Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

THE RERURN OF THE RIFT SIGIL!

-HoB-KurtOn

5 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

i dont know what you had to do for it before but i assume the thing is relatively old so by now it doesnt matter. 

From the wiki:
"This Sigil was a reward from the Escalation phases of various Tactical Alerts, including Phoenix Intercept, Emergency Exit, Project Undermine, and Proxy Rebellion. This Sigil glows brighter the more energy the Warframe has. "

So it's basically always been a Tactical Alert reward. It's whatever imo.
It looks like some of those Escalation phases were level 100-150, though.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

4 часа назад, Jax_Cavalera сказал:

Personally I've never really cared for it, when we got that thing, I remember it took a while to figure out the right combination of frames, and although some people call that cheese.. it's also called being a vet,

Knowing now that warframes like valkyr, mesa, nova and most importantly, limbo already existed and that it was grineer interception.

I kinda can't help but laugh at "took a while to figure out the right combination of frames". Probably the most braindead combination is 4 valks or 4 limbos and combination of both so you can't possibly die and also bypass a melee only limitation. The only question was are you want to sit there for hours watching the clock ticking or not.

Цитата

who came up with brilliant solutions back in the day to form squads that got the rift sigil

Lost it here.

Edited by -Temp0-

To be perfectly fair when the Rift Sigil was first released it was from the Pheonix Intercept escalation if you could complete the escalation (much tougher than the normal missions at the time).
People complained about it not coming back and DE made it available as an RNG reward.
People complained about it being an RNG reward so DE put it back as a slightly harder defense mission, similar (though much, much, lower level) than the original Phoenix Intercept Escalation.
So really all DE did was copy how it was originally released.

It used to be a prestige badge, though since everyone complained that it was too hard and time consuming to get (The original Phoenix Intercept was actually fairly difficult when it was around) and now its just a participation reward like everything else.
And yet people still find room to complain about it....

38 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

i dont know what you had to do for it before but i assume the thing is relatively old so by now it doesnt matter. 

boi them's fitin words

To be perfectly fair when the Rift Sigil was first released it was from the Pheonix Intercept escalation if you could complete the escalation (much tougher than the normal missions at the time).
People complained about it not coming back and DE made it available as an RNG reward.
People complained about it being an RNG reward so DE put it back as a slightly harder defense mission, similar (though much, much, lower level) than the original Phoenix Intercept Escalation.
So really all DE did was copy how it was originally released.

It used to be a prestige badge, though since everyone complained that it was too hard and time consuming to get (The original Phoenix Intercept was actually fairly difficult when it was around) and now its just a participation reward like everything else.
And yet people still find room to complain about it....

This. However I really have to say that it was the only way to show that we even did the Pheonix Tactical (Escalation) alert. Now it's in a spot where everybody forgot about it, like it never happened and I(and maybe a few others who share my opinion if there are any out there) am fairly disappointed because of it. Since the Rift Sigil was re released the second time, the one after the RNG based time, I kinda stopped wearing it. I feel like my hours of being host migrated nonstop just to finally get into the mission and fail because it was darn near impossible without an Irradiated disarm Loki, has been tossed aside.

Am I gonna cry about it? Nah. I know this is a game, but please stop putting out events that are so hard that they give off a "Only a few made it" vibe. I remember when it was only like less than 200 players even had it originally. It was that much a pain in the neck, that mission.

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

6 minutes ago, AzureTerra said:

If you got it from the previous events that had it you have had it for a good long time. Get over it.

I'm not gonna let the original alert it came from be forgotten. Were you there? During the dark times of endless host migrations and hordes of Irradiated Disarm Lokis that could be seen for as far as the eye can see?

Just now, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I'm not gonna let the original alert it came from be forgotten. Were you there? During the dark times of endless host migrations and hordes of Irradiated Disarm Lokis that could be seen for as far as the eye can see?

The more things change the more they stay the same. Now we're in the age of AFK and limbo players who make me consider booking an appointment at the opticians.

