Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The attitude of Devs toward Reb Data was a bit sad

Cloud

I think it's important to note that it's a devstream, it's basically a community show. it's not a real development/executive meeting, i mean they drink beer there. 

All the serious analytic and important decision will be done behind the screen on their regular work hours and will be shown on the next dev stream.

1 minute ago, Rekkou said:

I think it's important to note that it's a devstream, it's basically a community show. it's not a real development/executive meeting, i mean they drink beer there. 

All the serious analytic and important decision will be done behind the screen on their regular work hours and will be shown on the next dev stream.

Stream banter is one thing, joking around and stuff, but that was quite unnecessary specially because they are streaming to tens of thousands of people who want to know important information about the development of the game. One thing is making a joke about not wanting to talk about that, the other thing is to literally spend 10+ minutes to interrupt an important member of the team trying to show important information to both them and the community.

53 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

It was a joke. They knew it was joke. Reb knew it was a joke. Every intelligent person watching the strim knew it was a joke. Please stop white knighting, would you kindly?

The Sun is hot < do you feel any pangs of laughter? 

Pillows are comfy < anything? Not even a chuckle?

I'm being hyperbolic ofc, but it makes my point. To some that was a joke, to others that's the unfortunate truth. Unused frames get ignored, there's nothing funny in that, it just is.

Essentially, it was a glib statement on a controversial issue. If that's your sort of humour then more power to you, but blowback is to be expected.

2 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Unused frames get ignored, there's nothing funny in that, it just is.

Except that put into context the "No one uses the frame so why both fix it?" (which is where that comment comes from) makes no sense as DE reworks frames because people don't use it. Taken out of context ofcourse it sounds harsher than what it is.

2 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Except that put into context the "No one uses the frame so why both fix it?" (which is where that comment comes from) makes no sense as DE reworks frames because people don't use it. Taken out of context ofcourse it sounds harsher than what it is.

He said "If no one uses it, why bother fixing it". There is no "bu-but it is taken out of context!" or shifting blame on players because they don't use an outdated piece of content that even the Devs admit to be just bad.

4 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

He said "If no one uses it, why bother fixing it". There is no "bu-but it is taken out of context!" or shifting blame on players because they don't use an outdated piece of content that even the Devs admit to be just bad.

14 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

The Sun is hot < do you feel any pangs of laughter? 

Pillows are comfy < anything? Not even a chuckle?

I'm being hyperbolic ofc, but it makes my point. To some that was a joke, to others that's the unfortunate truth. Unused frames get ignored, there's nothing funny in that, it just is.

Essentially, it was a glib statement on a controversial issue. If that's your sort of humour then more power to you, but blowback is to be expected.

Exactly right. Because then why bother reworking frames like Vauban or Wukong. Ultimately "joking" about things like that isn't vary constructive. 

6 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

DE rework frames that aren't used?

That must be why Wukong and Nezha get so much attention, constant usage.

Also explains why Saryn is still on her 1.0 version, no usage at all.

If you see something I don't, then great. But from where I'm sitting, as with their self confessed tendency to forget about mechanics and systems for years, they forget about frames for years. How long did it take them to look at Atlas? Or Zephyr?

How long will it take them to look at Wukong. He's been out 3 years almost and received change. Iron Jab adds to, but doesn't benefit from, the melee counter. And that was one hotfix right after release.

No no, from where I'm sitting unused frames are very much ignored, so I don't see how it's being taken out of context? 

Doesn't bother me either which way, I've long since stopped caring about the Devstreams and what they say, just don't get why everyone's so dead-set on this being a funny joke.

It's not a crime for them to say jokes that aren't funny, you know? We all make mistakes. Sometimes things sound better in your head. I suspect this was one of them.

22 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

Stream banter is one thing, joking around and stuff, but that was quite unnecessary specially because they are streaming to tens of thousands of people who want to know important information about the development of the game. One thing is making a joke about not wanting to talk about that, the other thing is to literally spend 10+ minutes to interrupt an important member of the team trying to show important information to both them and the community.

I won't deny that it can be annoying, but it's the nature of the devstream. No decision there will be representative of the real decision even if they are 100% serious. Simply because there are actually not enough time to think, discuss and made any real decision in the devstream.

Even answers like "Yeah, we'll look into that" or "Sure, why not?" can ended up as a "NO" after they actually have enough time to think and discussed it. 

