Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's one weapon (primary, secondary or melee) that you think is underrated?

(XBOX)xBLADEPANTHERx

It could be a weapon that you love to use for any reason, but is very unpopular of just not recognised within the community.

For me it would have to be the tysis, now I'm not sure how popular this weapon is, but I rarely ever see anybody use this, despite it being capable of killing grineer troops with ease, even bombards are afraid of what this weapon is capable of.

So what about you, what's a weapon that you love but is never seen in anyone's arsenal?

Edited by (XB1)xBLADEPANTHERx

Hystrix. I never saw it played by anyone. It's a critical machine and gets 100% status on her selected attack element, which is changeable on the fly. Watch it expand tons of critical electrical procs in groups of enemies or setting fire to tough ones.

It is not perfect: low capacity and high RoF makes it a bullet eater and projectile travel time makes it hard to use at long range but it's a nice CC weapon and a very good sidearm.

Torid being one of them since not even the devs seems to care much about it (no PBR nor new reload animation). For me that weapon have been with me since Gradivius Dilemma and saved my metal butt countless times with its DPS type where it melts any armor and hp (Even helps out on a Teralyst's armor as well). For Secondary that has to be Twin Gremlins, same story as the Torid, quite powerful sidearms with omni damage.

But then again, i never play online with others so i wouldnt know what is underrated or not, just based on how much these weapons are mentioned being used.

Edited by Sasha_The_Lynx
good old typos to start a morning

There's quite a number of weapons that are underrated, such as Nikanas when using Blind Justice, or Lato Vandal, or virtually any critical-viable primary with a viral/hunter munitions setup which shreds through most thing with little trouble. The newest Nikana - the Skiajati - is cast low and ignored due to the deemed-inferior stats, but it, with a condition overload and blood rush setup with Organ shatter in for good measure, is capable of really killing everything when the combo counter builds, and can cause brief invisibility on successful stealth finisher kills.

As for others, I'd say bows and throwing secondaries generally have become ignored because they don't kill hordes with ease like Corinth, Zarr, or Lenz can.

Though this is primarily speculation as I seldom check the armaments of squad-members.

If you mean weapon types DE haven't given more to, I would point at:

Spoiler

-Heavy Blades.
-Staves.
-Scythes.
-Sword-shields.
-Whips.
-Sword-whips.
-Hammers.
-Tonfas.
-Throwable melees.
-Gunblades.

Non-melees:
-Bows.
-Spearguns (I feel they need more damage, specifically Javlok, since it doesn't kill enough even when I gave it a Riven that amp'd the damage, might build it again later but as of now it failed to meet my expectations).
-Crossbows.
-Unique weapons, like launchers.

As for visuals, there's A LOT of weapons and numerous non-Prime Warframes that are desperately in need of a PBR uplift, like the normal Rhino, countless alt-helmets for all Warframes, some Syandanas and attachments, and Stalker's Arsenal (Dread/Despair/Hate, and himself pre-Second Dream).

4 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

I'm currently having a lot of fun with Ogris and Panthera, don't see those recommended / used much at all.

Twin Kohmak with a Riven that allows for 100% Status comes somewhat close to being on the same level as its big brother Kohm.

The Panthera is awesome. Truthfully I actually hated quite a bit when it first released, but I hug onto it since I sacrificed my miter for it. Came back to it when I got a riven for it and have loved it since. It's especially fun to run around with a max fire rate build. 

I almost never see other players using the Zakti. It is my main sidearm, and I just recently got a pretty good riven for it! Virtually unlimited range on a perfectly straight trajectory, insane reload speed, procs for days from a fairly good AOE!! Couple it with the Glaive Prime's throw and behold the massive damage output! Plus... it's AOE alone will easily clear a room!! On PoE use it to nuke from above in an Arcframe in instances such as the Plague Star event! This thing clears trash mobs around the Hemocyte from an Arcframe with ease so the rest of your group can focus on taking out the boss!! Build it for multi-shot, elemental damage like gas or viral, toss in a -recoil mod and maybe some extra fire rate and say hello to your new best friend!

As much min maxing goes on in this game (puzzling in light of the game's easiness), it's interesting to me that you can buy several of the beam weapon rivens dirt cheap in light of their post buff power, while shotgun rivens hold their high prices despite disadvantages such as falloff and small magazines. Could make a long list of candidates, but OP asked for one, so my pick will be buffed Flux Rifle with the also buffed Flux Overdrive. Great status spreader, slash especially, and with a cheap riven and decent rolls, truly beastly.

Edited by Buttaface

A good riven will make even the trashiest weapon usable except for cough* cough* Krakken cough* cough*

Primary: Astilla - Nothings beats pumping the enemy full of radioactive glass covered with aids.

Secondary: Furis - winds of purity mod make this an alternative to lifestrike mod

Melee: Redeemer/Sarpa - effectively a your second primary weapon that wrecks faces.

Edited by H.Katsura_999

Stradavar, though I wish it was just a bit stronger.  I love how it looks and sounds, and the handling is wonderful, but it just feels weaker than all the other Auto/SemiAuto Switch weapons.

Dual Toxocysts.  These things tear through enemies, as long as you can hit that first headshot, and then you can just fire as fast as you can around head height and keep the buff going.

Sigma and Octantis.  It really does suck that it's locked behind nearly two years of logins, I love this thing.  Fast, strong, great Cit stats, good Status chance, it's been tearing up Sortie-level enemies easily, and it can open up tougher foes to finishers on demand.  Plus, it's an actual Sword and Shield in the Sword and Shield category.  It also gives some kind of buff when blocking damage, though I'm not actually sure what it is.

Edited by Vox_Preliator