The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shotgun Riven Mod unlock w/ headshots 100m away

Shunten_Satsu

So I got a Shotgun Riven Mod from a Sortie, my condition is get 9 headshots from 100m.  Shotgun, headshots, 100m ... yep ... ain't gonna happen.

Is there a side arm that is a sniper rifle-ish? 

Have anyone else had this condition on a shotgun and was able to do it?

Is there a way to contact DE and state this should not be on a Shotgun Riven Mod?

Tigris is actually quite accurate for a shotgun.  

But from the top of my head, excellent sniper-accurate sidearms would be:

Lex (Prime)
(Rakta) Ballistica (Prime)   <-- use only charged shots
Euphona Prime
Knell
(Vaykor) Marelok  <-- wiki says it's inaccurate at long range, dunno what they're talking about. That thing is accurate.

And your challenge doesn't say consecutive headshots. So you can miss as much as you want.

1 minute ago, MystMan said:

Tigris is actually quite accurate for a shotgun.  

But from the top of my head, excellent sniper-accurate sidearms would be:

Lex (Prime)
(Rakta) Ballistica (Prime)   <-- use only charged shots
Euphona Prime
Knell
(Vaykor) Marelok  <-- wiki says it's inaccurate at long range, dunno what they're talking about. That thing is accurate.

And your challenge doesn't say consecutive headshots. So you can miss as much as you want.

off note i noticed if you every get a POE challange for consecutive headshots and its night time shoot the upside down bowl with tentacles coming out of it on the eidolon it counts to head shots

25 minutes ago, Shunten_Satsu said:

So I got a Shotgun Riven Mod from a Sortie, my condition is get 9 headshots from 100m.  Shotgun, headshots, 100m ... yep ... ain't gonna happen.

Is there a way to contact DE and state this should not be on a Shotgun Riven Mod?

Well, since everybody suggested a few side weapons.

If you really wanna do it with a Shotgun, Tigris and Drakgoon are quite accurate.

12 minutes ago, RobWasHere said:

Either Knell or Arca Scisco, or projectile secondary or glaive guided by Ivara Navigator.

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if you don't find any Secondary Weapons to be precise enough for your desires, you could always try using Ivara for the Riven, and flying a Euphoria Euphona Projectile or Et Cetera to the faces of Enemies.

These.  I highly recommend the Arca Scisco for this as it shows range to target when scoped.  Ivara and Navigator for other projectile based weapons to achieve the needed range.  

57 minutes ago, MystMan said:

There is a small chance every shot for low accuracy.  If you use it as a pocket sniper while doing stealth, you'll notice it quickly.  Most of the time it hits, but now and then its more dangerous to anyone else in the general vicinity of your target. 

6 hours ago, Shunten_Satsu said:

Lex, just use the Lex or Lex Prime.  It is the pocket sniper.  Alternatively you can go ivara and use a projectile secondary like the bolto

5 hours ago, Zavenosk said:

There is a small chance every shot for low accuracy.  If you use it as a pocket sniper while doing stealth, you'll notice it quickly.  Most of the time it hits, but now and then its more dangerous to anyone else in the general vicinity of your target. 

it's not a Chance for extra low Accuracy or anything - Marelok just has higher Spread than some of the other 'Precision' Secondary Weapons available.
every Shot has mediocre Accuracy, but Multi-Shot makes it into a pseudo Shotgun.

8 hours ago, Shunten_Satsu said:

Do it with AKLEX prime, it has a long distance

Mark an enemy, so u can know how far he is, then using yr pistol with the zoom in mod you can do it easily

Even if it is a riven for a shotgun, you can still do it with yr secondary

On 2018-07-23 at 7:38 AM, Shunten_Satsu said:

I've actually done all my 100m+ headshot challenges with the Arca Scisco, one of them required me to be in archwing mode too.