8 minutes ago, FillyRarity said:

The more things change the more they stay the same. Now we're in the age of AFK and limbo players who make me consider booking an appointment at the opticians.

Things never change. Remember Xini? How about Draco? They were far worse with leechers and AFK tenno than Hieracon or Hydron is now. Despite that, it's still a thing.

Edited by Hawk_of_the_Reborn

1 hour ago, (PS4)FAST_n_35007 said:

Not sure about you guys but I know I'm a lil frustrated with de for the ease in which to get the rift sigil with the new alert. Don't really think it's fair to make some people grind away for it with the rng then just hand it over to others after a couple simple missions

Not everyone has the best gear. My team/family have failed the last "simple" mission three times now with around 10 waves left. I doubt we'll get it.

50 minutes ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I was here for the pain of many major events that introduced something new and i'm fine with people getting those items from easier things/baro because i have had them a long time already.  The last couple of instances of it being on offer were under stupidly rare drop chances so it being a actual reward is very good.

Edited by AzureTerra

2 hours ago, (PS4)FAST_n_35007 said:

Not sure about you guys but I know I'm a lil frustrated with de for the ease in which to get the rift sigil with the new alert. Don't really think it's fair to make some people grind away for it with the rng then just hand it over to others after a couple simple missions

It may be easy for you but it isn't for newer players. 

I did it and was 1 shotting Hyenas with a muktiforma Sancti Tigris while topping kills and damage with my Mag Prime. Know why?  I've been here for years and have the gear to accomplish it. 

It's plenty hard for people that arent as well equipped. 

Challenge requirement met, go home. 

Just now, MagPrime said:

I did it and was 1 shotting Hyenas with a muktiforma Sancti Tigris while topping kills and damage with my Mag Prime. Know why?  I've been here for years and have the gear to accomplish it.

The rest of your post is sincere but this part sounds like that US marine copypasta.

To everybody putting all these "Well I was there, and I'm bitter that it's being forgotten" statements...

You haven't forgotten, and that's all that you should care about.

Newer players who weren't there? They really don't give a S#&$ about events they didn't take part in, or whether or not you did. Don't make this about your ego, because you weren't impressing anybody to begin with.

It's an old sigil that doesn't even look great, get over it.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

Valk struggled to kill lvl 150s fast enough to hold cap points without top tier mods limbo couldnt freeze enemies back then.. nova was a squishy 1 shot same with vauban. clearly you didnt come up with a squad combo. But it is nice to see your ignorance as a source of humor. Also easy to know a solution when looking at the answer.

Edited by Jax_Cavalera

6 minutes ago, MagPrime said:

It may be easy for you but it isn't for newer players. 

It's plenty hard for people that arent as well equipped. 

Challenge requirement met, go home. 

This x 1000!  I was discussing this earlier with peeps about Sorties being "trivial" too.  They forget that not every player is as far into the game or has collected as much gear as they have.  I found it somewhat challenging, mainly because I was kinda dumb with the gear I brought along and didn't realize the time investment prior...but then my gf, who is only MR8 with far, FAR, far less experience in WF....she struggled with every stage and had to run the 4th one several times to get through it.  

People need to remember perspective matters.  It's all relative.   This reward wasn't given out half-heartedly, it ain't nothin' -that- big, AND tbh....the old missions ARE forgotten, if they're known about at all, by the newer players anyways.  I've over 1000 hrs in-game and not once have I looked at a shiny symbol on someone's stomach and gone "Gosh!  What a legend! What a vet! I am in awe of their splendor!"  Not. Once.

3 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

Knowing now that warframes like valkyr, mesa, nova and most importantly, limbo already existed and that it was grineer interception.

I kinda can't help but laugh at "took a while to figure out the right combination of frames". Probably the most braindead combination is 4 valks or 4 limbos and combination of both so you can't possibly die and also bypass a melee only limitation. The only question was are you want to sit there for hours watching the clock ticking or not.

Lost it here.

