Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are You Satisfied With The Game's Combat?

Tellakey

25 minutes ago, Jfalz said:

Higher enemy count per mission with more challenging AI.

Better AI won't actually mean anything without balancing the players out first. What smarter AI gonna do when we can invalidate anything enemies could do.

Movement and melee need more love. Spamming E... Not so much fun. They need to look at other action horde combat in other games. Example, Black Desert Online, feeling and key combinations are sublime. They talked about improving it... But its been a long time.

As for enemies. I don't think they need higher lvl enemies. Just better scaling from 0-100. 

I am satisfied.

Guns feel good, Frames feel powerful, game is just mindless fun. Which is a good thing.

This game & Diablo have become some of my all time favorite RPGs. Mainly because my friends & I can just log in & have fun.

I am mostly satisfied with the melee combat.

But I feel it could take some cues from DMC & have simpler combos that stagger enemies & allow enemies to stagger & combo players.

Crouch cancels, & etc. Combos that end with a finisher (rewarding a successful combo). Just a refined yet simplified system overall.

Basically a simple yet deep melee system.

Not everything has to be complex for the sheer sake of complexity.

I want Archwing replaced with Landing Craft. Lol.

26 minutes ago, OriVerda said:

I wouldn't mind a skill-based dueling system. No mods, no stats where speed, timing, precision, cunning and luck come in play. 

it would be perfect in the Clan duel room the tiny space is more suited for Melee duels than shooting

like a Dark souls arena type stage.

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka

2 hours ago, OriVerda said:

I wouldn't mind a skill-based dueling system. No mods, no stats where speed, timing, precision, cunning and luck come in play. 

That would only really be good for clan duels, I don't think it works as a general melee system for how Warframe is.

So far I'm satisfied with wf combat system. Although Better boss fight might be great, i like eidolon fight and ambulas (not a fan with the way to access it) 

I Also hope more enemies in solo and better spawn like in sanctuary onslaught. 

So far I'd say I'm satisfied. Weapons in the game are unique and function differently. Each with their own stats and strengths. I love the melee combat in particular but that's my personal preference. I hope melee 3.0 isn't too drastic of a change. Plus I'm a sucker for Japanese swords so I'm a huge fan of the nikana prime and the skiajati. Not saying that the gun play is bad or anything like that. I would like to see space combat (aka arch wings) to be fleshed out a bit more though; or perhaps reworked. Eidolon fights are always fun as it finally gives operators a purpose to use them (unless you're in zenurik which in that case you'll always use him/her). Something I'd love to see in the future is some type of war zone that's constantly on going where we're at war with the sentients and we gain or lose territory (potential end game idea? possibly in the new war update?)

This is probably a useless statement but I'm not going to make any pretense that I have a good and viable suggestion. But Warframe is less about us "fighting" enemies but rather us "killing" them.

You could argue that Warframe doesn't have a combat system. Without going too much into semantics, combat means to fight - a fight means to struggle - and I'm sure there are people who share the sentiment that after a certain point in the game, enemies no longer become a "struggle". Majority of Warframe abilities are not built around "fighting" enemies, but either killing them or incapacitating them; both of which bypass a fight and straight into the results of fighting. Tanking abilities can fall into the same category as they also bypass the need for the player to struggle.

Just gonna sum up because I have no constructive suggestions other than that at some point, I believe Warframe may need to undergo a major overhaul of both it's design and direction. My personal opinion and wish is that I think Warframe should slow down a bit. I do not have the experience or ingenuity to even begin suggesting how they could be done, but if it's up for serious consideration later, I'm sure the devs or other players would have better ideas than what I could come up with.

The baseline combat is fine. Shooting enemies dead feel a bit too fast but it is more likely to be a problem with mod balancing and in relation to the level of enemies. There's also the problem with the pacing of the game making combat secondary to running past enemies but that's more of a mission design problem too.

Only problem I see so far is the number of things being too easy for being too effective. It diminishes a lot of the co-op dynamic in high tension missions by allowing a single player to reduce the combat to 1/10 of what it normally is. There is simply too much of a gap in the combat where it ranges from being a fast-pace high tension shooter to less intense than a point and click adventure.

tl;dr Combat should stay the way it is outside of minor tweaks but the game should try to push players into the middle of combat rather than allowing easy workarounds.