Just now, DeMonkey said:

Doesn't bother me either which way, I've long since stopped caring about the Devstreams and what they say, just don't get why everyone's so dead-set on this being a funny joke.

It's not a crime for them to say jokes that aren't funny, you know? We all make mistakes. Sometimes things sound better in your head. I suspect this was one of them.

Wait the bit where they said something to the effect of "no one uses these so why bother fixing them?" I actually chuckled at that. 

19 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Wait the bit where they said something to the effect of "no one uses these so why bother fixing them?" I actually chuckled at that. 

Then more power to you, I don't care either which way.  I fully accept that it's just observational humour, I personally have better taste in jokes though:wink:

It is however an observation on something that certainly bothers people, and for those people it's not as easy to find it funny.

I know I certainly get frustrated at times at all the dead Wukong feedback that's accumulated over the years, I'm sure others feel the same about their own favourite frame.

Edited by DeMonkey

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Then more power to you, I don't care either which way.  I fully accept that it just observational humour, I personally have better taste in jokes :wink:

It is however an observation on something that certainly bothers people, and for those people it's not as easy to find it funny.

I know I certainly get frustrated at times at all the dead Wukong feedback that's accumulated over the years, I'm sure others feel the same about their own favourite frame.

Observational humor, I was just racking my brain trying to nail down the comedic branch. 

I can definitely sympathies, I practically main Titania at this point and she's feels about as forgotten as they get. Still sometimes ya just gotta have a little giggle.

8 minutes ago, Oreades said:

Observational humor, I was just racking my brain trying to nail down the comedic branch. 

I gotchu.

9 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I can definitely sympathies, I practically main Titania at this point and she's feels about as forgotten as they get. Still sometimes ya just gotta have a little giggle

Unfortunately we can't make people find something funny.

Honestly I'm willing to just chalk it up to "sounded better in the head", happens to us all, especially when you're having a laugh with mates.

Still, at the end of the day it was glib, it was kinda dismissive and it's clearly caused "bother". I don't think anything will come of it, nor do I think anything should come of it, I just feel for those who are actually bothered by it. 

Seeing all the Nyx and Vauban players crawling out the woodwork recently is a nice reminder that no matter how forgotten a frame is by DE, there are those who remain passionate about it.

2 hours ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

It was a joke. They knew it was joke. Reb knew it was a joke. Every intelligent person watching the strim knew it was a joke. Please stop white knighting, would you kindly?

That's like the opposite of white knighting. White knighting would be defending the devs, like many people are doing here.

5 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

They're joking with a fellow co-worker, not disrespecting her. Stop taking things so seriously. The devstreams have rarely been the place to display professionalism. 

This.  Context is lost on the young and the reactionary.  Have fun.  Drink beer.  Mess with co-workers.  

We all lift together.

Edited by (PS4)Silverback73

Ah, different viewpoints.

One will see a reminder of DE tendency to forget about certain things that were not addressed for a long time. Because procrastination is an interesting phenomena.

Another will see an awkward situation of someone bringing up a sore point. Because there are only 24 hours in a day and there is so much to be done.

And another will see a woman who needs protection. Because she obviously can not call out her coworkers on certain things if needed. /s

hace 7 horas, Nitro747 dijo:

(man)terrupting

Cut down. They were just acting as if they were part of a generally uninterested audience in regards to the spreadsheets. If instead of Reb there had been a lad, you can be certain that the very same thing would have happened.

The Devstream is only a fraction of insight into the Dev's daily work. We aren't really savvy to their relationships and the frequency at which they get to see and rely on charts. For all we know they're simply sick of charts. The situation is a bit overblown.

Edited by Tellakey

They mess around on stream and pick on one another from time to time, this isn't new, one occasion they had too many beers and began to lose focus, professionalism isn't the topic of the stream nor it's focus.  The point of the streams is to let us The Players in and understand what they're doing and thinking, they have access to the same tools Rebecca used to form those graphs and likely already discussed such statistics like any company would've already.

Keep in mind these people know each other outside the streams, they don't work in solitude and have more going on behind the scenes than they'll share, it's not our place to defend them or rally them when they have a disagreement amongst each other and it certainly isn't our place to tell them how to do their jobs.

Making fun or not, I guess it’s up to individual’s. Me for one doesn’t like Sheldon when he made fun of players’ names. Yes, it’s for fun for him but in the eyes of some others, it’s just plain childish for a core dev to act like that. It’s basic respect for people we doesn’t know, not to joke about their names. Friends still ok to joke around if the friend is ok with it.