Please refrain from such jabs here. They are unnecessary and since you are also incorrect, it does not look good. I want this to be a polite collection of opinions, and I don't want you stepping on other's opinions. I mean this primarily on your second part.

To help you understand some things, let me say that since you weren't around for this mission, you are not aware of the situation, and your examples kinda show this. Limbo didn't stay in the rift forever back then. nor did he have a way to freeze enemies. He was very squishy, and if you were to build him to at least tank a little bit of the damage you'd receive, the 400 conclave limit means you'd have to go with an unmodded melee. Considering the amount of enemies you'd find, it was harder than you think. Also remember that this was before parkour 2.0. Our only method of fast travel was a flip jump. No bullet jumps, no aimglide, no double jump, and no wall latch. We did not have any ability weapons that scaled off mods. This includes mesa and valkyr. The only frame you used in the example that worked was nova, and let me tell you that you needed more than her. Please look at my build, which was a fairly popular build for that day. You're seeing 2906.5 damage per strike. This is pennies compared to the 200k HP enemies we were fighting. Even with 4x CP, this was still a massive amount of health because it's 200,000 cloned flesh. We had no zenistar, no galatine prime, no war (even though scindo p was better), and none of the biggest mods you are familiar with. Tempo Royal was the reward from the mission, thus we only had Rending Crane and Cleaving Whirlwind as stance to use.

Please read the spoiler and this paragraph to get you a better understanding of the situation that you were not present for, and as I said first, please do not take jabs at me or anyone in this thread, and I am sure nobody will make such comments of you. If you have an opinion, say it. I don't mind.

Thank you

Edited by (PS4)Crixus044

8 часов назад, Jax_Cavalera сказал:

Valk struggled to kill lvl 150s fast enough to hold cap points without top tier mods limbo couldnt freeze enemies back then.. nova was a squishy 1 shot same with vauban. clearly you didnt come up with a squad combo. But it is nice to see your ignorance as a source of humor. Also easy to know a solution when looking at the answer.

A gentle reminder, just because it takes longer doesnt mean its difficult. Again, cp existed. I was dumb enough to bring valk to that lv 1000 defense and I was still killing things, of course much slower after lv 500 or so. Please dont make it more petty than it already is.  

Whos looking at the answer again? When sortie just started it was just as difficult but people learned and managed, its not like you're so special or anything

Edited by -Temp0-

Phoenix Intercept escalation wasn't hard. It required a bit of a tactical approach and the minimal amount of thinking and communication regarding the chosen method of cheesing doing it. Hence the name "tactical alert" was justified. I really miss those times when we had to communicate with other squadmates to come with an effective plan. On the other hand there is nothing tactical about Proxy Rebellion, to be honest it was semi-AFK borefest. I don't care for the Rift sigil, it means nothing, it's just another cosmetic, but DE could've stop pretending and drop the "tactical" part.

2 hours ago, -Temp0- said:

A gentle reminder, just because it takes longer doesnt mean its difficult. Again, cp existed. I was dumb enough to bring valk to that lv 1000 defense and I was still killing things, of course much slower after lv 500 or so. Please dont make it more pretty than it already is.  

Whos looking at the answer again? When sortie just started it was just as difficult but people learned and managed, its not like you're so special or anything

Takes longer on a limited available alert means it is difficult as it is limited time to solve. That's kinda how limited time stuff works...

Cool bro ur valk can do defence to 1k we talking interception here. Also u realise surely that i do not argue valk was good for that event.. am just saying its easy to look back at what worked and say it was obvious.. harder in the moment when you consider how each frames abilities worked back then.

Never said I was special please don't put words in my mouth to troll it dimnishes the value of your perspective being presented.

Yep being resourceful is a pretty common trait amongst the community, thats part of what contributes to such a great game imo.

Man, I can't even remember when it was introduced and how I got it. However, it serves the endgame (FashionTM), so the return is welcome.

About the difficulty... what's trivial to a have-it-all like you or me might be next to impossible for some new Tenno. So get a bit bored and help others to some great stuff from the alert.