dont wanna be reminded of someone they lost. Same deal in a game. We dont play games to remember our dead, we play games to clear our mind and have fun.

Many people would very likely get upset if a piece of memorial would be placed in the game. It would also be a cheap move on the companies part. It would be a "oh look at us, we are so generous and our hearts are big!". I'd get it if a dev dies and they wanted them to stay part of the game in some way. But if they wanna honor and immortalize Biscuit it should be through a cancer research program dedicated to him or some make-a-wish like foundation thing for kids with cancer. An in-game memorial thing would just feel like a PR move, a bad PR move.

Plenty of other games have done it can you give me an example of when that has turned out bad?

Edited by main_antagonist
that has*

His warframe videos drove a lot of people to play the game right when it came out of closed beta, which is when Warframe needed something like that the most in order to just survive.

I know the only reason I ever picked up the game and supported it 5 years ago was because of his video, and im sure many more people just like me did the same.

2 hours ago, AlphaTheFinalBalance said:

The devs are canceling streams and its u(m)ber silent on their end i smell the content coming , and it smells delicious.

I'm excited are you? (Im content drought atm in game x.x)

Assigning certainty to anything other than oblivion is generally a bad idea. 

I just wanted to hop on and offer my condolences with the community, but I also wanted to say that seeing everyone offering a moment of silence at the relay was a sad but beautiful sight. I wish I had been able to attend with those of you who could, this community is a kind one =( 

Rest in peace, TB

For an overall memorial, the only thing I would suggest is just a plaque or something along those lines, nothing big or flashy so people can't accuse it of being a huge PR stunt. Something simple like "Carry on for those who cannot."

But specifically for people DE feels had a big impact on the game, something more relevant to that person assuming they got permission from the person's family I would say is fine. Maybe incorporating his top hat into the game, a Limbo helmet(might be a bit much) or even just a noggle with the hat. A glyph wouldn't hurt, something small and unobtrusive that the people who want to use can. If they did make a full-blown memorial site, I would encourage putting it somewhere out of the way, a spot specifically just for it rather than something in everyone's way.

Given the reaction during the last Prime Time, I'm pretty sure DE will do something. It's up to them and TB's widow as for what will happen.

I'd love to see a 1:1 size (meaning "human size") statue in a side alley of a relay or on earth. But I understand why people are not really fond of that idea, I'd be happy even with a small memento like a top hat laying somewhere in a relay that you can interact to make a small message pop up.

The best option would be for whatever DE choose to do to make deployable in the ship/dojo. So those who want it can have, and those who don't want to see it/don't care, won't be bothered by something that is out of the lore.

Edited by kenshiro84