Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Petition to never let Kela De Thayum never be a sortie boss again

Decinomic0n

First the amount of rollers that spawn during the orbital strike phase is completely idiotic. Next her arena is broken, got stuck outside of it multiple times. 3rd, she is not even a fun fight, it is unnecessarily drawn out by the orbital strike phases. Its just infuriating, at least the other sortie bosses are a fair but challenging fight

Well I rather kill Kela anytime, than the Hyena Pack with elemental enchantment (cheesing them from the door, where they can't reach me, is neither fair nor fun, or even challenging, it's just cheap). Or Lephantis with elemental enchantment...

It's always really funny when I see people complain about the rollers. I don't think rollers even SPAWN during Kela's away phases unless you have people falling into the pit. I mean, I mostly did the fight solo, so that could also be a difference, but I also do not remember it being an issue when I did the fight in a duo with someone who wasn't an idiot.

Anyhow, sortie Kela is prime time to farm her mods without needing to actually grind Rathuum points. I used to be thrilled to see her as a sortie boss! Now I don't need anything and don't care.

Edited by OvisCaedo

The reason why it is "unnecessarily drawn out by the orbital strike phases" is because you just can't die. 4 revives + teammates and the void mode. If you don't have these, people would see it more as a danger that needs to be avoided which makes the boss more challenging overall.

But i must disagree with the title. I don't see what's "unfair" about this boss fight at all other than not being as easy and quick as other bosses.

Take Oberon with Ignis and use Void mode from operators. His radiation damage melts Kela. That boss is easy at any level. The rollers are a nonissue and the spawning in the floor is easily remedied with a quick bullet jump after the cutscene. It is far from drawn out as well.

We shouldn't remove challenging content because people refuse to improve.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

1 minute ago, --Q--Voltage said:

Take Limbo with Ignis and an Oberon with high strength. His radiation damage melts Kela. That boss is easy at any level. We shouldn't remove content because people are too lazy to improve.

That requires two frames. I just bring banshee, go into void mode when orbital strike comes (or simply dodge them when void mode wasn't a thing since, it's not really hard...) and spam sonar before kela appears. 0.5 seconds with any automatic pistol or rifle and the damage phase is already over lol.

Defeated Kela at my first try in a Squad and did the most damage by a large amount as Valkyr Prime. I used a Hysteria build on her since i can use a small amount of energy with that build and i used Zenurik for the energy regen i get from my Operator. I can avoid kgetting killed by the strikes with Hysteria and i turn it off to use my guns. When she comes back, i activate Hysteria and destroy her. I solo’d Sortie Raptor and Hyena Pack with the same frame and Kela is just as easy to kill as Hyena Pack but Raptor, not even joking, is more of a annoying fight than Kela. 

Edited by VPrime96

only sortie boss i loath is Lephantis and that's only because the first stage with the 3 tentacle heads takes so dang long unless you and maybe 1 or 2 others bring some cheese level damage and its made worse when Leph has ele/phy resistance or stuff like enhanced armor ect.

Soooo how exactly does someone die to the Orbital Strike?  Because every single time I've ever fought her, Sortie or not, they were easily evaded by the advanced technique of "walking slowly in a circle."  It's a bit drawn out, sure, but not really any more than Vor, Jackal, Hek, Kril, Raptors, Ruk, Regor, Ambulas, or Lephantis.  Heck, the only Starchart bosses without tedious phases and/or health gates are the Sergeant, Alad V, and the Hyena Pack.

I hope not, it is quite easy and also gives variety to the game, I hope they put more bosses like golem jordas. I would like more variety of missions in the incursion and not to remove missions because some players find it difficult.